Why is mail merge not available?

I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are
not available.  How do I activate this feature?
0
MarkCJ (4)

What commands are unavailable? Can you open the wizard?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"MarkCJ" <MarkCJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are
> not available.  How do I activate this feature?

0
gsauer (5093)
12/9/2004 8:35:59 AM
In the Tools/Mail and Catalog Merge menu all the commands are grey except
Create Address List and Edit Address List

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What commands are unavailable? Can you open the wizard?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "MarkCJ" <MarkCJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are
> > not available.  How do I activate this feature?

0
MarkCJ (4)
12/9/2004 1:25:08 PM
Maybe a detect and repair? Do you have the Office 2003 service pack?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> In the Tools/Mail and Catalog Merge menu all the commands are grey except
> Create Address List and Edit Address List
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What commands are unavailable? Can you open the wizard?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "MarkCJ" <MarkCJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are
>> > not available.  How do I activate this feature?

0
gsauer (5093)
12/9/2004 10:13:15 PM
If you're talking about the Office Service Pack that installed automatically
when I ran the update, yes, I have installed that.

At your suggestion I ran update and repair.  I told it to set all settings
to the defaults, but not to update the shortcuts.

no change  :-(

mj

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Maybe a detect and repair? Do you have the Office 2003 service pack?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "MarkCJ" <MarkCJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In the Tools/Mail and Catalog Merge menu all the commands are grey except
> > Create Address List and Edit Address List
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What commands are unavailable? Can you open the wizard?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "MarkCJ" <MarkCJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MarkCJ (4)
12/10/2004 12:13:02 AM
Did you do a custom install? I don't know why the wizard would be dimmed unless you
didn't install the wizards.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> If you're talking about the Office Service Pack that installed automatically
> when I ran the update, yes, I have installed that.
>
> At your suggestion I ran update and repair.  I told it to set all settings
> to the defaults, but not to update the shortcuts.
>
> no change  :-(
>
> mj
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Maybe a detect and repair? Do you have the Office 2003 service pack?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "MarkCJ" <MarkCJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In the Tools/Mail and Catalog Merge menu all the commands are grey except
>> > Create Address List and Edit Address List

0
gsauer (5093)
12/10/2004 9:23:43 AM
I checked and all wizards are installed.

However, I also discovered that if I start a new publication, the mail merge
is available.  I copied my text into that publication and I can now mail
merge.

yeah!

thanks for all your help, Mary

mj

"MarkCJ" wrote:

> In the Tools/Mail and Catalog Merge menu all the commands are grey except
> Create Address List and Edit Address List
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > What commands are unavailable? Can you open the wizard?
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MS MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > "MarkCJ" <MarkCJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are
> > > not available.  How do I activate this feature?

0
MarkCJ (4)

Mailing List Duplicates
Is there a software program that works with excel to delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the thousands. Thanks for any and all help. Gordon habitated@gulftel.com one way? data>advanced filter, copy to another location and unique records only "Gordon" <habitated@gulftel.com> wrote in message news:032201c3796f$ab75f130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a software program that works with excel to > delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the > thousands. Thanks for any and all help. > > Gordon > habitated@gulftel.com ...

How can you attach an e-mail into an excel worksheet?
I want to attach an e-mail into an excel worksheet. The formula I have seen is =EMBED("Package","") But not sure how I can do it. Any ideas? Go to Insert - Object, From file. Navigate to the email you want to embed. Note the options who can choose to change icon or how it is links. You can then double-click on the object to access the email. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "humdul" wrote: > I want to attach an e-mail into an excel worksheet. The formula I have seen > is =EMBED(&qu...

How to delete e-mail "fill-in" feature in Outlook 2003
One feature of Outlook that I really like, is when I begin to type in an email address in the To: box, Outlook offers some choices based on previous emails. This works really great if ALL the emails are correct..how do I delete a misspelled email in this list? Thanks Jerry when it comes up, select the misspelled entry using the arrow key and press Del key. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.s...

Merging Contacts (3.0)
I did some extensive work with merging contacts yesterday and discovered something that I thought I'd throw on the table for discussion. When you merge two contacts, the suborniate contact ends up empty (no associated records) and is marked inactive. When you mark a contact inactive, you simply deactivate the record and leave the underlying data intact. When you examine contacts under an account, the resulting list shows Active and Inactive contacts. From this list you cannot differentiate Deactivated Contacts from Merged Contacts. Questions: 1. Why not delete merged contacts? Th...

AR Discounts Available being reversed in error with eConnect Apply
We're having a problem that's driving us nuts trying to figure out why it's happening. Here's the scenario: We are processing <taRMApply> transactions through eConnect to apply cash and/or credit memos against our open receivables. For those customers who have some sort of discounted terms (i.e., 1% 10th, Net 30), eConnect is generating reversals of the Discount Available amounts. This, despite the fact that we have the 'Track Discounts Available In GL' feature turned off in Setup. Any ideas why this would happen? What triggers this to occur - is there a ...

Browse e-mail address in Entourage style.
Dear Friends, I'm a PC user, I've seen many times when mac people created a new e-mail and type a few characters in the "to:" box, then a small box with a list of all e-mail addresses from their addressbook that begin with those few characters type appeared. I've check from many webpage and know that the Outlook 2002 (maybe 2003 too) will show something like this too, but only from the previously e-mails typed in the box not from the address book. (I've tested it already, it's good but not enough) I wonder if there's any add-on or some special setu...

Adding e-mail accounts #2
How do I add http://mortgagemailpro.com to my Outllook 2003 email list? That is a web site, not an email address. Tell us what you are trying to accomplish and someone can probably point you in the right direction. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jnight007 asked: | How do I add http://mortgagemailpro.com to my Outllook 2003 email | list? The email account is info@investmagic.com it is in the web account of ...

Outlook mail attachments
I have just switched to Outlook rather than outlook express and cannot get attachments to e-mails to show on an 'attachment' line in the header. They keep showing as icons in the document. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Switch to HTML or Plain Text format. Outlook Rich Text will place the icons in the body of the message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: sjanmcl <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I hav...

Attachments not appearing in mail from Outlook 2000
When sending from Outlook 2000 (under Windows XP Home Ed) my attachemnts do not appear in the recipient's received message. They DO appear in my Sent Items and I can open them! Help! (Not a file size problem - they're often tiny and I'm using full broadband). Does it still happen when you send in Plain Text format? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Rod Eckles" <eckles(remove this)@lineone.net> wrote in message news:41...

recovering mail from Recovery Storage Group
When I use the exchange tasks option from the Recovery Storage group, I can perform a merge or a copy of the mail to the existing mailbox. When I do a merge, it will return a folder that was deleted, but with only 10 messages. The rest do not show up. If I perform a copy, i can restore the entire mailbox. Folders that are restored contain all the messages. So the data is there, but why does the merge option not restore all the messages in a deleted folder? thanks ...

Problem on junk mail list for Outlook 2003
Dear All My outlook 2003 is connected to MS exchange 2003 server, In past, I will add some email address to junk e-mail list using web browser, but now I cannot add in junk e-mail list use web browser now, it show "Unable to add the list, The maximum size for the list is 1024 entries" or " A error occured procured your Junk mail lists, You are over the size limited on the server". But If I add the email address to junk e-mail list using MS outlook 2003, the list can can update to web-base now, How can I solve this problem Rgds Alan OWA supports fewer than Outloo...

merge to creat worksheets
I have a workbook that contains two worksheets. Worksheet 1 has a list of names and various other pieces of information (related to the name, in the same row, just different columns) Worksheet 2 is a template of a form. What I need to do is to create separate worksheets (in the same book) based on the template in sheet 2 for everyone on the list in sheet 1. Is this possible? If so can you provide directions? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm#all -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Glenn wrote: > I have a workbook that contains two worksheets. > > Wor...

Access mailing lables
Hear is the problem. I have a excel spreadsheet with 2165 records (firstname, lastname, address, etc). I need to reduce the mailing list to one mailing per household, so therefore I need to merge firstname when the last name is the same and the street address is the same. I will import to access to run the mailing label report but I am new to access (ultimate 2007) and need help. Please be gentle. You do know that you can use mailing labels with Word accessing data from Excel dont you? "CHUCK" <liferules04@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194469068.867446.222700@57g2000hs...

Qty sold/Qty available
is there a report to get both qty sold and qty available on one report??? CT, Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the report, Show/Hide Columns) -- Jeff Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ===================================================== When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ===================================================== "CT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26eb601c4638f$063fe3a0$a601280a@phx.gbl......

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Thursday, October 7, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 154 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that no FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005. Money 2005 requires changes to many of the existing FAQ answers--it lots of cases for nothing particularly important but just for things like docume...

Turning off Junk Mail Filter
I use a 3rd party Mail Client to search Span but alot of my mail keeps gettinig put in the Junk Mail folder. Is it possible to turn off the Junk Mail. I have no addresses int he address list for Junk mail so not sure why it is catching 90% of my amil now. Please help I've actually done this and just about all mail goes directly into the Junk folder. I'm getting my mail from my domain server (remote) and sending via my DSL accout outgoing. I can send email to myself from work and it goes directly into the Junk folder. As if the Junk folder is seen as my default inbox! I&...

E-mail deleted after reading
After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automaticly deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to and they are not in any other folder. Any idea on how to resolve this? While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Change: Hide Read Messages to Show All Messages. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174077FA-5BD7-4140-A2C0-EF91A1E60342@microsoft.com... > After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automa...

no notice in Inbox of new mail.
Hello, I am new to Outlook 2010 and am still learning it's little nuances but I am trying to figure out why I don't get a numeric indication of new mail in some of my email accounts? Only the default mail account. I have 4 email accounts. I have my default account of course and everything is fine when receiving an email to that account. I get a sound and then a numeric indicator showing how many new messages there are. I have all of the mail accounts Inboxes in my Favorites column as well as below, but only the main default account shows a new mail indicator and the quanti...

Outlook Express Crashes when receiving incoming mail
I have Windows XP Media Center Edition. I am able to send email messages with Outlook Express, but the program crashes every time I log on and incoming messages are downloaded. I keep getting the same old 7 messages downloaded as new and then the crash notice appears: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'getmail.henline.com', Server: 'getmail.henline.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 563 octets follow.', Port: 11...

Exchange Mail Forwarding And Out Of Office
Hi, I currently have a user who has set their out of office and I need to ammend their message. I know I can change the users password, log on to their account and change the out of office reply, but is there another way without having to do this? Also, I need to forward this users messages on to another member of AD. I have tried setting the user to forward on to in the Delivery options properties box and checked the "Deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox " but nothing comes through to the other AD users inbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Than...

Yahoo mail doesn't connect with Outlook Express
I've got a paid account with Yahoo, and they swear up and down that they'll work with POP programs like Outlook. My newsgroups work fine (obviously), but every time I try to get outlook to access my email, I get an error message that the server connection was unexpectedly terminated. I tried SBC helpdesk, followed their instructions to the T, with no luck. Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions? Thanks Are you using a firewall that scans email? Antivirus software scanning email? If so, disable the email scanner portion. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, T...

Outlook Mail notification
Back in the day when I used Netscape 4.0. I used to be able to configure the Netscape email program to notify me with a taskbar icon (and sound) anytime a new email came in, regardless of whether I had the email program running or not. I am currently using Outlook 2002 (Office XP) as my email program. I am able to configure Outlook to notify me when a new email comes in, but apparently it only works when Outlook is running. Does anyone know if there is a way for it to send an mail notification icon when Outlook isn't running. I am on a cable modem so I am always connected, and Ou...

E-mail report
I need to generate a report that will show me e-mail messages from and to a mailbox for a particular time period. Your help is greatly appreciated. You can use Exchange Message Tracking to get this info. Alternatively, look at 3rd party reporting tools like Promodag or Quest MessageStats. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Anna Dragan" <AnnaDragan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29EF2274-F0A1-4034-AD48-0BBE8D5B3A16@microsoft.com... >I need to ...

error 550 can't send e-mail
I have outlook express 6 and I can't send a e-mail because I receive a error 550 and OX800CCC79 You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. You can set that up on the "Outgoing Server" tab of your account dialog. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034d01c3cff3$1b888440$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have outlook express 6 and I can't send a e-mail because > I receive a error 550 and OX800CCC79 ...

ANN: HTTPMP
We have noticed most of our product users have problems with product configuration. In order to assist out potential customers properly configure and use our product we have updated HTTPMP documentation http://www.sos-crew.com/httpmp/readme.shtml?microsoft.public.outlook. Also optional evaluation registration is avaiable http://www.sos-crew.com/register.shtml. Registration information is not distributed in any way and used only to contact our customers by our support team. All customers provided valid registration information receive discount coupon code by e-mail. HTTPMP is MAPI transpor...