WEBSITE ANIMATIONS

Im trying to create a website with an animation but when I try to insert it
(through the tool-bar) it won't let me.  I created the animation in
Macromedia flash, could that be why it's not working?
--
AC
0

Using a SWF file (Flash) in Publisher
http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/81253.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im trying to create a website with an animation but when I try to insert it
> (through the tool-bar) it won't let me.  I created the animation in
> Macromedia flash, could that be why it's not working?
> --
> AC

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/18/2006 1:25:39 PM
On Thu, 18 May 2006 12:46:02 +0100, Andrew wrote
(in article <7AA7D80D-E91A-4BFB-B684-4483EBCCC36E@microsoft.com>):

> Im trying to create a website with an animation but when I try to insert it
> (through the tool-bar) it won't let me.  I created the animation in
> Macromedia flash, could that be why it's not working?

You *REALLY* don't want any visitors to your site at all, do you? First you
make the number one biggest mistake by using Publisher to 'design' it and
then you compound that mistake by wanting to use Flash.

There are two things that put me off visiting a website a second time - one
is the use of Publisher; the second is the use of Flash. Put 'em together and
watch your hit counter stay static.

Learn to code by hand and *NEVER* use Flash.

0
naggingdoubt (192)
5/18/2006 3:22:51 PM
Margolotta wrote:
> On Thu, 18 May 2006 12:46:02 +0100, Andrew wrote
> (in article <7AA7D80D-E91A-4BFB-B684-4483EBCCC36E@microsoft.com>):
>
>> Im trying to create a website with an animation but when I try to insert it
>> (through the tool-bar) it won't let me.  I created the animation in
>> Macromedia flash, could that be why it's not working?
>>

> You *REALLY* don't want any visitors to your site at all, do you? First you
> make the number one biggest mistake by using Publisher to 'design' it and
> then you compound that mistake by wanting to use Flash.
>
> There are two things that put me off visiting a website a second time - one
> is the use of Publisher; the second is the use of Flash. Put 'em together and
> watch your hit counter stay static.
>
> Learn to code by hand and *NEVER* use Flash.

Ah, a post from the ultimate hypocritical Mac user!  One who gets up on
their soap box on a Mac to come into the MS news groups and lecture
posters here from it's high and almighty haughtiness about the most
useless crap in the world.  Go away Maggotlarda, we don't want you here.
0
jim2292 (3)

Drop down for website
Hi. I am trying to create a database in excel 2000, which i save as a webpage. If i create a drop down list in excel it will not appear in my browser. Is it possible to show the drop down list in the browser? -- Hendrik Clientlogic Technical Support Representative ...

IE hangs on this website!
Internet Explorer 8 hangs on this website mord.krakow.pl without compatibility mode! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=b7b99f56-61e3-40c1-83e5-44bdfafcadeb&dg=micros...

#### How To Turn Your Dull Website into Money Making Website####
How To Turn Your Dull Website into Money Making Website.. It provides wonderful HEATMAPS -A Movie on how a visitor scroll any webpage! * Lets you view movies of how each one of your visitors has been looking at your web page. * Provides number of visitors to each page. * How many pages on your website to which each visitor clicked. * How long each visitor stayed on your website. * The time spent on each part of your web page * The number of clicks made to each of the links on your pages. * The favorite entry pages on your site. * The exit pages on your website: great information for where t...

hyperlinks to other websites
Hi: Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 (10.6308.6735)SP3. I have created a newsletter that I am planning to e-mail to my customers. I have included the first paragraph or two of articles on the web that are of interest to my clients. I have then typed in the web address and tagged it onto the bottom of the article for my clients to click on so they may get the full article and/or be brought to the web-page. I have done test e-mails to myself and the newsletter looks great, but when i try to click links nothing happens. Looking for direction to a solution to this online or support from the ...

Publishing your Website
I have created a 10 page website which I would like to publish on my server, but when I upload the site I am only getting the first page on the web. The site works great when I preview my website. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks please review the discussion group menu for publisher, you'll find there is a dedicated forum for web publication topics. please use it for your web questions. refer to http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/01/81270.aspx -- David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.davidbartosik.com "Douglas" wrote: > I hav...

Taking numbers off a website and importing them into Excel? Possible? #2
I have Excel 2000, and I don't see any of the arrows that you ar talking about. When I input the website name, it takes me to an Exce sheet with all of the numbers from the website. Although I guess I ca make this work, it has none of the formatting or tables that ar associated with the website and is very rough. Is there a way to ONLY get the data from that particular table from th website instead of the entire website, and then import just that dat into Excel? DrSues0 -- DrSues0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DrSues02's Profile: http://w...

Website Traffic
Hi Massive website traffic for your website:http://www.trumptraffic.com?r=61999 ...

CRM Exchange website
I have installed the exchange conector do I need to use the exchange website as the default or can I use any of my websites that do not have exchange? Thanks I do not think it matters which website you use. However, the router will not affect OWA if that is your concern. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:55:06 -0700, "Michael Alexio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have installed the exchange conector do I need to use the exchange website as the default or can I use any of ...

outlook will not let me link to a website from an e-mail
All e-mail hyperlinks are blocked by my Outlook (2003). See if the following solves your issue; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/242 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "arturo" <arturo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC1BF9FB-E4A5-4D26-B6C4-1B1C439FCC97@microsoft.com... > All e-mail hyperlinks are blocked by my Outlook (2003). arturo w...

SQL SRS cannot use the website MSCRM 1.2 08-24-06
When i try upgrade the CRM 1.2 to version 3, all goes well except for the following problem. *********************************************************** SQL Server Reporting Services cannot use the Web site Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 because it has an identifier that the SQL Server Reporting Services setup cannot handle. You can either reinstall IIS to have IIS create the Default Web site, or modify the IIS metabase by changing the identifier for Web site Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 to 4. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this matter. ...

Website
Does anyone know if i can animate something on my website that I am making through publisher 2003...like words across the screen or something...not just clip art that is already animated... -- Thank You Kdnnme <Kdnnme@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Does anyone know if i can animate something on my website that I am > making through publisher 2003...like words across the screen or > something...not just clip art that is already animated... I suggest you read www.webpagesthatsuck.com before you even think about using scrolling marquees on your...

Publish Existing Website to FP2003
I am trying to publish my existing website to FrontPage2003 so that it captures all of the current pages and navigation of my site. I know I need to open the site through FP, but after I get the Open Site box up I'm not able to get FP to look outside of my hard drive to find the site. I tried clicking search web and it brings up Internet Explorer, but then closes the Open Site box. I need to figure out how to get FP to prompt me for the login/password and open/save my site. File->Open Site In the site name box, type http://www.example.com (Replacing www.example.com wit...

Our new website
This website is for artist, freelancers, programmers, writers, translators. All who is looking for work. If you are a skilled professional use page "Add profile" to create your profile. Also this website is for those who is looking for skilled professional. If you are looking for a professional use page "Projects" to post a project. www.ewho.us ...

Website Diagrams
I just loaded visio 2007 standard. The help function states that I can make website diagrams by going to File, new, software. But when I click on File, New, there is nothing related to software. Any Help Website diagrams are not available in the Standard edition. Must have the Professional edition or higher. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/FX101757911033.aspx#4 "david d" <davidd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61A67656-9DD6-49D7-B7F9-AEAC4D4CDB76@microsoft.com... > I just loaded visio 2007 standard. The help function state...

Insert GIF animated to RichEdit control....Could You Help Me Please
I have a problem on inserting a GIF to richedit, the problem is not viewing it, but it is playing it at richedit. I have a class that can play GIF animation, and I have converted it to an activeX, if I could pass this object to richedit control, and there I call its method so it can animated, do you have any suggestions on this. I wonder how MSN 6.0 plays EmotIcons. if you have other solutions, please help me on it. ...

Center my website
By default my website is on the left of the browser, I owuld like to align all pages in the center I am using publisher 2003 can anyone advise? antoine http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 "antoine" <antoine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D18E5F-72EC-43D2-A2EB-F3F19BABCD59@microsoft.com... > By default my website is on the left of the browser, I owuld like to align > all pages in the center > I am using publisher 2003 > can anyone advise? > antoine Hi, did you find the solution to your problem? I would be interested to kn...

Converting Access to Website
Could anyone recommend an excellent 3rd party software vendor that specialize in converting Msaccess program into ASP . I have a working Msaccess application which I need to publish on the Company Website for Client access. I've seen programs that converts tables to asp , but is there something that converts a MDE file to a full workintg ASP program. I would take anything I get at this time - Any help directing me to a good source would be extremely valuable. Thanks for any suggestions. I seriously doubt such thing exists, even if you include ASP.Net 3.5 (which can have a more si...

free website
does anyone know of FREE website that supports xml upload?? Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com ...

1 Million Visitors to your Website
How To Get 1 Million Visitors On Your Web Site Without Paying A Dime In advertising ! Are you frustrated by the lack of traffic coming to your site? If I would tell you that after months of research, I just got my hands on the most hidden secrets... very sneaky tricks ! Click here : http://freeadguru.com/cgi-bin/i.pl?c=a&i=32460 Hurry, before the page gets banned! --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20060315091657M9n6YrV1 ...

uploading a website, dumb stuff, but I need help
This is my first time, and go figure, Verizon is no help (my ISP). How can I make it work. I'm dumfounded. I created the html files in Publisher, but when I upload them using WS FTP, only the default (1st) page works, and none of the links work. How about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using? -- I'm going to guess you are using version 2002. I recommend you review my 2002 tutorial at www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm I also recommend you use our forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosi...

website
Maybe less 'improvements' and design changes to the website and more focus on fixing known problems with the software. I could not agree with you more. I can never, ever find our issues/errors in the knowledge base. Fortunately I have a strong DBA background, so I'm usually able to fix everything myself. It's hard to believe that I am the only one in the world that received error x or issue y. It forces me to really question what our $50,000 a year go towards when our product suggestions never go anywhere, features are dropped, more issues/errors with new versions a...

How do I put a "search bar" on my website?
Hello, I have an online store which i made with Publisher 2007 and I would like to put a search bar on it. Just like most websites you go to , you can enter a keyword and it comes up with a list of results... Please help Don't reply to this question, I found answers on the web page design discussion board.. thank you anyway "Kristy" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an online store which i made with Publisher 2007 and I would like to > put a search bar on it. Just like most websites you go to , you can enter a > keyword and it comes up with a list of resu...

where on this website
Where on this website can i find the suggestion board?? Sorry, it is not on this web site. The suggestion board link is at the bottom left of the home pages for PartnerSource (https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/) and CustomerSource (https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/). David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is prov...

Want websites to think you're running IE7 or IE8? Or running XP or Vista? Read on:
The following are registry entries that make websites think that you are running higher versions of IE or something other than 9x/me. Save the following three registry entries to their own .reg file, and then merge one of them into your registry as needed. The first one sets the default setting, IE6 running on win-9x/me. The second sets IE to make it appear as IE7 running on XP. The third is IE8 running on Vista. Don't forget to reverse the change, afterwards, by merging the default entry back to your registry, to remove the spoof, as some sites (like Windows Updates, fo...

Animations are resetting when move/changing an object in PPT2007
Hi everybody, maybe somebody can help me out there. We have an PowerPoint Addin using non MS-Graph or 2007 Graph slides for displaying bars. we using a rectangle with the size of the bars. During a presentation i collecting data from my hardware and just try to resize the shape in the size for displaying it. now it always happens that the presentation is going to the point where i stop collecting and updating the bars. When i try to update the "bar - shapes", in 2007 it is resetting the animations to the index (0) Animation of the actual slide. I can force the prog...