When I use no margins, white edges still appear in printing. How .

How do I get rid of these white edges when printing on a laser printer?

Hi Pub (Pub @discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| How do I get rid of these white edges when printing on a laser
|| printer?

Because your printer cannot print to the edge. This is a limitation of your
printer, and Publisher can only print to the printer's limitations.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

double sided printing
At our office we have a printer that does double sided printing. We are trying to set up our reports to print out double sided. The problem that we seem to be having is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print job and therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel to print one worksheet on one side of the page and the next worksheet on the other side. If you have two pages in one worksheet then you can get those to print double sided but the problem there is that Excel then assigns these two pages the same page number. So my question is this... Is there any way to get ...

print selected text OL2003
hey folks been beating my head on wall for a few days now any one knows a way to set printing options/styles to print selected text in a message ? this is for MS Outlook 2003. thanks no, it's an all or nothing deal. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: ...

Printing Color-Coded Worksheet in Black & White Mode in Excel 2003
I work with farily complex Excel worksheets which require print outs as both hard copy and PDF. I normally keep the formatting as they are and select [Black and White] in [Page Setup] [Sheet], as this preserves the integrity of the financial model while printing out a clean copy for the enduser. However, this function basically converts everyting color-coded to black & white, including cell shading patterns; I normally accentuate certain important cells by shading them in black and using a white font color. While I want the output to be black & white, I do want to preserve this p...

margins?
I am printing on to the back of a postcard for a mailing and the text boxes look great on the screen, but when I print out the actual card, and inch of margin is gone and not printing what I see on the screen. The card is 3.5 x 5.5 and I have Page setup set for those numbers as well... Hi Traci (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I am printing on to the back of a postcard for a mailing || and the text boxes look great on the screen, but when I || print out the actual card, and inch of margin is gone and || not printing what I see on the scr...

Have you used the Archiving module from Retail Realm?
Hi all Has anyone used the Archiving module from Retail Realm and if so what are your thoughts.. experiences? thanks for your time ...

Using iif to choose which address to display
I have an access table of alumni for my university, and it stores both their home and their business address. there is another field that is a dropdown box that you can choose which they prefer to recieve their mail at. now, i print out reports that basically makes labels out of them so i can mail out to people. im trying to write an iif statement, or somehow create reports that will check the value in prefaddr (home or work), and then based on that display all the corresponding address fields, either waddress, wcity, wstate, and wzip, or haddress, hcity, hstate, and hzip. i've tried m...

Using bcc
I have sent an email some weeks ago and some of the addresses were in the bcc field. I now want to send another email to the same people but when I open the sent email in Outlook I can't see who I sent it to. I appreciate that if I was the recipient I shouldn't see the names but as it was me that sent the email I thought it would show who the email had gone to. Am I wrong? If not how do I view the addresses? Thanks Tony Tony Williams <tw@invalid.com> wrote: > I have sent an email some weeks ago and some of the addresses were in > the bcc field. I now want to send ...

Print random invoices from multiple batches in one step
Hi, I am looking for a way to print random invoices (invoice #s separted by commas) in one step. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks If you are on v10, you can use the Sales Transactions List from the Navigation Bar (Click on Sales, then select All Sales Transactions) to pick specific invoice numbers. You may then click on the Print Documents option under the Actions toolbar on the ribbon to print those specific documents. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at...

Chart Using Days of the Week
How do I get Excel to construct a chart using x-axis data labels of Mon.-Fri from a time formatted range of cells? TIA Great Optimism, Dutch Driver Hi right-click on the axis and choose a custom format like DDD -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dutch Driver wrote: > How do I get Excel to construct a chart using x-axis data labels of > Mon.-Fri from a time formatted range of cells? > > TIA > > Great Optimism, > > Dutch Driver ...

Maintaining Text Box Font Setting (Excel) using VB
Hi, Everyone - I've run into this issue, and I can seem to figure it out. In my spreadsheet, I've included several text boxes at the bottom of the pages. The VB code I also have included is, when the pages are printed, alternately place a "P" in the text boxes. Then I formatted the text boxes to use WingDings II so that checkmarks SHOULD appear in the boxes. I've also included code that would (1) unprotect the sheet; (2) print the pages with the text boxes; and (3) reprotect the sheet. What keeps on happening is that, for some unknown reason (at least to me),...

Lifetime Planner still has loan payments after loan ends
I have a home loan that Lifetime Planner still has loan payments after loan ends in the forecast "what expenses will I have" screen. If I show "when will my loans be paid off" it shows it correctly paid in the correct year 2037. Stranger still is that say my payment is 1300 which includes 250 prop tax and 50 ins. I thougth well yes you would still have to pay the 300 a month even after you pay off the loan right. But the load amount after payoff for 2037 is 1400 a year so that isnt right either. ...

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

Pocket PC - Money 2004
Hello, My hard-drive crashed on my computer and I had to install a new one. The only workable backup file I have for my Microsoft Money is on my Pocket PC. Is there a way for me to use the file on my Pocket PC on my new computer? I tried http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/276.aspx and it's not working. Maybe that tutorial was designed for a newer version of Microsoft Money? JJ The readme, which the article is based on, has been around for a while. In any case, the data on your client will almost surely be incomplete. -- Michael Gordon MVP "JJ" <JJ@discussions.mic...

outlook 2000 changing msg class using utility?
Hi- this message is in 3 parts DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT I work for a small nonprofit group for pastors and outreach organization leaders who meet once monthly as well as have an annual "love your city" churches responding to neibourhood needs (free pop/ bbqs/ repair roofs/ clean up yards) event......so need distribution centers for promo items, ect ... comprehensive new form I have permission from our Tech person to change all our contacts to this form..... we'v backed up the hard-drive to cds, saved existing format of contacts to excell files so OBJECTIVES..KEEPING ...

Printing #4
Hi all, I have a problem printing landscape and portrait ranges in the same worksheet.Does anyone know how to do it? PeterD -- peterD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peterD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375524 Do two different File|Print's. One for Landscape and the other for Portrait. peterD wrote: > > Hi all, > I have a problem printing landscape and portrait ranges in the same > worksheet.Does anyone kno...

get the text string appear the most times !
Hi, all ! Sorry abt posting this question many time, but I think I gave a hard understanding question before. In my report, I need to get the value of a group of records that appear the most times. For example: I have a text "Sushi" appears in my report 10 times, "Nobashi" appears 20 times, "shrimp" 5 times ---> my desire that is a textbox show "Nobashi" as result. Hope this way is easer to understand my problem. Any suggestion for this ? Thanks with appreciated of all ur time. Luan. ...

Making a chart that uses a secondary Y axis
Hi, I'm having trouble creating a chart that has three types of data, perhaps I'd better explain. I'm trying to chart the progress of a project over time that's simple enough, but I want to add to the chart the amount of estimated hours each part of the project is going to take, so my chart should be something like Y1 axis = % completed, X axis = name of subproject, Y2 axis = estimated hours for subproject. I have gotten as far as doing this in a line chart but I want to make the Y2 axis a bar chart that extends behind the lines for the subprojects, can anyone tell me how I c...

button "use offline folder" missing
Hi, in my outlook 2002 xp client the button "use offline folder" seems to be gone. After some digging on the internet, one of the possible solutions seemed to be to remove the terminal services (at least for office 2000). After stopping them (can't find a way to remove them completely), still no luck. How do i get this button back? Is there any solution besides doing a complete reinstall of my laptop? I need the offline storage folders since I'm not always online, and still want to have maximum mail funcionality. Thanx for any answers! Jos ...

Form Validation using multiple Yes/No boxes
I have created a form which contains multiple Yes/No boxes. I wish to store the value of the records (both selected and not selected) in two separate tables. The "Yes" value records will be stored in my "Closed" table and the "No" value records will be stored in the "Open" table. I created a button which will open a pop-up dialog box for the user to enter a comment. I tried adding the code below to that button, but it only stores the first No (open) and the first Yes (closed) records. How can I have it loop through all the records on the screen...

Bringing variables from Excel to be used in Microsoft Query
I just started using Microsoft Query and it looks like it does a good job. However, I want it to pass over a special number that represents the number of seconds after 1/1/1970. What I do is create the value using date functions to get the current date then subtract and multiply to get the value. Now I'm trying to figure out how to modifiy Microsoft Query to read that value that's in that cell. Anyone know how I can do that? ...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

How to use autofilter in excel with formula reference changing
Hi, I have a table A B C 1 forro 120 2 ment 80 40 3 forro 50 30 4 ment 40 10 5 ment 30 10 6 forro 20 10 7 forro 10 10 8 forro 5 5 Starting from C2, the column C has a formula (=B1-B2) result = 40; (=B2-B3) result = 30; etc... When I apply autofilter the formula in cell C keeps the original information (=B1-B2), and I would like to have a formula to change and shows de result as below (=B1-B3) result = 70; (=B3-B6) result = 30; etc... A B C 1 forro 120 3 forro 50 70 6 forro 20 30 7 forro 10 10 8 forro 5 5 The objective is to have a formula considering jus...

Client Area for printing
How can I set up my client area so that it matches the size of a printing page? -- Just Al "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39901C39-732C-4BA2-A11A-A46577BED912@microsoft.com... > How can I set up my client area so that it matches the size of a printing > page? I am not entirely sure what bit of information you're lacking here. The client area is the area of a window which you are responsible for drawing. Document windows are usually resizable. The document itself may know about the printer page for which it is formatted. When y...

using excel to compare two worksheets
I have two work sheets, one worksheet "RASTER" contains data like: 458 688 689 1208 1209 1651 1847 1848 2403 2404 2606 2616 2675 2677 6121 6609 6690 6691 and the other worksheet PRO-E contains data like: 689 1209 2616 2677 2830 2869 2870 2873 6695 7014 7399 8575 9098 9747 13405 13529 15992 16196 as you can see the two lists contain values with exact matches and also don't have matches. What I want to do is combine or compare the two worksheets and only show me what does not match. I only am concerned with keeping none matching values from worksheet RASTER. Thanks. Rodney...

Find byte pattern in file (still desperate for solution)
I'm still desperately looking for a solution to this question. I need a very intelligent way to find an array of bytes within a file, but not only that preferably a regex expression of sorts. For example my database has around 50,000 regex entries such as "FFFF.*BB0403.*FF" that I want to turn into a byte array then search for. I understand how to go about writing my own code for this, however it is a little over my head when we're dealing with searching so many patterns against many files while trying to be speedy about the operation. Does anyone have any g...