View two page spread?

Hello,
I clicked on View>two page spread because I want to view both sides of a
single sheet at the same time.  However, the view does not change even though
there is a check mark next to the command.
Shouldn't I be able to view both sides of a sheet at once?
TIA,
Catt
0
Catt (39)

Catt <Catt@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> I clicked on View>two page spread because I want to view both sides
> of a single sheet at the same time.  However, the view does not
> change even though there is a check mark next to the command.
> Shouldn't I be able to view both sides of a sheet at once?

Nope.  Two-page spread will only view spreads where there would be spreads
in the finished publication - e.g., between pages 2 and 3.

Print Preview will let you preview multiple pages at once, regardless of
their finished positions.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
2/7/2006 1:46:06 PM
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:35:37 +0000, Catt wrote
(in article <4930EFDB-ED35-4663-B843-3F8EEDD41613@microsoft.com>):

> Hello,
> I clicked on View>two page spread because I want to view both sides of a
> single sheet at the same time.  However, the view does not change even though

> there is a check mark next to the command.
> Shouldn't I be able to view both sides of a sheet at once?
> TIA,
> Catt

Not sure what you mean. You can only view more than one page if your project
is on more than one page. What do you mean by "both sides of a single sheet"?
If you only have one page, you can't view two! That's common sense!

-2
naggingdoubt (192)
2/7/2006 1:46:07 PM
Margolotta <naggingdoubt@thebackofyourmind.invalid> was very recently
heard to utter:
> Not sure what you mean. You can only view more than one page if your
> project is on more than one page. What do you mean by "both sides of
> a single sheet"? If you only have one page, you can't view two!
> That's common sense!

You're confusing "page" with "sheet".

One sheet of paper, two pages.  A front page and a back page.  Unless of
course you are clever and twist it and tape it up such that there really is
only one side, which is continuous.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
2/7/2006 1:52:19 PM
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:35:37 +0000, Catt wrote
(in article <4930EFDB-ED35-4663-B843-3F8EEDD41613@microsoft.com>):

> Hello,
> I clicked on View>two page spread because I want to view both sides of a
> single sheet at the same time.  However, the view does not change even though

> there is a check mark next to the command.
> Shouldn't I be able to view both sides of a sheet at once?
> TIA,
> Catt

Page/sheet, whatever. You're arguing semantics. Unless you're duplexing, it
amounts to the same thing.

0
naggingdoubt (192)
2/7/2006 2:02:31 PM
Margolotta <naggingdoubt@thebackofyourmind.invalid> was very recently
heard to utter:
> Page/sheet, whatever. You're arguing semantics. Unless you're
> duplexing, it amounts to the same thing.

I'm arguing printing.  It was obvious from the OP that it would be duplexed.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
2/7/2006 2:26:30 PM
You can view a two-page spread if you create 3 pages. The view will be pages 2
and 3, once you are finished creating, you can delete page one. It is a way to
see the pages side by side.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Margolotta <naggingdoubt@thebackofyourmind.invalid> was very recently
> heard to utter:
>> Page/sheet, whatever. You're arguing semantics. Unless you're
>> duplexing, it amounts to the same thing.
>
> I'm arguing printing.  It was obvious from the OP that it would be duplexed.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

1
gsauer (5095)
2/7/2006 3:39:17 PM
"Catt" <Catt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,

> I clicked on View>two page spread because I want to view both sides of a
> single sheet at the same time.  However, the view does not change even
though
> there is a check mark next to the command.
> Shouldn't I be able to view both sides of a sheet at once?
> TIA,
> Catt

Short answer: temporarily add a new page at the start of your publication.
This will throw all your pages forward one and so let you see two sides
of each page as a spread.

Longer answer:normally the two page display in DTP programs is so
as to allow you to see how a two page spread will look. This is so
as to identify and resolve possible layout issues. In other words the
display only shows what you can physically see. As you can't see both
sides of a page at once there's no requirement to show both sides. Only
facing pages.

However if you temporarily insert a new empty page 1 at the start, this will
move
page 1 to page 2. page 2 to page 3 etc, etc And so each spread will now
show what were formerly both sides of a sheet. Although why you should need
to see both sides is another matter.

michael adams

mjadams25 (5)
2/7/2006 3:48:27 PM
Thanks for all the replies. The final reply spelled it all out.  This was a
print issue. The back of the page, after printing, was not being fully
printed even though the guides were the same as page one and everything was
within the layout guides.  The only way to make sure that the page elements
were laid out correctly was to view the page side by side.
Print preview allowed me to see it.
Inserting one empty page before the document (overriding Publishers
suggestion that I should add two (since I was viewing in a two page spread)
allowed me to see both pages side by side.

"michael adams" wrote:

> "Catt" <Catt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
>
> > I clicked on View>two page spread because I want to view both sides of a
> > single sheet at the same time.  However, the view does not change even
> though
> > there is a check mark next to the command.
> > Shouldn't I be able to view both sides of a sheet at once?
> > TIA,
> > Catt
>
> Short answer: temporarily add a new page at the start of your publication.
> This will throw all your pages forward one and so let you see two sides
> of each page as a spread.
>
> Longer answer:normally the two page display in DTP programs is so
> as to allow you to see how a two page spread will look. This is so
> as to identify and resolve possible layout issues. In other words the
> display only shows what you can physically see. As you can't see both
> sides of a page at once there's no requirement to show both sides. Only
> facing pages.
>
> However if you temporarily insert a new empty page 1 at the start, this will
> move
> page 1 to page 2. page 2 to page 3 etc, etc And so each spread will now
> show what were formerly both sides of a sheet. Although why you should need
> to see both sides is another matter.
>

> michael adams

Catt (39)
2/7/2006 4:28:28 PM
Semantics? You are thick. You don't know the difference between a sheet and
a page? Of course they're not the same. Doofus.

"Margolotta" <naggingdoubt@thebackofyourmind.invalid> wrote in message
> On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:35:37 +0000, Catt wrote
>
> Page/sheet, whatever. You're arguing semantics. Unless you're duplexing,
> it
> amounts to the same thing.

0
box134 (49)
2/10/2006 3:39:19 AM
Give it up Ed she doesn't know anything about Publisher or even Word.  You're
arguing with a mental midget.  Monkey's only repeat can't think for
themselves.  You know you are smarter than her so ignore the ignorance and
maybe, just maybe it will fade away.  You should see what she writes on her
website and on UK's forum.  Braindead is braindead and no matter how much you
argue or how right you are you can't put a human brain in a monkey's butt.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Margolotta <naggingdoubt@thebackofyourmind.invalid> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > Page/sheet, whatever. You're arguing semantics. Unless you're
> > duplexing, it amounts to the same thing.
>
> I'm arguing printing.  It was obvious from the OP that it would be duplexed.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Granny31 (46)
2/11/2006 7:40:14 AM
See Ed and Michael she figured it out, that's what both of you said to do.
So feel glad that she ignored the rest of the litter.  I didn't answer
because it would only be repeating the correct answers of you both. Cuddos

"Catt" wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies. The final reply spelled it all out.  This was a
> print issue. The back of the page, after printing, was not being fully
> printed even though the guides were the same as page one and everything was
> within the layout guides.  The only way to make sure that the page elements
> were laid out correctly was to view the page side by side.
> Print preview allowed me to see it.
> Inserting one empty page before the document (overriding Publishers
> suggestion that I should add two (since I was viewing in a two page spread)
> allowed me to see both pages side by side.
>
> "michael adams" wrote:
>

> > "Catt" <Catt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> >
> > > I clicked on View>two page spread because I want to view both sides of a
> > > single sheet at the same time.  However, the view does not change even
> > though
> > > there is a check mark next to the command.
> > > Shouldn't I be able to view both sides of a sheet at once?
> > > TIA,
> > > Catt
> >
> > Short answer: temporarily add a new page at the start of your publication.
> > This will throw all your pages forward one and so let you see two sides
> > of each page as a spread.
> >
> > Longer answer:normally the two page display in DTP programs is so
> > as to allow you to see how a two page spread will look. This is so
> > as to identify and resolve possible layout issues. In other words the
> > display only shows what you can physically see. As you can't see both
> > sides of a page at once there's no requirement to show both sides. Only
> > facing pages.
> >
> > However if you temporarily insert a new empty page 1 at the start, this will
> > move
> > page 1 to page 2. page 2 to page 3 etc, etc And so each spread will now
> > show what were formerly both sides of a sheet. Although why you should need
> > to see both sides is another matter.
> >

> > michael adams

Granny31 (46)

Two system folders after XP reinstall
I am running XP Pro, SP3 on a five user computer. I have admin rights and need advice about this scenario: I upgraded from OEM XP Home Edition to XP Pro three years ago without any problems and the system folder remained C:WINNT. Three months ago I did a "Repair install of Windows XP by starting your computer from the Windows XP CD". Without deleting the current installation of "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" I pressed ENTER to set up Windows XP. The reinstall was done without any problems and I presently have all the recent Microsoft updates and use IE8 a...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Compare two strings and find longest common sub-string
The problem seems relatively straightward to the human eye but I imagine it's quite difficult to do in VBA without prior knowledge of what the strings contain. If I have two strings like: The quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown cow The quick red fox just stood there How would I compare them and identify "quick red fox" as the longest common sub-string? I suppose I would have to start by reading one of the strings into an array and comparing its elements against the second string? Or somehow use the Filter function to send the matching items to another array? B...

Importing a web page to excell
Is there any way, other than copy & paste, to copy a web page into excell using a program? Thank yoy, Gordon Browser: File => Save Excel: File => Open "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1170894026.149526.299210@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way, other than copy & paste, to copy a web page into > excell using a program? > > Thank yoy, > > Gordon > try placing your cursor in the table on the web site you want>right click>import to microsoft excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@a...

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

Forcing a view to be the active view

Coustom view

Generating third worksheet from two others
I have two worksheets, one called NETINCOME that has revenue and cost data. The other is SG&A that has other expenses. They have the same format in terms of rows and columns. I would like to create at third worksheet that would have the NETINCOME worksheet at the top and the SG&A worksheet below. I'd like to keep making changes in NETINCOME and SG&A and have them reflected in the combined sheet. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could do this most easily? Thanks. Michael Hi Open a Blank workbook and NETINCOME. In the blank workbook, A1 type = and switch to NETINC...

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

Calendar View?

two exchange mailboxes in Outlook
Hi, This is my first post in your forum. I tried finding a solution for this in your newsgroup but I have been so far unsuccessful. We have Exchange 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Server. I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and has her personal exchange mailbox configured for it as well as an additional mailbox for humanresources. What is happening is sometimes, she will receive messages destined to the humanresources mailbox that will go to her personal exchange mailbox. When I verify these messages, they have the humanresources e-mail address in the To: field. There ...

Pivot table page field problem
I have set up a pivot table with a page field for account name. I'm having a problem where I select an account from the page field drop down box, but when the pivot table updates, some of the time it shows data for a different account. For instance, if I select Supplies, the page field will show Supplies after my choice, but if I double click on a cell in the table itself, the resulting data is for Travel expense. It's not consistently wrong, just sometimes. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Perhaps some of the captions were accidentally changed. You...

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Form does not display the same on two different PC's
I have a form set to display a blank record when it opens. This works on all the PC's except one. Is there something in the set up of Access on that PC that would affect this? What does the form show that is different on this computer? Is the database split with each user having a copy of the front end? Any other differences between the computers such as version of Access? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Taz" wrote: > I have a form set to display a blank record when it opens. This works on a...

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

spurious line after \page
I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations-- SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination thereafter); BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top); YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page).... UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I know). Ray. I don't understand your terminology. What do you...

"Sales Receipt" Phrase Wraps onto Two Lines
Anyone know how to get the "Sales Receipt" statment on the 40 Column Receipt formatted so that it doesn't wrap onto two lines? I tried the paper width in receipt properties, but that didn't work. Is there details somewhere on the different attributes for the receipt properties? As an example, how do you determine the proper width? Jerry, What make & model printer? Windows or OPOS drivers? I have set paper widths between 2.4 and 3.0 without problems. Also take a look at the right margin settings. After making your change, click refresh and then print. -- * &quo...

Can these two programs run simultaneously...
Hello all, I know Microsoft Money 2004 and 2006 can not be running at the same time on the same PC, but is it possible to have Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe edition running at the same time as Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006? They will be working on different accounts 1 personal and 1 business, I'm just curious if that's even possible? Thanks, Shhhh They are not linked in anyway so it should without any problem Steve "Shhhh" <123@456.com> wrote in message news:VLydneDa_YEYrdnYnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@comcast.com... > Hello all, > > I know Micr...

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...

How do I make my spread sheet print at full size?
My spread sheet has somehow resized itself to print at about 1/8 of the print preview - fills approximately 1/8 of the page - I cannot find a place to instruct it to print full size that works. Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup' and choose the scale of your printout -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "City of Churdan" <CityofChurdan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:865ECE39-764D-4E5C-883F-CB12412F9ED0@microsoft.com... > My spread sheet has somehow resized itself to print at about 1/8 of the print > preview - fills approximately 1/8 of the...