Web Publishing in version 2002

I can' t seem to publish my site to the web with this version of Publisher.
The assistant keeps suggesting that I should go to file and choose Save as
Web Page on the File menu, but no such wording exists in my file menu. How do
I remedy this problem?
0
mtmrclss (2)

File, click "Convert to Web Publication."

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"mtmrclss" <mtmrclss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can' t seem to publish my site to the web with this version of Publisher.
> The assistant keeps suggesting that I should go to file and choose Save as
> Web Page on the File menu, but no such wording exists in my file menu. How do
> I remedy this problem?

0
gsauer (5094)
3/12/2005 9:19:15 AM
Go to Help, About Publisher and check the version.
If it reads 2002 SP1 (or SP2 or SP3)
(preferably it is SP3 ;-)
then the File menu will be "export as web page".

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
http://www.publishermvps.com
http://www.davidbartosik.com

"mtmrclss" <mtmrclss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can' t seem to publish my site to the web with this version of Publisher.
> The assistant keeps suggesting that I should go to file and choose Save as
> Web Page on the File menu, but no such wording exists in my file menu. How
> do
> I remedy this problem?

Outlook 2000 and 2002 pst file corruption
I "used to " synchronize my laptop and desktop by simply copying the the outlook.pst file from one computer to the other since my laptop was primary. However I bought another laptop that had 2002 Outlook installed and I copied my Outlook 2000 pst file to the Outlook 2002 version. I now have problems with downloading mail and other minor weird things happening. Is it because I goofed and copied over the 2002 pst file? Unfortunately I don't have a copy of 2002 to reload as the used computer came with no discs but will purchase if that's the source of the problem. ...

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

insert date in Publisher
I created a text box and insert a date with the update date automatically box checked...didn't work why? Publisher 2000 here so it may be a bit different for you. When you Inserted the date, was the box for automatic update checked? -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "Helpmedates" <u27294@uwe> wrote in message news:67054071f04f2@uwe... >I created a text box and insert a date with the update date automatically >box > checked...didn't work why? > ...

can publisher 2010 import pdf files?
does the new 'beta' publisher 2010, import pdf files? I may download the beta to try, however if it does not import pdf files, it has very limited use for me & I will not bother. Publishers inability to import pdf files in the 2007 version has relegated it to 'amature' software status in my mind, as it's rivals, such as serif page plus have been able to do so for some time now. Serious desktop publishing software in the 21st century unable to work with a now de-facto standard document format is unacceptable. Feel better now? "white61" <white...

Cannot Open 2002 Files in 2004
USA Money 2002. Moved 2002 files to flash drive and tried to open them using Money 2004 and I get this message "Type your password to access your files." The friedn I am helping does not ever remember using a password. I guess the only option is to use the Money 2002 program on the old hardrvie and see if that will allow us to access the file. Thanks Smith The most typical case is where you are trying to switch regions. Your second option requires that Money 2002 be installed. This sounds like you are trying to upgrade a computer. BTW you can have multiple versions of Mo...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

Publisher 2007 #18
Publisher reconfigures almost every time I fire up Outlook.....how do I turn that off!!! Information about using 2007 Office suites and programs on a computer that is running another version of Office http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "farfromgrovin" <farfromgrovin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43F4D38D-B848-466A-84F4-086052A11686@microsoft.com... > Publisher reconfigures almost every time I fire up Outlook.....how do I turn > that o...

Create an Entity and Publish- issue
Hi I am trying to create and publish a custom entity thru SDK. The entity is created, however while publishing it leads to an exception[“An entity contains two views with the same name. Remove one of the views and try to publish”] PFA Sample code which I am Executing.(Same Example of SDK). I would appreciate, if you could help me with this issue. CODE : try { // Create the entity. EntityMetadata timesheetEntity = new EntityMetadata(); timesheetEntity.SchemaName = "new_timesheet"; timeshe...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

Outlook 2002 Folder view options
I need to know how to chand the order of the folder view to show in alphabetical order. Currently I have it showing the public folders first, archive and personal folders, then it shows my mailbox (outlook today.) I need my mailbox to appear first. Help anyone? ...

How do I remove page border in Publisher
There is a white border all around my publication. How do I remove it to have the pictures flush to the margin of the page. It is your printer margin limitations. Read the printer documentation to determine the margins... Most printers cannot print to the edge. If you have a full bleed printer you can print on larger stock and cut away the margin. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "doranrita" <doranrita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A5C9470-BA39-4959-8FD5-8D98C3F71920@microsoft.co...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Auto numbering of Publisher booklets
Greetings! I have a 4-page Publisher booklet with the merge file field appearing on the back cover. When I do a Print Preview of the booklet, the numbers (1-275) show up fine. When I print, the output comes out 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, etc. They appeared fine in the preview...any idea why they reset when coming out of the printer? Thanks Do you have a duplex unit? What are you using as a data base? I tried to duplicate your problem, printing to a PDF and then a few booklets on two different printers, I don't get this issue. What version Publisher are you using? --...

Flash player does not support IE8 64-bit version
I am using 64-bit Windows 7 and there are two built-in IE8: 32-bit and 64-bit. The 32-bit one is working fine while the 64-bit cannot display the website with flash picture/video clip. Understand Adobe Flash Player does not support 64-bit OS. Is there any alternative for 64-bit IE? Thanks, Scott You must use the 32-bit IE if you are going to use Flash. Adobe does not support 64-bit yet. You have a 32-bit IE, click Start>Programs, and scroll down to Internet Explorer. There are two, one is notated as 64-bit. "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com>...

Publisher printing problems
My employer is running for office and asked me to make up some flyers in Publisher that he could have printed and cut into thirds. I have all my margins set to zero, but when I use the print preview, the left margin cuts off part of the image. I'm unsure whether it's Publisher or the printer doing this; let's just say, regardless, my employer has an array of flyer sizes due to the way I had to position them. I'm using Publisher 2003 and the HP Officejet Pro L7555 All-in-one printer (however, we're having them printed at OfficeMax, so I'm assuming the problem is in P...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

publisher mail merge problems
I just moved from an old version of Publisher to 2007 and can't get mail merge to work for labels. When I do the mail merge, I get the same name 30 times on a page of labels. Anyone know how to correct this? I am using the same data file I have used for 9 years in publisher with no problems in the past. I can edit the data file, no problem. It just won't merge correctly. Thanks a million! Jan Geiger Is this when you print it or just preview it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Jan Geiger&qu...

Web Browsing on my Ameritrade
Really like the Money 2007 interface, tightly integrating the browser is a great way to integrate all the other online accounts and services. I've set up all my financial browser links and don't even bother opening the browser when I'm checking potential investments. Direct access to my bank server is so much better than the old download method. Ahead of its time IMHO. Couple of observations/ questions If anyone know someone connected with the software, I'd like to pass along a suggestion to see easier access to web favorites. Right now its a 3 click process to access ...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

Report Web Access
Hi, I need make a report to check the users of my network that access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know how i can do this? Thanks Alvaro You can use a web log analyser on the logs generated by IIS on the OWA server. Regards Paul "Alvaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08fb01c3db68$3b4bc910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need make a report to check the users of my network that > access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know > how i can do this? > Thanks > > Alvaro "Alvaro" <ano...

open publisher 97 file in publisher 2002
Hi, I have Publisher 2002 with sp2. I tried to open an old publisher 97 document but I keep getting error, "Publisher cannot open the file." Is there anyway I can open publisher 97? I search microsoft knowledge and this discussion, so far, no solution that work. Can someone help me? Thanks. Joe Hi Joe (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 2002 with sp2. I tried to open an old || publisher 97 document but I keep getting || error, "Publisher cannot open the file." Is there anyway || I can open publisher 97? I searc...

End-of-line Handling in the XmlReader (.NET Framework Version 1.1)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C45784.A61EEA40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable According to the XML 1.0 (Third Edition) W3C Recommendation = (http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-line-ends) all #xD, = #xA, and #xD#xA character combinations should be converted to a single = #xA character. According to the "Reading XML with the XmlReader" section of the ".NET = Framework Developer's Guide" on-line help, the XmlReader will not = perform this normali...