Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?

We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered
into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the
same value entered in the Work field.  This happens to multiple resources,
but only on some of their tasks and not on others.  For example, for the
weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell
in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual"
cell.

The tasks are setup up differently.   Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed
Duration.  I believe all have the effort driven check box checked.  Why is
actual work in the future being automatically entered?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
0
Garvey (2)

You've ended up in the wrong newsgroup, this is Publisher.
You need to go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.project&cat=en_US_95886790-2ec5-4bce-97df-a9fdf38638cc&lang=en&cr=US

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Tim Garvey" <Tim Garvey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered
> into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the
> same value entered in the Work field.  This happens to multiple resources,
> but only on some of their tasks and not on others.  For example, for the
> weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell
> in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual"
> cell.
>
> The tasks are setup up differently.   Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed
> Duration.  I believe all have the effort driven check box checked.  Why is
> actual work in the future being automatically entered?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Citibank Not working
When I try and add account on MoneyCentral I get: Add Accounts Technical problems prevented us from adding your accounts at this time. Please try again later. This is going on for a week now. ...

Listing all Fields
OK here is the problem. I have a table that has Key Table: KeyID KeyDescription Key Location Personnel Table: KeyID LastName FirstName I am trying to create a report that lists all keys and under that any personnel that have the key. Now I tried to create a simple report but every time I try to list "all" the keys, it only list them if there is are personnel related to that key. I want all keys listed even if there are no personnel connected to that key. HELP! BTW, I am a newbie and using the wizards are my main way of creating things. I can drag and drop controls on to fo...

It's about time again
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C4A811.955E4470 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I am keeping track of time I work at home. The first formula in cells = E2 through E17 gives me the total hours I worked after entering starting = time and ending time. The second formula calculates the totals from the = E column. A problem arises when the sum is more than 24, if it's 27 = hours, the answer is 3 instead of 27. What can I use so the sum of my = hours just get totaled? Thanks...

Other functions don't work now. Help
Arvi; I tried what you have below and now I am getting a "#VALUE" in colums A & B. Steve > "Arvi Laanemets" <garbage@hot.ee> wrote in message > news:uBPRixxsDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hi > > > > > > > =IF(OR(G1="",ISERROR(SEARCH("risking",$G1))),"",VALUE(MID(G1,SEARCH("risking > > ",$G1)+8,SEARCH("to win",$G1)-SEARCH("risking",$G1)-8))) > > =VALUE(LEFT(K1,FIND(" ",K1))) > > =IF(G1="","",VALUE(MID(G1,SEARCH("...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: Alternative method to use Entourage and Time Machine
Previously, I explained how to "Time Machine" your Identity that could be used by both Tiger and Leopard users. See this alternative method that was suggested by one of the commenters to easily add your Identity to your Time Machine backup without the hourly/daily additions. This is Leopard only. Alternative method to use Entourage and Time Machine (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/alternative_method_to_use_entourage_ and_time_machine.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.ent...

ThisWorkbook.Path not working?
any ideas why when i call "thisworkbook.path" nothing is returned? like it's null - not even being assigned... thanks! Has the workbook been saved? roadie.girl@gmail.com wrote: > > any ideas why when i call "thisworkbook.path" nothing is returned? > like it's null - not even being assigned... > > thanks! -- Dave Peterson ...

Schema fields
We were creating some custom schema fields in the Contact Schema. We had enetered several of them when we started getting this error: "An error occurred during the addition of the new field. Thje addition failed. For more information see the Event Log." The Event Log says: "dmLog: new size of the attribute[{...long number}] exceeds the SQL server row limit of 8000 bytes." What needs to be changed, or have I reached some limitation? Also, Apparently you can't delete a custom schema field. True? Is there any way to get rid of it, or change the row limit so we ca...

How does the TRANSPOSE command work?
For the life of me, i can't figure it out. I've tried highlighting, not highlighting, i'm just stupid. if a1:c1 = 1,2,3 and i want a2, a3, a4 = 1, 2, 3, step by step (including highlighting because I can't get it to work), how would you use the transpose command? I know...SIMPLE question, but I can't get it to work for the life of me!!! Hi AJ easiest option highlight A1:C1 copy click on A2 choose edit / paste special tick the transpose box press OK if you REALLY want to use the transpose function (and this is one of the first things i learnt from this ng!) then c...

Help Regarding an update query
Hi, iam trying to run an update query. the situation is as follows, i have linked excel sheets in my table. so i am using the update query to update all the records that i have them in my access tables. i tried this before many times and i was successful in doing that. But in some tables, it gave me an error message "Type mismatch in expression". i checked each and every field in my access table and in the excel sheets and they are all with the correct format. any help?? any ideas? On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:47:16 -0700, Samer <samoora44@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, iam trying to r...

Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source. I imported the data using the ODBC driver. However, the problem is that once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are lost and old data is restores from the Data source. However, I can edit data in the Microsoft query. Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL? Any links will help With Rgds, ...

Form Field/Function problem
I have 4 fields on my main form. The 4th field is controlled by a function. The function automatically adds the scores from the other 3 fields and puts the total score in the 4th field. All of that works great. The problem I'm having is that I need the color on that 4th field to change if any of the other 3 fields are below 60 points. I've tried adding some code that would change the color, under the 'After Update' and 'After Change' property field and I can't get it to work at all. Thank you in advance for any help! Place a procedure like this air co...

Budget and Actual Income
I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe. How can I figure out what amounts money is using to calculate my Actual Income on the Budget Summary Screen? It would be nice to drill down on the amount and see what is include. The reason I'm asking is because the amount is not what I think it should be base on 2 paychecks and X money in cash we receive in rent this month so far. The actual value is actually hundreds of dollars more and I'm trying to figure out why. "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:11g1hosr69g7b26@corp.supernews.com... > I'm us...

Create rule only works once
In outlook 2003, some email I want gets automatically place in the deleted file. I create a rule for the sender to place it in the inbox. The next time the mail goes to the inbox, but then it reverts to the deleted file and I have to repeat the create rule. This goes on and on. Is there a way to make create a rule permanent? ...

'memo' field
In Money 2002, what do I need to do so what I type in the 'memo' field can be remembered? (reappeared when I select the same payee the next time?) ...

InterruptMask...how it works ?
Hello, I'm working with Windows CE 5.0 and I have the following problem. Inside a touch driver, I call InterruptMask(TRUE) to mask the touch IRQ in some conditions. If I touch on the screen when the IRQ is masked all works fine (the touch doesn't responding) but when I call InterruptMask(FALSE) to unmask the touch IRQ, all the IRQ generated previously are sent. Why ?? Does the InterruptMask work fine ?? Thanks, Paolo paolo patierno wrote: > Hello, > I'm working with Windows CE 5.0 and I have the following problem. > Inside a touch driver, I call Interru...

Outlook 2007 Rules work and then get forgotten?
I have reset my rules and alerts more than once but still they work for 3 days and then they seem to be forgotten. I then get the "rule (1)", get a duplicate email and start all over again, and reset - deleting all my rules & alerts. How can fix this problem? -- Living large in So Cal "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03094AAB-C5FF-4AF4-9951-DD5628E8FE20@microsoft.com... > I then get the "rule (1)", What does this mean? What type of account are you using? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Using Findfirst recordset to search memo field type
Can anyone enlighten me on why this won't work? I'm using findfirst to search for a call phrase in a memo field, phrases listed in the callphrases table. It worked once!! and then stopped...any help is appreciated, using Access 2007 Dim db As Database, strsql As String, rst As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("tblcallphrases", dbOpenDynaset) 'strsql = "[CallPhrase]='" & ([Forms]![frmConcernlog]![tblevents subform].[Form]![eInvestigation]) & "'" rst.MoveFirst rst.FindFirst strsql If rst.NoMatch Then ...

archiving from Outlook Express does not work
I have been successful in getting all of my folders and messages from Outlook express v6 to Outlook 2002. The problem is that archiving does not work on the imported messages. Outlook just does not seem to recognize them as messages to be archived. Anybody else see this? Is there a work around? Thanks!! Export from OE to keep the received dates. Outlook operates on modified dates, so your newly added items have a date as of today. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail ...

distribution of work
how do i allocate a job to different people, lets say I have 259 phone nos. to be distributed to 10 people how do i format this as every day the no. of phone nos keep changing and the no. of employees keep varying if one of the employees is on an off. please help me understand this Dude you are asking a wrong question in this group. I group is realated to only excel charts(Graphs) ...

GoDaddy cert stuffed up SBS 2003 site (w' ISA), OWA, OMA etc not working...
I've installed a new GoDaddy SSL turbo cert on a domain - as my undertanding is that Outlook HTTP over RPC will not work in an SBS 2003 R2 Premium environment with ISA installed, with the self-generated cert (which, BTW, has been working fine so far - but not for Outlook HTTP over RPC). So I've made put the cert on the server, transferred it to the default website, deleted the old temp site I used to generate the CSR and bring the cert in etc. All good, but now little is working.... The domain and cert is generated for adrock.com - so ... http://adrock.com/excha...

Time Zone
What formula I can use to make the changes of hour between cities or continents? What formula I can use to make the changes of hour between cities or continents? -- HR157 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HR157's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544337 =A1+(1/24*3) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "HR157" wrote: > > What formula I can use to make the changes of hour between cities or > continents? > > Wh...

12.0.1 Does not show up in auto-updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have seen this on each of the nearly 20 machine's I've tried this on (different companies). When I click the "check for updates" in Word, it always says "There are no updates available at this time". Each time I have had to come to this site to download the 12.0.1 update and install in manually. What is wrong with the updater application? It hasn't caught this update ONCE yet on any of the machines I have tested. Again, different machines, different offices, etc... Thanks. In article ...

You are working without a word work file.....
On one particular machine we are having a problem with editing a word document (only 118kb in size, mainly text with the school logo at the top). When the document is opened the member of staff starts to edit it and all of the sudden word freezes with the following error: You are working without a word work file and memory is nearly full. Save your work. I've googled and found an article about making a registry change HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\11.0\Options Added a DWORD called CACHESIZE with a decimal value of 512. This doesn't appeared to have solved t...

Business Works Gold Integration
Hi Has anyone integrated Business Works Gold with RMS? Thanks Ricardo ...

Actual expenses
Can someone please tell me how you get your actual expenses to show up in the budget and spending tracker?? I have downloaded my statements and such, but the software is not pulling that info into the budget. How do you do this?? Thank you! ...