why is my booklet printing upside down?

Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing 
reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it
1
Utf
3/3/2010 6:42:04 AM
publisher 21446 articles. 4 followers. Follow

8 Replies
7928 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 26

Look at your printer settings. There should be a check-off about flipping or a 
similar option.

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com...
> Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing
> reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it 


0
Mary
3/3/2010 11:30:35 AM
Look at the Print dialog box fir 2-sided printing options (bottom center of 
the window). Change it to two-sided, flip short side and see if that works.

-- 
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"



"jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com...
> Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing
> reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it 


0
JoAnn
3/3/2010 6:20:21 PM
Are you talking about Publisher 2010? It is the only Publisher print dialogue 
I've ever seen with this option. It would be helpful if folks would say what 
version they are using. Are you doing the Dummy book again?

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message 
news:%23wyMx4vuKHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Look at the Print dialog box fir 2-sided printing options (bottom center of 
> the window). Change it to two-sided, flip short side and see if that works.
>
> -- 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>
>
>
> "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com...
>> Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing
>> reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it
>
> 


0
Mary
3/3/2010 7:45:52 PM
That's in 2007. It could be printer dependent though.

No, not sure if there will be a Publisher 2010 for Dummies book.

-- 
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"



"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message 
news:eEg2jowuKHA.4464@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Are you talking about Publisher 2010? It is the only Publisher print 
> dialogue I've ever seen with this option. It would be helpful if folks 
> would say what version they are using. Are you doing the Dummy book again?
>
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23wyMx4vuKHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Look at the Print dialog box fir 2-sided printing options (bottom center 
>> of the window). Change it to two-sided, flip short side and see if that 
>> works.
>>
>> -- 
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>
>>
>>
>> "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com...
>>> Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started 
>>> printing
>>> reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it
>>
>>
>
> 


-1
JoAnn
3/4/2010 2:18:47 PM
You are right, I have a duplex unit so I never see that dialogue.

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message 
news:etOGcW6uKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> That's in 2007. It could be printer dependent though.
>
> No, not sure if there will be a Publisher 2010 for Dummies book.
>
> -- 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>
>
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:eEg2jowuKHA.4464@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Are you talking about Publisher 2010? It is the only Publisher print dialogue 
>> I've ever seen with this option. It would be helpful if folks would say what 
>> version they are using. Are you doing the Dummy book again?
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23wyMx4vuKHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Look at the Print dialog box fir 2-sided printing options (bottom center of 
>>> the window). Change it to two-sided, flip short side and see if that works.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com...
>>>> Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing
>>>> reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Mary
3/4/2010 3:00:55 PM
I have a printer that also does duplex. But if that setting isn't changed to 
flip short side, the inside prints upside down. Without more information 
from the OP it's difficult to be of any more help.

-- 
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"



"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message 
news:OrWM$t6uKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> You are right, I have a duplex unit so I never see that dialogue.
>
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:etOGcW6uKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> That's in 2007. It could be printer dependent though.
>>
>> No, not sure if there will be a Publisher 2010 for Dummies book.
>>
>> -- 
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>
>>
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:eEg2jowuKHA.4464@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Are you talking about Publisher 2010? It is the only Publisher print 
>>> dialogue I've ever seen with this option. It would be helpful if folks 
>>> would say what version they are using. Are you doing the Dummy book 
>>> again?
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Mary Sauer
>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:%23wyMx4vuKHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Look at the Print dialog box fir 2-sided printing options (bottom 
>>>> center of the window). Change it to two-sided, flip short side and see 
>>>> if that works.
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> JoAnn Paules
>>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com...
>>>>> Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started 
>>>>> printing
>>>>> reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
JoAnn
3/4/2010 3:31:54 PM
Thank you so much!! 3 days of pulling my hair out, if only all of life's 
problems could be so easily solved.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> I have a printer that also does duplex. But if that setting isn't changed to 
> flip short side, the inside prints upside down. Without more information 
> from the OP it's difficult to be of any more help.
> 
> -- 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
> 
> 
> 
> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:OrWM$t6uKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > You are right, I have a duplex unit so I never see that dialogue.
> >
> > -- 
> > Mary Sauer
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message 
> > news:etOGcW6uKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> >> That's in 2007. It could be printer dependent though.
> >>
> >> No, not sure if there will be a Publisher 2010 for Dummies book.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message 
> >> news:eEg2jowuKHA.4464@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >>> Are you talking about Publisher 2010? It is the only Publisher print 
> >>> dialogue I've ever seen with this option. It would be helpful if folks 
> >>> would say what version they are using. Are you doing the Dummy book 
> >>> again?
> >>>
> >>> -- 
> >>> Mary Sauer
> >>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>>
> >>> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message 
> >>> news:%23wyMx4vuKHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >>>> Look at the Print dialog box fir 2-sided printing options (bottom 
> >>>> center of the window). Change it to two-sided, flip short side and see 
> >>>> if that works.
> >>>>
> >>>> -- 
> >>>> JoAnn Paules
> >>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> >>>> news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com...
> >>>>> Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started 
> >>>>> printing
> >>>>> reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/5/2010 12:51:01 AM
From your mouth.................  ;-)

-- 
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"



"jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:89C66530-B663-443E-B700-9D92E1551FE2@microsoft.com...
> Thank you so much!! 3 days of pulling my hair out, if only all of life's
> problems could be so easily solved.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I have a printer that also does duplex. But if that setting isn't changed 
>> to
>> flip short side, the inside prints upside down. Without more information
>> from the OP it's difficult to be of any more help.
>>
>> -- 
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>
>>
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:OrWM$t6uKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> > You are right, I have a duplex unit so I never see that dialogue.
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Mary Sauer
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> > news:etOGcW6uKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> >> That's in 2007. It could be printer dependent though.
>> >>
>> >> No, not sure if there will be a Publisher 2010 for Dummies book.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> JoAnn Paules
>> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> >> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:eEg2jowuKHA.4464@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> >>> Are you talking about Publisher 2010? It is the only Publisher print
>> >>> dialogue I've ever seen with this option. It would be helpful if 
>> >>> folks
>> >>> would say what version they are using. Are you doing the Dummy book
>> >>> again?
>> >>>
>> >>> -- 
>> >>> Mary Sauer
>> >>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >>>
>> >>> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> >>> news:%23wyMx4vuKHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> >>>> Look at the Print dialog box fir 2-sided printing options (bottom
>> >>>> center of the window). Change it to two-sided, flip short side and 
>> >>>> see
>> >>>> if that works.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> -- 
>> >>>> JoAnn Paules
>> >>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> >>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >>>> news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com...
>> >>>>> Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started
>> >>>>> printing
>> >>>>> reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


-1
JoAnn
3/5/2010 2:47:55 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How Print
In a Macro How do you print a string in a macro? For instance: Print "Hi there" So "Hi there" goes to the printer. I tried all kinds of things but it keeps saying someting about an object. I'm trying to print a string variable. Thanks John I think that most people print a worksheet (or a range on a worksheet). So you could populate a cell with that string and then print that cell. Range("a1").value = "hi there" range("a1").printout But this kind of thing would work, too: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Open "LPT1:" Fo...

booklet to pdf
Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the same pdf page? I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and please answer in newbie language). Thanks, Seagull What size is your booklet? If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application for half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if you are using A4 stock. On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above. If your document is ...

Hide Ribbon
I would like to hide the Ribbon on start up, but still have a way to show a way to show the print dialog box. I have been able to hide the Ribbon using the USYSRIBBON table and the following XML, but it also disables all of the options on the Office button, so if a report is previewed, there is no way to print. My solution must bring up the print dialog so that the user can select his printer. : <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"> <commands> <command idMso="FileNewDatabase" enabled="false"/>...

Print Forms as they Look
I have a custom form that users will need to print the form as it looks, but with the regular print everything is changed to text. I tried XPath but the problem with that is if a machine does not have that dll, the information on the sent form will not appear ...

I cannot print on grayscale
I cannot print on grayscale. Simple as that. I have publisher 2007 beta 2. The problem is that I don't know how I did it before. All I did was log off an account and switch to the next. Now I cannot print on grayscale. I can tell my printer to print on grayscale, but I won't try it. Probably I do not how to do it, but I don't know how I did it the last time. Anyhow, the help is not helpful at all. Please help me, I have to print some business cards for tonight, and I have 2 hrs. left. -- Stuserver ...

cannot print calendar
When I select 'file-print-page set-up' nothing happens. When I select file-print-preview-page setup, I get an error message ' cannot display dialog box'. Help - I want to print from selections available. I use Outlook calendar at work and I know that there are selections available. Does anyone know a fix for this problem? Thanks, I appreciate any help. Similar problem on migrating from OL03 (DELL Dimension D505, W2000 Server) to OL07 (DELL Latitude E6500, W7). Daily & Tri-Fold views won't (or would not) Preview or Print in OL07 for my HP1200, but W...

OL 2007 printing
In OL 2000 you could select multiple messages, choose print, and it would print them on one sheet. With the upgrade to 2007, each message is printing on its own sheet (wasting paper). Is there a way to tell OL 2007 to print them on one sheet? tia -- Lauri Bellingham Public Schools Application Support Not that I am aware of. Printing in broken in Outlook 2007. :( See if blueprint or outlookprinter.com meets your needs. http://www.savvisoft.com/ http://www.outlookprinter.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Task...

Booklet printing
I created a 12 page booklet. When I print "All" pages, only page 7 prints on the right side of a sheet. When I print by page, 12,1; page 11 printed on the right side of the sheet. When I tried to print pages 3,10, page 12 printed on the right side of the sheet (shich is the incorrect side for an even page number.) I've tried printing to both my Epson Stylus:Photo printer and my HP printer, only p. 7 prints. When I printed to Primo.pdf - only page 7 printed. Luckily, when I emailed it to the professional printer, he was able to print the whole document. Why can'...

Mail Merge with "Booklet"
I prepare an Annual Member Directory for my club. I personalise the front cover my adding each name by mail merge. I have Page Setup as "Booklet" and I print two per page. If I attempt to have four pages in my booklet I get an error message that "Publsher cannot merge with this number of pages .. .. must delete pages. I can cope with using one file and one pass to prepare front and back covers. With just two pages sheet one gives me the first two records with the front cover on the right hand side. Sheet two gives me records 3 and 4 with the front cover on the left hand...

after i installed microsoft office i cannot print in color and i .
how come i cannot use microsoft publisher or print in color. publisher wrote: > how come i cannot use microsoft publisher or print in color. How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp Otherwise, you might as well try here: Psychic Friends Network (800) 592-7827 -- My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually lose his marbles? publisher wrote: &g...

Variable Print Length
I have a worksheet with 10 columns and 1 to 100 rows depending on the number of clients we have in a day. I would like to write a macro that automatically figures out the print size necessary and prints the sheet or sheets necessary to print all the information. For example suppose that on day 1 the last row with data is row 20. Since the sheet will print 30 rows per page, then the print size would be A1:J30. If, however, the number of rows used on day 2 is 49, then pressing the [Print] Button (that would run the macro) would print 2 sheets; the first with the first 30 rows and the se...

why is my booklet printing upside down?
Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it Look at your printer settings. There should be a check-off about flipping or a similar option. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com... > Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing > reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it Look at...

SQL Server: How to get non-record output such as from PRINT statements
Hi, I'm using VS6 C++/MFC/SQL Server 7 SELECT statements return records, which I can get using CRecordSet. However, in Query Analyzer and other SQL Server Query Tools, executing queries result in comments like "12 records updated" And also T-SQL statements like PRINT @myvar will yield this as a text result in QueryAnalyzer. How can I get these results (output info other than records) from my MFC code? Lisa Lisa, TSQL print statements are for diagnostics. Perhaps they served a use once when people intended that users would sit down and run there own queries interactively...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

cannot print graphics copied from word 2007 for PCs into an existing word document on my mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello everyone, <br><br>I'm new to the forum and hope somebody can help. I stumbled across mactopia whilst searching for an answer to my question in google and read the thread titled &quot;drawings/graphics don't print&quot;. Unfortunately that has not solved my problem, which I outline further below. <br><br>I work from home on my mac (Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). Currently I am writing up a document in word 2008 for macs. I have some graphics (png. files) that I created on my work computer, ...

Spreadsheets will not print
As of yesterday my printer(Lexmark Z605) stopped printing Excel spreadsheets. I can print form Word and Notepad just find but not Excel 2002. Loaded new program Act 2005. Can anyone help? TIA Cindy Maybe you are trying to print to a different printer? file>print preview>print>printer??? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Cindy Conover" <cconover@kwfffftrucklease.com> wrote in message news:%23JZsZCJ9GHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > As of yesterday my printer(Lexmark Z605) stopped printing Excel > spreadsheets. I can print for...

Print Limitation?
I have a user that receives email with alot of attachments. The user wants to print the email with a list of attachments for distribution purposes. I currently have Outlook set up with the ability to print an icon view of the attachments. Is there any way to set up Outlook to print a listing of the attachments instead of large icons. Operating System = Windows 2000 Pro SP4 Office = 2000 Pro SP3 Thanks in advance, Dennis ...

BOOKLET
I WANT TO FLIP THE UPSIDE DOWN PAGES INSIDE MY BOOKLET RIGHTSIDE UP, HOW DO I DO THIS SIMPLE TASK? a) Please do not post in all capitals. It is difficult to read, and is considered shouting, which is rude. b) There are no upside-down pages in your booklet. If you re-load the paper the wrong way around to print the reverse side, then the page will be printed the wrong way up. If your printer tells you how to do this, either you are not following instructions properly or your printer is wrong. If your printer does this automatically, you will need to change the settings on your dupl...

how do I create a booklet
File,Page setup, booklet.. In Publisher 2000 and below, file, page setup, special fold, booklet -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "joyal" <joyal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A463FB6F-DD9C-4887-9582-60D272A141F3@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp....

Printing selection with hidden columns
I have a very wide worksheet that I hide several columns on. For example: A - AG are being utilized, however I only want to print A, B, C, D, P, AA - AG, so I hide the rest. I highlight and try to print the selection I want, however one of the columns I want to print doesn't show/print (and it's between two hidden column groups).... How do I get a specific selection of columns to print when there are "gaps" of hidden columns? Am I missing something obvious? If a column is visible, and it is in the print area, then it should print. There are no tricks beyond this. ...

print booklet on 11 x 17
I have an HP2800. I am trying to print a 4 page booklet on 11X17 but there is no Tabloid option and when I print to 11X17. Two pages print per side but are shrunk. Does anyone have any suggestions. Hp is blaming it on publisher. I can print from Word but for some reason it does not work on publisher Are you setting up your printer first? You have to setup the printer before you setup your page. Do you have the "zoom" feature checked? Publisher is more critical about drivers than most applications, there is a driver on the HP web site with a February timestamp, it maybe new...

Automatically print documents from a link
In Outlook 2003: when I receive an email with a link to documents, is there a way I can automatically have the documents print from the link?::eek: -- Millie http://forums.slipstick.com Is this a HTML message? Double click to open the message in its won window and then choose File-> Print... On the Options tab you can set the option to print all linked documents as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real...

Excel 2002 prints fine but excel 2000 prints 150+ blank pages
This one has got me stumped. I created a document using Excel 2002 and everything works great. I go to print and it will print the normal 4 pages. Now if I open the SAME document in Excel 2000 and go to print it it will print 150 or more blank pages Again it has me puzzeled because 2002 prints fine every time. I compared the 2002 with the 2000 setting per setting and all the settings look the same. But yet the 2000 Excel prints all those blank pages. Help please!!! ...

Printing Bitmap Texture Fills
When printing shapes filled with bitmap textures, the data sent to the Printer is very large, ~58 MB for a single page. It seems that the bitmap texture is being send to the printer each time the texture is tiled. I there any way to improve on the performance when printing shapes filled with bitmap textures? this is what I am doing: OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { CBitmap bmpTexture; CBrush brushFill; bmpTexture.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP_TEXTURE_6); brushFill.CreatePatternBrush(&bmpTexture); CBrush* pOldBrush = pDC->SelectObject(&brushFill); //Use the texture brush to fill shapes pDC->Elli...

Print range
We have 2 - 8 1/2 x 11 sheets that we put on one worksheet as one page, but print as 2 pages. Is there a way to designate 2 print ranges at one time and print the entire worksheet at one time, as two pages? It is a wide financial document, with multiple columns that extends over more than one page in width. Currently, I set two different print ranges and print the sheet twice. Anything easier? Thanks. You could do your normal print setup one more time and this time Record a Macro while doing it.......then in the future just run the macro and it will do all the stuff for you automatically...