Viewing text box fill colors on screen pub pro 2003

using pub pro 2003 on a dell lap top, windows XP SP2.  I can not get the text
box color fill to display the fill color on the screen.  Prints fine when
sent to printer.  Almost looks like a view property setting but I have tried
all of them.

Do not have this problem on an HP desk top same OS version, same pub version.

Any help?
0
Dan4650 (795)

Read the third FAQ here:
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> using pub pro 2003 on a dell lap top, windows XP SP2.  I can not get the text
> box color fill to display the fill color on the screen.  Prints fine when
> sent to printer.  Almost looks like a view property setting but I have tried
> all of them.
>
> Do not have this problem on an HP desk top same OS version, same pub version.
>
> Any help?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/25/2007 8:43:37 PM
This seemed logical, but did not work.  At one point I was not having this
problem, something changed.  I will pursure updating the video driver it is
ATI

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Read the third FAQ here:
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > using pub pro 2003 on a dell lap top, windows XP SP2.  I can not get the text
> > box color fill to display the fill color on the screen.  Prints fine when
> > sent to printer.  Almost looks like a view property setting but I have tried
> > all of them.
> >
> > Do not have this problem on an HP desk top same OS version, same pub version.
> >
> > Any help?

0
Dan4650 (795)
2/25/2007 9:49:03 PM
Dan wrote:
> This seemed logical, but did not work.  At one point I was not having this
> problem, something changed.

Did it change at aroundabout the time you installed an Adobe product?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Was there a problem with Adobe similar to this?  I have the same software on
a desktop and I'm not experiencing this.  This is only occurring on the
laptop.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Dan wrote:
> > This seemed logical, but did not work.  At one point I was not having this
> > problem, something changed.
>
> Did it change at aroundabout the time you installed an Adobe product?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
Dan4650 (795)
3/4/2007 7:24:02 PM
Dan wrote:
> Sorry, I have not checked this message board for awhile.  I did load Adobe
> professional and it might have started after that, can not swear to it, but I
> did reinstall publisher 2003 and the updates to it on the Microsoft website,
> which didn’t work.
>
> Was there a problem with Adobe similar to this?  I have the same software on
> a desktop and I'm not experiencing this.  This is only occurring on the
> laptop.

With some video cards and system configurations, installing Adobe
Acrobat does something to the system that causes this issue. The
solution is normally an updated video driver.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)

Windows 2003 Office 2003 MUI
Hello Will MSCRM 4.0 Support MUI Platforms? Thanks for any help Regards, M. Tomes ...

Money 2003 Report Problems
When I look at reports (in Money 2003) I can see all my withdrawls, but not my transfers. For example if I pay $100 on my credit card, its not there. Should I set it up as a catagory instead? You don't say what reports you are referring to. Depending on the report type, it doesn't make sense to show transfers. E.g., Income and Expenses. Transfer is neither. In some other reports, you can include or exclude Transfers from the report customization. E.g., Category Spending. "cschear" <cb_schear@msn.com> wrote in message news:080601c365f2$6daea940$a301280a@phx.gbl... &...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Bring all text from "Text" worksheet
I have a workbook that contains a macro that when activated will look for a .txt file at a specific location and then populate the worksheet with the exact text. Within that workbook I want another worksheet to place that information from worksheet "text" into cell A1 of worksheet "txtdd". Thanks for looking at my problem. What have you tried, so far? Are you looking for a formula solution or will (are) you be programming in VBA? Keep in mind that a cell can only hold about 65K characters of pure text. How much data is in the .txt file? Steve in Ohio (To...

Preventing text wrapping
Hi I wasn't sure whether to post here or on the developer site, but here goes. Some of the shapes that a user can "drop" onto the page are small and the associated text tends to wrap around if the text is wider than the width of the shape. Is there any way of preventing this text wrap? Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Best regards, Marek Visio lacks the dotdotdot "Don't show all the te..." feature for it's shapes. On the other hand, you can get shapes to grow so that the geometry always encompasses the text. Open the Blocks stencil, and check out...

HTTP radio button disabled on server type dialog box
I recently updated OL to OL 2002. I tried to setup my hotmail email account by going to Tools/email accounts/add new email account/Next. I wanted to select HTTP radio button on server type dialog but it is disabled. Can anybody please help? ...

Wrap text effected by changing row height
I like to work with a row height of 16 instead of the default of 12.75, however when I change the row height the wrap text option does not update automatically for the row(s) I have changed, but only manually. Is there a possibility to change the row height and have the wrap text work automatically ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

View Webpage

Outlook 2003 #325
Somehow my email was xfer'd to outlook from my primary email provider and now I am receiving my email and my wife's email in Outlook. This occured when my wife was trying to send a picture via email. How can I reverse this? -- Chucky the novice Chucky wrote: > Somehow my email was xfer'd to outlook from my primary email provider and what, precisely, do you mean by that? > and > now > I am receiving my email and my wife's email in Outlook. This occured > when > my wife was trying to send a picture via email. How can I reverse this? reverse wh...

Background color #2
Is there any way to change the background color of the pages I'm working on in Publ 2003 - not for printing, but just for the background while I'm working on the pages? The glare of the white screen bothers my eyes. I have everything changed through properties for windows, desktop, etc., etc. But, I can't figure out if there is a way to change the color in applications - including Publisher, Word, Excel. Any suggestions? Donna in Idaho. This is done thru your main Windows properties dialog box. Right click on a blank area of your desktop. Select Properties. Select App...

How do I get a month name out of a numerical format? (5/1/2003 = May)
Say in one cell (B26) I have the data: 5/31/2004 In another cell on a different file I have the formula: =YEAR([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26) That returns 2004 since in that cell on that linked sheet the dat 5/31/2004 is posted, so 2004 is returned. Say I want to return the month name. If I do =MONTH([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26) I get back 5. How would I make it return May instead of 5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try, For the name of the month in full, =TEXT([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26,"mmmm") For the abbreviated name of the month, =TEXT...

How can I test the text content of a cell
I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell contains H, M or L, and output the result as a number. I cannot get the IF statement to recognise text as true or false - my Excel 2007 gives an error when I try to do something like IF(E9=H ....) is there a way to do this? =IF(E9="H" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:43:01 -0700, catefaulkes <catefaulkes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell >contains H, M or L, and output the result as ...

Forms in two differant views

Forcing a view to be the active view

Outlook 2003
Recently my boss was having problems with Outlook 2003 Reminders not working properly and after some digging I had found some mention that reminders may not work on items in sub folders, though I can't seem to find anything Official from Microsoft that documents this fact. Can anyone point me to an official Microsoft statement for this fact so I have some grounds on recommending a 3rd party solution, otherwise I will be expected to solve the problem myself without the 3rd party add- in.. and I'm guessing this will be near impossible. reminders only fire on default folders in outlo...

Coustom view

Where are my auto text entries?
I recently re-installed Office 2003 on a computer. I did not delete the previous installation...I went to Add / Remove Programs and selected all of the components to Always Run From My Computer. Now, when I try and use my auto text entries in Word, they are gone! I literally have dozens of them. Is there a way that a I can recover them? Please help! Thanks Cindy Where did you save your AutoText entries? If you saved them in the Normal template (which is the default), and you didn't delete that template, the entries should remain intact. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft...

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

Calendar View?

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Publisher 2003 Installation
We are wanting to upgrade our existing Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. Can we install Publisher 2003 on two seperate computers within our home or do we need to buy two copies of the program? Two copies. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "John" <dg4b@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:28722BAD-C90B-42F1-9538-306BCD7CB637@microsoft.com... > We are wanting to upgrade our existing Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. > Can > we install Publisher 2003 on two seperate computers within our home or do > we > need to buy two copies of the program? JoAnn ...