what happened to the table controls

Just upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2003 ... what happened to the control
"buttons" (the small tabs on the outside) on tables that would allow you to
select a row, column or the entire table?
0
RobOdum (3)

Place your cursor close to the row or column you want to highlight, an arrow will
appear.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Rob Odum" <RobOdum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2003 ... what happened to the control
> "buttons" (the small tabs on the outside) on tables that would allow you to
> select a row, column or the entire table?

0
gsauer (5094)

Setting properties of a control on a usercontrol from a page
Hi all, I thought I had done this before, but it seems now, it won't work. I am using C# with .NET 3.5 I have a page. My page has a menu with linkbuttons. I have usercontrols loaded on the page. The UC I am working with is inside a panel on the main page. When I click a specific linkbutton in the main page, a panel inside the UC should now become visible. (It is set to visible=false to start with). in my UC, I have... public Panel CompanyEntry { get { return CompanyEntryPanel; } } In my page, on my button click, I have... uc_company companyPa...

Multiple lines in a simple CEdit control
I am trying to do something that seems like it should be simple but... I am trying to write a multi-line string into an edit control on a dialog box. I form the CString by putting a \n between substrings of text. If I use CWnd::DrawText, the result works as desired, i.e. string1 string 2 etc If I use SetWindowText, the \n is not interpreted as a newline but just another character and I get a single line of text. Is there another way to add newlines in SetWindowText strings? Thanks in advance. Bob Did you set the ES_MULTILINE flag of the edit control? You can do that from the resource...

How do I change the order of my pivot table?
Pivot table results are always in alphabectical order. Is there a way to change this order. For example, I have a report set up that creates an Income Statement with the first dimension being "Income" & "Expense". Expense always comes before Income because E comes before I, but I want it the other way around to reflect an actual Income Statement. Can this be done? In your source table REVERSE the order of the information == DATA > SORT > [Column that determines Income or Expense Item] > DESCENDING. Close your Excel file, then re-open. "NJ_Mike&...

Double Counting in Pivot Tables
I need help :( The data in my spreadsheet is organized as shown below with each numbe representing a column 1. Customer Name 2. Name of Customer's Company 3. Name of specific project with customer (for simplicity think Projec x, Project y...) 4. Internal Consultant assigned to specific engagement (Jim, Jane...) 5. Customer satisfaction rating with our company (Good, Very Good...) My problem is that I need to sort the data in various ways and I a running into a double counting issue. For example, three interna consultants may be assigned to Project x and the customer satisfactio r...

Pivot Tables AND not OR
I have a pivot table, each company may be selected for up to 5 categories, lets say apples, oranges, bananas, kiwi and grape. I have selected all companeis who have ticked apples and grape, but the pivot table show all which have apples or grape or both. I only want to see those which have both. Any ideas? Hi, Let's assume the Companies are in column C2:C100 (the data source, not the pivot table) and the productes in D2:D100 You can create a new column in the source which might look like this in cell E2. Then copy it down. Add this field to the pivot table and then filter on...

Pivot Table Integrity Problems
I have built a spreadsheet and several pivot tables. Each pivot table is based on the first table to save memory. At least twice a week when I try to open the file I get a message "Unable to read". When the file is repaired I get the following results; was discarded due to integrity problems, on every table I have. I am currently using Excel 2000. Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Scott ...

Does this happen to you?
For my Suppliers, I have item numbers set up, when I try and input them into a Purchase Order, the item is missing...there is no item number, and no item... I have to close the Add Item box, and click on Quick Scan to find the item...then it's there, and when I add it, it shows the item number and everything... I am running the latest version as well!!! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

query timing out. how do you stop this from happening?
What can be done to keep a querie from constantly timing out? Almost all my queries and functions are doing this lately as my database grows. Any advice on this is very much welcome. Thanks, MC -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200705/1 ...

Why does it happen?
The following is my code: *********************************** CFile xmlFile; CFileException e; if( !myFile.Open( "test.txt", CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite, &e ) ) { myFile.SeekToBegin(); CString sContent = "abc"; myFile.Write(LPCTSTR(sContent), sContent.GetLength()); myFile.Close(); } ************************************* I open the file using UltraEdit in HEX mode, and found the result: every character is followed by "00"(two zeros). Why? In addition, my OS is a Chinese version of XP. Any help would be appreciate. "mizi" <all@ywzc.n...

Pivot Table Formula Problem
I have a pivot table that has two row fields with a subtotal, and a data field. For example, the first row field is Customer, the second is Product, and the data is a count of that customer’s purchases of that product. The Customer field has a Sum subtotal. What I want is to divide each product count by that customer’s subtotal. I can not figure out how to refer to a subtotal in a pivot table formula, or how to do this if you cannot refer to the subtotal. thank you for any help and suggestions! Heather Excel 2007, PivotTable % of subtotal http://www.mediafire.com/file...

What happened to GM?
Is it true: As goes GM, so goes the country? Now, I know someone in this ng (newsgroup) has independent entrepreneurial skills! I don't care what you say, this thing has been building for at least the last 30 years. Management vs. Labor. Once they finally solved that problem, it was back to business as usual. That would be? Building shoty products and inventory that barely passed as equal to the superior international auto makers. To be honest, the cars didn't even come close to the quality, that the Internationals were or are producing. One good thing can come of this though. ...

Can't see calculated control
I have a calculated control on a report called txttotalID with a record source which is =YTDValue("txtMonth","CountofID","qrypurpose",[txtmonth]) The YTDValue refers to a Module taht calculates YTD figures The rpeorts record source is qrypurpose and the query has the fileds txtmonth and CountofID and that works fine and gives me a value.. I have another calculated control called TotalID where the record source is =Sum([txttotalID]), the txttotalID being my first calculated control. However, when I run the report I get a prompt asking for the value of tx...

dont use XP style control
Is it possible to not use XP styling for one control, but all the others remain using the new style? j "JoeB" <MSforum1@---I-DONT-LIKE-SPAM---Kybert.co.uk> wrote in message news:e9hk4JpHEHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to not use XP styling for one control, but all the others > remain using the new style? SetWindowTheme. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

Pivot Table
Hi, consider an examle of data and a pivot table like in the page of famous jon: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm, namely the most left table in the third row. I want to report all product that have sales above 8000. Other product i do not want to see in the table. I know how to report 3 best products but it is not i need. Thank you riso ...

Strange Happenings
Windows XP Pro clients (2) running Office XP Pro on Exchange server 5.5 When one sends an email it can take up to 3 hours to get to the others inbox, UNLESS you switch views, say go to calendar and then back again and hey presto it works. People using Win2000 Pro and Office 2000 Pro get the email straight away. It seems crazy that it should not show up immediatly like the old NT clinets did on the NT server system. Got me baffled. Anyone know of a solution? -- SP1 for Fun, Jaguar for Comfort. BOTAFOT #148 ...

create query displaying text from one table using key from another
Apologies for the subject. I have trouble describing my exact problem. I can change it if someone else can suggest a better one! I'm having a little trouble with a query. I think it has to do with setting up relationships properly. I have two tables in my database. One is "Risk Assessments" and has three fields: RA_ID (primary), RA_Code and RA_Descript. Second is "Chemicals" and has a number of fields: Chem_ID (Primary), Chemical, a few others, then RA_ID, RA1, RA2, etc up to RA6. RA_ID in tblRiskAssessments is linked to RA_ID in tblChemicals. I ha...

Cascade Delete and N:N Join Tables
I'm revising the schema for an app I've just taken over and most of the N:N tables don't have unique indexes defined on the pair of foreign keys (so they have lots of duplicate records), but the FK relationships are all set as CASCADE DELETE (and, unnecessarily, CASCADE UPDATE, since all the FKs values are from Autonumber fields, which can't be updated, of course). Anyway, my tendency is to *not* set CASCADE DELETE on join tables, because I'm never quite sure if the way *I* see the hierarchy is the way Jet sees it. That is, I may think that something is the paren...

updating pivot tables
Hi, I have large spreadsheet with about 10 or so pivot tables from attached data. I run new data and replace the attached data with it every week. When I update the pivots using the wizard it updates but increases the size of the worksheet regardless of the size of the data. By the end of the year the worksheet is over 100 megabytes which is much larger than the dataset. I'm using Excel 2002. It seems that it is keeping the original data reference. How do I deal with this without creating new pivot tables every week? Thanks Jim Not sure if this is your issue, but a couple of month...

Fast grid control
I am developing a trading type application and would like suggestions on any efficient performance-wise grid controls out there. I dont need any bells and whistles such as links to database but would like the ability to have multiple lines per cell and coloration. Thanks http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp It's fairly efficient and has a lot of features, it's easy to use and it's free. Just be careful of performing large number of resizing row height operations. Page Fault City. ...

Can't modify table style
I'm flabbergasted after spending over 30 minutes trying to trouble shoot a table of contents, so I deleted it and tried to create a new table of contents formatted like the one I had before (font properties wise). So I select the table of contents tab on the ribbon (Word 2007), then I select "Insert a tabel of contents..." under the automatic and manual table images above and I want to "modify" the "formal" format, since it's pretty close to what I want except for the font color, type and size. I also want to change the "options&quo...

GP 10 table changes
Is there a document available somewhere that lists the table changes made in release 10? Yes, this is widely documented in the Dynamics GP Software Development Kit, which can be found on CD2 of your installation software. Also, you can download updated versions from CustomerSource or PartnerSource. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Elaine" wrote: > Is there a document available somewhere that lists the table changes made in > release 10? Hi Mariano, thanks for the quick response! I...

Filter options disabled for pivot tables.
I am having an issue using filters on a pivot table in Excel 2007. All filtering options are disabled in the menus except for Value Filters >> Top 10... Ideally we will be doing this on an AS2005 Cube, but I can't get it to work for regular pivot tables built from Excel tables either. On Mar 12, 10:12 am, kato...@gmail.com wrote: > I am having an issue using filters on a pivot table in Excel 2007. All > filtering options are disabled in the menus except for Value Filters > > >> Top 10... > > Ideally we will be doing this on an AS2005 Cube, but I can't g...

Please Help
Hi, I have a table where I have lists of colleges that my students have applied to as well as their status. The table has fields for student ID (foreign key to the students table), the name of the college, (not normal form, I know), and 3 boolean fields, for "Accepted", "Wait_List", and "Going." I keep them separate because they might overlap. I created a query to join the two tables so I get the student's names, the colleges they applied to and their status. In the query I create one field called "Status" which combined the 3 boolean fie...

Referring to controls on a form from a subform
I'm trying to hide/show two labels on a popup form (frmPopup) based on how the form was called from a subform. The subform (fsubPeople) is in continuous view. It's a sub sub form (i.e., MainForm > SubForm1 > fsubPeople). There's a command button in the Detail section, and a command button in the Form Header. If the user clicks on the command button in the Detail section (which opens frmPopup filtered to a matching record), things work: I can set and hide the labels correctly. But if the user clicks on the command button in the Form Header (which opens frmPopup in acFormAdd...

What does it happen?
Hello all: I create a single document and the class view is derived from CListView using AppWizard,and now I want to know the message LVN_GETDISPINFO and what does it happen?thank you. Take a look at this article: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/virtuallist.asp Tom "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:e8yCVl8MGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > I create a single document and the class view is derived > from CListView using AppWizard,and now I want to know the message > LVN_GETDISPINFO and what does it happen?thank you...