What was lost is found

Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I
reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could
not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I
was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't
ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each
application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good
enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few
features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc.

But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned up -- on
the boat.

My mother always said that inanimate objects have minds of their own and
will wander off from time to time but they come back. But I didn't think
this one was going on a sailing holiday. I hope it is well rested.

0
Gogarty (19)

I'm jealous - your software is having more fun than I am.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gogarty" <Gogarty@Clongowes.edu> wrote in message
> Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I
> reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could
> not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I
> was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't
> ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each
> application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good
> enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few
> features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc.
>
> But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned up -- on
> the boat.
>
> My mother always said that inanimate objects have minds of their own and
> will wander off from time to time but they come back. But I didn't think
> this one was going on a sailing holiday. I hope it is well rested.

0
jl_paules (2767)

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

macro cannot be found
I created a macro and called it Timestamp_on_save. It was originally supposed to populate a cell with the current time and date upon hitting the 'save' button. Originally I created the simple macro for one particular file but unfortunately, it began to run every time I had any Excel file open, not just the file for which it was created. I have been trying to delete/disable this macro but now I cannot even find it. I get an error message every time I hit the save button saying it cannot find the macro but, if that were the case, why would I even get an error message. When I try...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Help...Server not found issue, strange
Hi, I'm trying to install SFO on a computer in the domain logged in with domain admin. I'm able to use the web interface but the SFO install gives me the error that it does not find the server and server components, even if I direct it to the IP, http://sameservername as www client. The same goes for the Workflow wizards, they can't find the server, even if I'm logged in with domain admin which is user in the CRM (worked before for one day and no changes done since). I'm totally giving up and seriously rethinking the CRM strategy for the company. Too many problem...

Server could not be found in Outlook
I can receive / send e-mail messages on another program - but does not work in Outlook. Error message: Server could not be found SMTP server:freeserve Ox800ccc0d and Server could not be found Freeserve POP3 server 0x800ccc0d ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Images and Style sheets not found
I'm just in the process of moving my development environment from XP and IIS 6 to Win 7 and IIS 7. I am experiencing a problem with style sheets and images. In the master page I have a link to the style sheet: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Style/Style.css" /> and in the page I have some image controls with links such as this: <asp:ImageButton ID="img" runat="server" ImageURL="~/images/logo.gif" PostBackURL="~/default.aspx" /> On IIS 6 these work OK an the images are displayed...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

"Entry Point Not Found" message
Receiving the following message in a blue box when opening Outlook 2002. I have to click "ok" many times to make disappear. Then, Outlook seems to work ok. What is problem and how do I fix? Thanks! Message: Outlook Today-MS Outlook:Outlook.EXE-Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL Donwload and install the latest version of MDAC from the Microsoft website. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipst...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

IVR10015.DAYTOEXP column not found
I am doing an upgrade of GP from version 7.5 to 8.0 (eventually going to 9.0) on a test server. I am running into an issue where when I try to run the GP Utilities to upgrade the companies after installing GP8.0 Service Pack 4A, I get a message saying that the DAYTOEXP column cannot be found. I looked in the mfg_update.cmp SQL script and I can see that the script is trying to add the INCL_EXP_TO_ENG column to IVR10015, but it appears to be expecting the DAYTOEXP column to already be in this table, but it is not. When is the DAYTOEXP column added to IVR10015? I checked our GP7.5 environ...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

newsgroup access lost
Hi y'all, I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line directions. I used the newsgroup and shut the program. Somewhere along the way it disappeared. I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing (completely). I tried a repair. No good. Any suggestions? Thanks. Robert Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You should then be able to add it again. Also see the following for more options; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express
I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them back? >-----Original Message----- >I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. >That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook >Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them >back? >. >I have just upgraded also, I have the problem when I export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Offi...

Lost Email after Uninstall
I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup my emails. Did I really loose my email or did Microsoft's uninstall program leave the email file somewhere. I have looked for .pst and ..dbx files but can't find any. Thanks, strad Uninstalling never removes your PST file. Keep looking. Make sure you've enabled the display and search of hidden folders. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "strad" <stradwork@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c90a0f78.0310300748.3897db85@posting.google.com... > I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup...

Lost my Newsreader in Outlook 2003
Installed Outlook 2003; everything went fine. Added the newsreader to the standard toolbar...ie. Go>>News by clicking on the toolbars ...customize...go...news. this went fine. Shutdown my computer..brought it home. Opened up outlook NO newsreader !! And it's nowwhere to be found on the customize..commands menu. !!! I tried detect/ and repair. I tried resetting all toolbars. Nothing works. Before I completely remove Office 2003 and reinstall I hope someone might have a solution. Regards, Adam Close Outlook - find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook. --� Milly Stapl...

outlook error: entry point ont found
hello i am having problems with outlook ( im running xp pro ) when i try to run outlook i get this error message: Microsoft outlook. outlook EXE entry point not found. the procedure entry point getiUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library. ive uninstalled /installed again ,but to no avail. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou very much . Regards georgie ...

lost data....lost person!
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Lost "News" icon from computer
When installing the Newsgroup icon to my toolbar I placed it on the toolbar instead of under the "Go" grouping. So I went back and took it off the toolbar to then place it under the "Go" grouping, but when I go to the "commands" tab in the customize toolbar tool, "News" is no longer there as an option to pick from. How to I get it back as an option to put on my toolbar under the "Go" grouping. I am running Outlook 2007 on that computer. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in 'Control Panel|Internet Options&...

Server Not Found
I have a F.E./B.E. setup running and have 2 medium sized issues. First, the queue to my backend server is filling with messages, but the queue status is "Destination Server Does Not Exist", this is very generic and as far as I can tell the FE and BE can talk just fine (browse files, map drives, etc&hellip;) , what gives?? Second, I am having trouble setting up TLS for SMTP, any guides, step-by-step, etc&hellip; would be helpful. Thanks, --Kevin "Kevin Queen" <kqueen@cedardoc.com> wrote: >I have a F.E./B.E. setup running and have 2 medium sized issues. Fi...

Lost my Original Styles
I somehow lost all of my default/standard Styles in Word! I am left with one that was created for a large document. I have no idea how this happened! Since you cannot delete the built-in styles, this must be a view issue. Note that recent versions of Word allow you to specify exactly which styles to show and which to hide. Which version are you using? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "NeedAnswerForBoss" <NeedAnswerForBoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C6F845D-5F00-4470-B403-47FA6702E2CC@microsoft.com... >I somehow lost all of m...

Formatting Lost in Bulk Emails
Why is formatting lost when sending bulk email to large lists? I used a template that I created from scratch. I then sent that template to about 600 leads. I started getting responses and I noticed the formatting (carriage returns) were taken out. So there were no spaces between paragraphs, it looked TERRIBLE! When I send that same template to a single lead, all formatting (carriage returns) stays. Why does this only happen to bulk emails? Also, if I send a bulk email out BUT I use a pre-created template, formatting stays. So why is formatting lost when I send a user created tem...