Watermark, to appear across the while page

I have been playing around with putting a watermark on one publication. I
type the word in, but it only appears once. Is there a way to place it on
the whole document or more than just the one word, without typing the word
over and over?
thanks

Put the watermark on the Background Ctrl+M

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)
7/19/2004 10:43:28 PM
Draw a text box, and type in your text. Let's say your text is:

Publisher

Type Publisher 3 times:

Publisher Publisher Publisher

Now highlight the three Publisher's and do a Ctrl+C to copy them and then
place the cursor after the last Publisher and press Ctrl+V to paste (keep
holding down Ctrl+V to repeat):

Publisher Publisher Publisher Publisher Publisher PublisherPublisher
Publisher PublisherPublisher Publisher PublisherPublisher Publisher
PublisherPublisher Publisher PublisherPublisher Publisher PublisherPublisher
[...]

Then right click on the Text Box and choose to send it to the Master Page.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

"Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
> I have been playing around with putting a watermark on one publication. I
> type the word in, but it only appears once. Is there a way to place it on
> the whole document or more than just the one word, without typing the word
> over and over?
> thanks

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Printable Page
Can someone tell me how to set up the following page to be able fill the entire page so that the table that houses all the content is full page rather than part of the page. the page is: http://shirleysrecipes.awardspace.biz/printlemonpoundcake.htm Thank you, Change <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" height="1469" bordercolorlight="#000080" bordercolordark="#000080"> to <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"...

Convert a 2 page document to two 1 page documents
I have a Publisher 2003 (SP3) two sided brochure. I made it in to two documents, one for each side. When printing my Tektronix Phaser 850 still acts as if it is a two sided brochure and prints either page on the "back" of the single page. Anyone know how to fix this? John. Either combine the two files as one with two pages or when you print, select one file, File, Print, 1 of 1 and then select the second file, File, Print, 1 of 1 with the first pint job back in your printer, turned over. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JOHNFDS" <JOHNFDS@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Custom Recipient Groups not appearing in GAL
We upgraded from 5.5 to 2003. Everything was converted over, can see all custom recipients in the GAL but cannot see the groups which they belong in. If I look in AD under Exchange, the Custom Recipients are there with all of the individual addresses in each Organizational Unit, but they do not appear that way in the GAL. Anyone know why and how I can fix. Your help is appreciated. ...

CRM on SBS: Share Point appears!
I installed CRM 1.2 on an SBS server for the first time last week, and things seemed to go just fine. However, as soon as I left (of course), any attempt to log in to CRM via the Web displays the Share Point Services home page instead of CRM! Any clues appreciated. Thanks, Dave Hi We are currently thinking about haveing shareportal 2003and CRM on the same webserver. My understanding from both products is that rename the default web site. The normal work around is to create the a new site first for both CRM and CRM. I have not yet tested this, and i am wondering by creating 2 sepra...

GP9 on 64 bit, home page display problem
I have GP9 up and running on two 64 bit servers and I have only one problem, the homepage is displayed incorrectly. Only two icons are displayed and no background images show up. I dug into the code of the "HomePage.xsl" and found the problem. The code uses a function called "base href" to set a variable, @basehref. Whenever @basehref is called, the working directory of the HomePage.xsl is substituted into the code. This is usually an elegant way to code, since the upstream directory structure can change and the code doesn't skip a beat. The problem is, on the 64 bit se...

Watermark
How do I put watermark "DRAFT" diagonally in the background? consider putting in a background page with it on it and then attaching the background to each of your foreground pages. al "VisoUser" <VisoUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8F4913A-4B6B-46E6-9CFB-878DF3E2956E@microsoft.com... > How do I put watermark "DRAFT" diagonally in the background? Hi VU, I have an HP laser printer, and buried deep in File > Page Setup > Print Setup > Setup... > Printer... > Properties... > Effects there is a...

Disable macro dialog appears
I am getting the Disabled Macros dialog when I open my spreadsheet, but there are no macros in the spreadsheet. I used to have a macro but I removed it. I used office assistant - tools->macro->macros but there are no macros. I open VBA editor to remove modules and there are no modules. How can I 'clean' this spreadsheet so I don't get the disable macro dialog. Also, I set the macro security to high and it opens without the disable macro warning dialog, but I would like to 'clean' the spreadsheet anyway. Hi You must delete the module also http://www.contex...

Publishing to a Wbb Page
Is there a way to make the published htm, mht file to show up in the full screen like on the regular spreadhseet? Hi Chris, Do you mean F11 (Full Screen). Can you describe what you do see and what you really want ? --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Chris Chandler" <see@top.com> wrote in message news:Xns952F4BBBB4995nospmnet@207.46.248.16... > Is there a way to make the published htm, mht [HTML...

booklet centerfold as one page
I am preparing multi-page newsletter and want the centerfold page to be one item with images and text running across the center line. How to I lay it out so that there is no gap in the center? I am sending it to a commercial printer. Are you simply stapling the center or will there be a margin to consider for binding? If you are not considering a margin then the center page will be laid out as created. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "NewsPrep" <NewsPrep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How prevent header from appearing grayed out?
I want to send my resume as a Word document, and in the print layout view, but the header appears grayed out unless I click on it (then the main body appears grayed out). How do I prevent the header from looking gray to readers? You cannot do that. You would have to send the document as a .pdf file to achieve it. If you are not using Word 2007 that has a pdf converter, you can download a free one such as PrimoPDF and then print your document to the PrimoPDF printer -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a pai...

Report Services Bug? ----Sub Report and Page break!!!
When the main report calls the meeting sub report, if the content of the sub report is longer than the pare space on the current page, it will jump to the next page without filling the rest space on the current page. Is it a bug of Report Services? Any ideas? "CEO" wrote: > When the main report calls the meeting sub report, if the content of the sub > report is longer than the pare space on the current page, it will jump to the > next page without filling the rest space on the current page. > > Is it a bug of Report Services? Sounds like a bug to me. Can y...

Getting Master Page to repeat
Hi: This is embarassing-was answered before but I can't find the post. I am trying to import a 148 page word document into a two-page book format. But when I create the Master Page and import the file, it doesn't repeat the margins even when I click "apply to page range". When the question was answered before I did have one successful import, but could not for the life of me figure out HOW! I must be "challenged!" -- MargeHD You cannot put 148 pages on the master pages... Setup your page as a booklet, in the Arrange menu set your margins. Create a text bo...

CAL License Requirements for Project Server SharePoint Pages..
I know I need a CAL license for anyone accessing the PWA front-end of project server, but does a user need a CAL if they are going to access the SharePoint project page that can be spawned when a new project is added to the project server? Right now, the cost of implementing Project Server is small, compared to the CAL licensing if I have all of the engineering staff using it. I need to look at options of limiting what they access, and right now, if they do not need the CAL to access the Project sites, then I should be in good shape. Anyone know this?> If it's got th...

Page margin and header
Hello, It appears that some sort of global setting is in place (that I never set up) that is messing up my margins. When I set a one inch margin all around a page, the margins show us much less than one inch. So to try and fix this, I set the margins as .3", which turns out closer to one inch, but then the header in the right corner is too far to the right and I don't know how to move it to the left. Please help. I have Word 2008 for Mac, version 12. Hi Kathy; I'm not clear on the situation you're describing. Exactly where do "the margins show us ...

Times of activities on the home page
Help! Is it possible to add the time of an activity to the homepage, rather than just the due date? There is no way to do this in the current release. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andys288" wrote: > Help! > > Is it possible to add the time of an activity to the homepage, rather > than just the due date? > > Well you can do that. But youre going into "unsupported country" with that modification. You manually have to edit one aspx-file works fine over here if you want to do this, let me know ;) greetz Thiemo "Andys28...

How do I make a cell appear empty when the formula = 0?
If the answer to the formula is 0, how can I make it just show the cell as empty instead of actually putting a 0 in the cell? =if(yourformulahere=0,"",yourformulahere) t1202 wrote: > > If the answer to the formula is 0, how can I make it just show the cell as > empty instead of actually putting a 0 in the cell? -- Dave Peterson In say A1 =IF(B1+B2=0,"",B1+B2) Regards, Alan "t1202" <t1202@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE8FD529-9AA3-484D-BEE1-40332E97A2A9@microsoft.com... > If the answer to the formula is 0, how can I ...

How do I move to page 2 of a booklet?
I am trying to set up a booklet for my 40th class reunion. I set up a new blank publication, choose booklet and to automatically to insert pages. I have the first page typed but don't know how to get to subsequent pages. I do not see the four page icons in the lower-left of my publication window. How do I get to the other pages and will it let me add pages, because I'm going to need a lot more pages to complete my booklet. HELP, PLEASE!!! View - Status Bar -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Susanne Sanders" <Susanne Sanders@discussions.microsoft....

WaterMark
Would anyone know the best way to design a water mark and then placing it on an invoice Jake, I don't think there is any way to do this with Report Writer, you'd have to be using another reporting tool for your invoices, like Crystal Reports. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "jake" <jostop@langeloth.com> wrote in message news:1149004571.468880.137860@r44g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Would anyone know the best way to design a water mark and then placing > it on an invoice > Hi Jake I can think of two possible ways to do this. 1) Some printer drivers hav...

layout help-creating 2 pages on 8 1/2 x 11 paper for booklet
I am new to Publisher, so bear with me.... I am trying to create a booklet using 8 1/2 x 11 paper in positioned in landscape position. I would like to get 2 pages on one piece of paper, but with the text in a portrait position, if that makes sense. Can anyone guide me? Thanks. -- Lauren When you setup your publication as a booklet, the pages are presented in the correct order automatically. The half pages will be portrait. Have you tried to setup a booklet? If you have, what problems are you experiencing? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

After Send/Receive is initiated, "new messages" appears but no new
After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number appears in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. Please advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "PedalrsInn" <PedalrsInn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C662A30-FC48-4A2E-B74E-F70552E00217@microsoft.com... > After send/receive is initiated,...

Changes in Appearance & Placement
When I created the .pub document, I got it looking just the way I wanted and published it to the web via ftp. When I went online and viewed it, the document appears changed. Some of the text looks all fuzzy and low quality, some of the lines have moved, things don't look the same. Pardon my honesty. This is the first time I have used Publisher. This is the first website I've made in ~10 years since I took an html class and made a class project "website". I'm only just figuring out what I'm doing along the way. When I asked around, what I was told is that Publish...

How to format date as text without changing appearance?
I have a column of 10900 cells with dates of the form 13-May-05. Excel automatically interpreted them as dates when I imported the data from a text file. Now I want them to be interpreted as text. The problem is: when I change the format to "text", the cell content changes to a number. For example, 13-May-05 becomes 38485. Hindsight being 20-20, I should have entered the dates in the form '13-May-50. But it is too late for that now, I think. How can I change the cell format to the text 13-May-05 without manually changing all 10900 cells? Hi I reckon you'll either ne...

Using PNG or JPEG resources for a CPropertySheet watermark?
I'd like to be able to use a PNG or JPEG image, stored as a resource, for the watermark on a WIZARD97 style property sheet. Usually, you just pop in the resource ID of a BMP resource, but BMPs are way big compared to compressed formats. I believe it's also possible to pass the property sheet an HBITMAP, if you pass the PSH_USEHBMWATERMARK flag, but my chops aren't good enough to know an "obvious" way to load a PNG or JPEG resource into a CBitmap. I've poked around on various sources, and found plenty of ways to load JPEGs, but the classes all seem to offer their own d...

I have lost the bar showing page numbers.
I have lost the bar showing the page numbers and I need to go to the next page. So how can I get the bar back? ...

I need to link 4 pivot tables that are on a single page.
I have the tables all set and their labels are in place and I have the box ready with the reference to the list of years - which is the common value in the tables. However, when I opened this workbook for the first time in a couple of years, the code that made the box work is missing. Right now, I am brain dead on how I did this, but am certain that it was a tip from either DataPig or Contextures. After looking at both of them, I am just as lost. Does anyone do this? I am not a VBA person and am only really good at Excel - NOT great! -- TheTraveler The code is missing...