View Pub 2002 files in home pub 2000

My wife did some work with Pub 2002 and we tried to view the files on our home computer that has home pub 2000. It did not recognize the  .pub file extension.
I tried to save the files as pub 2000 on her computer but still no good. The file extension that home pub 2000 recognize's .php , is there a way I can view these?
0
sunni2003 (2)

Sorry - Home Publishing is not the same as Publisher. You could create a
..pdf file and view that. If you don't have Acrobat, you can download a free
program from PrimoPDF (www.PrimoPDF.com). I will forewarn you, if you don't
have broadband, it will take a while. It's a 10MB file.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sunni2003" <sunni2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My wife did some work with Pub 2002 and we tried to view the files on our
> home computer that has home pub 2000. It did not recognize the  .pub file
> extension.
> I tried to save the files as pub 2000 on her computer but still no good.
> The file extension that home pub 2000 recognize's .php , is there a way I
> can view these?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
7/20/2004 1:18:43 AM
Under no circumstances will the little kiddies program Home Publisher
recognise Publisher files from any version.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)

Best shapes to use for a site plan with a home outline
I am using Visio to create a site plan for a home site. I'm talking about a single line to create the perimeter of the property and a single line to create the outline of the home. The idea is to create what looks like a building lot survey from a surveyor with a home outline placed on the lot. That simple. I find that the "property line shape" works fine for the property line. The only shape that I can find to easily draw a thin line outline of a house is the "line with extensions" shape. It works OK, I just don't understand why I can't find a "...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

manipulated a data file in excel
Is there any way to have a button in excel where when I click on it, i will let me choose a data file (by pointing and clicking) that's comm delimited and I can simply sum up an array of numbers and import tha sum into a cell? I don't want to put the text file into th spreadsheet, but rather just sum of the numers I want into a specifi cell. Thanks -- skinnydud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- skinnydude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1627 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

possible to show an XML file using CHTML?
I have a XML file, and it uses XSL to parse it to HTML. That XSL file also contains javascript. I just want to know if CHTML would be able to display the XML file and parse it usign XSL just like internet explorer does? Is CHTML basically an "IE plugin" that we use in MFC? If so then I'd assume it would work. I just want to make sure.... You can use CHtmlView to display it. Or you can use the IWebBrowser control. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/simplebrowserformfc.asp AliR. "Kourosh" <kderakhshan@msn.com> wrote in message news:1147717929.593067.319000@v4...

excel 2000 convert to excel 2003
Hi I would like to move current excell 2000 spread sheets and open them in 2003 excel. Please help in any way. I have copied my excell 2000 data onto a floppy however it will not open in Excel 2003 XL2000 and XL2003 share exactly the same file format and so should open just fine in either. However, you should never open XL files on floppies - XL uses temporary files, which may exceed the capacity of the floppy. Instead, copy the file from the floppy to your HD before opening. In article <72864281-728A-4B27-8317-A760E6440BB2@microsoft.com>, cityof <cityof@discussions.microsoft...

I get a file in use message telling me that the file is locked ?
This is a one user computer and the file is not being used. The box containing the error message says "FILE IN USE". If I reboot I can get into the file once only before having the same error message. I have tried saving the file under a different file name but that file acts the same. I have checked permisions and that is not the problem either .....HELP! ...

Files and Folders in C:\Windows
I'm trying to conserve space on a small HD on a laptop, and would like to know if I can remove the following files and directories. 1) Numerous files and folders in C:\WINDOWS with various names that have modified dates going back to the installation date of XP. C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB873333 C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstallIDNMitigationAPIs$ C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB835732$ 2) There are numerous files and folders in the 'C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\' directory with long alphanumeric names ( examples are shown below) C:...

can't open file #2
I created publisher 2000 files on a windows98 SE COMPUTER. I saved the files to disk. Just got a new Vista computer. I installed the publisher 2000 on the new computer. The disk shows the files but publisher says it cannot open them. Any hints? thanks -- joy artisan lampwork beads and jewelry http://wildorchidpotteryandart.com Try copying the saved files from the disk to the hard drive on your new computer and opening them from there. Bruce "wildorchid" wrote: > I created publisher 2000 files on a windows98 SE COMPUTER. I saved the files > to disk. Just got a new Vis...

Migrate PST file
re: Outlook 2003 I realize the topic has probably been covered ad nausium but I still can't find out how to solve this problem. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated. I have just bought a new computer (Vista) I installed Office 2003. I chose File/Open/Outlook Data File and pointed to the pst file that was on the old computer. Outlook imported everything into a separate "Personal Folders" list. I want the information all in the main Personal Folders. How do I do this? Also because I've been transferring the old pst folder to the new computer I ...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

File:// Linking...
Why is it that when you link something in Outlook with file:// when clicking on the link it returns the error Outlook 2000: "Cannot find the file 'file://Q:\blahblahblah' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." Outlook 2003 "Cannot find the file "Q:\blahblahblah'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." It used to work before any service releases to Outlook 2000 were applied. There are typically no spaces in the filename and if they are I usually replace th...

How to add a configuration file to a MFC project?
hi, I want to add a configuration file to a MFC project ,how an i get that? and I have a command like the following line: copy app.config $(ConfigurationName)\$(TargetFileName).config Where do I need to put? Any ideas would be appreciated! -ja Yes, I already know how to do it,thanks a lot! -ja "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> д����Ϣ����:%23ymi%23P%23yGHA.4176@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > What does it mean? Do you want to perform copying as part of build > process? > In VS, you can do so in Pre-Build, Pre-Link and Post-Build steps. You can > specify the...

HTML code fragment options not available in Publisher 2000
Neither the tool on the left toolbar for inserting html code fragment, or the function in the Insert Menu are available. They are both grayed out. How do I create html code fragment in Publisher 2000? You will need a web page built to do it. Start Publisher, create part or all of a web page, then do a File, Save as a web page. Now select Insert, Html code fragment, select an area on your web page (anywhere you can move it later) with the mouse pointer with a left click. A window will open allowing you to write the code for the fragment. -- Don Vancouver, USA "smsbear1" &l...

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

Forcing a view to be the active view

Re: Jpg files and E-mail issue.
Please help, If I am in the wrong place please exuse me... I just upgraded from Outlook express to Outlook 2003. My issue is when I recieve an e-mail with attached jpg pictures, how do I automatically view them each and every time? Keep in mind there are no boxes with red x's in the e-mail either. outlook doesn't support inline images. see http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.htm for options -- "Joseph Thompson" <Joseph Thompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E9FAF22-D5CA-40A3-889A-5C9ECF8C56DA@microsoft.com... > Please help, If I am i...

Money 2002 register settings
I prefer that my check register entries be sorted by date. Each time I open money, I must click on the "sort by" setting, because evidently the default setting is "sort by number". Is there a way to make the check register retain the "sort by date" setting? Thank you! I certainly don't remember this about M02. I've used sorted by date since Mv2 through M02. Can you duplicate this behavior in the sample data file??? "Sue Chrisman" <Tnhilbly@aol.com> wrote in message news:5ec8586f.0402010602.18897068@posting.google.com... > I prefer...

Coustom view

Data File Problem
I just switched from Quicken 2005 to Money 2005 and I was just starting to like Money when the following happened. I had money 2005 running smoothly when I needed to re-load windows on my PC. My Money 2005 data file resides on a Microsoft 2003 server, where it can be automatically backed up. After formating and re-installing Windows XP I proceded to install Money 2005. After the Money 2005 install I tried to access my Money data and I get the following error message. Money cannot locate 'X:\Users\BobG\Money\my money.mny" or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only fi...

5.5 eEnterprise
Per the docs Release 5.5 for Microsoft SQL supports only SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0. Copyright 1999, Great Plains Software, Inc. -- has anyone tried running it on SQl Server 2000??? What was your result??? Can it be done???? Thanks. Jen Hi Jen, Yes have tried running it. It will work, BUT only to a limited degree. You CANNOT perform AT A MINIMUM any of the following functions, as the application code makes use of MSSQL system stored procs and system level tables & views that are no longer available in SQL 2000. CREATE A COMPANY CREATE A USER ASSIGN ACCESS TO A COMPNAY FOR A USER CHANGE U...

restrict file sync
Using Windows Home Server with an HP MediaServer and I've got two minor problems: 1. The Server Console says I need to update the HP media collector software on the client side but the client seems up to day (all HP updates are done) 2. I want to restrict the Media Collector to a certain file (F:/pictures) but it will only specify which drives to sync (e.g. all of F:). I can't seem to expand the drop menu in the mediacollector window beyond the root directory. Any ideas? Hi, this is the media center newsgroup, not the media collector group. You need to repost in an H...