What is the best way to save Publisher images to show others?

 Say I set up a flyer or business card and want to email it to someone who
doesn't have the program (to open a publisher file).  Maybe doesn't even
have Word or any of the Office programs. All I can see is save as Word doc
type files (except publisher) To show the person what I'm doing with the
flyer, business card, etc.

  Now, I've been using Paint Shop Pro to screen capture the picture,
cropping it, saving it as a jpg, to email. Seems like I once tried
copy/paste between Pub and PSP and it didn't work. Though I know copy/paste
will work between Word and PSP.

   Maybe the picture can be exported to PSP or something from Publisher?

  There might be something faster and easier I'm not aware of.  There
usually is (LOL)

  ~ Carrie

0
starchild1 (144)

Carrie wrote:
> Say I set up a flyer or business card and want to email
> it to someone who doesn't have the program (to open a
> publisher file).  Maybe doesn't even have Word or any of
> the Office programs. All I can see is save as Word doc
> type files (except publisher) To show the person what I'm
> doing with the flyer, business card, etc.
>
>  Now, I've been using Paint Shop Pro to screen capture
> the picture, cropping it, saving it as a jpg, to email.
> Seems like I once tried copy/paste between Pub and PSP
> and it didn't work. Though I know copy/paste will work
> between Word and PSP.
>
>   Maybe the picture can be exported to PSP or something
> from Publisher?
>
>  There might be something faster and easier I'm not aware
> of.  There usually is (LOL)
>
>  ~ Carrie
========================
My choice is to create a .pdf file.

Try this...

Download and install the following free PDF Creator.

PrimoPDF
http://www.primopdf.com/

With your new program installed...open your project
in Publisher and go to...File / Print.

On your Print screen...open the drop window and
select PrimoPDF as your printer.

Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen
and you can browse to a save folder.

When you click...OK..your .pdf file will be created
in your save folder.

The resulting .pdf file can be viewed on any computer
that has the free Adobe Reader installed.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
12/31/2005 4:51:11 PM
  That's an idea. I've never done much with PDF, except for opening these
files myself

  I have a program someone once gave me, I've never done much with (I looked
at it and it seemed like Publisher, which I'm learning and I stuck with that
for now)  Serif PagePlus 8 PDF. This sounds like it makes PDF files, too.
All of them can be openned with Acrobat readers?  For awhile I thought one
had to buy a very expensive program to create PDF files.

     I've been trying to decide what to do with the afternoon (I'm home
alone and feels like a luxury to let boring chores just go) now I think I'll
play with PDF files.

    Thanks!

     I keep reading posts here, questions others are asking and getting
answered, I should print out the answers (notes) and put them altogether
somewhere for my own personal use.  I feel like a sponge (learning) I'm
actually starting to remember and apply this, too.

    ~ Carrie

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Carrie wrote:
> > Say I set up a flyer or business card and want to email
> > it to someone who doesn't have the program (to open a
> > publisher file).  Maybe doesn't even have Word or any of
> > the Office programs. All I can see is save as Word doc
> > type files (except publisher) To show the person what I'm
> > doing with the flyer, business card, etc.
> >
> >  Now, I've been using Paint Shop Pro to screen capture
> > the picture, cropping it, saving it as a jpg, to email.
> > Seems like I once tried copy/paste between Pub and PSP
> > and it didn't work. Though I know copy/paste will work
> > between Word and PSP.
> >
> >   Maybe the picture can be exported to PSP or something
> > from Publisher?
> >
> >  There might be something faster and easier I'm not aware
> > of.  There usually is (LOL)
> >
> >  ~ Carrie
> ========================
> My choice is to create a .pdf file.
>
> Try this...
>
> Download and install the following free PDF Creator.
>
> PrimoPDF
> http://www.primopdf.com/
>
> With your new program installed...open your project
> in Publisher and go to...File / Print.
>
> On your Print screen...open the drop window and
> select PrimoPDF as your printer.
>
> Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen
> and you can browse to a save folder.
>
> When you click...OK..your .pdf file will be created
> in your save folder.
>
> The resulting .pdf file can be viewed on any computer
> that has the free Adobe Reader installed.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

0
starchild1 (144)
12/31/2005 6:17:52 PM
PDF files are great for people who don't have the program that made a
document. And I've recommended PrimoPDF many times to fellow guild
newsletter editors. This allows us to send newsletters electronically and
save postage. Small non-profit groups don't have a lot of extra cash and
saving a few dollars on printing and mailing costs helps.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carrie" <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> wrote in message

>  That's an idea. I've never done much with PDF, except for opening these
> files myself
>
>  I have a program someone once gave me, I've never done much with (I
> looked
> at it and it seemed like Publisher, which I'm learning and I stuck with
> that
> for now)  Serif PagePlus 8 PDF. This sounds like it makes PDF files, too.
> All of them can be openned with Acrobat readers?  For awhile I thought one
> had to buy a very expensive program to create PDF files.
>
>     I've been trying to decide what to do with the afternoon (I'm home
> alone and feels like a luxury to let boring chores just go) now I think
> I'll
> play with PDF files.
>
>    Thanks!
>
>     I keep reading posts here, questions others are asking and getting
> answered, I should print out the answers (notes) and put them altogether
> somewhere for my own personal use.  I feel like a sponge (learning) I'm
> actually starting to remember and apply this, too.
>
>    ~ Carrie
>
> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>> Carrie wrote:
>> > Say I set up a flyer or business card and want to email
>> > it to someone who doesn't have the program (to open a
>> > publisher file).  Maybe doesn't even have Word or any of
>> > the Office programs. All I can see is save as Word doc
>> > type files (except publisher) To show the person what I'm
>> > doing with the flyer, business card, etc.
>> >
>> >  Now, I've been using Paint Shop Pro to screen capture
>> > the picture, cropping it, saving it as a jpg, to email.
>> > Seems like I once tried copy/paste between Pub and PSP
>> > and it didn't work. Though I know copy/paste will work
>> > between Word and PSP.
>> >
>> >   Maybe the picture can be exported to PSP or something
>> > from Publisher?
>> >
>> >  There might be something faster and easier I'm not aware
>> > of.  There usually is (LOL)
>> >
>> >  ~ Carrie
>> ========================
>> My choice is to create a .pdf file.
>>
>> Try this...
>>
>> Download and install the following free PDF Creator.
>>
>> PrimoPDF
>> http://www.primopdf.com/
>>
>> With your new program installed...open your project
>> in Publisher and go to...File / Print.
>>
>> On your Print screen...open the drop window and
>> select PrimoPDF as your printer.
>>
>> Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen
>> and you can browse to a save folder.
>>
>> When you click...OK..your .pdf file will be created
>> in your save folder.
>>
>> The resulting .pdf file can be viewed on any computer
>> that has the free Adobe Reader installed.
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Inzer

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
12/31/2005 7:03:03 PM
Carrie wrote:
>  That's an idea. I've never done much with PDF, except
> for opening these files myself
>
>  I have a program someone once gave me, I've never done
> much with (I looked at it and it seemed like Publisher,
> which I'm learning and I stuck with that for now)  Serif
> PagePlus 8 PDF. This sounds like it makes PDF files, too.
> All of them can be openned with Acrobat readers?  For
> awhile I thought one had to buy a very expensive program
> to create PDF files.
>
>     I've been trying to decide what to do with the
> afternoon (I'm home alone and feels like a luxury to let
> boring chores just go) now I think I'll play with PDF
> files.
>
>    Thanks!
=============================
=============================
PrimoPDF is very simple...just print
my instructions and give it a try.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
12/31/2005 8:14:56 PM
> Carrie wrote:
>>  That's an idea. I've never done much with PDF, except
>> for opening these files myself
>>
>>  I have a program someone once gave me, I've never done
>> much with (I looked at it and it seemed like Publisher,
>> which I'm learning and I stuck with that for now)  Serif
>> PagePlus 8 PDF. This sounds like it makes PDF files, too.
>> All of them can be openned with Acrobat readers?  For
>> awhile I thought one had to buy a very expensive program
>> to create PDF files.  I've been trying to decide what to do with the
>> afternoon (I'm home alone and feels like a luxury to let
>> boring chores just go) now I think I'll play with PDF
>> files. Thanks!
> =============================
> =============================
> PrimoPDF is very simple...just print my instructions and give it a try.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

Besides, PDF files are much smaller than the Publisher files. Great when
sending e-mail attachments.

0
Chuck

save linking when moving linked text boxes
how do I save linking when moving linked text boxes? I.e., i have a box on page 1 that is linked to a box on page 3. I want to move the second box to page 4 but I want it to maintain the linking. in truth I have added 4 new pages and my cutsom pagination has changed because of the way i'm laying this out for printing. I need to move all the text boxes around. If the text boxes are linked, move just the text and not the boxes; gather the text, Copy, go to the page wanted, Paste. Go back to the original page, gather the text, Cut. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "l...

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

Auto number and save
Hi is it possible to have an incremental numer in a cell ie invoice number also to create macro to save this number as the file name. So every time i enter data in the form it gives it a unique number and save it with that number Mark Mark The following macro saves the workbook under the name of the contents of cell A1 in the same path as the original file. Note that this message may wrap the code over 2 lines. The macro consists of the Sub line, the End Sub line, and only one line in between. Sub SaveTest() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & Rang...

40 column receipt does not show serial number when reprinting
When a transaction is compete on a 40 column receipt, it shows the serial number. When I reprint it it does not show the serial number on a 40 column reprint or a full page. Is there a way to fix it so it shows serial number on all reprinted receipts? ...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

outlook 2003 saves word attachments in a psudo folder
There is a "psudo" folder that apparently holds word attachments that are opened from email attachments within outlook2003. When users open an attached word document directly from within an email message and use file save as to save the document later the default location to save the files is c:\documents and settings\(user account)\local Settings\temporary internet files\OLK??? Where ??? is some number or character string. The saveas dialouge typically shows several word documents in the folder entries but they cannot be opened, saved or deleted. Using the internet explor...

MS Office 2003 Publisher compatibility
I have MS Office 2003 and want to publish to web. I'm looking for a web host service that is compatible. Personal site, maybe small business capable. Thank you, Stv Stv, The F1 key on your keyboard can provide a lot of help. However, Publisher is a desktop publishing program primarily. I suggest that you invest in MS Expressions Web. However, if money is really tight, try the OpenOffice Nvu (it's free) from http://www.nvu.com The best of luck to you! "stv" <stv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76AF6A38-5E01-4105-947C-DEA354FD9703@microsoft.com.....

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

OL2007, Word as editor, right mouse button not showing autocorrection
Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. However, when creating a new email in OL, the Word editor uses the right button for Work | Signatures. Can I get it back to the normal Word modality? TIA, Bill "Bill Davy" <Bill@SynectixLtd.com> wrote in message news:OV4P7gdEKHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right > mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. > > However, whe...

Saving e-mails to computer folders
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap When I save e-mail to the hard drive I have a choice of &quot;Simple Text Format&quot; and &quot;Entourage -mail message&quot;. I always want to use &quot;Entourage -mail message&quot;. Is there anyway to set this up so I don't have to choose every time? It drives me nuts. What is your reasoning behind saving email to hd? Are you running into a space issue within Entourage and need to relocate data stored on mail server to local system? What type of email accoun...

creating a book in Publisher
I want to create an A5-sized book/booklet in Publisher. I might as well be shooting for the moon. The program's Help feature is unhelpful, and none of the dedicated Publisher books I have bought go near the topic, yet I'm sure it is possible. Will someone out there please put me out of my misery! All I want is a simple guide to creating a 48-page booklet. The first 4 pages will be one format/layout; the remaining pages will be another format/layout and would therefore benefit from using Master Pages. And I want to incorporate an index. Is that so hard? Microsoft seem to thin...

Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?
Tax is 23 % which is h-9 Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9 I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost. So I did =H9*B$11 but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. need an absolute reference to H-7. So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i -- SSVegett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47775 =$H$9*B9 Don't know wher...

appointments not showing in outlook 2002
My future appointments beyond 1 week ahead are not showing in outlook 2002, although the appropriate dates when I have appointments in the future are in bold. So I'm certain the information is "there" somewhere, it's just not showing, although past appointments show up. The whole mess started when I was active-syncing my calendar on PC with calendar on palm treo 700. There's got to be a way to force this information to show up, but I've been trying different ways for a long long time but haven't found a way. I so much need help with this, it's driving me nu...

Saving Excel results to Access
I made a spreadsheet which acts as a scorekeeper for darts. One column you put in what you score and the other colum subtracts the score down from 501. I managed to put in a 'New Game' macro which clears this sheet. Although I also want the newgame to save the scores to a database and the reason for this is that I want to calculate statistics in excel. Such as average score, number of legs played, number of 180's, average checkout, highest checkout etc. I'd be able to do this quite easily, but first I must figure out how to get the scores saved into access after each game is co...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

How can I save embedded files as gifs
I use Outlook. When I try to save an embedded gif file by right click/save files I can only get the option to save a s BMP. How can I change this? Empty your Temporary Internet Files and try again. "Royalscotty" wrote: > I use Outlook. When I try to save an embedded gif file by right click/save > files I can only get the option to save a s BMP. How can I change this? ...

Error saving a Shared Workbook
I have a user using a shared workbook and gets an error everytime she does this ONE specific change. She deletes a line and then saves and gets a message that says, "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be shutdown by Windows... blah blah blah". If she makes anyother type of changes it saves just fine. I also had another user do the SAME change and that person also got that error message. When the file is changed to "Not Shared" then the line is deleted it saves fine also. The problem is obviously with the file itself and that is shared out. can anybody ...

Rerun a print test in Home Publishing
it ran the print test page but i put in the wrong direction of the printer , how can i get it to rerun the print test again ??? Not much detail to work from here and anyway- HomePublishing is not MS Publisher so you will have to look elswhere and then suplly a lot more detail about your problem. John G. "stacey" <stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08419CEA-6716-47DE-9FA6-F608D73B5D3C@microsoft.com... > it ran the print test page but i put in the wrong direction of the printer > , > how can i get it to rerun the print test again ??? stace...

Can I convert from publisher 2003 to powerpoint 2003?
Well, can I? Jar47 wrote: > Well, can I? Not really. Copy and paste. Why? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Is there a "preferred" way to update properties based on other properties?
Let's say I have a class that represents a rectangle: class Rectangle { private int width; private int height; private int area; public int Width { get { return width; } set { width = value; } } public int Height { get { return height; } set { height= value; } } public int Area { get { return area; } } } Obviously, area does not represent anything based on that. How to best keep area in sync is the purpose of this question. One way would be to simply get rid of the variable area, and make the ...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...