Vista Calculator under accessories question.......

I use the calculator function often while viewing spreadsheets in my work.
However, whenever I switch from the calculator to say, Excel, the calculator
'minimizes' from the desktop requiring me to re-open from the toolbar below.
Is there a setting on the calculator that would allow it to remain on screen
while performing other functions?  Thank you! ReBell

Take a look here
http://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/keep-window-always-on-top/5213/

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use the calculator function often while viewing spreadsheets in my work.
> However, whenever I switch from the calculator to say, Excel, the calculator
> 'minimizes' from the desktop requiring me to re-open from the toolbar below.
> Is there a setting on the calculator that would allow it to remain on screen
> while performing other functions?  Thank you! ReBell

0
Mary

Some basic questions about XML

VISTA
When I go to save my excel 2007 worksheet which is running in compatibility mode because I have VISTA I get DOCUMENT NOT SAVED can anybody help? Thank you -- Paula Paula, Your Excel 2007 is not running in compatibility mode because of Vista. Compatibility mode means you have opens a old Excel file made with a version that pre-dates XL 2007 Form the Start menu open Excel. It will open with a blank XL 2007 workbook Add some data and Save Tell us what happens best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PaulaC" <P...

A couple of questions #2
I am using Office Outlook 2003 in Windows XP. My problem is that I tried to send 3 large files, and it did not send. The 3 messages stayed in my outbox. I kept getting the "sending/receiving" box popping up, stalling at 75% and saying "1 task successfully completed", or "0 completed". I was able to delete 2 of the messages in the outbox, but the 3rd won't delete. I can't even move it to another folder. The send/receive box pops up at least 4 times a minute. The icon at the bottom says Microsoft Outlook is synchronizing folders. The error ...

ComboBox Question
I have a spreadsheet with several ComboBoxes on it. Each combo box links to the one lookup list, which contains text in the first column, and a numeric in the second. I've hidden the second column from view within the combo. As an example, my first ComboBox has the following values set: BoundColumn = 2 ColumnCount = 1 LinkedCell = D5 ListFillRange = Lookup!A3:B65536 The idea is as follows - The user selects a text item from the ComboBox list, which is in Column A of the ListFillRange. The numeric value that is in Column B of the ListFillRange--hidden from view in the ComboBox--should...

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area on vista
Hp lap top, had my first bsod. had not changed anything in 6 days just surfing web. It was slow, and rebooted. bsod. I am in safe mode with network now, if i load into reg vista, it bsod. Here is what I have tried so far. not in any real order Restore to last up date 5/7 Failed restore to 5/4 failed, Restore to day before I added antivirus software 4/29 failed Ran spybot, safe mode Ran cc cleaner safe mode Ran chkdsk c:/r 8 bad sectors. Finally here. This is my work cpu, and i need to get the invoicing out. I have it backed up. I can access it through here. I will say this l...

Outlook 2003 crashes and restarts in Vista
Hi all! I'm hoping to get some help from all of you! After my laptop installed some updates it started to crash Outlook whenever I'm writing an email. I have re-installed Outlook and even uninstalled some of the updates I thought would be conflictive, however it still happens. Here's the error I'm getting: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.8312.0 Application Timestamp: 4a403990 Fault Module Name: OUTLLIB.dll Fault Module Version: 11.0.8313.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a793...

select queries that calculate the Median base on group by
I have 2 questions. 1)Is it possible to create additional aggregate functions in MS Access 2007? If yes than this leads to: 2) I would like my select quries to calculate the Median and mode (along with the mean) of each group by row. I can export the entire table to Excel and do it this way but it would be easier to have Access handle it so i can just export the summary table. Well you can calculate the Mode directly by a query, see this example: SELECT TOP 1 Table1.Data FROM Table1 GROUP BY Table1.Data ORDER BY Count(Table1.Data) DESC; This query grabs the first value, w...

RPC over HTTPS Question (2 rpcproxydlll files)
Hi, Taking alook at http://www.mcseworld.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-16746 it would seem that I have the same problem. Right at the bottom of the page is a solution, however I don;t 100% understand the following: "It seems two copies of rpcproxy.dll were at the root of my problem. Both the same identical 26k file, one in c:/windows/system32 & the other in c:/windows/system32/rpcproxy/ Only one of which was given permission to execute in the web service extensions, I added the other into the Required files and your in business. " How would I add the one in the sytem32 folde...

Vista not starting
Hi! My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the 'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory. Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not. The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three restarts It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and (I think) it did not start. Or maybe it ddid. I chanced to look at Event Viewer ( people should make it a practice to do so in the event of unexpected situations) and found a DHCP f...

Calculations in Group footer
Hi, I have a report based on a query. In the query i have several fields (year, attendance, occasions, paper sales). Note i did not group query to derive totals as i permored this task in the report's Year foorter. I.E....sum([Attendance]), sum(Occasions]), etc. I would like to calculate the percent change in each field for every year there is data. For example if Attendance in 2003 is 20 and Attendance in year 2004 is 25 this field calculate the percent change from 2003 to 2004, 25%. Is this even possible, it seems so? thanks in advance, Cecil ...

how to install php on vista
I try to install php on window vista by running window installer from php.net. But in Configure IIS, I can not find add new extension (.php) in IIS manager. Also there is no php5isapi.dll in php folder. I try to run test.php on localhost, it gives error message "The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration." Need help to solve this problem. Thanks. On 09 Apr 2010, =?Utf-8?B?eW9yaw==?= <york@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I try to install php on window vista by running wind...

OpenRecordset Question
Hi, is it possible to select the last record entered, if so how ? Thanks in advance How do you define "last"? Is it the highest AutoNumber value? Or is there a date/time field? Perhaps something like this: Dim rs As DAO.Database Dim strSql As String strSql = "SELECT TOP 1 Table1.* ORDER BY [ID] DESC;" Set rs = dbEngine(0)(0).OpenRecordset(strSql) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Les" <les.stout@bmw....

Microsoft RMS POS 2.0 & Vista Home Premium
We just purchased a new PC with Vista Home Premium, and we plan on buying Microsoft RMS POS 2.0. Will version 2.0 of RMS POS run on Vista Home Premium? Thanks, Tom While RMS does on on Vista very well, in my opinion but you will want to make sure that all of addional POS hardware will work with Vista as well i.e. scanners, printers. etc... I know that the TPI plug-in from Mercury is not compatible with Vista and neither are the Mini MIRC check readers from Magtek. Having the ability to process checks is not as critical as it once was, as alot of retailers will no longer accept check...

Calculation does not consider newly inserted data #2
Hi, following problem: User A opens an existing Spreadsheet (which is being used since �) and replaces a figure by a new one , the inserted data appears, however the sum is not calculated. Even F9 does not help. User A saves and closes Spreadsheet. User B opens the same Spreadsheet and now the sum is calculated correctly although User B has not done anything to the Spreadsheet but open it. User B closes the Spreadsheet again. Now User A opens the Spreadsheet once again and sometimes it works and sometimes not. It seems, that it is no problem of automatic or manual calculation, this has bee...

Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM?
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you. Brian Having 2gig of RAM is a lot better than having 1 GIG or even 512MB. Go for it and you will not regret it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...

Favorite feature about Vista
The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look better. I sent a message to Laredo Community College and I CCed Alejandra, so I hope Alejandra gets the message that this is not email. "Alejandra Contreras" <i1405104@cisnet.laredo.edu> wrote in message news:uY2t40AsKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. > It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look > better....

Installing an "Startup on Login" App on Vista or Windows 7?
To install a .NET app on XP so that it launches when the user logs in, all you had to do was add a folder named Startup to the User's Programs Menu object the Setup project's file system, and create a shortcut in that folder that runs the app's primary output. This does not seem to work with Vista or Windows 7, apparently due to the different location on the disk for the Start menu folder tree. What's the trick to get this to work on either XP, Vista or Windows 7? ...

Interesting Calculation
Hello, I have a 2006 calendar in Excel that I have downloaded from the Office Templates website. I've taken the calendar and added it to a budget spreadsheet I'm building. What I want to do is be able to type in "House Payment: 1200.00" on March 2nd and "Car Payment: 400.00" on March 15th, for example, and be able to calculate those amounts in another field. This means that I need to be able to sum fields that contain numbers and text. Is this possible? Thanks! Dale -- flipknob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ flipkno...

Outlook 2007, Vista and Unread Mail
Unread Mail no longer displays the number of new unread mails; instead, folders with new mails are displayed in bold. But when I click on Unread Mail, I can read the mails that are new. How can I get Unread Mail to display the number of Unread Mails, and the folders containing new emails to NOT be displayed in bold? -- Thanks, John Hi John, What happens if you right click on the Unread Mail folder and click properties? Is the "Show number of Unread Items" radio button selected? -- Benjamin Gay [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

MSAccess2003 and Vista
I am running an access 2003 application as a Client Server, with the front end on users PCs and the _be on the server. Until now all pcs have been using WindowsXP. A new HP laptop has been purchased with Vista. I had difficulty initially running the application and relinking the _fe to the _be on the server -which is normally a straight forward operation with an XP machine but was unstable with the Vista machine. Eventually after a few tries I got the link working and the application worked fine for an hour or so but then just fell over. I have done the same thing a number of times but ...

Question about expanding a CTreeCtrl
Hi all... I want that when a node is double clicked, that node not to be expanded. The node has to be expanded only by clicking on the plus sign (something like the project view in Visual C++ IDE) If I implement NM_DBLCLK message, how can I avoid the node to be expanded? is there a way to do this without subclassing the CTreeCtrl? Thanks Jaime If you dont forward the double click on to the control, it will not expand. Why dont you want to subclass the control? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Jaime Stuardo" <jstuardo@manquehue.net> wrote in message news:...

How i can calculate time
Dear Anybody, pls tell me that i have how i can calculate time in seven different cells A B C D 12.35am 11.30pm 7.00Am 7.00 pm What will be the total Hour and minute of these Please explain in more detail. Do you want the difference between each pair of times? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5F3B614-3A23-4B09-8314-251825CF4F50@microsoft.com... > Dear Anybody, > pls tell me that i have how i can calculate time...

Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script ?
I would like to use Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script, IF the laptop changes from A/C power to Battery power. and I want a second task to monitor when the laptop returns from battery to A/C power. I need help, I can not determine what settings to use once I select event as my triggers. Can any one help ? ...

Product calculation macro
I need my macro to do a calculation in cell h3. The calculation logic should be: Multiply value in cell G3 by value in cell H1. This value should then show up in cell H3. Then I need it to do the same thing for the next row (multiply value in cell G4 by value in cell H1 and place answer in cell H4. I need to this to fill down for all used rows. Thanks in advance. Mike iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row For i = 3 To iLatRow Cells(i,"H).Value = Cells(i,"G").Value * Range("H1").Value Next i -- --- HTH Bob (there&...

If I get 'access denied' one more time with Vista I am going to go to Linux : I hate Vista, I despise Vista. I absolutely hate Vista!
From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not buy Windows 7, maybe never. "U S Army Veteran" <someone@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7Wdnfh2e4m3HYPWnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d@giganews.com... > From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not > buy Windows 7, maybe never. Sounds like you are too stupid to use Windows. You are a perfect candidate for that crappy Ubuntu. Get with Alias, he will be happy to get another user. Don't let the screen door hit your ass on the way out On Tue, 08 Dec 2...