why does publisher 97 fail to save in limited user account

I am using windows XP.  one of the accounts on the PC is a limited user (not
admin) Publisher 97 will not save the files when using this account.
Error message "could not create a tempory file" occurs.
Works fine if the user profile is changed to admin user?
0
Peter2031 (452)

Close Worksheet and Making Worksheet Invisible
Hi, I use this (pardon the variable names...) infile = "C:\Temp\Garb-Tests\Test1\solTrip.xlsx" insheet = "Trip" '--------------------------------------------------------------------- Set o = Workbooks.Open(infile).Worksheets(insheet) .... Reading data from this works. However, this causes the sheet to open, but I don't want that so I do: o.Visible = false When I do this, ths sheet still opens but it opens without any data! Also, when I try to close this workbook using: o.Close (false, false) I get a runtime error 438 - Object does not support...

Print or save custom form without sender's information
Recently I created my first form in Outlook to be used for our company's “Suggestion Box” Public Folder. It’s a custom form which was modified from a Post form. The idea was that our employees would be more likely to provide feedback if it were as simple as sending an e-mail, rather than having to take the time to leave their desks and fill out a hard copy form to drop into an actual suggestion box. In an effort to keep the information anonymous, I was able to remove the “From” field in the form and create a custom view in the Public Folder so that no one in the office could see ...

Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user account setup?
Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user account setup? -------------------------------- Please don't scream at me, but I posted this message earlier today in the Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Upon further reflection, I think that it's more appropriate to be listed and answered within the Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office. So I'm post a copy of it here. Hope that's OK. --------------------------------- Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage From: ...@comcast.net Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:20:57 -0700 Local: M...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

End-user License Agreement 12-22-09
I had Windows XP and Office 2003 worked just fine on it. Then, I got Windows 7. Everytime I start any Office 2003 program, I am asked if I accept the End-user License Agreement. I also have Powerpoint 2007 and it doesn't do this. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks! Patty Often this can be resolved by logging in as Administrator, then accepting the license agreement. I don't know if that works in Win7, but it wouldn't hurt. -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Sending Publisher Files

Publisher 2000 #23

Limit users to internal addresses only
How do you prevent a user from sending / receiving mail to / from external (internet) addresses? Many thanks in advance. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote in message news:eYQiqkP2GHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How do you prevent a user from sending / receiving mail to / from external > (internet) addresses? > > Many thanks in advance. > > > ...

Where do a I find a savings calculator?
Where can I find a savings calculator for an Excel spreadsheet? Read a book like Excel for Dummies to see examples of what can be done best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "FluffyCat" <FluffyCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073D0AE0-5B6A-4CB1-A6D8-1D2247F76D99@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a savings calculator for an Excel spreadsheet? ...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Make User Date update on 24/7 Great Plains session.
I'm using Great Plains 8. I have a 24/7 SOP Great Plains process running on the server. The orders imported use the 'User Date" to set the imported order's 'Order Date' value. The User Date does not increment on it's own. Can anyone tell me a way to update the User Date on this un-attended Great Plains session? Thanks! Kevin R How about a GP macro that changes the user date and then add that macro to run using Windows Scheduled Tasks? Never tried it but should work. "Kevin R" wrote: > I'm using Great Plains 8. I have a 24/7 SOP Gr...

Help! cleaning out inbox and saved emails
I have created in the past two years files in my inbox but want to delete them as they are taking up too much space. How do I transfer these email from my inbox file to a file(s) in Microsoft word. The only way I have found to date is to (Save AS) save each one individually to a word file but this is way too time consumming. Help please. Thanks so much BB Do they have to be in Word? You can create a folder on the Desktop and just drag the messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "BB" <BB@discussions.micr...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Docx Saves as Outlook Attachment
Need some help if you know how to fix this. I somehow changed how Word opens docx files and now they open as outlook attachments. I have already tried making word the default program but that doesn't seem to work. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the code because I can't find anything in Outlook or Word to change how docx files open as Outlook attachments. If anyone knows or has this similar problem and knows how to fix it please let me know... :) "Joe K - Word Docx Help" <JoeKWordDocxHelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...