What extensions can I (save as) in Microsoft Publisher?

I need to open a .pub file from a friend what can he save as so I can open
it???
..doc .htm???
Thanks
Dave
0
djam (1)

djam wrote:
>I need to open a .pub file from a friend what can he save
> as so I can open it???
> .doc .htm???
> Thanks
> Dave
========================
Maybe your friend would be willing to create
a .pdf file for you:

Ask the friend to try this...

Download and install the following free PDF Creator.

PrimoPDF
http://primopdf.com/

With your new program installed...open your project
in Publisher and go to...File / Print.

On your Print screen...open the drop window and
select PrimoPDF as your printer.

Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen
and you can browse to a save folder.

When you click...OK..your .pdf file will be created
in your save folder.

The resulting .pdf file can be viewed on any computer
that has the free Adobe Reader installed.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
10/30/2004 4:22:43 AM

Assuming he is using Publisher 2003, he can choose Save As
from the File drop down menu and save it in many formats
including MS Word.
0
anonymous (74725)
10/30/2004 4:33:32 AM
If he saves it as a Word file he'll lose all of the graphics and formatting.
Defeats the purpose of creating something in Publisher.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chuck Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

---

jl_amerson (3088)

can't access OWA using public IP
i have no problem accessing OWA using the FQDN. eg. http://mail.company.edu.my/exchange But when tried to access OWA using public IP address, eg. http://203.115.220.20/exchange , it shows "The page cannot be found". DNS server has records for both forward & reverse. Dear, what is your exact domain name? I need to check the zone configuration "Emyeu" wrote: > i have no problem accessing OWA using the FQDN. eg. > http://mail.company.edu.my/exchange > But when tried to access OWA using public IP address, eg. > http://203.115.220.20/exchange , it shows &q...

Publisher 98 has WordArt Frame Tool. Can 2003 have same?
Until recently I have been using Publisher 98 and like the facility of the WordArt Frame Tool. When you open the box there are 14 tools available at the top of the page. These include a Best Fit Option, Shading, Shadow & Border. This layout meets my needs very well. I am now using Publisher 2003 and all I can do is click on the WordArt icon which takes me to the WordArt Gallery. Is it possible to formulate the WordArt Frame Tool facility in Publisher 2003? Your help would be gratefully received. There is a compatibility tool for using the old WordArt. You use it by insert, object,...

Filtering specific file extensions
Hello all, hope everything is well. Where I work we have an Exchange 2000 server. Today we have had multiple users receive emails containing the Novarg virus. My question is, is there a way to configure our Exchange server to filter/block certain file extensions? Thanks in advance, Andy <anonymous@child-family.org> wrote in news:53ec01c3e51e$2c9ca9b0 $a001280a@phx.gbl: > Hello all, hope everything is well. > > Where I work we have an Exchange 2000 server. Today we > have had multiple users receive emails containing the > Novarg virus. My question is, is there ...

Can not send out email in outlook, need help.
"Leslie Wheat" <Leslie Wheat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42D12A33-C09A-4D44-AA29-514822608F29@microsoft.com... >Nothing PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and provide at least a MODICUM of information. You have failed to provide anything in the way of details. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm ...

Can I use the same driver in all versions of Access or Sqlserver
Hello,I have got a question,I wonder if i can use the same driver as Access2000 to get the data from all versions of Access database,my code connected to Access2000 is as follows: "m_pConnection->Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource="+s.m_database,"","",adModeUnknown); Is this code available for other versions of Access? If not,can anyone tell me the correct code for Access2002.Access2003,Access97? my code connected to Sqlserver2000 is as follow: m_pConnection->Open(Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;Password="+s.m_pass...

how do you get a file back if it was saved in a temporary file?
i had my paper saved on my e-mail i opened it and i worked for hours on the paper hit save a thousand times closed out word and went to e-mail the paper to my teacher only to find that i had accidentally saved all my work to the temporary file and i cant figure out how to get it back i know their is a way i just dont know it some one hellllllp pleassssse You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail - however it *may* be possible to recover your changes. See http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <...

extension dll linking with extension dll
I have created an extension DLL that works just fine with my apps, however now I need to use it with another extension DLL. When I link the new extension DLL, I get the following: StdAfx.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class CStringArray CMyData::m_arrayFullNames"... The array in question is declared as private static CStringArray in an exported class of the functioning extension DLL. MyData.h class AFX_EXT_CLASS CMyData { .... private: static CStringArray m_arrayFullNames; }; MyData.cpp CStringArray CMy...

How can I get a copy of Publisher 2002?
I still have Windows 98 on my computer. A client of mine wants me to use Publisher for a project, but I don't want to upgrade to XP right now. How can I get a new copy of PUblisher 2002 that would be compatible with my computer? I did a google search and am uncomfortable about buying from web sites that I don't know. Any suggestions? Hi Crystal1365 (Crystal1365@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I still have Windows 98 on my computer. A client of mine wants me || to use Publisher for a project, but I don't want to upgrade to XP || right now. ...

how can I change the size of each cell consistency?
how can I change the size of each cell consistency? I mean width and height of each cell. Thanks!! Hi Matthew, You can't change the size of an individual cell. You can change the width of column(s) or the height of row(s) - to a specific width - to autofit a selection. Column selection(s): Format, Column, width, specify width or autofit a selection Row Selection(s) Format, Row, width, specify height or autofit a selection You can double click on the border between two column headers or between two row headers to fit row or column to selection. If you want a program...

Can't Access Links In Outlook or Outlook Express
I am using Outlook 2000 for my e-mail and until a few days ago could open links in my Outlook E-mail. This no longer works. When clicking on the html/url links nothing happens when using Outlook. I tried reinstalling but this did not help. Links will work however in SBC/Yahoo mail. I prefer Outlook. Can anyone help me? I am using XP Pro with 512 Gig Ram and a 80 Gig HD. Thanks in advance for any assistance. counsel2@sbcglobal.net <counsel2@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000 for my e-mail and until a few days ago could > open links in my Outlook E-mail. This...

Publisher cannot open the file you specified
Hi On a new installation of Pub 2003 on XP, when trying to open a saved file comes up with ' Publisher cannot find the file you specified. The next dialog box will let you browse to locate the file on your hard disk or floppy disk' This seems like a systemic thing, but have run Norton Windoctor, reinstalled, but no luck, continues to get this message, or 'unable to open file'. Any suggestions please This is usually a Norton problem, disable "scrip blocking" and maybe in Norton options, disable "Office Plug-ins." You receive a "File is not avail...

Can't move mailbox
My question is similar to "Can't Purge Mailbox". I have one mailbox left to move in a migration from exchange 2000 to 2003, and it will not move. I can move it between 2000 stores and servers but not to exchange 2003. I recieve the following error when I try to move it: - <summary isWarning="false" errorCode="0xc1054005"> The MAPI call failed. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 There are no corrupted messages, I have checked each one. The mailbox size is under 200mb. This is the only mailbox left to move??? I ...

How an MFC Application can run as an service displayed in system tray and even this icon can be displayed on different login
Hi, I want to develop one MFC Application which will run as a service and should be displayed in a system tray icon.Since this Application is a service it will keep running.so when i login through different user this icon should be displayed there in the system tray. I was partially successful in creating the MFC as a service and displaying an icon,but if i do a log-off and log-in through different account i can see the service is running in background but there is no icon in system tray.Could any one help me in resolving this issuse. Is there any API which i need to include in my code or j...

How do you turn a Publisher Calendar Sideways and enter data?
I am trying to work on a Publisher Calendar. I want to have it on the page sideways. I know how to turn the calendar sideways, but I don't know how to turn the page sideways so that i can work on it. Thanks for your help Select all, group, rotate the grouped objects. When you are finished editing, regroup and re-rotate. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "FLPACMAN" <FLPACMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92B8099F-1DA1-4A97-B02B-38EAE2F7D74B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to ...

User's Guide--can we get this thing some other way?
I do not have broadband and using the user's guide the M05 is driving me crazy. Is there any other way to get the info so that old fogies like me who actually prefer to read a book can function? Apparently Most Users Prefer(tm) it this way... "Donna Ford" <cdford@integrity.com> wrote in message news:OKm4tJWNFHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I do not have broadband and using the user's guide the M05 is driving me > crazy. Is there any other way to get the info so that old fogies like me who > actually prefer to read a book can function? Gina Carrillo has...

Validation Question....Can this be done?
I got a basic spreadsheet, with validations. There is a cloumn with the validation list, listing all common IT problems we experience - Hardware, PC, Mice, Keyboard, printers. I want an option at the bottom "Add New", once clicked it will allow you to enter a new entry in the validation list. Any ideas how I would do this? Cheers Harps -- harpscardiff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25960 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

Can't send Attachments using Outlook 2002
My computer has 1gb memory I have 225MB used. Each time I try to attachment a file to my mail message I get a message saying ... 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I just applied Service Pack 2 and the problem did not go away.. I did reboot before trying again. Please help ...

How can I view archived messages?
When I try file/open/outlook data file it takes me to an archive folder that is empty. Is there another way to find my archived messages? Check your Archive settings, from there you can see both the path & Archive name, then open that Archive, if its not already open "merlin64" <merlin64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26C4451C-4F22-4312-BA78-8CEF29F6E1C9@microsoft.com... > When I try file/open/outlook data file it takes me to an archive folder > that > is empty. Is there another way to find my archived messages? First I sug...

Can't get to System Restore
HI. I screwed something up tonite. Almost every icon I click on opens an app, MyDefrag. This happened after I tried to change properties of a MyDefrag shortcut. I figured the easiest way to fix it would be to do a System Restore, but when I go to Control Panel and click on System, it opens MyDefrag. What other ways are there to get to System Restore? Is there a way to get to System Restore via Start > Run? How else? Command Prompt? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Larry Larry wrote: > HI. I screwed something up tonite. Almost every icon I click on > ...

Can't download bank statement to Money
I've not had this problem until today. No bank data is getting downloaded to MONEY and I don't know if it's the program issue or if there is any virus going on to affect this. Thanks for your help. Without more information from you, I can only tell you that I've not had any problems downloading bank data. Some useful information would be the bank you are using, the version of Money, and the error you are receiving. If you don't get an error, you may not have any transactions to download at this time. "Hannah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

OWA, Can View Folder/Mail, but Cannot Send.. Why ?
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:aFtYb.86583$cE3.30504327 @news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net: > When using OWA, I can View my Emails on > the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can > use Find Name, and it will Search.. > > But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops > up and says: "Failed to Send Item&quo...

How can I copy my contacts in Earthlink
....to my folder on an Exchange Server in Outlook "EarthLink" as in the web service? You'll need to export them to a format Outlook can import. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities i...

Tutorial websites for Publisher?
Can anyone suggest some safe websites for MS Office 2000 tutorials? I'd really like to find some for Publisher, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel (charts in particular). I'm putting together my first PowerPoint presentation for a company wide manager's meeting and I'd really like to just knock their socks off with an awesome presentation. I'd also love to learn Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 as well for designing our company newsletter. Any software tutorial sites are welcome. Thanks to everyone for any/all suggestions submitted. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/default...

removing extensions
Hello , Could someone please tell me how I can remove " extensions.autofillforms " from the registry . TIA , D xp sp 3 i.e. 7 o.e. 6 I believe that I'm in the wrong ng , sorry . D. "D." <wdstk@sover.net> wrote in message news:%23BAC50dlKHA.5568@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello , > Could someone please tell me > how I can remove " extensions.autofillforms " > from the registry . > TIA , > ...

can not exit excel clicking on the X
For some reason, on one of our computers in Excel 2000, the X in th right hand corner is grayed out and I can not click on it to exit. have to go to File and Close. I reinstalled the Office 2000, and it i still doing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199&Product=xlw "brewster >" <<brewster.179csa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:brewster.179csa@excelforum-nospam.com... : For some reason, on one of our computers in Excel 2000,...