Why is it that the photos I insert are Embedded?

I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my photo.
Now when I perform the same action I can resize my photo but but I cannot see
it!?  The Graphics Manager Task pane show all my inserts (photos & clip art
alike) are embedded.  I do not want them embedded. How can I stop them from
being embedded?....I don't know why this is happening, it never used
to...could some update have caused this?  I use Publisher 3003.  THANKS FOR
ANY HELP IN THIS MATTER!
0
TeresaK (2)

Teresa K wrote:
> I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my photo.
> Now when I perform the same action I can resize my photo but but I cannot see
> it!?  The Graphics Manager Task pane show all my inserts (photos & clip art
> alike) are embedded.  I do not want them embedded.

Yes, you do. Otherwise when you send the file to another computer, the
graphics will not appear. The "embedding" is not the issue; even if the
graphics displayed perfectly, Graphics Manager would tell you that they
were embedded.

> could some update have caused this?

If I was forced to guess, I'd say that you've recently installed Adobe
Acrobat.

Have a read of the FAQ page at
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

I have lowered my Hardware Accerlation slider down 3 notches as suggested,
(In my "display properties") and I can now view my photos in Publisher, but
I'm uncertain what else could now be at risk from my change!? - Teresa

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Teresa K wrote:
> > I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my photo.
> > Now when I perform the same action I can resize my photo but but I cannot see
> > it!?  The Graphics Manager Task pane show all my inserts (photos & clip art
> > alike) are embedded.  I do not want them embedded.
>
> Yes, you do. Otherwise when you send the file to another computer, the
> graphics will not appear. The "embedding" is not the issue; even if the
> graphics displayed perfectly, Graphics Manager would tell you that they
> were embedded.
>
> > could some update have caused this?
>
> If I was forced to guess, I'd say that you've recently installed Adobe
> Acrobat.
>
> Have a read of the FAQ page at
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
TeresaK (2)
11/14/2007 8:09:02 PM
Teresa K wrote:
> I have lowered my Hardware Accerlation slider down 3 notches as suggested,
> (In my "display properties") and I can now view my photos in Publisher, but
> I'm uncertain what else could now be at risk from my change!? - Teresa

Any applications that use 3D rendering (especially games and 3D screen
savers) will be the main victims. Read the large text in red; it saves
me rewriting it in this message.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)

photo
hi, i want to display a detail text over my picture in publisher when the mouse is roll over it. can anyone help me? -- MCP JOJO There is no built-in way of doing this. You can, and should add the ALT tag to each picture, but that will not show with a mouseover. It is there for text readers. You can get the tool tips to work using javascript. Google "javascript tooltips" and try some of that code. Use the insert html code fragment feature. If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.c...

How do I insert a partial filename?
I am inserting a filename to my footer; however the file path is very long and I wanted to condense the file name by only showing the last 2-3 "folder tiers". Any ideas? A, Using code is the only way I know to do it. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA '-------------------------- Sub FillInFooter() Dim strPath As String Dim strFooter As String 'Number of folders to display in footer. Const lngNUMBER As Long = 2 strPath = ActiveWorkbook.FullName 'Call the function that parses the file path. strFooter = ShowPartOfPath(strPath, lngNUMBER) 'Add path to the righ...

Insert Columns Diabled!!!!
Howdy All, Can somebody help me with this. On any workbook that I open the "Insert-Columns" menu item is disabled. This also effects the right click context menu as well. I have even opened excel with the standard workbook with 3 worksheets in it and its still disabled. Thanks dbl As I pressed the post button I realized that I had not included what version of Excel. This is Excel 2003. Thanks dbl DBLWizard wrote: > Howdy All, > > Can somebody help me with this. On any workbook that I open the > "Insert-Columns" menu item is disabled. This also eff...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I cannot insert rows or columns. It says something like can't shift data off of page. Any ideas? On 7/8/08 10:47 PM, in article 59b539bd.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com" <Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I > cannot...

inserting text
I have a sheet that lists the sales tax of different cities. I want to be able to inport the specific rate into a cell on another sheet so that it states Sales Tax (7.0%) Is there any way that I can link the percentage to the other sheet so that I don't have to change it when I change the city in an above cell. Thanks for any help Yes! Check out the VLOOKUP() function in Help. Although it'd be more helpful if you were more specific, how about a vlookup combined with a concatenation. This will take a little setup. For this suggestion you'll have to have the workbook wi...

Columns Compare and Row Insertion Alignment #2
I have trying to find a macro routine that will compare two columns in a sheet and perform row insertions on the left or right column based on compare being lower or higher. the compare should work on text as well as numbers. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks, Greg EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx ...

How can I email my photos including captions from Windows photo
How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. Open your photos in Paint or a similar program, use the text tool. Save. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce1950" <Bruce1950@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80567ADA-54A0-40CF-B22C-B0AA944AAB7D@microsoft.com... > How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? > > When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. ...

How do i insert a Address Bar kind of drop down list within MS Exc
Hi, I wonderr if anyone can tell me if i am able to insert into an excel spreadsheet an address bar drop down list (like in windows explorer) to view and select the necessary drives, and make this particular cekk work like a pointer to changing the default path of where my macro searches for a specific file. Thanks AT the end is some code that will browse and reset the folder, and use this code to add a button to your standard toolbar Dim oCtl As Object With Application.CommandBars("Standard") Set oCtl = .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) oCtl.Caption =...

Insert Query skipping duplicate values
I have two tables -Individuals -Participation Participation table has two fields IndividualID - related to the Individual table ParticipationCode it's a one to many relationship where the participation table has a complex/dual primary key (the ID and the Code) I need to run an insert query that will insert a participation code for an individual ONLY if they do not have that code already (because of the complex/dual key) any ideas? Thanks in advance. Chris Well, if you have made the primary key those two fields, then you won't be able to add any existing combination - you wil...

Insert and Copy Data to new Workbook Row
I need to insert a new row into a workbook where a character in Column "A" = "D" and then copy the row which is two rows above into the new inserted row. I can insert the row ok with the following code; Sub Add_Rows() Dim lastrow As Long, i As Long lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For i = lastrow To 2 Step -1 If Cells(i, 1) = "D" Then Rows(i).Insert End If Next End Sub but what I can't do is copy the cells in 2 rows above this newly inserted row? .. I have been searching and reading n...

Scan for combo then insert row
I have a worksheet sorted by Columns D, E, and G. I am trying to create a macro that, starting in row 3, will scan every row in Columns D, E, and G for the following combination Column D = Sale Column E = Purchaser Column G = Solution When I find the last record of this combination (Column D/Sale), (Column E/Purchaser), (Column G/Solution) I would like to insert a row below the last combination. Can you help me? Try the following. Sub ScanCombinations() Dim i As Long Dim lngRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet1") lngRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "D") ...

photos

photo in frame
when I have created an ovale frame, can I insert a photo in this frame so it just fits into the ovale and not get out of the frame? -- coku What version Publisher? Draw an oval with the autoshapes, select the oval, fill, fill effects, picture tab. In Publisher 2000, insert, picture, new drawing, it will be the same as above. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "coku" <coku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0052F18-EA89-4313-B489-E2BFAF62BC3A@microsoft.com... > when I have created a...

Insert Contact Name and E-mail address into Subject When Creating A Phone Call
Hi guys, I am looking to insert the name of the sender\contact and e-mail address into the phone call subject line. I have figured out how to get the name of the sender inserted into the subject line but cannot figure out how to get the e-mail address in there. The code I used is below. Can anyone outline what code I need to use to get at the e-mail address, maybe it's not actually possible? Cheers, Mark var lookupItem = new Array(); //Get the lookup for the from attribute on the phone call form, this is the person calling lookupItem = crmForm.all.from.DataValue; //Set the current sub...

Photo magic
Hi, I am now using Vista, however the program I use to manage my photos [ photo magic] won't email my photos. I can select the photos, resize etc., and when I click to send I get a message saying the user has cancelled the email, can anybody help please. -- Doug ...

Inserting a Lotus Notes Doc Link into a Powerpoint presentation?
Is it possible to add a Lotus Notes Doc Link into a Powerpoint presentation as a hyperlink? I have Lotus Notes team rooms where we store files. I also have a presentation that goes over where all the documents are located and I want to hyperlink to the documents in the Lotus Notes team rooms. ...

Insert random number only if cell empty
Hello. I'd like my spreadsheet to place a 7 digit random number into a cell only the cell is empty, otherwise leave the contents as is. I simply don't want the number to change if one is already present. I currently keep the number static by pressing F9 when I enter the RAND formula, but that forces me to manually change the number when I save the spreadsheet to another name. I'd like the spreadsheet to automatically calculate a new number in the cell as soon as I erase the previous number in that cell. Any help on this issue will be appreciated. Thanks. "M.L.&qu...

How do I insert the date the file was saved in the MS Excel foote.
I am trying to display the date the file was last saved in the footer field. the defualt date code displays the date the file was printed. I would appreciate any help with this. Hi kacate Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Saved -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "kacate" <kacate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F65885A-DC2D-4515-A0D2-5E39B7905FCF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to display the date the file was last saved in the footer field. > the defualt date code displays the date the file was printed. I would > apprec...

best hot photos
HOT HEROINES PHOTOS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/ SEXY SNEHA http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/sneha-hot.html KOUSHA HOT EXPOSING http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/sexy-kousha.html PRIYAMANI IN HOT BIKINI http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/priyamani-hot.html MADHUSHALINI IN HOT DRESS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-post_2972.html HOTTEST LIPKISS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/lipkiss-2.html NAMITHA IN BATH http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/nayagarala-namitha.html ...

After Sending Email Cannot See Embedded Images (Outlook 2003)
Ok...this started happening only recently, and i can't pinpoint why. Am using Outlook 2003. Firstly: When someone sends me an email with an embedded image "I can" see it, no problem. I can create an email with an embedded image, no problem. The recipients can see the images, no problem. I usually copy myself on these emails, no problem. Here's my dilemma: Problem is when I open the email i just sent, i cannot see the embedded image. All i see is an "X". Temporary Solution: Under the "Mail Format" tab in Outlook I have the following settings for: - C...

loaded nero7.now if open photo in email nero takes over no photo
have loaded nero 7 and since then when i get email and click on a photo nero snap phto opens and no photo shows it seems to take taken over as default manager for photos and i dont know how to stop it..remaoving the nero 7 programme did not help ken wrote: > have loaded nero 7 and since then when i get email and click on a > photo nero snap phto opens and no photo shows it seems to take taken > over as default manager for photos and i dont know how to stop > it..remaoving the nero 7 programme did not help Right click on a photo and select "open with" then select the...

Clips & photos printing in upper lefthand corner of document
I am having trouble with some of my print jobs and Publisher 2002. I place my clips and photos where I want them in my document, but when I print the job sometimes some of the clips and photos are misplaced up into the upper lefthand corner of my document. Can anyone help me with this problem, please? It's driving me nuts! Thanks, debbio Might update your printer driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "debbio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:171d01c4ad4c$a5cc83...

Insert file as a hyperlink
In Outlook 2002 and 2003, Outlook replaces the feature "Insert shortcut" as "Insert as a hyperlink" which I believe it is a good move. My question is, why Outlook still restricts this feature to be available only in Rich Text Format? Any way to allow both Plain Text and HTML Text? Please also cc to my email. Thx. ...

insert an Excel spreadsheet as an appendix in a Word Document
I am creating a Word Document, in which, I need to insert an Excel spreadsheet with calulations on it into the Word Document. How do I do that? I have Word and Excel 2003. Ginni;957090 Wrote: > I am creating a Word Document, in which, I need to insert an Excel > spreadsheet with calulations on it into the Word Document. How do I do > that? > I have Word and Excel 2003. there are options available, choose best bit option for you. http://tinyurl.com/2uug89p all the best -- bala_vb ...

Powerpoint photo album template for engaged couple's kid pix?
I'm looking for a template that I can use to create a slide show of my daughter and her fiance's pix growing up. I'd like to be able to add music in the background also. I've seen various photo album templates but none that seemed appropriate. I need some creative ideas for putting this together to be shown at a wedding rehearsal dinner. Any ideas would be appreciated. ...