Why can't I see the pictures that I am inserting in my Pub. 2002 d

I am having a problem that I have not encountered before in previous pub.
2002 documents - I am insterting pictures and can see that they are
insterting and yet can't see the picture. it's not a problem of having the
picture inserted into the back ground.
0
Rebecca (144)

View, pictures, detailed display.

Is it just this one document?

If not, slide the acceleration down on your video adapter, control panel, display
folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab.
If this solves the issue, go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an
upgraded video driver.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem that I have not encountered before in previous pub.
> 2002 documents - I am insterting pictures and can see that they are
> insterting and yet can't see the picture. it's not a problem of having the
> picture inserted into the back ground.

0
gsauer (5094)
8/9/2005 3:48:14 PM
Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I am having a problem that I have not encountered before in previous
> pub. 2002 documents - I am insterting pictures and can see that they
> are insterting and yet can't see the picture. it's not a problem of
> having the picture inserted into the back ground.

a) Have you checked View > Pictures?
b) Have you tried turning down the hardware acceleration on your graphics
card under Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced >
Troubleshoot?  If this succeeds, then you require a new video driver from
the manufacturer of your graphics card.  Intel and ATI are especially bad
for this on their new cards, as they tend to take longer to release mature
drivers.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
8/9/2005 4:02:22 PM
Thank you so much. it worked! Now I'll call Dell about this brand new laptop!

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I am having a problem that I have not encountered before in previous
> > pub. 2002 documents - I am insterting pictures and can see that they
> > are insterting and yet can't see the picture. it's not a problem of
> > having the picture inserted into the back ground.
>
> a) Have you checked View > Pictures?
> b) Have you tried turning down the hardware acceleration on your graphics
> card under Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced >
> Troubleshoot?  If this succeeds, then you require a new video driver from
> the manufacturer of your graphics card.  Intel and ATI are especially bad
> for this on their new cards, as they tend to take longer to release mature
> drivers.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Rebecca (144)
8/9/2005 4:19:10 PM
Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Thank you so much. it worked! Now I'll call Dell about this brand new
> laptop!

Brand new laptops do not ship with brand new drivers.
Dell use Intel hardware, but do not release the newest Intel drivers.
Another user is currently reporting exactly the same problem on a Dell
desktop.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
8/9/2005 4:25:16 PM
I am trying to initiate a new question and can't seem to do it by jut
clicking, "new". Here's my question: For over a year I was able to move pages
(by dragging and dropping them into place) in my publisher software. Then all
of sudden one day I can't move publisher pages at all. I use Publisher 2002 -
always have.

"Rebecca" wrote:

> Thank you so much. it worked! Now I'll call Dell about this brand new laptop!
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
> > Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> > utter:
> > > I am having a problem that I have not encountered before in previous
> > > pub. 2002 documents - I am insterting pictures and can see that they
> > > are insterting and yet can't see the picture. it's not a problem of
> > > having the picture inserted into the back ground.
> >
> > a) Have you checked View > Pictures?
> > b) Have you tried turning down the hardware acceleration on your graphics
> > card under Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced >
> > Troubleshoot?  If this succeeds, then you require a new video driver from
> > the manufacturer of your graphics card.  Intel and ATI are especially bad
> > for this on their new cards, as they tend to take longer to release mature
> > drivers.
> >
> > --
> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Rebecca (144)
8/9/2005 4:26:03 PM
Did you have the add-in? Look in Tools, Add-in's to see if Move Page has been
disabled. This URL will get you a new download.
http://www.publishermvps.com/Programming/AddIns/tabid/43/Default.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
>I am trying to initiate a new question and can't seem to do it by jut
> clicking, "new". Here's my question: For over a year I was able to move pages
> (by dragging and dropping them into place) in my publisher software. Then all
> of sudden one day I can't move publisher pages at all. I use Publisher 2002 -
> always have.
>
> "Rebecca" wrote:
>
>> Thank you so much. it worked! Now I'll call Dell about this brand new laptop!
>>
>> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>>
>> > Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
>> > utter:
>> >
>> > a) Have you checked View > Pictures?
>> > b) Have you tried turning down the hardware acceleration on your graphics
>> > card under Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced >
>> > Troubleshoot?  If this succeeds, then you require a new video driver from
>> > the manufacturer of your graphics card.  Intel and ATI are especially bad
>> > for this on their new cards, as they tend to take longer to release mature
>> > drivers.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
gsauer (5094)
8/9/2005 5:06:07 PM
Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I am trying to initiate a new question and can't seem to do it by jut
> clicking, "new". Here's my question: For over a year I was able to
> move pages (by dragging and dropping them into place) in my publisher
> software.

Only Publisher 2003 can do this.  You were never able to do this using
Publisher 2002

The add-in that is available for Publisher 2002 does not allow
drag-dropping, either.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
8/9/2005 5:12:52 PM
I knew that, but I never used the add-in, wasn't sure how it worked. I think the
poster forgot she had to select everything on the page, group and then move it all to
a new page, dragging it to the scratch area first.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> I am trying to initiate a new question and can't seem to do it by jut
>> clicking, "new". Here's my question: For over a year I was able to
>> move pages (by dragging and dropping them into place) in my publisher
>> software.
>
> Only Publisher 2003 can do this.  You were never able to do this using Publisher
> 2002
>
> The add-in that is available for Publisher 2002 does not allow drag-dropping,
> either.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
gsauer (5094)
8/9/2005 6:45:55 PM
Hi Rebecca,
I am the 'other' user referred to in Ed Bennett's post.
Check the thread I began on 7/26/05 entitled "Graphics don't display in
Publisher 2002".
I'm wondering if you also had a problem with your screen saver once you
decelerated the hardware per Mary's and Ed's advice? Dell insisted I have a
corrupted file in Windows XP, but I'm not inclined to believe that. If you
manage to find a new driver that works at the Intel site, please let me know.
If you have a laptop, your graphics card will be different from mine, but at
least it will give me a clue what to do next.
Thanks and good luck. If you'd like to chat offline, you can contact me at
gollyg@san.rr.com.
--
Thank you.

"Rebecca" wrote:

> Thank you so much. it worked! Now I'll call Dell about this brand new laptop!
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
> > Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> > utter:
> > > I am having a problem that I have not encountered before in previous
> > > pub. 2002 documents - I am insterting pictures and can see that they
> > > are insterting and yet can't see the picture. it's not a problem of
> > > having the picture inserted into the back ground.
> >
> > a) Have you checked View > Pictures?
> > b) Have you tried turning down the hardware acceleration on your graphics
> > card under Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced >
> > Troubleshoot?  If this succeeds, then you require a new video driver from
> > the manufacturer of your graphics card.  Intel and ATI are especially bad
> > for this on their new cards, as they tend to take longer to release mature
> > drivers.
> >
> > --
> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
gollyg1 (20)

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Picture Logos on Receipt
How does one do a picture of a Logo so that it can be accepted in the Receipt Formats Properties Form ? thanks It has to be a monochrome bitmap - less than 20kb - it should be sized so that it's less than 2.5" wide ( that last one may not be exactly right - It has to fit within the margins or the receipt tape) -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "John Caro&quo...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Can no longer add select pictures to add in PUBLISHER 2003
I can no longer add pictures to a publishing document also I can no longer save a publishing document - I get a don't have enough memory message. How big is that file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "vc826" <vc826@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:337835A2-EB99-4160-BE31-60C45A84C298@microsoft.com... >I can no longer add pictures to a publishing document also I can no longer > save a publishing document - I get a don't have enough memory message. every file I can...

Save .pub to .pdf format
I'm having a little struggle trying to save to .pdf. Went to the MSFT site and carefully followed the instructions. I've saved to .pdf before but sometimes it seems impossible. Using Publisher 2007 and have installed the .pdf converter from MSFT to use with Word, etc. TIA. Jethro Pull wrote: > I'm having a little struggle trying to save to .pdf. Went to the MSFT > site and carefully followed the instructions. I've saved to .pdf > before but sometimes it seems impossible. > > Using Publisher 2007 and have installed the .pdf converter from MSFT > to use...

Is there a way to insert a copied row into all aother tabbed table
I have a file with about 100 tabs along the bottom for other tables. I have a row that I need to copy and insert into each one of those (at the top, first row). I can copy and insert row into each tab individually but is there a way to have this insert into all of them at once in the same place? Yes. Group the sheets. For Excel help on how to group sheets, type "group sheets" into Excel help. -- David Biddulph "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09E31216-B19F-44F2-BEA2-8F913BA1ABB5@microsoft.com... > I have a file w...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

Multiple row insertion on various worksheets
Need to be able to add row to Sheet1, and at the same time add a row to Sheet2 at a certain off sett row. Then if possible populate both new row with what is in the row above in the same way as would occur using the autofill pull down. Thanks Shaun If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send before/after examples and expected results. -- Don Guillett M...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

Outlook 2002 rules problem
I have a rule that moves an incoming email but does not delete from the inbox. Now I have 2! Help Try adding "stop processing more rules" to the end of your rule so that no other rules will act upon it. There may be another rule that's creating the copy in the Inbox. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Richard" <rreggers@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:070501c36859$41a53530$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a rule t...

Picture attachments
Recently, every picture that is sent to me cannt be opened until I save it to my desktop. I used to be able to click on the ican and open the attachment, but not anymore. Where do I go to change the default picture viewer? Thank you. ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

How can I change the shape of an image inserted into a publisher?
Do you want to do something other than change the height or width? If yes, you won't be able to in Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Rossman" <Rossman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F011697E-2A9A-4CA2-8964-B9D41BF48DDB@microsoft.com... > Thanks Don. Yeah, I was hoping to be able to bend an edge to add appeal to the image. Not possible huh? "Don Schmidt" wrote: > Do you want to do something other than change the height or width? If yes, > you won't be able to in Publisher. > > > -- > Don > Vancou...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Cannot insert extended ascii character
This article tells about how to insert an extended ascii character: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011331361033.aspx The "Alt + decimal code" method works well with my pc at work. But I cannot make that work with my laptop at home (Dell Inspiron 600m, if it matters). Using Office Professional 2003 on Windows XP in both cases. When I type in the code on my laptop, nothing happens. Whether I use the normal laptop number keys, or the ten-key keypad with number lock on, it makes no difference. Can anyone give me any clues? TIA Hi! I don't know why thi...

How do you insert a scale break on the y-axis in Excel?
Is it possible? Hi, Have a look at these examples http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy lakechatei wrote: > Is it possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

i can't get a publisher 2002 file as the main page on e mail
it becomes distorted when i send it via e mail. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524821033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "ejm" <ejm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90401E76-1332-4311-8D9C-C6F5D591C4FE@microsoft.com... > it becomes distorted when i send it via e mail. ...

Inserting shapes on a diagnal plane.
I am creating crossword problems and creating solution pages. I can not figure out how to insert a shape on the diagnal. Pls help. -- Thank you, Sam Insert the "shape", select the shape, place cursor on the "green" handle, press left mouse button, drag to rotate. Muskratsam wrote: > I am creating crossword problems and creating solution pages. I can not > figure out how to insert a shape on the diagnal. Pls help. Thank you Bob! You made a huge improvement in my puzzles. -- Thank you, Sam "Bob I" wrote: > Insert the "...

Publisher/Word locks up when inserting pictures from files
Inserting clip art works ok but inserting pictures from files causes Pub 2003 to lock up. Has been working fine up to some time this month. Save As also causes lock up depending on file(?). Same problem in Word 2003. Pub 2000 & Word 2000 on same computer are ok. Norton's antivirus can not find anything nor was anything indicated by spy sweeper. Uininstalled Office 2003 and re- installed - no help. Using an HP 3GHz Windows XP for home editions on a small office net with one other computer (compaq), cable modem and two printers. This has been working since last December. ...

Controlling text fields in access 2002
I'm having some problems making my data input form nicely usable. First of all I'd like the text field to grow bigger when written on it, instead of scrolling as it does now. Is it possible to make the active field grow on top the others and then go back to it's defined size when another field is activated? I have a lot of fields in my form and I can't enlarge them anymore. And the fields might contain a lot of text or none at all. Another thing is that when printed, the totally empty fields could be left out completely. Now all I can do is minimize them and pri...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...

using 2002 excel books in Excel vX for mac
Unable to use the same book created in excel 2002 in a mac (excel v X) ...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...