Using Publisher with a GroupMail Program

OK,

I built a one-page e-mail newsletter and converted it to an HTML format.  I
try to import it into a mass e-mail program called Group Mail.  When I
preview it prior to sending, I see that none of the images or WordArt is
there (I just get those little white boxes with the red "x" in them.).
According to the Graphics Manager all of the images are embedded.  What's up?

CSJohnston <CSJohnston@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> According to the Graphics Manager all of the
> images are embedded.

This means that the graphics are embedded into the Publisher file.  You
can't embed images into HTML; they must either be sent as attachments (what
Publisher does) or saved on an external server (more common, as it avoids
very heavy emails).

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org/

0
the_nerd (6344)

Problem using SetLayeredWindowAttributes(hWnd,RGB(0,0,0),255,LWA_ALPHA) in WIN 98 and WINNT OS
Hi all, I'm facing a problem in using below API in WIN 98 and WIN NT SetLayeredWindowAttributes(hWnd,RGB(0,0,0),255,LWA_ALPHA); This API is not supported for above two OS. I'm using this for getting Transparency window programmatically. Any alternative for solving this problem. Any sugesstion is most welcome. Regards patra ...

Credit Card Payments
I've been using MM for years now but just noticed something in MM 2005. If I go to reports and click on "Monthly Income and Expenses" the report doesn't list credit card payments even if I select "Include transfers..." in Customize Report. It seems that the report generator doesn't know about the special Transfer and Credit Card Payment categories. It only knows about the expense category "Credit Card Payments/Transfers". My question is does anyone actually use this expense category? It seems like it could cause some unfortunate side effect...

How can I use Outlook on both my laptop and desktop? I have cable.
and Netgear wireless version 4.0 Dear Bafflegab, have a look on this site, may it helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Groupware for Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Notebook Synchronisation for Outlook: Public SyncTool New Domain: www.publicshareware.com "Bafflegab" <Bafflegab@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:59DE2C4E-ADC5-403C-AE3B-7DE1F9AF90C6@microsoft.com... > and Netgear wireless version 4.0 Thanks for the recommendation. It's a great site and one I never would have found on my own. I dow...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

Emailing from Publisher #3
A friend has OFFICE 2003. Outlook and Publisher are both 2003. BEFORE I cleaned up temp files, she was able to "Send Page As Message" in Publisher. Now, she gets "Publisher cannot mail your publication because part of the mail system is missing..." All I did was delete temp files ("C:\documents and settings\[username]\local settings\temp" and "C:\windows\temp"), and run "ccleaner". I've put off the "reinstall your mail program" suggestion from the error message as I don't know if she can find the install CD... Is there any ...

Using Matrix Items
Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? -- Thank You Vince :) What are the dimensions you use? Rob "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:E001F1F0-3002-4E1B-8E75-8E62FC6EC01C@microsoft.com... > Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first > (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Using Lot Matrix, what I have is a six pack of coke or a sin...

How do I send newslette in email without showing the publisher too
When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, it takes you to the publisher program page where I built it. How can I send a "finished" newsletter out? As a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lifefire" <Lifefire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E8B0FB-B033-4393-8F27-DFAAA6DD37A5@microsoft.com... > When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, > it > takes you to the publisher program page w...

Use Data from one sheet to populate Purchase Order on another sheet -Excel 2002
Hello, Wonder if this is possible.. Sheet1 - has a 'list' of parts that need to be ordered - their description, qty, type of material, part number etc Sheet2 - I want to create a requisition from those items listed on Sheet1 based on type of material... Basically need to take the data from Sheet 1 (can be 50 - 200 items/parts) keyed in by designers and create a purchase order requisition for our vendors/suppliers based on the type of material. Is there a way to extract.. say. material is H20.. and of them 50 items keyed in.. 10 of them are H20.. so that I can fill in the qty, descr...

publisher 97 #10
I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened and saved it in Publisher 2002 on a different computer(using server). Now I can't access it through 97. Is there a way to do this? Can't save as, as the files of type don't say 97. Maybe they were the same as Publisher 98 files. Worth a try. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0B451AE-ACF2-449B-8F11-4F0C16297A12@microsoft.com... > I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened > and saved it in P...

making a decision tree using excel!
hello all, i`ve been trying to make a decision tree using excel, the problem i encounter is that i wish to put information in to b11 which is related to information in b3, the information in b3 is ether 0 or err and is based on a "y" or "n" being entered, does anyone know which formula to use which will print a true of false statement in b11 Hi Andrew, If you mean print "True" or "False" or your error b11: =Left(b3)="y" So you can use YES, Yes, yes, Y, y and get True everything else will show False Or to treat the error in ...

RE: Use this critical package for Internet Explorer
--hmrlmpxejw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg"; type="multipart/alternative" --enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hsqxuryiiedx" --hsqxuryiiedx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect y...

Can't open Outlook for Web Access over the net using 2000 or XP but can with 98?? Any ideas
Hi there, Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 system can no-problem? Thx in advance. "David Sullivan" <dsullivan@bcl-international.com> wrote in message news:lGNLc.5216$Z14.6537@news.indigo.ie... > Hi there, > > Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to > Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 > system > can no-problem? > > Thx in advance. > > What version of IE is running ...

using SetTimer
I use extensively the timers in my View mfc application but I find the documentation is not absolutely clear. I use the version with 3 paramteres - the last one is NULL which indicates using the View OnTimer routine. In the documentation it says to use KillTimer with the first parameter being used in the SetTimer function and in some other palce to use it with the return value of SetTimer. Can someone clarify that plaeas? Thanks Rick. "Rick" <rick@cortex.com> wrote in message -> I use extensively the timers in my View mfc application but I find the > documenta...

Program trying to access Contacts
I did a clean install of WinXP and OfficeXP. I use Incredimail for Outlook and Spam Daemon for Outlook and have never had a problem with them. I also did an Office Update this morning. Now whenever I click "new" message, I got a window that says "a program is trying to access the contacts folder" and suggests it may be a virus and gives me an option to permit access but only for 1 to 5 minutes, as a select. What is causing this problem and how do I get rid of it? [I have Norton AV and Zonealarm installed, and they have never caused this problem.] Arthur Broadh...

How do I get a copy of Publisher 2002?
I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my computer and don't want to upgrade to XP right at this time. Other than ordering off of e-bay or other sites I'm not familiar with, is it possible to get a copy of Publisher 2002 that would be compatible with Windows 98? Amazon.com -- Don Vancouver, USA "Crystal1365" <Crystal1365@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33518C70-6D02-4E03-B9C2-2C1FDEEB4A68@microsoft.com... > I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my > computer and don...

insert logo using AUTOCORRECT
Have been trying to insert my company's logo using AUTOCORRECT. It works like a charm in WORD. It doens't work in Excel. ex. when I type "lg" these characters should be replaced by my company's logo. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel? -- digicat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497273 ...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

number in system using arrivals and departures
Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a system if have access to the arrival and departure times. I have tried to use counts with if statements, but I keep getting the number 1. I know this is not correct. Is there any special macros or functions Thanks Hi you may provide some more details about your data. Could you post some example rows (plain text - no attachments please) and describe your expecte result -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany megv wrote: > Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a > system if have access...

Retreiving Xml child nodes using DataSet and XmlDataDocument
I am loading an Xml file from a sql server. I have one field that contains child nodes stored as text. The problem is, when I try to imort the dataset into a XmlDataDocument, it loads the whole thing as a text element. (with all of the special characters converted) The best solution I've found so far is to do a string replace on all of the special characters. Like so: DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ds.EnforceConstraints = false; SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(query, connStr); da.Fill(ds, "Keywords"); XmlDataDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDataDocument(ds); string s = xmlDoc.S...

Creating timelines that don't use time as the horizontal measureme
Is it possible to use the timeline functionality of visio without using time as the horizontal meter? I want to have the same functionality of a timeline, but use it to express events that happen over a range of values from 0-100. ...

using picture on charts in exel 2002
After I updated to Exel 2002 the pictures I had displayed on a chart wall does not print properly... It looks fine on print preview but when you actually print it only show's a small portion of the picture... Before the update I had no problem... I have tryed every thing I know to make the correction.... Nothing has worked so far... Thanks The only thing that comes to mind is everyone's favorite whipping boy. Do your printer drivers need updating? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ jdishner...

A way to increase a number in a cell by using the + key
Hi, i do a lot of data entry and am looking for a way to increase the number in a cell (or range of cells) so that i dont have to enter the new number in each time. I have columns that separate items and i use the sheet to show the total count for each item in it's row. eg Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 2 5 4 I'd like to use the + key only to increase the counts for each item. Did i make sense?? It's a Friday and my mind isn't quite up for a lot of detailed explanations, lol. Any assistance would be appreciated. Tim That would require VBA How far are you will...

Defaults in Publisher 2003
Is there a way of changing defaults in Publisher 2003. Specifically I want to: * set default measurement unit to centimeters * set default border of a text box to black line, .75 pt * set Tools menu>Commercial Printing Tools>Fonts so that TrueType fonts are always embedded. Many thanks Chris ...

Cash withdrawal used a christmas money
Hello, I want to take some cash say 300.00 dollars and put 170.00 dollars away for Christmas and use the rest for misc expense. What is the best way to handle this in Money Plus? Thanks Frank Frank wrote: > I want to take some cash say 300.00 dollars and put 170.00 dollars > away for Christmas and use the rest for misc expense. What is the > best way to handle this in Money Plus? * Open a checking account at the bank. * Make a $300 withdrawal from your checking account. * Deposit $170 in the checking account; put $130 in your pocket. * Create a savings account in Money ...

Stem and Leaf Diagrams using Excel
Is there a way do do stem and leaf diagrams using excel and if so how do I do this. "Linda" <ljsinsc@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:009e01c39026$035decf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way do do stem and leaf diagrams using excel > and if so how do I do this. Hello Linda, I'm not familiar at all with this kind of Diagram, but if I had this homework to do, I would try at first, for a Data in A1, determine - the leave : using the function =RIGHT(A1,1) - the stem : through the function =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) in a second step I would sort together thes...