Why does the source on Page Setup keep changing from 'sheet' to '.

Have been trying to print a 4 page folded brochure on 11 x 17 paper.  After
setting both the Page Setup and the Print Properties to the proper settings,
then attempt to print.  Sometime during the loading to the printer the
settings are changed from 'sheet' to 'CD/DVD' in the Source on the Page setup
or the paper is changed to 8 1/2 x 11.  Have checked with Epson and they have
clarified that it's not a printer problem.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!
0
SHOTS (1)

Open the printer folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, click
printing preferences, be certain you have all the correct settings. Normally in
preferences the default is letter and is over ridden in your application when
you setup your publication. Maybe something changed. Did you ask Epson if they
have a more current driver?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"SITE SHOTS" <SITE SHOTS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have been trying to print a 4 page folded brochure on 11 x 17 paper.  After
> setting both the Page Setup and the Print Properties to the proper settings,
> then attempt to print.  Sometime during the loading to the printer the
> settings are changed from 'sheet' to 'CD/DVD' in the Source on the Page setup
> or the paper is changed to 8 1/2 x 11.  Have checked with Epson and they have
> clarified that it's not a printer problem.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!

0
gsauer (5094)
3/3/2006 7:31:03 PM
Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, I was in a time crunch and had to
copy my project over to Word in order to print.  But that was after being on
the phone with Epson for 3 hours with no real solution for the default
change.  In the end, I took the printer back.  It involved too much jumping
through hoops.  But, thanks for trying.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Open the printer folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, click
> printing preferences, be certain you have all the correct settings. Normally in
> preferences the default is letter and is over ridden in your application when
> you setup your publication. Maybe something changed. Did you ask Epson if they
> have a more current driver?
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "SITE SHOTS" <SITE SHOTS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have been trying to print a 4 page folded brochure on 11 x 17 paper.  After
> > setting both the Page Setup and the Print Properties to the proper settings,
> > then attempt to print.  Sometime during the loading to the printer the
> > settings are changed from 'sheet' to 'CD/DVD' in the Source on the Page setup
> > or the paper is changed to 8 1/2 x 11.  Have checked with Epson and they have
> > clarified that it's not a printer problem.  Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated!

0
SITESHOTS (1)

How do I delete pages from an Excell template of mutiple pages
Someone has set me up with a template of multiple pages. I need to be able to delete and add pages as required for invoices. Any help gratefully received To delete a worksheet, pull-down: Edit > Delete Sheet To insert a new worksheet, pull-down: Insert > Worksheet and then copy the template over to the newly created worksheet. -- Gary's Student "pulcom123" wrote: > Someone has set me up with a template of multiple pages. I need to be able > to delete and add pages as required for invoices. Any help gratefully received How do you edit a template? I mean ...

SUMIF Returns a #VALUE error when external source is closed
Can you help me out with this? if works fine if the external source i open but returns a #value if its closed. is there anyway of correctin this so that it will pull from the external when it is closed -- ghyne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ghynes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2658 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39856 No, the formula requires the second file to be open. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ghynes" <...

Centerizing the website page
Hello, I build a website by publisher 2007. 1.All of the pages of my website are blank (white) 3 cm along the the right side of the page - How acna I centralize the page or strech page the it can viewed in IE as a full page? 2. I created a form by the wizard, How can I define a path for saving the form while I press submit? 3. How do I read cgi forms ? Thanks, Nir This works only for websites created with Publisher 2000 & 2002. There are other fixes for other versions of Publisher. Sorry, I don't have them. Each of your html files requires adding the <center> code after t...

Change Field Label on OnChange
Hi, Is there a way to change the label of a field on an OnChange event? TIA, Gaurav Unforunately no. At least not in a supported way. I'm sure you could come up with some javascript that would do this though. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:29:02 -0800, Gaurav Dalal <GauravDalal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi, Is there a way to change the label of a field on an OnChange event? TIA, Gaurav ...

Print First Two pages in First Page Tray & remang. in other pages
I use one tray for Headed Paper and another for plain paper. Using macro i print first page of the document to the headed paper and remaining pages in plain paper tray correctly. Now to be more eco-friendly, to avoid wastage of papers, i need to print the second page of the document to the headed paper back side. So ideally i need to Print First Two pages in First Page Tray & remaining pages in other pages tray (which is already duplexed). Need to if this is possible. Code --declare Dim sPrinterName$ Dim sPortName$ Dim nFirstPageTray Dim nOtherPagesTray -- assig...

Payroll changes
Is there any way to track what payroll changes have been made, and by who from week to week? You can do two things. One, you can turn on Activity Tracking within the System Setup menu. This option enables you to produce reports by user for different activity types, like card changes. Two, you can purchase the audit module, if you have GP Professional. This module is more comprehensive in what it tracks and provides reporting via SmartList. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Pam" wrote: > Is there any way to track what payroll changes have been made, and by who > from week to w...

Sales Stage change date
Is the date at which an Opportunities' Sales Stage changes recorded anywhere? We've implemented the automated Sales Process to advance the Sales Stage upon completion of certain Tasks. But, for reporting purposes, it would be great to see exactly when the Sales Stage was changed to identify bottlenecks in the Sales process, etc. Thanks. lets say you had a two stage sales process each with 5 activities like this Stage One task1 task2 task3 task4 task5 Stage Two task6 task7 task8 task9 task10 Lets also assume that you require eachtask to be complete. It is possible to create a report ...

Source code library.
My company has finally decided to upgrade from Visual C++ version 6 to Visual Studio 2008. Is there a newer version scheduled for release anytime soon? What source code version control should we use? Is SourceSafe good? Are there alternatives that people would recommend for a small company with only a few developers? With SourceSafe are there any concerns or things we should know from the start? "TomChapman" <TomChapman12@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:O#3oXJafKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > My company has finally decided to upgrade from ...

Outlook 2000 keeps hanging
I'm running outlook 2000 on Win ME and my machine keeps hanging when I try to exit Outlook. I use Word 2000 as my email editor. Additionally, the app takes a long time to load up and the performance is poor otherwise. I must have some kind of conflict with one of my applications? I know that there are still remnants of outlook express and MS Works on my computer, but I can't seem to wipe my computer of these apps completely. If I reinstall Word and Outlook will this help solve my problem? If so, does anyone have any advice as to how to do this properly? Is there any go...

How do I print mulitple recipients per sheet in a mail merge?
I am trying to complete a mail merge for 1/4 sheet postcards. When I try to print them, I get four copies of each recipient. How do I print one recipient for each 1/4 sheet panel? You can only have one postcard on your screen for the merge to work. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mdewever" <mdewever@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A07F68AA-03D7-4304-BC64-951D1530306C@microsoft.com... >I am trying to complete a mail merge for 1/4 sheet postcards. When I try to > print them, I...

Cannot set the LOCALE IDENTIFIER of the data source #2
In order to use the "translations" feature of Sql Server Analysis Services 2008 we need to set the locale identifier of the OLEDB connection string. However, it doesn't seem to be possible in Excel 2007. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem. 1- Open Excel 2007 2- Data > From other sources > From Analysis Services 3- Select a server and a database (it doesn't matter which), click next, click finish 4- Click properties, clear the "retrieve data and errors in the Office display language" checkbox, go to the definition tab, add "Locale Identifier=105...

Import changes named ranges
I have an issue with named ranges on an imported list. Excel change the ranges on an import but not the adjacent columns. There ar several issues wich complicate this. Excel 2003 1. The data is imported from a csv file (not a problem) 2. Named ranges are needed for each column of the import and tw additional formula columns to the right (not a problem if they stay th same length) 3. There are 2 formula columns after the imported data 4. The import is configured to copy down formulas in the adjacen columns. 5. Array functions refer to the named ranges to calculate values o another shee...

Single value for Control Source
I have a combo box for which I want the control source to be a single value in a table that has several rows and columns, like DLookup works. What would the control source look like? Sorry, Stu, but I can't figure out what it is you want to do. What does "a single value in a table that has several rows and columns" mean? This is what makes no sense. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stu" wrote: > I have a combo box for which I want the control source to be a single value > in a table that has several rows and columns, like DLookup works. What woul...

More background sources for MSPub 2003
Is there a site for more background patterns on the internet? Go here http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ Input background in the search, there are many. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Carygee" <carygee@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23iXftofmDHA.1004@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a site for more background patterns on the internet? > > Hi Carygee (carygee@aol.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a site for more background patterns on the internet? As an FY...

auto generate sheets in a workbook from list using a master sheet
i need to automaticly generate time cards using a name list from the name sheet and the master timecard sheet so it will put the all the info from the name sheet into the cells of the master and change the tab name to the name on the list so they can input their own times onto the sheet and do this for the names on the list. Carl, If I understand you have a list of names on a sheet called names and you want to add a worksheet for each name. Try this which assumes the names are in A1 to A7 so change to suit Sub Add_Sheets() Dim MyRange As Range Set MyRange = Sheets("N...

Re: pivot table mutliple choice in page section
You're right- thanks again. I am just wondering why this optiion is available in the row/column area and is not available in the page area. Cheers. Uzytkownik "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:4381C9E2.9000809@contexturesXSPAM.com... > It may be easier to drag the page field to the row area, and use the check > boxes in the dropdown list, to show or hide the items. > Then, move the field back to the page area. > > Mr Curious wrote: >> It is indead some solution - thank you. >> If you want to change frequently...

how do i overwrite a cell and keep adding to another figure?
Hi everyone, I'm trying to create an inventory sheet where i have a correct record of goods available for sale. What i want is to be able to overwrite figures in a particular column and have that added to figures in another column. For example. Say i have 25 Cds and i sold 10, i now have 15 availible for sale. However, if i bought 50 more, i should now have 65. Is there a way i can write the figure bought in a cell and have that added to the figure in the existing stock? Also, each time stock for a particular product is bought it is recorded in the same cell, ie. the old figure i...

Did this newgroup change recently???/
I'm getting a error when I try to go to the Microsoft Dynamics RMS newgroup. Did something change? ...

Problem with collumns and pages...
I have a file that's about 50 000 rows long, and 4 collumns wide. An this whould work just fine, but I would not like to print a little ove 700 pages... So now I've tried to change the sheet so that I could get collumns on every page (insted of 4). So that I could get two of the ol pages on one page (with one empty row between them... It's hard t explain but here is a little ASCII pic that might give you a hint OLD (about 700 pages) | | | | | | | | | | | | NEW(about 350 pages) | | | |-| | | | | | |-| | | | | | |-| | | | | | |-| | | (Both "pictures" are just on...

macro data above page break
Place macro so it prints starting 6 lines above each page break. Data is different fore each page break so I can not use footer. -- Randy Rows to Repeat at Top? I realize English is not your first language, but maybe you could re-post a better description of your needs? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:17:01 -0800, Randy <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Place macro so it prints starting 6 lines above each page break. Data is >different fore each page break so I can not use footer. ...

Changing Chart Location Problems
I am using excel 2007. When i move a chart from a worksheet to a "New Sheet" i.e. "Chart1", the chart does not show up in the new location / sheet. When I click on the new sheet "Chart1" all I see is a blank page. Please Help The beta did stuff like this, but the RTM version (i.e., the commercially released version) seemed to be fixed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "*Dave*" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F18352C-9137-407E-923F-009E7628576...

Statment of changes in financial position
i will be a demo of GP 10 on Weds for a customer who has a requirement for a statement of changes in financial position. Is there any reason that this would be a problem in FRx as long as i know what GL accounts make up each row? Their sales and receivables are going to be maintained in another systmer - with that system providing a journal entry either weekly or monthly. THanks! Andrea: How did this come out for you, also have you done a Schedule of Changes Report?? Pretty standard non-profit reports. "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > i will be a demo of GP 10 on Weds for a cus...

PowerPoint 2010: Note page into pdf problem
In my post "Note page view into pdf" I've discussed my problem already. And Steve provided me a solution for PowerPoint2007 (Thanks again, Steve). But now: I've just tried PowerPoint 2010 beta. By default the feature of printing node pages into pdf is still that bad like in PP2007. The macro of Steve still works, but finally when I print out the resulting notepages I again only have an image of the slide on the nodepage.pdf This is driving me crasy. What is wrong??? Maybe it is to early to discuss PP2010 things here. If so let me know. TIA Peter ...

Please help. Extracting data from one sheet to another
Can anyone please help me. I have a front worksheet that is our main data input sheet and several information sheets that will contain the matching criteria from the main data entry sheet. EG. Spa Company that maintains all information on their quotations. Description of Spa( 2,4,6 & 8 Person Spa's), Name of Client, Address of Client, Successful Yes/No. When a quote is entered for a 6 person spa then I would like all the information in that line to extract to the 6 Person Spa Quote sheet also indicating whether it is successful or not. Provided I've got your request...

Pivot table data source #4
Hi! I had some pivot tables in my computer. How can I find the data source name or the database name where the data is coming from? I went to the get data and view SQL but it did not show me the database name and location. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. John I normally right click on the pivot table, select wizard and then the back button until you get to the window with the source data range in it. Laurence "John Rozario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bd5301c48952$2f46f700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I had some pivot table...