Viewing Publisher files

Hi hope one of you kind people can help?

Someone has sent me some files with the publisher extention of .pub on them. 
I have Office 97 but cannot open them in anything, is there a Microsoft 
viewer or some way I can download Microsoft Publisher so I can view them?

Many thanks in advance
0
12/7/2005 6:21:02 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 5 followers. Follow

20 Replies
951 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 1

thewormman wrote:
> Hi hope one of you kind people can help?
> 
> Someone has sent me some files with the publisher
> extention of .pub on them. I have Office 97 but cannot
> open them in anything, is there a Microsoft viewer or
> some way I can download Microsoft Publisher so I can view
> them?  
> 
> Many thanks in advance
====================================
There is no viewer for .pub files.

Possibly you could ask the sender to convert 
the .pub files to .pdf?

Maybe the sender could use the following info:

Download and install the following free PDF Creator.

PrimoPDF
http://www.primopdf.com/

With your new program installed...open your project
in Publisher and go to...File / Print.

On your Print screen...open the drop window and
select PrimoPDF as your printer.

Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen
and you can browse to a save folder.

When you click...OK..your .pdf file will be created
in your save folder.

The resulting .pdf file can be viewed on any computer
that has the free Adobe Reader installed.

And.....

If you order the free 30 day evaluation version
of Publisher it will still function as a viewer after 
the trial expires.

Free 30 Day Trial Version
http://tinyurl.com/2pabg

-- 

John Inzer


0
oobie (2069)
12/7/2005 7:32:17 PM
Thanks very much John, that is very helpful. The guy who sent me the files 
was not very helpful so I will do as you suggested and get the trial version.

Thanks again

"John Inzer" wrote:

> thewormman wrote:
> > Hi hope one of you kind people can help?
> > 
> > Someone has sent me some files with the publisher
> > extention of .pub on them. I have Office 97 but cannot
> > open them in anything, is there a Microsoft viewer or
> > some way I can download Microsoft Publisher so I can view
> > them?  
> > 
> > Many thanks in advance
> ====================================
> There is no viewer for .pub files.
> 
> Possibly you could ask the sender to convert 
> the .pub files to .pdf?
> 
> Maybe the sender could use the following info:
> 
> Download and install the following free PDF Creator.
> 
> PrimoPDF
> http://www.primopdf.com/
> 
> With your new program installed...open your project
> in Publisher and go to...File / Print.
> 
> On your Print screen...open the drop window and
> select PrimoPDF as your printer.
> 
> Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen
> and you can browse to a save folder.
> 
> When you click...OK..your .pdf file will be created
> in your save folder.
> 
> The resulting .pdf file can be viewed on any computer
> that has the free Adobe Reader installed.
> 
> And.....
> 
> If you order the free 30 day evaluation version
> of Publisher it will still function as a viewer after 
> the trial expires.
> 
> Free 30 Day Trial Version
> http://tinyurl.com/2pabg
> 
> -- 
> 
> John Inzer
> 
> 
> 
0
12/7/2005 10:30:03 PM
I'm feeling somewhat benevolent tonight. Send the file to me and I'll send 
you a .pdf file. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"thewormman" <thewormman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:69DC190D-EF79-4F0D-A6F0-D87EEBDEEAD3@microsoft.com...
> Hi hope one of you kind people can help?
>
> Someone has sent me some files with the publisher extention of .pub on 
> them.
> I have Office 97 but cannot open them in anything, is there a Microsoft
> viewer or some way I can download Microsoft Publisher so I can view them?
>
> Many thanks in advance 


0
jl_paules1 (1069)
12/7/2005 10:34:36 PM
Hi JoAnn

Thanks very much!!!!

Thing is there are quite a few files and 18MB in size, is that OK?

If so you will definately be on my Christmas card list!!!!!!!

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> I'm feeling somewhat benevolent tonight. Send the file to me and I'll send 
> you a .pdf file. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.
> 
> -- 
> 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> 
> 
> 
> "thewormman" <thewormman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:69DC190D-EF79-4F0D-A6F0-D87EEBDEEAD3@microsoft.com...
> > Hi hope one of you kind people can help?
> >
> > Someone has sent me some files with the publisher extention of .pub on 
> > them.
> > I have Office 97 but cannot open them in anything, is there a Microsoft
> > viewer or some way I can download Microsoft Publisher so I can view them?
> >
> > Many thanks in advance 
> 
> 
> 
0
12/7/2005 11:46:01 PM
I have pub 2000 and if that'll do the job I'd be happy to help out.

My email address is

dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com


-- 
Don
-------
Vancouver, USA


"thewormman" <thewormman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:69DC190D-EF79-4F0D-A6F0-D87EEBDEEAD3@microsoft.com...
> Hi hope one of you kind people can help?
>
> Someone has sent me some files with the publisher extention of .pub on 
> them.
> I have Office 97 but cannot open them in anything, is there a Microsoft
> viewer or some way I can download Microsoft Publisher so I can view them?
>
> Many thanks in advance 


0
12/7/2005 11:56:51 PM
Sure - my gmail can handle it.

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"thewormman" <thewormman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:EDF1FEB8-F65D-458A-8E71-CB643B0E35E0@microsoft.com...
> Hi JoAnn
>
> Thanks very much!!!!
>
> Thing is there are quite a few files and 18MB in size, is that OK?
>
> If so you will definately be on my Christmas card list!!!!!!!
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I'm feeling somewhat benevolent tonight. Send the file to me and I'll 
>> send
>> you a .pdf file. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.
>>
>> -- 
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>>
>>
>> "thewormman" <thewormman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:69DC190D-EF79-4F0D-A6F0-D87EEBDEEAD3@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi hope one of you kind people can help?
>> >
>> > Someone has sent me some files with the publisher extention of .pub on
>> > them.
>> > I have Office 97 but cannot open them in anything, is there a Microsoft
>> > viewer or some way I can download Microsoft Publisher so I can view 
>> > them?
>> >
>> > Many thanks in advance
>>
>>
>> 


0
jl_paules1 (1069)
12/8/2005 12:11:20 AM
JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Sure - my gmail can handle it.

Last time I checked, Gmail couldn't handle attachments larger than 10MB.

YouSendIt.com is the way forward!

-- 
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher 


0
the_nerd (6344)
12/8/2005 12:16:20 AM
thewormman wrote:
> Thanks very much John, that is very helpful. The guy who
> sent me the files was not very helpful so I will do as
> you suggested and get the trial version. 
> 
> Thanks again
=====================================
You're welcome.

-- 

John Inzer


0
oobie (2069)
12/8/2005 12:16:53 AM
I've never heard of them. If it involves another email address, I'll have to 
say no. I have too many as it is.

Thewormman - send them in separate emails.

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:%23fLTiy4%23FHA.1600@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> Sure - my gmail can handle it.
>
> Last time I checked, Gmail couldn't handle attachments larger than 10MB.
>
> YouSendIt.com is the way forward!
>
> -- 
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> 


0
jl_paules1 (1069)
12/8/2005 12:28:01 AM
JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I've never heard of them. If it involves another email address, I'll
> have to say no. I have too many as it is.

It's a website that will store files for a week up to 1GB in size, and send 
a link to a target email address.

Doesn't clog up mailboxes, and doesn't break when your mail provider only 
allows a certain size.

-- 
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher 


0
the_nerd (6344)
12/8/2005 12:33:18 AM
Lots of nice people!!!!!!

JoAnn and Don

Have sent them split into 2 zipped files to get size smaller

Thought I would send them to you both in case one of you had problems

Hope that is OK

Restores your faith in human kindness!!!!!!


0
12/8/2005 1:07:02 AM
That's pretty cool. I am going to tuck that site away for safe keeping. 
Thank you, Ed!

(One of the best things about newsgroups is dealing with others who have 
information to share. Maybe it's not exactly on-topic but learning something 
new is always a good thing.)

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:%238va$74%23FHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> I've never heard of them. If it involves another email address, I'll
>> have to say no. I have too many as it is.
>
> It's a website that will store files for a week up to 1GB in size, and 
> send a link to a target email address.
>
> Doesn't clog up mailboxes, and doesn't break when your mail provider only 
> allows a certain size.
>
> -- 
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> 


0
jl_paules1 (1069)
12/8/2005 1:21:20 AM
JoAnn,

"thewormman" sent me the files but I am unable to open them with Pub 2000.
('holding out until Publisher 2006 gets to the market place).

Good luck,

don


"thewormman" <thewormman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:FB6E103C-2F03-4DB2-9C42-3DB53CDABFD7@microsoft.com...
> Lots of nice people!!!!!!
>
> JoAnn and Don
>
> Have sent them split into 2 zipped files to get size smaller
>
> Thought I would send them to you both in case one of you had problems
>
> Hope that is OK
>
> Restores your faith in human kindness!!!!!!
>
> 


0
12/8/2005 3:12:12 AM
Ship them over to my gmail account.  :-)

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message 
news:11pf948khhbu053@corp.supernews.com...
> JoAnn,
>
> "thewormman" sent me the files but I am unable to open them with Pub 2000.
> ('holding out until Publisher 2006 gets to the market place).
>
> Good luck,
>
> don
>
>
> "thewormman" <thewormman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:FB6E103C-2F03-4DB2-9C42-3DB53CDABFD7@microsoft.com...
>> Lots of nice people!!!!!!
>>
>> JoAnn and Don
>>
>> Have sent them split into 2 zipped files to get size smaller
>>
>> Thought I would send them to you both in case one of you had problems
>>
>> Hope that is OK
>>
>> Restores your faith in human kindness!!!!!!
>>
>>
>
> 


0
jl_paules1 (1069)
12/8/2005 4:37:54 AM
Hi JoAnn

Did you get the files OK?
Wasn't sure as I hadn't heard.

Don 
Thanks for trying, man!!!!!

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Ship them over to my gmail account.  :-)
> 
> -- 
> 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> 
> 
> 
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message 
> news:11pf948khhbu053@corp.supernews.com...
> > JoAnn,
> >
> > "thewormman" sent me the files but I am unable to open them with Pub 2000.
> > ('holding out until Publisher 2006 gets to the market place).
> >
> > Good luck,
> >
> > don
> >
> >
> > "thewormman" <thewormman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:FB6E103C-2F03-4DB2-9C42-3DB53CDABFD7@microsoft.com...
> >> Lots of nice people!!!!!!
> >>
> >> JoAnn and Don
> >>
> >> Have sent them split into 2 zipped files to get size smaller
> >>
> >> Thought I would send them to you both in case one of you had problems
> >>
> >> Hope that is OK
> >>
> >> Restores your faith in human kindness!!!!!!
> >>
> >>
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
12/8/2005 9:11:02 PM
If you have a ?'s about pub. don't hesitate to ask me , I will at least
give you an answer that is respectful, unlike Sarah . What a
BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

0
12/8/2005 10:50:20 PM
On 8 Dec 2005 14:50:20 -0800, "Michelle" <michelle29732@gmail.com>
wrote:

>If you have a ?'s about pub. don't hesitate to ask me , I will at least
>give you an answer that is respectful, unlike Sarah . What a
>BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Nasty or not, her answers are usually quite correct. Go join Jimbo in
the corner, please.

Blessed be, for sure...
0
T1317 (75)
12/9/2005 6:54:46 PM
You make a great pair of trolls.

"Jim" <grizzlyAIN'T@cascocastle.com> wrote in message 
news:rlkjp1t399p68kteb3ascovbqk96u961kk@4ax.com...
> On 8 Dec 2005 14:50:20 -0800, "Michelle" <michelle29732@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>If you have a ?'s about pub. don't hesitate to ask me , I will at least
>>give you an answer that is respectful, unlike Sarah . What a
>>BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Nasty or not, her answers are usually quite correct. Go join Jimbo in
> the corner, please.
>
> Blessed be, for sure... 


0
Jimbo
12/9/2005 7:22:52 PM
Jim,

There's a difference between being correct and helpful. Take the guy in 
a hot air balloon who is blown completely off course but manages to get 
close to a high-rise building, close enough to ask a sunbather on the 
roof where he is at.

"You're in a hot-air balloon approximately 180 feet above the earth."

That may be correct, but it doesn't help.

Mike

Jim wrote:
> On 8 Dec 2005 14:50:20 -0800, "Michelle" <michelle29732@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> 
> 
>>If you have a ?'s about pub. don't hesitate to ask me , I will at least
>>give you an answer that is respectful, unlike Sarah . What a
>>BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!
> 
> 
> Nasty or not, her answers are usually quite correct. Go join Jimbo in
> the corner, please.
> 
> Blessed be, for sure...
0
wordwiz (948)
12/9/2005 10:46:51 PM
Hi

Just to let you know that the very nice Jo Ann has now converted the files 
for me, so help is no longer needed.

But I would like to thank everyone who offered FRIENDLY advice, it was very 
much appreciated!

0
12/11/2005 4:20:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Mail Messages HTML Viewing
I am using win XP and Office 2002. When I receive messages with html format i can only see the url's and not the pictures. I have checked all the settings, I have the box in options/mail format/internet settings/html format checked to receive pictures and still just the url. I runn norton and zone alarm but can't see any settings in these that would restrict the downloading of pictures. Any thoughts? What are your IE settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual...

manipulated a data file in excel
Is there any way to have a button in excel where when I click on it, i will let me choose a data file (by pointing and clicking) that's comm delimited and I can simply sum up an array of numbers and import tha sum into a cell? I don't want to put the text file into th spreadsheet, but rather just sum of the numers I want into a specifi cell. Thanks -- skinnydud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- skinnydude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1627 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

possible to show an XML file using CHTML?
I have a XML file, and it uses XSL to parse it to HTML. That XSL file also contains javascript. I just want to know if CHTML would be able to display the XML file and parse it usign XSL just like internet explorer does? Is CHTML basically an "IE plugin" that we use in MFC? If so then I'd assume it would work. I just want to make sure.... You can use CHtmlView to display it. Or you can use the IWebBrowser control. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/simplebrowserformfc.asp AliR. "Kourosh" <kderakhshan@msn.com> wrote in message news:1147717929.593067.319000@v4...

I get a file in use message telling me that the file is locked ?
This is a one user computer and the file is not being used. The box containing the error message says "FILE IN USE". If I reboot I can get into the file once only before having the same error message. I have tried saving the file under a different file name but that file acts the same. I have checked permisions and that is not the problem either .....HELP! ...

Files and Folders in C:\Windows
I'm trying to conserve space on a small HD on a laptop, and would like to know if I can remove the following files and directories. 1) Numerous files and folders in C:\WINDOWS with various names that have modified dates going back to the installation date of XP. C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB873333 C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstallIDNMitigationAPIs$ C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB835732$ 2) There are numerous files and folders in the 'C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\' directory with long alphanumeric names ( examples are shown below) C:...

can't open file #2
I created publisher 2000 files on a windows98 SE COMPUTER. I saved the files to disk. Just got a new Vista computer. I installed the publisher 2000 on the new computer. The disk shows the files but publisher says it cannot open them. Any hints? thanks -- joy artisan lampwork beads and jewelry http://wildorchidpotteryandart.com Try copying the saved files from the disk to the hard drive on your new computer and opening them from there. Bruce "wildorchid" wrote: > I created publisher 2000 files on a windows98 SE COMPUTER. I saved the files > to disk. Just got a new Vis...

the webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window
We have an internal web interface for our helpdesk system. When we finish working with a "call" it attempts to unlock the call and we get the message as above. More often than not, we need to say YES to the message. Any ideas how to get it to not appear? -- Keithmeister Hi, Which security zone does the page/popup load into? Hint: Is IE configured to automatically detect sites in the Intranet zone? What 'call' software are you using? Have you attempted to contact the vendor? Regards. "Keithmeister" <Keithmeister@discussions.microsoft.co...

Using custom document peroperties to creat views in Public Folders
How do I use custom document properties to create views in public folders? I came across an article for Outlook 2000. I tried doing this for Outlook 2007 but I am unable to. Please assist. The article I came across was http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA010549541033.aspx However this only appears to work for 2000 not 2007. Hopefully someone can help. "Whoadieson" wrote: > How do I use custom document properties to create views in public folders? I > came across an article for Outlook 2000. I tried doing this for Outlook 2007 > but I am unable t...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

File:// Linking...
Why is it that when you link something in Outlook with file:// when clicking on the link it returns the error Outlook 2000: "Cannot find the file 'file://Q:\blahblahblah' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." Outlook 2003 "Cannot find the file "Q:\blahblahblah'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." It used to work before any service releases to Outlook 2000 were applied. There are typically no spaces in the filename and if they are I usually replace th...

m_pDocument Doc/View unique id for each view
I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view. While I'm in the view portion I need to track the actions taken individually and separately for each view. So when when I click on view one I track that in a separate place than view two. I there a unique id or index for each view? Something like m_pDocument->ID? Thank you, Joshua <jtfaulk@eudoramail.com> wrote in message news:1111085780.370621.117620@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view. While I'm in the > view portion I need to track the actions taken...

How to add a configuration file to a MFC project?
hi, I want to add a configuration file to a MFC project ,how an i get that? and I have a command like the following line: copy app.config $(ConfigurationName)\$(TargetFileName).config Where do I need to put? Any ideas would be appreciated! -ja Yes, I already know how to do it,thanks a lot! -ja "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> д����Ϣ����:%23ymi%23P%23yGHA.4176@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > What does it mean? Do you want to perform copying as part of build > process? > In VS, you can do so in Pre-Build, Pre-Link and Post-Build steps. You can > specify the...

HTML code fragment options not available in Publisher 2000
Neither the tool on the left toolbar for inserting html code fragment, or the function in the Insert Menu are available. They are both grayed out. How do I create html code fragment in Publisher 2000? You will need a web page built to do it. Start Publisher, create part or all of a web page, then do a File, Save as a web page. Now select Insert, Html code fragment, select an area on your web page (anywhere you can move it later) with the mouse pointer with a left click. A window will open allowing you to write the code for the fragment. -- Don Vancouver, USA "smsbear1" &l...

View Webpage
How can i view a HTML page in Excel, it should also be automatically update in 60 seconds. Is this possible? Please note that, that page contains images That webpage is on our intranet website. Regards, Murtaza Though I am not certain this is exactly what you are looking for, try the following: Data, Import External Data, then New Web Query... In the dialog box that appears, browse the site. You will notice that at certain areas of the page you will see an arrow. Just click the ones that you want to import. Click import. Select the cell you want to import the data into and click OK. Hope...

Publisher staples multiple copies together on network printer. Fix
When we try to print multiple copies of a Publisher document, that are collated and stapled, the network printer staples all the copies together, rather than individually. We have tried unchecking the collate box on the first tab of print properties, having it checked, etc.- basically we have tried almost every variation, and it always staples all copies together. Your printer driver controls that, not Publisher. Did you check to see if there is a newer driver? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "CalQL8&quo...

Forms in two differant views
Is there a way to use the same sub form showing two differant views within the same Main Form. For example: Can I show on one tab a datasheet view and on the other a regular form view. -- Rose Hi Rose, Create a button on your form and under the "OnClick" event put 'Me.DefaultView = Datasheet Alternatively you could use a checkbox If me.checkbox1 = 0 then Me.DefaultView = 2 ' Datasheet Else Me.DefaultView = 0 'Single Form End if me.repaint This should flick the form between datasheet and form views. HTH, Nick. "Rose" wrote: > Is there a way to use t...

Forcing a view to be the active view
Hello! I have an SDI application that has a splitter window with two views. The first view is an CFormView and the second is a CView. I want the CFormView to always be the Active view. Even if the user selects the CView. How do I accomplish this? // Anders Anders Eriksson wrote: > Hello! > > I have an SDI application that has a splitter window with two views. The > first view is an CFormView and the second is a CView. I want the CFormView > to always be the Active view. Even if the user selects the CView. > > How do I accomplish this? > > // Anders I'd ...

Duplicate detection Rules stuck in "Publishing" status
Hi I have a CRM NLB cluster with a 2 x Web and 2 x SQL Servers. I cannot get the CRM Duplicate detection rules to publish. Any help? ...

How do I change the Volume/Issue in a Publisher template
I'm using Publisher 2003 and would like to know how to change the Volume and Issue numbers in the newsletter template. You will have to manually type the volume and number, Publisher will automatically delete the text. Or copy the high-lighted text, "paste special" as unformatted text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "wjhanna" <wjhanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3F72DFA-BC75-49EC-A233-60DD9356F9C1@microsoft.com... > I'm using Publisher 2003 and would like...

Coustom view
Hi, I have been given a new work station and for some reason my custom view is not highlighted and is not working. I don't think it is as add-in feature. Excel heip has not been of any (help). Does someone know how to enable this feature? Thanks, Michael Michael Custom Views will be disabled if you have more than one sheet selected. Do you see [group] behind the filename on title bar? If so, right-click on a tab and "ungroup sheets". Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:28:03 -0800, "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Changing View -- All Folders
Using Outlook 2007, Windows XP Pro. I have dozens of mail folders in Outllook. I would like to change the view (to the right of the folder tree) on all folders. There seems to be no apparent way to do this. Any ideas? Thanks, Ross See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EAS...

*.csv file question
Question : I have *.csv file that contains data I would like to chart using MS Excel . The data in the *.csv file is updated by another window every minute for a period of 7 hours. If I load the *.csv file into Excel my chart will be current for only one minute. Is it possible to reload the same *.csv file one minute later and have an updated chart and will this present a possible conflict with the other window if I load the file at the same time the other window is updating the data ? On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:48:21 -0600, "Rob" <rls_jls@worldnet.att.net> wrote: Have a loo...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

restrict file sync
Using Windows Home Server with an HP MediaServer and I've got two minor problems: 1. The Server Console says I need to update the HP media collector software on the client side but the client seems up to day (all HP updates are done) 2. I want to restrict the Media Collector to a certain file (F:/pictures) but it will only specify which drives to sync (e.g. all of F:). I can't seem to expand the drop menu in the mediacollector window beyond the root directory. Any ideas? Hi, this is the media center newsgroup, not the media collector group. You need to repost in an H...

OL98 start up view
I recently had to reinstall my WInXP and now my OL98 has a couple of issues I'd like to fix. I've set up my mail account (with POP3 and SMTP servers) but when I try to use it I get a message saying that internet mail is not registered properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Also, I used to start up OL98 so that the first view was not Outlook Today. How do I change that? I guess I can't remember how to do things that I only do once every three years. Thanks for any suggestions! John Keith kd0gd@juno.com John Keith kd0gd@juno.com You might want to have a look at this MS KB ...