VB Project

Hi,

Does anyone know how to access the VBProject in publisher through vba?
I've written an app in excel that accesses excel, access, word,
powerpoint, project and visio through their VBProjects but the object
model for publisher doesn't seem to show a way in, even though you can
program and record macros in it.

Anyone know why?

Cheers

Paul

Trigger Macro on Project Status Drop Down
Hi, I would like to change the value of the "Publish "columm based on when a user makes a choice for the "Project Status." For example, when a user selects "In Progress" as the Project Status I would like to set all tasks where percent complete does not equal 100% to Publish equals "Yes." I'm assuming a VBA macro is the way to achieve this functionality. Could someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks, Carl There is nothing in VBA which would trigger off changing the project status through a dropdown, but I'&#...

Outlook and Project
Everytime I try and open an attachment in Outlook 2000, The MS Project.msi trys to run even though it has already been installed? Any help greatly accepted! ...

VB distmon?
Hi I have recently installed Office 2003. A couple of wired things happen in Excel: > Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile error in hidden module: Distmon" Every time open the program I get the same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew" > Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it tells me cannot find project library. any ideas? Thnaks! Alan Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Sta...

Reports from Project Server 2007 DB's
Has anyone used any of the reporting tools (Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting, Excel Services…etc.) Which of these seems to offer the most flexibility and access to the most data??? What limits do they have??? We have a need to report task level data in a number of different ways and essentially, we would like a simple way to select the fields and projects (or all) to draw from and generate reports... We are hoping to NOT be limited on what fields we can draw into a report including any enterprise fields we have or will have in the future (including those with multiple selections....

Excel VB
I have two cells in a workbook that are dates. The cell Start_Date has a valid date in it. The second cell Test_Date is either blank or has a valid date in it. The IsDate test on both cells works fine, however, on a blank cell the Month function extracts "12". Anyone know why? I had to put the month function within a test for IsDate to make it work. Seems like Month function on a blank cell should return something other than a 12. Dave Test code: If IsDate(Range("Start_Date")) Then 'Cell has 11/01/09 in it. MsgBox ("start date a d...

vb from VC++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb) provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to use, and to make sure you have a basic understand...

EVO is a free great Project
Evolution Day means: - Free Sign Up - Free Web Site - Free build your Business - Free Tools - Free Support For a Big Innovative Project http://www.evolutioniscoming.com/EVO152565AS ...

Cannot Add any window to VB
Hello: I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that there's a lot of load errors starting GP. For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it, There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our p...

How to run an access project which start from the main menu
I want my main menu screen to run first, but without any Access windows displaying in the background. Only the main menu and then it to perform what i request to do. How to make the main menu screen come first without any forms behind, not even Acess db window? Diyana, I never claim to be an Access expert, but the folks in this group have been a great help. This should be an easy fix. I have my database setup like this. On the menu bar when your database is open, select "Tools", "Startup". When the window opens, on the top right, there is a combo box "Display ...

Auto assigning department Codes to a Project
We have many projects set up - within each project we assign multiple resources. The resources are often from different departments. Today, we set up a project for each department as we cannot seem to make PA "dynamically" assign our department value based upon the person assigned to the project. Is it possible to have a project dynamicaly assign a department code (a GL segment) based upon the person assigned to the project? -- Dave Not without customization using VBA or Dexterity. -- Charles Allen, MVP "David Schmidtknecht" wrote: > We have many project...

VB in Excel
In Excel I go into Visual Basic Editor, then Visual Basic Help, but when I type 'Passwords' for example it will bring up a list of related items, but some of them you can't select. Does this mean the installation CD is corrupt and hasn't installed all the components? I have reinstalled and repaired the installtion but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? Help! Thanks ...

VB.Net program to create XML file
I need to create an xml file from a VB program using fields returned from an sql query. I have a template that was provided for me and need to use verbatim. Since this is just a text file, I gather that I can just write out the file with all of the tags, etc., and name it .xml. Assuming that is correct what I might want to do is create a template so that if this file changes the names of the elements, all I have to do is change the template and if more elements get added I can then add them. Is there a tool that can do this for me? If I have to create one, any suggestions as to what I ...

VB++ Exe zum Ansprechen einer VB ActiveX DLL
Hallo zusammen. Ich ben�tige eine EXE, welche in einer DOS-Box mit Parametern aufgerufen wird und das Ergebnis auch wieder in dieser DOS-Box zur�ckbringt. Mit VB ist dies leider nicht zu machen. Nun weiss ich zwar das dies mit einer VC++ Exe geht, bin aber leider C Neuling. Kann mir dazu jemand ein Beispiel posten ? Die C++ Exe soll einen auf der Commandozeile �bergebenen String (das sind die ganzen Parameter) an eine Funktion einer VB ActiveX DLL �bergeben. Das Ergebnis soll dann von der ActiveX DLL an die C++ Exe zur�ckgegeben werden und in der selben DOS-Box angezeigt werden. Hoffe es k...

VB Script
Hi all, I need a VB script code to verify whether a specific Local user ID on a remote machine, in workgroup, is having a specific password. For instance I need to check whether target machine consists a local user "DSADMIN" 's password set to "Pa55word". If the target machine consists this user account and the password is also correct then it should return TRUE else it should return FALSE (or something similar). Below code tries to reset the password on target machine by providing same old and new password, if it fails that means the password set on target...

Synchronizing Outlook Calendar with Microsoft Project
Hi, is there somehow a way to synchronize the Outlook Calendar with MS Project? I mean I'd like to see my teams Project tasks in my Outlook Calendar. Regards, Arian -- Arian Brighton you'll need a 3rd party utility. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/project_management.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slip...

Sumproduct in VB
I want to be able to use the sumproduct function in code to calculate some fairly complex formulas. Within the sumproduct function I'm trying to use a selection critera. The range "Wave" is a named range. This works fine in a regular worksheet function. It multiplies the cells in columns A and B where Wave = 2. =sumproduct(--(Wave=2),$A$1:$A$100,$B$1:$B$10) In VB I have the function below, which surprisingly works just fine as written. For now ignore X... Function mytest(X as Variant, rng1 as Variant, rng2 as Variant) as double mytest = Applicatio...

Integration with Project Server
Is there any product that integrates Project Server and Great Plains. Look at LMR Solutions: http://www.lmrsolutions.com/EPM_PSA.html "HB" wrote: > Is there any product that integrates Project Server and Great Plains. Any other choice? I am looking at something other than LMR. "Steve Chapman" <SteveChapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCD0203B-C1F9-4F92-81F4-4570BDE3FD68@microsoft.com... > Look at LMR Solutions: > > http://www.lmrsolutions.com/EPM_PSA.html > > > "HB" wrote: > >> Is there any product...

Can I do MS Project task durations in seconds or even tenths?
If I could get smaller task time durations, I could use this for industrial time study work particularly for cost estimating a project by assigning resources to each subtask. Unless there is a better product out for this type of work, I have not found it. Thanks - new to this forum. Am using Project Professional 2002 SP-1 Bob S -- The minimum Duration for any task is one minute in any version of Microsoft Project. Sorry. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We wr...

how to open VC++ 6.0 projects in VC++.NET
Hi all, i am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting lots of compiler error. I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. Can any one tell me how can i acces code in vc++ 6.0 when i'm working in vc++.NET Regards BHargav bhag wrote: > Hi all, > i am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting > lots > of compiler error. > I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. > Can any one tell me how can i acces code in vc++ 6.0 when i'm working > in vc++.NET > Regards > BHargav > Bhag: If you are getting comp...

VB Macro to VB Application
I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS 2008. I don't know how to get the Application to run against an Excel Worksheet. Can someone help? Thanks "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23GDVlhxBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS >2008. If you mean a VBA macro then moving it to VB is usually pretty easy but VS 2008 is not VB, it is VB.Net, and that's a very different language. This group is for VB 6 and earlier versions and doesn...

How can I read NTbackup BKF files using VB .Net pls?
Hello, I want to write a utility to extract files from backups in BKF format created by NTBackup. Does anyone know please if there are any libraries or built-in functions to open BKF files in VB .Net? Thanks, - Alan. Hello, I have the same problem Did you find any solution ? Thanks Pascal frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb/How-can-I-read-NTbackup-BKF-files-using-VB-Net-pls ...

Project server 2007 install
Is enhanced security being turned on an issue on the database server when dealing with a two server install. After a successful install I cannoy connect to the http://servername/pwa page. Turned off on Project Server box but on on sql server box Thanks Brian Hi Brian, if the install was successful, then the answer is no. The account that you are using to access http://servername/pwa must be the admin user you input when you created the PWA site. -- Regards, Ben. "Brian" wrote: > Is enhanced security being turned on an issue on the database server...

Retreive emails Using MAPI in VB using Outlook 2003
Till outlook 2000 we had a way to retrieve emails by Reconfiguring Mail Support. Clicking the Corporate or Workgroup option you can download mails from a VB application automatically using MAPI and other Outlook objects without ever opening Outlook. This doesnot happen in Outlook 2003 and there is no option like this to set. Can any one please help me. Thanking you. John Supakin. Hi John, Outlook 2003 is already in "Corporate" mode, and MAPI subsystem is always installed even if you use Pop3/Smtp account only. MAPI spooler is integrated into Outlook 2002 / Outlook 2003 (it...

Performance indicator
Hi, I would appreciate someone's help on getting the following macro correct in the way I would like it to perform. I have a file which measures key elements for eg. Revenue, net etc... What the macro does - Plan/Budget figures for the full year are mentioned in Col D. Actual figures are entered in col DE, DF, and DG titled Jan., Feb., and Mar., The Actual figures are added in Col DC titled YTD (performed by the Macro). The Actual figures are annualised and compared to Plan. A horizontal bar is created either in Green, Yellow or Red depending on the performance. A vertical line showin...

VB Drag and Drop in DataGridView?
All, Pardon the cross-post. I've used other (C#) code snippets found around here to try to implement drag-n-drop in a DataGridView, to give the user a way to sort the data in the grid. I'm mostly there - I am able to drag, see the cursor change to drag, and when I let go, the row I dragged leaves it's original spot. Problem is, it "drops" into a black hole. Here's the line I'm trying to "drop" with; TBL_TimersDataGridView.Rows.Insert(RowIndexOfItemUnderMouseToDrop, RowToMove) The full code is below. Can anyone tell me what I...