Why can't I select/use items from master page in publication pages

I created text boxes in a master page and when I go to the publication pages,
I can't select any of the objects I created in the master page. It's as if
they are locked. What's up with that? It's driving me bananas!!!!
0
joyojoy (2)

They are two seperate pages. You have to have the master page selected to
make any alterations to it.

"joyojoy" <joyojoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created text boxes in a master page and when I go to the publication
>pages,
> I can't select any of the objects I created in the master page. It's as if
> they are locked. What's up with that? It's driving me bananas!!!!

I guess I'm not being clear. Here's what's happening:

I created a master page with a bunch of linked text boxes on it, because I
want to them to appear and be useable on every page of the document. When I
close the master page view and go to the actual working document, I can't
select any of the text boxes -- or anything else -- that I created in the
master page. It's as if they are locked.

Maybe I'm under the incorrect assumption that master page items should be
available and editable from within the main document (like every other page
layout program I've used).

"Meggie" wrote:

> They are two seperate pages. You have to have the master page selected to
> make any alterations to it.
>

> "joyojoy" <joyojoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created text boxes in a master page and when I go to the publication
> >pages,
> > I can't select any of the objects I created in the master page. It's as if
> > they are locked. What's up with that? It's driving me bananas!!!!

0
joyojoy (2)
10/27/2006 4:43:02 PM
The Master Pages are only available in the Master Page view. Use ctrl+m to
toggle back and forth.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I guess I'm not being clear. Here's what's happening:
>
> I created a master page with a bunch of linked text boxes on it, because I
> want to them to appear and be useable on every page of the document. When I
> close the master page view and go to the actual working document, I can't
> select any of the text boxes -- or anything else -- that I created in the
> master page. It's as if they are locked.
>
> Maybe I'm under the incorrect assumption that master page items should be
> available and editable from within the main document (like every other page
> layout program I've used).
>
> "Meggie" wrote:
>
>> They are two seperate pages. You have to have the master page selected to
>> make any alterations to it.
>>

>> "joyojoy" <joyojoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I created text boxes in a master page and when I go to the publication
>> >pages,
>> > I can't select any of the objects I created in the master page. It's as if
>> > they are locked. What's up with that? It's driving me bananas!!!!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Run report on multi selected records.

how can I close a UserForm using a shortcut key ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C4D528.49737CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can I close a UserForm using a shortcut key ? T. I. A. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C4D528.49737CD0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1">...

Error managing public folders need help!
I have 2 Exchange servers my first one which is giving me the problem and my new one which I am moving everything over to so I can get rid of the old server, I added the new server to the Site both 2003 Exchange servers moved the mail boxes now I am having Mail problems sending and receiving and mostly I cant setup the Public folder replication as stated in KB822931 so I can get rid of it. I get this error The operation Failed becuse of a HTTP error 501 (not implemented) ID no:c1030af6 exchange System manager I did everything in KB 839744 twice once with out SP1 and once wiht SP1 an...

Report using Organization Chart from HierarchyID
Anyone with an example of creating an organization chart using HierarchyID? I have created the hierarchial nodes such as / /1/ /1/1/ /2/ /2/1/ /3/ Is there any way of generating an organization chart easily, where the root is /? search the web. good examples abound, especially from itzik ben-gan. SELECT hid, hid.ToString() AS path, lvl, empid, empname, salary FROM dbo.Employees ORDER BY hid; -- Kevin G. Boles Indicium Resources, Inc. SQL Server MVP kgboles a earthlink dt net "Gum" <gum@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:3B150CBE-D8...

Using Custom Views
Complete Excel noob here - If I've defined a custom view in one workbook, how can I apply it to another. It is not shown in the list. What I want to do: I have a workbook with columnar data similar to a check register. I have set up the formatting for display and print formatting, including headers & footers. This data is for a specific client but I want to save that formatting, both visual and print so that I can create new workbooks for other clients and apply the same formatting. I thought that by saving the custom view it would work but it is not seen outside of the workbo...

Set Records Per Page Default
Hi, I'm new to CRM (version 4.0) and have been asked by the boss if it is possible to default the "records per page" option to 250 for all new users rather than the usual 50. I've been through three books now (Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 for Dummies, Step by Step Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0) and while they all mention that 50 is the default, none of them mentions a way of changing that. Does anyone here know of a way of changing the default? Thanks, Tony. As far as I know there is no default setting for all users. -- htt...

When shading cells using the 'pattern' option, they print in grey.
When trying to print a 'pattern' in cell shading, it prints only as grey-scale solids. Do the patterns not print, or is it "averaging" the pattern into a solid? Printer dpi is 600, and appears as a pattern on Preview. ...

Go to special page in HTML help, how to change the left view in HTML help?
Hi, Made one .chm file. In a c++ program, launch the help file and go to the special page by HtmlHelp(NULL,"D:\Program files\file.chm::/help_internet.htm",HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0); It worked. The right window did display the help_internet.htm, but the left window, which has a lot of book icons in it, changed nothing. How to change the left view at the same time? Thank you, Best regards, Kelvin Kelvin, > Made one .chm file. > > In a c++ program, launch the help file and go to the special page by > HtmlHelp(NULL,"D:\Program > files\file.chm::/help_internet.htm...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

serialization when using reflexion
Hello, My application needs to serialize a class, which was generated with xsd.exe from a XSD. It was working .NET 1.1 and it is working with .NET 2.0 very well. Now I need my assembly to be a plugin, and to be called by reflexion, but I get this Exception: Exception.Message: "There was an error generating the XML document." Exception.InnerException.Message: "Unable to cast object of type 'NMI.STARTi.EDI.Ingram.OrderRequest' to type 'NMI.STARTi.EDI.Ingram.OrderRequest'." The method I'm calling is static (I tried non-static as well) and the class ...

how do I use Microsoft Ooutlook with Yahoo Mail
I use Microsoft Outlook. How do I use Yahoo Mail with the M/O. I do all it says and I still cannot get it to work. Debby Townsend wrote: > I use Microsoft Outlook. How do I use Yahoo Mail with the M/O. I do > all it says and I still cannot get it to work. Unless you have a paid account , or use yahoo UK then you can't. Thank you Gordon. I live in Totola, British Virgin Islands so will need to go into Cable and Wireless to find out what the ISP address is. But how come you can use Outlook Express with an account like Hotmail? Thanks again Debby "Gordon" wrote: &g...

Page Setup Program
Happen that I have a File with many pages and I wanted to setup a different left footer (Changing Printing Day & Hour for Name). the changes take effect but as soon as I do a print preview, the name coms back again, I have tried to change them over and over and still come back with the same name. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks Hi not really sure to ehat you're changing the footer. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Fernando Gomez wrote: > Happen that I have a File with many pages and I wanted to setup a > different left ...

How to use MSGP login to authenticate user?
Hi, i have a question and hope someone might be able to answer. i'm writing a program that using MSGP login to authenticate my users. As i know, MSGP store the encrypted password, my program was unable to match the username and password. Is there any way to decrypt the password? thanks. BC no "BC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53b301c49163$187c84e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, i have a question and hope someone might be able to > answer. > i'm writing a program that using MSGP login to > authenticate my users. As i know, MSG...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

Apply Rule -- Workflow Process list has missing items
Hi, I was working at applying rules manually. I used to have 3 rules to choose from. Then I had 2, then 1, and now 2 again. The 3 rules exist and have been activated the entire time. The only thing I may have done is refresh (F5) the form while the rule was running. Now it is does not have the entire list of 3 rules to choose from on this item (Order). On all other orders, the list contains 3, but only 2 for this one. Anyone have ANY insight on this behaviour?? I have seen this behaviour once before. I ended up recreating the item (it was a Case, but this time it is an Order). ...

Use Spinner Control to Hide/Show Buttons?
Hi All, I am trying to set up a spinner button (with corresponding numerical readout) that also displays a number of buttons. The number of buttons displayed will depend upon the spinner number e.g. if the spinner says 5, then 5 buttons will be displayed. If the spinner says 2, then the rest of the buttons apart from 2 are hidden. There needs to be 10 buttons in total, with a minimum of two displayed at any one time. I've created a mock-up worksheet to show what I mean MUCH better than the explanation I've just given above! http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/Buttons.xls So I...

How do I set up a header in my emails that I use in publisher.
I like the "marker" format for all my business publications. I would like to permanetly export that look to my outlook express 6. But when I try to save an email from publisher as stationary it tells me it won't work because the email contains no background images. Help please ...

using CLR that returns table
Hello there. I need to build CLR which gets text and converting it to table. this CLR should run 10 times in one second. By default(as far as i know) the retuned table of CLR is saved to temp db like any other table valued function. This can cause to system to work mutch slower then it is. Is there a way to bypass this problem? any help would be useful Not a CLR guru here but I thought when you streamed data back to sql server as a clr 'table' it was directly consumed by the query plan. What are you actually going to do with these 10 files converted to i...

Can I use automatic dialing in Outlook if I use a cable modem?
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "salsanstyx" <salsanstyx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85FF5912-B7DA-4E40-9AC6-943A3E9538CF@microsoft.com... | as long as you have a phone line connected to the computer, yes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tas...

Link select with a blast