Which versions of Publisher work with XP?

I tried to install my old version of Publisher (the one that came with my
Gateway, with Windows 95) and it wasn't compatible with XP.  I don't use it
very much, just to make cassette and CD labels, so I don't want to pay top
price for a new one. I would rather buy an older, used version from eBay.
Which are the versions of Publisher that would work with XP?   Also, I never
bought used software before.  Is there some kind of built in thing that
prevents a second buyer from installing it?

--
Dave Schwartz
Commack, NY

0
who4ever (59)

if you don't want to spend any money - take a closer look
into your upgrade of Word - you should be able to print
those labels in their as well  - don't make a purchase for
only one item - Publisher can do an awful lot if you let
it - I have put together entire books - but save yourself
aggravation and print the labels on Word if you don't use
it for anything else
al

0
anonymous (74717)
12/1/2003 4:02:59 AM
Dave, you don't say which version of Publisher you are trying to use on XP.
All versions from Publisher 95 will comfortably run on XP and possibly ver.
2.0 as well, but I have not tried it.

donotknock (1942)
12/1/2003 7:13:32 AM
Dave Schwartz wrote:
> I tried to install my old version of Publisher (the one that came
> with my Gateway, with Windows 95) and it wasn't compatible with XP.
> I don't use it very much, just to make cassette and CD labels, so I
> don't want to pay top price for a new one. I would rather buy an
> older, used version from eBay. Which are the versions of Publisher
> that would work with XP?   Also, I never bought used software before.
> Is there some kind of built in thing that prevents a second buyer
> from installing it?

Why are you reposting? See replies to your first post - posting again an
hour later will not endear you to anyone.

0
bastet (136)
12/1/2003 1:26:49 PM
Cassandra/Haggard Aggie/Horrible Agnes/Amethyst/Sarah/Black Allis/Molester
Bastet or whatever you are calling your warped personality today, why don't
you just stay in your cave.  You are a lonely sad old witch.

donotknock (1942)

US version of money 04, to aussie vers. ,Will it convert?
I've just upgraded from M2000 to M04 ,with great difficulty ,I kept getting incompatible vers error ,I transferred what I could via QIF files ,finally got it to work losing reports and other stuff. It turns out I really did have a US version I thought was an Aussie(Australian) version, I Bought it at a swap meet.(buyer beware). My Question is will I be able to convert back it to an Aussie version in a few years,or will I run into the same problem again? Jan S Unless things radically change in how international versions of Money are designed, the drill will be exactly the same. &quo...

publisher cannot find my printer
I have set up a new Brother MFC printer. All other applications (word, excel etc..)print fine on it. However Publisher comes back with a message that there is no printer for publisher to use and that i must install one or more printers before it will print. anyone help with this?? The printer may new out of the box but there may be an updated printer driver on the Manufacturer's website. -- Don Vancouver USA "rmbigpond" <rmbigpond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E92036D-8017-4A9C-8BD2-59FA2C786469@microsoft.com... >I have set up a new Brother...

Downloading Trial Version
I have downloaded and ran the installation software that appears on my Desktop several times and Publisher never shows up in any of the program files or on my Desktop or Start Menu, etc. I have also searched the computer for it. It is important that I have Publisher asap in order to finish a project for a college class... Any suggestions greatly appreciated! ...

Windows 98 and XP Professional
I recently had AOL on both these computers, since then I have changed to high speed access, cable. I have removed the AOL program, and all related AOL files but the AOL icon still appears in upper right hand corner when I open either Outlook or Outlook Express instead of the Windows Icon. Appreciate anyone that can help me get rid of this annoying icon? Thank you ...

Setup cannot remove the older version of Microsoft Office Pro 2010
With Windows 7 Ult (X64), I have MS Office Ult 2007 (X86) installed. I am trying to install MS Office Pro 2010 (X86). I selected an 'upgrade' install and it failed with the subject line message. I then tried to uninstall Office 2007 from control panel; same result. Log shows: Description Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Problem signature Problem Event Name: Office12Setup Problem Signature 01: {91140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} Problem Signature 02: 14.0.4763.1000 Problem Signature...

SP1A on version 8.0
I just installed sp1a on version 8.0 The problem is the users that do not have admin rights get a message you do not have rights to run this application. They are set up as power users and all was well before the service pack upgrade. Would like to keep these user out of the admin group ...

Publisher 2007 #20
I have a Publisher Document that was created by someone else. Is there a way to find out where the pictures came from? Like folder/personal/summer? Thank you. Might get some information by opening the Graphics Manager, other than that I can only suggest your asking the sender for the information. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Aislinn Gettings" <Aislinn Gettings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1781A01F-842A-471D-8F5F-AFA6BE4CB9DE@microsoft.com... >I have a Publisher Document tha...

I have a pre-loaded version of Money2002 but....
.....I would like to know if I can successfully install it on my (soon to be purchsed) new notebook. I have the Cert. of Authenticity. Any ideas? -- Darren Your original computer should have come with a set of install disks for all the preloaded programs. If you still have these disks, you should be able to install Money on your new notebook. Also, you might see if Microsoft Works comes with your new laptop. Most times, the latest version of Money is included as well and you won't need to install the older version unless you like it better. "Darren Vaughan" <Darre...

MS Publisher 2003 irritatingly freezing all the time
Hi everyone I am running into a very frustrating issue with Publisher. I am a Publisher first time user. I am running Win XP with Office 2003 on it. I can open Publisher files (with some delay but that is not the real issue) but whenever I try to edit it, for example, I double click on a text box to edit it, the program freezes, sometimes it allows me in the text box after about 5-10 minutes of freeze, sometimes it does not and I have to kill the process from Task Manager. I initially thought that the problem was that my file was too big, it is 245 MB. So I created another publisher file...

Which version is the current version
PLease confirm which is the current latest fully released version of CRM is it 4.0 or still 3.0 ? Dave CRM 4.0 is the latest version although different companies are still working with CRM 3.0. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

SharedFolderScript registry in Outlook XP SP3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C58FD1.8E2826A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I created some forms which will be used to view email with particular = "MessageClass" defined. In Outlook 2003, when I click the email with that "MessageClass" in = shared mailbox, these emails cannot be viewed using the form = corresponding to. So I add a registry key "SharedFolderScript" in " = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security ". The ...

Clipart does not show in Publisher documents
I have an end-user that is not able to see some of her clipart within Publisher documents. When connected to her machine via RA or RDC I can see the graphics with no problem at all...sounds familiar? I have ran a repair of Office XP and when she saved 1 of them in 98 format and then converted it back it worked for a few days but not working again. Upgrade the video driver in your user's computer. Try this to see if this is indeed the problem. Slide the acceleration down on the adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this solves the is...

Windows Live version 12
I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank you -- Jennifer I don't like version 14 either. If you find where to get version 12 please post back here. thank you. "Jennifer" <jennifer@discussions.microsoft> wrote in message news:B2BA351D-A163-4DE1-9C56-36F6539521C5@microsoft.com... > I can't get used to the latest version of Live Mail (v14?) but liked the > previous one (12). Is there any possible it can still be obtained? Thank > you >...

CString not working as advertised
I recently got hold of a copy of VS 2005, and I've been playing around with writing a VC++ MFC application that needs to convert some CString values to C character strings, in order to pass them to a C function. I'm having trouble doing that, and I can't seem to find good info about the problem. The examples given in the MFC library fail miserably most fo the time-- even for simple stuff that I'd expect to work without a hitch. For instance, I can't do this: CString kindOfFruit = "bananas"; .... because I get "error C2440: 'initializing' : ...

Fail to load debug version of a DLL
Hi. I want to get some log messages from a DLL, so after the installation of the product I replace the release version of that DLL with its debug version. It's used during Widows authentication and first time it must be loaded by 'winlogon.exe'. After restarting machine an error occures presumably at the step of Windows authentication, stating, that the abovementioned DLL failed to load. I've checked the 2 versions of it (debug and release) with DependencyWalker, they both are dependent on the the same modules... So, the question is somewhat abstract: what are the main reasons...

Printing in Publishe
Hi, I created 5 pages file and I cant print the all 5 pages at once. actually I would like to print them as PDF and to keep them at the same order. how can I do it, help!!! -- Thanks, YaYa Your pages should remain in order no matter what printer you use. What PDF program are you using? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "yaya" <yaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96D2541D-AFE8-4AAF-80D4-8FDAB4155696@microsoft.com... > Hi, I created 5 pages file and I cant print the all 5 pages at once. actually > I would like to print them as PDF and to keep ...

Is Publisher the right tool for my book?
I want to write a beginning piano method. It will have a lot of graphics. Most of them will be examples of music from a few bars, to scales, to complete pieces. I will be creating the music in a notation program called Mozart. I am also creating some line art (keyboards, circle of fifths, etc.). I am currently using Visio for that. Both Mozart and Visio can export images in a variety of formats. I am currently using EMF. I have a good start on this using Word (2000). I have used Word for a long time and am fairly familiar with it. I am having some trouble managing the graphics. Someone sugg...

Help files not working in Office 2007
Any time I try to use the help function in any of my Office 2007 products (small business suite) I recieve a message stating there is a problem with one or more of the help files, and to repair installation. I have done this several times both with the disk and with add/remove software, and run diagnostics, but nothing has helped. I am running Windows 7 on a brand new computer. Any ideas? Thanks!!! I am having the same problem except that I am using a 10 year old computer and the HELP files have been loading just fine up to the last week or so. I thought it might have been a ...

Adding Forms from earlier versions
I ues OL 2002. I just downloaded RealEstate Forms that was used in OL 97/98. Can it be used in OL 2002? How can it be installed? IIRC, the add-in forms were a .pst file. Run the .exe and see what happens. I still run the Diary application and I used to run the While You Were Out form from 97/98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I ues OL 2002. I just download...

In Outlook 2007 "save replies with original message" doesn't work
When I send from a folder in a mailbox folder that I've created (i.e., other than the inbox), it does NOT save it to that folder, as it did with my previous 2003 setup. The check box seems to have no effect with 2007. I've unchecked and saved, then rechecked, no change. Reboots don't help. Anyone know of a fix? Can I edit the prefs file directly? Is this a known issue? ...

Sharing publisher files over network
I recently purchased the Microsoft MN-820 wireless package for my home PC's. I am having a strange problem where for some reason I am unable to open MS Publisher files over my home network. All other types of files work fine (i.e. excel, acrobat, word, etc...), but the publisher files give me an error message saying "file is locked because it is currently being used by another program. Please close the other program and then try opening or importing the file again." The problem is that there is no other program open on any other computer. I also cannot...

2003 version to 2000 version
I created a file using publisher 2003 on my laptop, emailed it to work, where I have publisher 2000, and now I can't open it. Is there any way to open this on my machine at work? The only way you can open it is by save the file as a Publisher 2000 file format. You will have to go to a machine that has Publisher 2003 on it and go to File > Save As and change the file save as type to Publisher 2000. Note that there may be some formatting loss going to a legacy version. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

need to change the buttons to XP style
hi all i have made an application with some modal and modaless property sheet also modal and modaless dialogbox.. in that i have some buttons and combox box in it.. when i tried running the application in XP system.. it does nt change the button or combo in to XP style.. then i included a manifest file to change the look to XP style.. for modal propertysheet and dilalog box the buttons and combo has changed to XP style.. but for modaless propertysheet and dialog box the buttons are black in color anything i have missed??.. any help plz its urgent Thanks in advance!! Lion ...

Bank One Download is not working

Publisher and Acrobat 8
I have a user who has Publisher 2003. She uses it to produce calendars for delivery of media to schools. Yesterday I installed Acrobat 8 on her machine. Now none of the lines show up in her calendars, even when she creates a new one. I should also say she uses the understated calendar template. Any help would be much appreciated. Try updating her video drivers. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "BOCES Tech Guy" <BOCES Tech Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53195FD7-8DE9-4CE0-...