Which versions of Publisher work with XP?

I tried to install my old version of Publisher (the one that came with my
Gateway, with Windows 95) and it wasn't compatible with XP.  I don't use it
very much, just to make cassette and CD labels, so I don't want to pay top
price for a new one. I would rather buy an older, used version from eBay.
Which are the versions of Publisher that would work with XP?   Also, I never
bought used software before.  Is there some kind of built in thing that
prevents a second buyer from installing it?

--
Dave Schwartz
Commack, NY

0
who4ever (59)

if you don't want to spend any money - take a closer look
into your upgrade of Word - you should be able to print
those labels in their as well  - don't make a purchase for
only one item - Publisher can do an awful lot if you let
it - I have put together entire books - but save yourself
aggravation and print the labels on Word if you don't use
it for anything else
al

0
anonymous (74722)
12/1/2003 4:02:59 AM
Dave, you don't say which version of Publisher you are trying to use on XP.
All versions from Publisher 95 will comfortably run on XP and possibly ver.
2.0 as well, but I have not tried it.

donotknock (1941)
12/1/2003 7:13:32 AM
Dave Schwartz wrote:
> I tried to install my old version of Publisher (the one that came
> with my Gateway, with Windows 95) and it wasn't compatible with XP.
> I don't use it very much, just to make cassette and CD labels, so I
> don't want to pay top price for a new one. I would rather buy an
> older, used version from eBay. Which are the versions of Publisher
> that would work with XP?   Also, I never bought used software before.
> Is there some kind of built in thing that prevents a second buyer
> from installing it?

Why are you reposting? See replies to your first post - posting again an
hour later will not endear you to anyone.

0
bastet (136)
12/1/2003 1:26:49 PM
Cassandra/Haggard Aggie/Horrible Agnes/Amethyst/Sarah/Black Allis/Molester
Bastet or whatever you are calling your warped personality today, why don't
you just stay in your cave.  You are a lonely sad old witch.

donotknock (1941)

Landscape & portrait pages in one Publisher document
Can I have a landscape AND a portrait page in a single Publisher document? I'm creating a flyer - the front needs to be landscape, the back portrait. Editing sideways is a real pain! :-) Thanks. Grace gljudson@cox.net No, but you could create one or the other as a separate publication, select all, group, copy, paste into the the other document and rotate it as needed. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Grace L. Judson" <gljudson@svahaconcepts.com> wrote in message news:OZEHrWnmIHA.2504...

Can someone help me print a 4 up post card in publisher 2007
I have been trying to print 4 postcards on a page but can not figure out how to do it. Please help! I'm a Publisher 2000 user and this is how I would do it using 8�"x11" stock. File Page Setup Special Size Width 5.5" Height 4.25" OK Create Postcard File Print Page Options button (lower left corner of Print window) Select Print multiple copies per sheet Custom Options button All margins set to 0" OK OK -- Don Vancouver, USA "JustAlice" <JustAlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7FC53C-3357-41FB-B650-...

Outlook 2007 Rules Do not work 01-26-10
I have just upgraded outlook 2003 to outlook 2007. I am running Xp. I have a number of email accounts coming through to my outlook. I want the mail that is addressed to one of my work email accounts to be moved automatically to another sub folder of my inbox. I have tried deleting them and starting from scratch, removing any client machine specific rules and using server based rules etc and I am still stuck, I have seen a lot of posts about this problem but no real solutions. Any ideas would be very gratefully received This all used to work so well with outlook 2003 but ...

Exchange Mode / Working Offline
What is normal behaivor for Outlook in cached mode and the server becomes unavailable? Specifically, is there a time out that will put Outlook "permanently" into Offline mode? .. ie, the client stops trying to connect and just stays Offline "forever". Anybody know? Or, if easier, what types of events would cause an Outlook 2003 user in cached mode to switch to "offline" mode. We are having an issue where users are calling in that they cannot send or receive emails. It is simply that the client switched to offline mode. Once offline, Outlook never pr...

saving files as PDF with Publisher
Hello, When you save a Publisher file as a PDF, can you make it very-high resolution? I see options for high-quality printing and commercial printing, but it doesn't say the dpi specs. I know that PDF's are often made to lower the file size for web viewing and e-mailing. But I want a giant PDF that is super high resolution. 1200dpi, nothing compressed. Just wondering if I can get a super-sharp printing file out of the Publisher PDF authoring, or if I will have to get the Adobe version or another company's version to get a really crisp file. Of course you can assuming that y...

In Publisher I created an email publication
Emailed it as the body of the message. We the receipent forwards the email they can make changes to the body of the message. How can I change setting to make it read only when emailed? -- Bobby How about making it an image file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Bobby" <Bobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBB9381-23EF-4815-BF45-651B15D3E2D7@microsoft.com... > Emailed it as the body of the message. We the receipent forwards the > email > they can make changes to the body of the message. How can I change > setting > to make it read only when...

mailbox-enabled users not working
Originally I added 3 or 4 users in AD, opting to create mailboxes for them at the same time. Now when I attempt to do the same, it takes me through the same dialog boxes, shows that the user is mailbox-enabled, but does not create a mailbox for that user, doesn't fill in the default email address for the user and its not possible to log onto Exchange using the new user's details. At first I thought this may be a licensing issue but have since added 5 more licensing and its not made a difference, please help! Thanks, John On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:40:57 +0100, John <jc_nospam...

Project Accounting Work In Progress As At Report
A report that shows, by Project, the details of what was in Work In Progress as at a specified month end is required to support the balance of the WIP account in G/L. This would be similar in content / layout to the Projects In Progress-Cost Category report - but the information should be as at the transaction posting date and not the transaction document date (as it currently seems to be). At present it appears to be impossible to reconcile the WIP account in the G/L to any standard Project Accounting report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

vc++vs2005 resource conditions not working, is this a bug?
Hi, I upgraded my VC++ 2003 application to VC++ VS2005, everything works okay, however it is ignoring the resource preprocessor conditions that use to work within vs2005, in otherwards it is now displaying the wrong versions of dialog box etc.. Is this a bug? in anycase it is very frustrating, any help, and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks >I upgraded my VC++ 2003 application to VC++ VS2005, everything works okay, >however it is ignoring the resource preprocessor conditions that use to work >within vs2005, in otherwards it is now displaying the wrong ver...

calling SetWindowPos on dynamically created control doesn't work ?
CMyDialog::OnInitialDialog(...) { m_btnDynamic.create(m_hWnd, ..... ); BOOL bRet = ::SetWindowPos(GetDlgItem(IDOK), m_btnDynamic.m_hWnd, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE|SWP_NOSIZE); //this doesn't work //BOOL bRet = ::SetWindowPos(GetDlgItem(IDOK), GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL), 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE|SWP_NOSIZE); this works } doesn't anyone know the reason? First off, it's kind of dangerous to embed GetDlgItem() that way, but I'll assume you were doing that just for the sake of illustration :o) I'm not sure what you are trying to do with this call. Are you tryi...

OutLook in XP Office Pro producing this error:
After upgrading from Office 2k to Office XP Pro, I am getting the following error message. I imported my "old" archive and it had/has a folder called "BladePro". Each time my archive runs, I get this message. I have searched my entire hard drive and there are no other archive folders so where is it finding a second "BladePro" folder? This is irritating, to say the least. Error while archiving folder "BladePro" in store "Archive Folders". A folder by this name already exists. If possible, please send your suggestions to: rweeks@cableon...

Outlook XP slow to start
It takes over thirty seconds for outlook to start. Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After...

Can I use my exchange service email from work on the 2008 home edition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Please help....switched to Mac and can't access work email now..... Can I get the 2008 home student edition, or will I have to go with the overwhelmingly more expensive version? The Home & Student version of Office 2008 does not ship with Exchange support; if you need Office 2008 and Exchange, you will need to buy either the Standard or the Special Media Edition. You might be able to get a cheap license at work, though, so consider asking your IT department for help. That being said, the Student & Teacher version of Office...

simple drag & drop not working
Hi, If I start dragging, I always get the "DropEffect - None" icon, means that drop is not possible. In my CFormView::OnCreate I already did a dropTarget.Register(this). void Simulation::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { this->clickedObject=GetDocument()->IsObjClicked(point); if(this->clickedObject!=NULL) { COleDataSource* ds=new COleDataSource(); CSharedFile file; CArchive ar(&file, CArchive::store); this->clickedObject->Serialize(ar); ar.Close(); ds->CacheGlobalData((CLIPFORMAT)RegisterClipboardFormat("Test"), file.Detach());...

UPDATE FROM WORKS TO EXCEL?
Is it possible to upgrade? Files or Application? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Joelee" <ohshunlvr@aol.com> wrote in message news:015b01c36c05$b1ba78d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to upgrade? ...

Object in Publisher keeps disappearing
I keep putting a picture into my document and it is there until I save or the computer autosaves. How do I handle this. It has happened before, but I ususally repaste the graphic and it stays put. What is the problem? Cherilyn you are a magical magician to make that happen - very talented indeed. Please tell us how you manage to do such a feat? What version of Publisher are you using? What format is the picture you are having this problem with? The issue you describe is totally unknown in any version of Publisher. -- ...

Latest version of Money Deluxe 2006
How do I determine if I have the most recent revision of 2006 Deluxe? I've done searches online but don't see a current version number listed anywhere. Thanks! AFAIK there have been no updates to M2006. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Michael F." <MichaelF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF63C8E-9D71-4E10-9776-897531351A35@microsoft.com... > How do I determine if I hav...

MS Office 2007
On using the spell checker in Published, should I require to add a new work it get the following response "To instal the Spell Checker and Hyphonation dictionary, run Publisher Set5up again and choose custom installation". Does this mean to re-install the programme, as I cannot find a install on Publisher. The spell checker works ok with work! Any ideas? Control panel, Add or Remove Programs folder, scroll down to Office, click change, and run all from my computer. A repair maybe what you need. If the spell check works okay in Word, it should work okay in Publisher. -- Mar...

Exchange Admin Client on XP Pro Box
Hi Group, This is what I am trying to do. I have a .NET 2003 server with Exchange 2003. What I would like is to have the administration console for exchange installed on a sperate XP-Pro box which can be used by another administrator. I was able to get this working when we had a 2000 server/exchange platform. Can anyone suggest something and in the meantime I will keep googling :) Thanks - Ron Ron, You'll need to install the IIS Snap-in w/ SMTP and the Windows 2003 AdminPack. Once the ESM is installed, then disable the SMTP and WWW services as they are not needed, just the snap-in...

Certain hyperlinks don't work in Visio html-page
Hi! I have a strange problem with MS Visio 2002 pro sr-1 FI. Certain hyperlinks do not work when creating a html-page from a Visio-file. In created Visio html-file a hyperlink like http://re1hki12/OpenDatabase&filecabid=42256B670027B299&doc key=02.09.2002-L8EO-6W5L links me only to the address http://re1hki12/. I examined the xml document data file and the source-code is shown below: HLURL:Address>http://re1hki12/</HLURL:Address> <HLURL:SubAddress></HLURL:SubAddress> <HLURL:Default>0</HLURL:Default> <HLURL:AbsoluteURL>http://re1hki12/? ...

Access 2002 front end works fine in full version
Folks, originally posted 2 days ago. Since then, I tried running in the runtime environment on my computer, again performs flawlessly, but fails on machines imaged with runtime version..... I work for a government department with strict controls on the computer and network. I have built an Access 2003 (2000 file format) DB that has a front and back end. The front end has a switch and user toolbar, and the majority of the app works fine. The front end performs flawlessly on my machine with a full version. The major data entry screen has a series of fields and a subform wi...

How do I create a working clock in Excel 2000?
I would like to create or install a working clock or timer in Excel 2000 that can be used in formulas. ...

publisher keeps locking when I change page set up
When I change the page set up, eg: put in more pages or change to a booklet, the programme locks up. Can't close or anything. Have to end programme with the task manager. Only just started to do this since I installed upgrades from Microsoft. Any ideas? Which version of Publisher and which updates? JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "Dishar220" wrote: > When I change the page set up, eg: put in more pages or change to a booklet, > the programme locks up. Can't close or anything. Have to end programme with > the task manager. Only just started to do this sinc...

Exchange 2003 version
X-No-archive: yes Hi, all. How i get the current version of my Exchange 2003 server installation? (Service pack, hotfixes, etc.) Thanks If you go into Exchange System Manager, and click on the Servers container, you will see the information you are looking for in the right-hand pane, Hotfixes can normally be found in Add/Remove Programs. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Hugo" <bucheta@x-mail.net> wrote in message news:bf294401.0407250924.4a4164df@posting.google.com... > X-No-archive: yes > > Hi, all. > How...

Enterprise Reporting 5.5 XP sp 2
I'm looking for documentation that states whether or not Enterprise Reporting version 5.5 runs on XP SP2. I'm having trouble locating this if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. Thanks! Matt ...