vista publisher network places

i upgraded to Vista and am having trouble uploading to my website that has
been up and running for years using xp and publisher 07. Now I keep getting
an error message that "cannot find url or network connections. Vista does not
have "network places". can anyone help me

Prepare, publish, and maintain your Publisher Web site:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA100947601033.aspx
It is written for Pub 2007, but if you are using IE7 instead of IE6, then
the directions for using Vista would apply for Pub 2003. FTP uploading has
changed with the introduction of IE7. Pay particular attention to the
instructions for FTP uploading in Vista. You can probably modify these to
use HTTP and mapping a network drive. And if you are using HTTP uploading,
then check to see if the FPSE are working on your host and for your URL.

If you have a form on your site and are using HTTP uploading protocol,
please repost your question on the web group, and I will try to help you
there with more specific suggestions: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign

Please always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of
your site and as much detail as possible.

DavidF

"mcclearnon" <mcclearnon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i upgraded to Vista and am having trouble uploading to my website that has
> been up and running for years using xp and publisher 07. Now I keep
> getting
> an error message that "cannot find url or network connections. Vista does
> not
> have "network places". can anyone help me

0
Nope8657 (939)

Regarding Pure Exchange 2003 network
Hi All, I have two Exchange 2003 servers have same organisation, but diffrent sites in diff Active directory. I am having one of them in remote area. My problem is I am notable to see other site server from another site. 1. What connectors do i need to create for sending mails from one site to another site? 2. And what connectors do i need to create for seeing other exchange servers from my site? Thanks, Tharakesh K. On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:45:43 -0700, "Tharakesh" <Tharakeshk@systechusa.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have two Exchange 2003 servers have same or...

VISTA
When I go to save my excel 2007 worksheet which is running in compatibility mode because I have VISTA I get DOCUMENT NOT SAVED can anybody help? Thank you -- Paula Paula, Your Excel 2007 is not running in compatibility mode because of Vista. Compatibility mode means you have opens a old Excel file made with a version that pre-dates XL 2007 Form the Start menu open Excel. It will open with a blank XL 2007 workbook Add some data and Save Tell us what happens best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PaulaC" <P...

How do I print multiple pages of labels in Publisher 2007?
In the old version, I seleted a label, and printed out the number of sheets needed to get my desired labels. In 2007, I have to figure out how many labels per page, so if I want multiple pages, I need to multiply the labels of each sheet by the pages I want. I just want to go back to the original system without having to calculate everything I do. I don't think there is a workaround except if you are doing a merge. Put the calculator on your quick launch. The print setup leaves a lot to be desired in Publisher 2007. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

Publisher 2003- Printing a card???
I am trying to print 2 cards on one page (8.5 x 11) I have formatted it but I am having problems printing it so it all prints on the right sides but most of all the right side up. Is the only way to do this by putting it through the printer 3 times and rotating one page to an upside down position? HELP!!! Jasmine, hmmmm I am having a little trouble understanding your problem. If you are wanting to print both sides of the card, you are better creating two Publisher files, one with the front and the other with the back. I cannot understand why you need to put the card through the printer t...

I need to convert a scanned photo in Publisher to a jpeg format?
I have scanned a photo from my printer and would like to know how to convert the photo to a jpeg format. The photo is scanned to Publisher 2003. While in a state of withdrawal waiting for components to arrive to repair his dead laptop, Ed notices a message from "jonc9" <jonc9@discussions.microsoft.com>. >I have scanned a photo from my printer and would like to know how to >convert > the photo to a jpeg format. The photo is scanned to Publisher 2003. This once AND JUST THIS ONCE ONLY, right-click the picture in Publisher, click Save As Picture. In *ALL* future i...

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area on vista
Hp lap top, had my first bsod. had not changed anything in 6 days just surfing web. It was slow, and rebooted. bsod. I am in safe mode with network now, if i load into reg vista, it bsod. Here is what I have tried so far. not in any real order Restore to last up date 5/7 Failed restore to 5/4 failed, Restore to day before I added antivirus software 4/29 failed Ran spybot, safe mode Ran cc cleaner safe mode Ran chkdsk c:/r 8 bad sectors. Finally here. This is my work cpu, and i need to get the invoicing out. I have it backed up. I can access it through here. I will say this l...

Outlook 2003 crashes and restarts in Vista
Hi all! I'm hoping to get some help from all of you! After my laptop installed some updates it started to crash Outlook whenever I'm writing an email. I have re-installed Outlook and even uninstalled some of the updates I thought would be conflictive, however it still happens. Here's the error I'm getting: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.8312.0 Application Timestamp: 4a403990 Fault Module Name: OUTLLIB.dll Fault Module Version: 11.0.8313.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a793...

Vista not starting
Hi! My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the 'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory. Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not. The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three restarts It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and (I think) it did not start. Or maybe it ddid. I chanced to look at Event Viewer ( people should make it a practice to do so in the event of unexpected situations) and found a DHCP f...

Can't open Publisher file on other comp having Publisher
I made a cookbook in Publisher 200 and saved it in 3 files. I burned them to a CD. They will open on my computer, but when I give the CD to others who have Publisher 2000 on their computer, it doesn't open. It tells them can't open this file? Doesn't anything you create in publisher automatically save in the publisher format? HELP Jeanne Have the recipients copy the file to their hard drive, then open... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Publisher Templates no longer availiable for selection?
This has been going on for a few months... I need a solution though. When I create a new document, I no longer have the option to select a template... unless I do it from the 'change' template method once the Blank document is created. This in itself I can live with. But MY Templates.... ones that I created are no longer available. I can browse to the template directory... but that's not a real solution. Have I checed a wrong option somewhere? Why would MY Templates disappear and how can I get them back? -- It was on fire when I sat down on it... That's my sto...

how to install php on vista
I try to install php on window vista by running window installer from php.net. But in Configure IIS, I can not find add new extension (.php) in IIS manager. Also there is no php5isapi.dll in php folder. I try to run test.php on localhost, it gives error message "The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration." Need help to solve this problem. Thanks. On 09 Apr 2010, =?Utf-8?B?eW9yaw==?= <york@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I try to install php on window vista by running wind...

Hurry Publisher 2000 HELP
How do I turn OFF tiling in Publusher - trying to get an AD to paper- the file is too large - I have 3 pm deadline & you are my last hope! -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Kad Don via OfficeKB.com <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I turn OFF tiling in Publusher - trying to get an AD to > paper- the file is too large - I have 3 pm deadline & you are my > last hope! Publisher will always tile unless the paper size is large enough. You neglect to tell us the paper size you are using. You need to set the page size ...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

publisher documents stalling
I recently installed office 2003 and when I try to use some of my current publisher documents (created in publisher 2002) they are extremely slow to open and moving around in the document is especially frustrating. even changes pages takes almost 8 seconds each! Please help. Warren Video driver? Read the third FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "warren" <wjones@uniserve.com> wrote in...

Early .Pub versions to convert for Publisher 2003
I have created quite a lot of work in early versions of Publisher, but I cannot even view them in Publisher 2003. Is there a way around this or a simple converter to enable these files to be viewed and preferably worked on in Pub 2003? I actually really loved the early versions and would like to be able to install and use on XP along with Office 2003, so is this possible somehow? Help appreciated. Publisher 2003 should open XP(2002) publications. Are you getting an error? You can install 2002 in its own folder. Create a folder on your hard drive, install Publisher 2002. Othe...

Microsoft RMS POS 2.0 & Vista Home Premium
We just purchased a new PC with Vista Home Premium, and we plan on buying Microsoft RMS POS 2.0. Will version 2.0 of RMS POS run on Vista Home Premium? Thanks, Tom While RMS does on on Vista very well, in my opinion but you will want to make sure that all of addional POS hardware will work with Vista as well i.e. scanners, printers. etc... I know that the TPI plug-in from Mercury is not compatible with Vista and neither are the Mini MIRC check readers from Magtek. Having the ability to process checks is not as critical as it once was, as alot of retailers will no longer accept check...

Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM?
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you. Brian Having 2gig of RAM is a lot better than having 1 GIG or even 512MB. Go for it and you will not regret it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...

Publisher 2003 #48
Hi ... have several documents that need consecutive page numbers; Publishers restarts page numbering at 1 in each file. Publisher 2000 had this control in Tools, but 2003 doesn't. Can somebody please direct me "start page number" command? Thanks in advance. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/results.aspx?qu=page+numbers&av=ZPB110 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "drgeorgep" <drgeorgep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C712B9F-5781-4ABD-BE15-2180250A6FB9@mi...

Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 encountered an error during setup
Hi, I am trying to install Office Publisher 2007 on my Vista machine which already has Office Standard 2007 installed on it. Every time I try and install Publisher, I get an error. I insert the disk, run the project setup file, enter my key, accept the EULA and then it gets to the "Installing Microsoft Publisher 2007" screen. The progress bar starts to fill and then I get the error screen displaying: "Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 encountered an error during setup" This happens every time I try and install it. There is no option to uninstall Publisher from a...

Favorite feature about Vista
The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look better. I sent a message to Laredo Community College and I CCed Alejandra, so I hope Alejandra gets the message that this is not email. "Alejandra Contreras" <i1405104@cisnet.laredo.edu> wrote in message news:uY2t40AsKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. > It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look > better....

Outlook 2007, Vista and Unread Mail
Unread Mail no longer displays the number of new unread mails; instead, folders with new mails are displayed in bold. But when I click on Unread Mail, I can read the mails that are new. How can I get Unread Mail to display the number of Unread Mails, and the folders containing new emails to NOT be displayed in bold? -- Thanks, John Hi John, What happens if you right click on the Unread Mail folder and click properties? Is the "Show number of Unread Items" radio button selected? -- Benjamin Gay [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Installing an "Startup on Login" App on Vista or Windows 7?
To install a .NET app on XP so that it launches when the user logs in, all you had to do was add a folder named Startup to the User's Programs Menu object the Setup project's file system, and create a shortcut in that folder that runs the app's primary output. This does not seem to work with Vista or Windows 7, apparently due to the different location on the disk for the Start menu folder tree. What's the trick to get this to work on either XP, Vista or Windows 7? ...

MSAccess2003 and Vista
I am running an access 2003 application as a Client Server, with the front end on users PCs and the _be on the server. Until now all pcs have been using WindowsXP. A new HP laptop has been purchased with Vista. I had difficulty initially running the application and relinking the _fe to the _be on the server -which is normally a straight forward operation with an XP machine but was unstable with the Vista machine. Eventually after a few tries I got the link working and the application worked fine for an hour or so but then just fell over. I have done the same thing a number of times but ...

Create a .pdf file from MS Publisher
Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 (10-2621-4291) SP-2 I made several parts of a Stationery Suite for a friend running a new/small business, but he doesn't have MS Publisher 2002 installed on his computer. "No problem" I thought, as I have Adobe 6 on my machine, so I could just convert the files into ..PDF files, but apparently I cannot. Will someone be kind enough to advise please? In advance, thank you. John ================================== I think it goes something like this with Adobe; Open your Publisher file, Select File, Print, In the printer name box, use the down ar...

Microsoft Publisher and Mac
I have just moved over to a Mac from a PC and I have designed serveral things using Microsoft Publisher (XP) and i would like to be able to modify and print them on my Powerbook, is there someway for my to open these files in OfficeMacX? I don't think so, although I am not entirely sure. If you can create a .pdf file, you could possible open it the the Mac version of Adobe Acrobat reader. -- J.D. Rocke singing_i_go@att.net Remove the spaces (_) in the username to reply. "Markmac1" <mark@markmccarville.com> wrote in message news:426b0087.0308271320.3755ea09@posting.goog...