Why is colour printouts not same colour as in word?

When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to
Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What could be
the problem?
0
DvdM (1)

Try importing the image rather than copy/paste.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"DvdM" <DvdM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to
> Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What could be
> the problem?

0
gsauer (5094)

Word 2007
I would like to use the "Health Stylish Design" newsletter template provided with Word. Is there a way to change the border and background colors? Thank you in advance for any assistance! Thing One wrote: > I would like to use the "Health Stylish Design" newsletter template > provided with Word. Is there a way to change the border and > background colors? Thank you in advance for any assistance! Unfortunately, that newsletter design is an excellent example of how NOT to create a Word template. The colored areas at the top and bottom of each page,...

Message colour ?
Hi All Someone recently sent me a email that shows up red in my message window ( I don't use the preview pane ). I don't have any message rules that would change the colour of that message or anything like that and the priority of the message is normal. Anybody have any ideas as to how this is done ? OL 2002. Cas It's done with the default automatic formatting rules -- View | Current View | Customize Current View | Automatic Formatting -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Colour Rows in Datasheet based on three criteria
I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour rows in a datasheet (or continuous form) based on 3 criteria. Scenario is I have a series of jobs that can be either unassigned, assigned and finally "assigned and completed". I would like all rows that are "unassigned" to be one colour; all assigned jobs to be another colour and the final section to be a further different colour. thanking you in anticipation PMK On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:05:01 -0800, PMK <PMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour r...

Missing Rows and Columns Pasting into Word from Excel
I posted this question earlier, but no one responded. I've tried to reword to clarify this time. When I Paste Special and select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) of a large set of cells from Excel (2007 12.0.6514.5000 SP2) into Word (2007 12.0.6504.5000 SP2), instead of pasting the entire copied range, the rows and columns that would fall off the page when I paste are actually missing. In other words, even if I shrink the picture by grabbing the little square handles and dragging it down, so it only takes up half the page, the missing rows and columns are still missing. They...

Word electronic mail merge trips virus alert
When doing an electronic mail merge in Word, MS Outlook warns: "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose No" Choosing Yes begins the merge, then the merge freezes. How can get the merge to work? Using MS Outlook 2k, Word 2k and Excel 2k, running Windows 2k pro. Thanks, Mark Flynn I have "Web Info" I'm working on a solution vie: KB article: q224053 I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks, Mark Flynn "Mark Flynn" <flynn@NoSpam.uci.net&...

Outlook 2007 hangs when opening word docs
Dear All, About 1 out of every 5 times when I open a Word Doc that I receive as an email attachment, my Outlook hangs, goes through a forced close, then reopens. Any ideas? Thank you- asf66 ...

Unable to open embedded word document from Excel
Hi, I have Excel 2003 (SP3) installed on my computer. In an Excel file, I inserted a word object (created from file, display as icon) and the insertion worked fine. When I try to open my word document from Excel, nothing happens. No error message and the file doesn't open. It is like if my file icon is simply a draw. When I open the same Excel file with another computer(Excel 2003), I can open my word embedded object easily. In fact, I can insert Excel or txt object in Word document without any problem but everything I insert in Excel doesn't work (word, txt, et...

Colour changes
Greetings from Downunder One of my colleagues sent me this, something of a puzzle. She is using XP and Office 2003:- In My Documents I have a folder of PPTs of hymns and songs that we use in church. I file any new songs here making sure that they are a golden yellow text on a very dark blue background. This is the way it has been for about 4-5 years. This morning I went to use some of them in the presentation for this coming Sunday - and would you believe they are now ALL pale yellow on a black background. Every last one of them - and each song is is a separate PPT file. ...

.docx Not Associated With Word 2007
I recently had a staff member claim they were having issue downloading any ..docx file sent as an attachment. I went over to take look at the PC (XP Pro, SP3) in question and sure enough the file looked like an HTML file (with the small blue e). I right clicked and chose properties and instead of reading as a type of file Microsoft Office Word Document it read as eventinf.planner. It was not set to open with Word. I clicked change and tried to to change it, no luck. I went to My Computer - Tools - Folder Options - File Types, it was listed but grayed out. I finally ran the...

Pass control name to Word
Access 2003, XP I am on a subform that opens a document in MS Word and renames it. When Word is closing, I want to save the text that was entered in Word into a memo field in Access. I don't know how to pass the control name to MS Word and then save the text to that control. I don't want to use the mainform name so that the subform can be used in multiple main forms. ***Here's the control: frmMain!fsubPub1.Form!txtPub1 ***Here's the code on the command button on the subform: Private Sub cmdOpenPub1_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdOpenPub1_Click ...

can i match a colour to its wavelength in nm
I have no clue what nm means? http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "aquakem" <aquakem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5542A16-0420-47AC-A1F1-F7C4E6A11B80@microsoft.com... > Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have no clue what nm means? Nanometres. > http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html Won't do it. http://members.cox.net/astro7/color.html claims to have a FORTRAN program that will do it....

Translating in Word 2003
I am new to Word 2003 and while getting familiar with the progam I discoved the research area under the Tools menue. I saw translation and tried it and was able to translate a document from English to Russian. Today I tried to use it and was not able to translate a simple document. The research panel showed up and the English to Russian was there but no link to cause the translation to happen. Any ideas? This is a Macintosh NG and Word 2003 is a PC program. Try another newsgroup, possibly microsoft.public.word.internationalfeatures. Any easy reason could be that the first time you we...

How to delete all bookmarks when using Word 2007?
I need to be able to quickly delete *all* bookmarks that might exist in a document. This is part of our procedure in cleaning up files we received from a number of different authors. We have just upgraded to Word 2007 from Word 2000. In Word 2000, I was able to use the macro found under Method 1 at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184041 I can't seem to find a similar article for Word 2007. I *have* found "Add or delete bookmarks at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP012265321033.aspx But this is a one-bookmark-at-a-time approach that I would *really* li...

Why is colour printouts not same colour as in word?
When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What could be the problem? Try importing the image rather than copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DvdM" <DvdM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E59B7744-C2FA-4A06-9778-96690CFFFE86@microsoft.com... > When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to > Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What co...

Partial word search in Outlook 2003
For some reason we can not do partial word searches in Outlook 2003. If I'm looking for the word Google and I search for 'oogle', it does not find it. However, if I look for the word 'Goo', it will find it. It only finds the word if the first part is correct. It can' find it if our search criteria is in the middle of the word or number. This used to work but now it does not. Any ideas what might be wrong. Thanks, Jasper "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23r3zPiUNKHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > For some reaso...

Change bkgnd colour for some words in CRichEditCtrl?
I'd like to be able to change the background colour for some of the text in a CRichEditCtrl. I'm comparing two files side-by-side in these controls and need to be able to highlight some text to illustrate the results. I could just change the text colour and make the font bold and/or larger, but highlighting similar to when text is selected would stand out better, especially if I could also change the text colour to suit. Is this possible? (I've seen it in some programs, but don't know if a CRichEditCtrl was used.) Any help appreciated, Steve C. ...

Is it true? Word Merge
Is it true that you cannot do a simple merge document directly from MS CRM??? The video I found indicated that you needed to export to excel and then merge with Word? I need the ability to have single letters that can be easily merged with a single contact by end users. I would have thought this would be a base functionality for any CRM but it appears this is not the case. Is there a way to do this? I am loving everything else I am seeing about MSCRM but this is a fundemental requirement and may be a show stopper for us. Could someone please comment. I find it hard to believe t...

Removing Border lines and colour for All sheets
Hi Everyone, is it possible to write a macro to run every sheet and just remove border lines and colours for all cells in a sheet for every sheets in a workbook? I know macro is like this but can't really think how I can loop this. Can anyone help? Thanks alot Cells.Select Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borde...

colour recognition
hi guys, i may be chasing the impossible here, but here we go anyway. ive got cells in my spreadsheet formatted so that they change colour depending on what value is input. basically, i want to know if its possible for excel to recognise how many cells of a certain colour i have and then display the results numerically. is this possible? yet again, your really helping me out and it would be greatly appreciated. If you're using Format|conditional formatting to color those cells, then I think it would be easiest to just duplicate those rules in helper cells and then use those helper cel...

How do I use double spacing between words instead of one space?
I am doing an assignment and I need to type my work with double spacing between words instead of a single space. How do I adjust the spacing between words On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:42:01 -0700, Chiara14 <Chiara14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am doing an assignment and I need to type my work with double spacing >between words instead of a single space. How do I adjust the spacing between >words You don't -- not in Word. When you're all done typing, you could use the Replace dialog to replace one space character with two space characters, and clic...

editing word doc on a server
I have office 2003 on my laptop. I have documents on a citrix server and because office is not on the server I can not edit them. Any way to do this? Sharepoint maybe? I'm not a server guru (nor do I play on on TV) but I don't think that has anything to do with it. What happens when you try to edit those files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "edit doc on citrix server no office?" <edit doc on citrix server no office?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1...

MS Word 2003
I have been using MS Word for my work for many years. All of a sudden my space bar started deleting the next letter instead of making a space when adding a word into a sentence. How do I stop it or change it? -- Smitty Hit the Insert key on your keyboard one time. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "OSmitty01" <OSmitty01@ Yahoo .com> wrote in message news:84989B9C-6FE3-4718-9A07-558381E9DF99@microsoft.com... >I have been using MS Word for my work for many years. All of a sudden ...

Using Word XP as editor in Outlook 2003
My Outlook 2003 will not allow me to use Word XP as my default email editor (the option is greyed out). I tried using different email formats (HTML, rich text, plain text), but the option is not available. Any suggestions? You need to keep the pair in the same Office "family" to make it work. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Dan wrote: > My Outlook 2003 will not allow me to use Word XP as my > default email editor (the option is greyed out). I tried > using different email formats (HTML, rich text, plain > text), but the option is not availabl...

Question about Word/Works
Is the Word in Microsoft Works Windows 7 the same as Word 2002, though slightly updated? Why does the interface look so different? It almost resembles more of a cartoon of Word 2002. There's a flatness to its appearance, and I don't like the flap off to the right. I want everything in a streamlined window as in Word 2002. Wrong Group! This group is about Word for the Macintosh... However, I suspect what you are seeing is "Word 2007". Microsoft Works usually contains the current version of Word, in this case, 2007. In which case: Welcome to the new worl...

Code to change label colour
I want a label control of a tickbox on a form to change colour if it is checked, assuming the checked value is YES. I've tried this code but it doesn't work Private Sub txtwithdrawn_AfterUpdate() If Me.txtwithdrawn Is Yes Then Me.txtwithdrawn_Label.ForeColor = 255 End If End Sub Can anyone help me here. Thanks Tony Sorry for posting too swiftly, realised that checked value should be = True and it worked. Thanks Tony "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eKob1EoYIHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want a label control of a tickbox on a form t...