Upgraded to Beta 2007 and files aren't being read

The files we created a week ago w/ the first Beta verson are now, not being
read in the latest Beta upgrade.  Any one having this issue or do you know a
fix.
0
Mqueen (2)

How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Mqueen" <Mqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The files we created a week ago w/ the first Beta verson are now, not being
> read in the latest Beta upgrade.  Any one having this issue or do you know a
> fix.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/30/2006 2:38:56 PM
Hi

I had the same problem and have turned off the norton office plug in and all
seems well. Is this a temporary fix or will it have to stay this way.

Thanks

Ian

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "Mqueen" <Mqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The files we created a week ago w/ the first Beta verson are now, not being
> > read in the latest Beta upgrade.  Any one having this issue or do you know a
> > fix.

0
g4fmw (1)
9/30/2006 2:55:01 PM
Norton scans Office documents for macro virus infections, it is redundant.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"g4fmw" <g4fmw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I had the same problem and have turned off the norton office plug in and all
> seems well. Is this a temporary fix or will it have to stay this way.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "Mqueen" <Mqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The files we created a week ago w/ the first Beta verson are now, not being
>> > read in the latest Beta upgrade.  Any one having this issue or do you know
>> > fix.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/30/2006 3:02:44 PM
Thank you!!  Turning off the plug in worked perfectly.  With all the virus
scans we have on our system - I'm not too worried about this one!
Thanks again!

Michelle

"g4fmw" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I had the same problem and have turned off the norton office plug in and all
> seems well. Is this a temporary fix or will it have to stay this way.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
> >
> > "Mqueen" <Mqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > The files we created a week ago w/ the first Beta verson are now, not being
> > > read in the latest Beta upgrade.  Any one having this issue or do you know a
> > > fix.

0
Mqueen (2)

RSG in EXchagne 2007
IS the recovery storage group that was in EX 2003 in Ex 2007? If so how do i enable it? I cant see were to do this. Thanks "Recovering Mailboxes and Individual Items Exchange 2007 provides additional flexibility with regard to how you can recover mailboxes. This flexibility is made possible using features such as the recovery storage group. You can also help protect mailbox data on the client side with the Cached Exchange Mode feature of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007". It's a function of the Disaster Recovery Tools, located under the Toolbox. Run the Database Recovery...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Copy files
Hi, I need to know how to copy files from one folder to a different folde selecting only the files listed in a range of cells. The range with the file names in would by column a, the files wil always be in the same folder where they are being taken from, and wil always be copied into the same destination folder. any help would be appreciated. Regards, Mark Pitchford -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like the following Sub copy_files() Dim rng as range dim cell as range Dim SrcFilename As String Dim DestFilename As String Set rng = selection For each ...

Can I open the source record stored in a Multiple value Combo box field, Access 2007
Hi there! I pose another question in the hope of finding someone who can advise me on a possible solution!!?? I have developed an Access database for logging and monitoring IT Support Issues and would like to be able to perform the following task on an Access 2007 form: 1). I have created a form where the users and IT team can enter all the information that relates to an individual IT issue. On this form there is a tab title 'Related Cases' this is a number field in the table 'Cases' and is set to Long Integer with the display control selected as 'Combo Box' this fi...

Installing Office 2000 (Word) on XP with pre-installed 2007
I installed my copy of Office 2000 on a 6-months old XP computer that had Office 2007 pre-installed. Thereafter, Excel 2000 works but when I open Word 2000, I get a blank document, as expected, but no tools or buttons at the top. I believe 2000 is trying to use tool files from 2007. I have tried to load Office 2000 into its own directory named "Microsoft Office 2000" but the install does not allow me to select the program files subdirectory. Could I temporarily change the "\Microsoft Office" subdirectory name which contains Office 2007 to "\Microsoft ...

Reading Pane in Outlook 2003
Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be disabled? eli silverman <elisilverman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all > folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be > disabled? Start Outlook using the /nopreview switch. -- Brian Tillman ...

Word 2007 type Features
Still finding my way around the type features in word 2007. I would like to: - generate type that has one color on its face and a different color on the sides - generate type that has one color on its face and cast a shadow of another color - find what happened to the 'emboss' feature in formating text Much appreciation for guidance Hi Maurice, In general, the keyboard shortcuts from previous versions of Word also work in Word 2007. One of those shortcuts is Ctrl+D, which opens the Font dialog box. In the Font dialog box, you will find options for creating at leas...

atr files in attachments
When viewing an attachment with Outlook 2000 (XP), there are other image files that show up. ie bubbles.atr.jpg. They are displayed when viewing any attachment from any email. Where did they come from and how to I get rid of them? Thanx in advance. -- RFS iBox Technologies Industrial & Security Computer Cabinets www.iboxcabinets.com ...

sharing calendar in Outlook 2007
Just installed Office 2007, running Exchange 2003 SP2 on the back end. I'm trying to share my calendar with a user on the network, Outlook tries to send him an invite, I check the box that says "allow recipient to view your calendar", but Outlook comes up with the error "Calendar sharing is not available with the following entries because of permission settings on your network" and it lists the user I want to give access to. I went to the properties of my calendar and set the permissions manually so that user is listed as a "reviewer" of my calendar, bu...

some questions about contact activity in Outlook 2007
Hello, I have several questions about one contact->View->Activities 1)Very often (not always) this list is empty. When I change the selection with "View:" and go back to "View: All elements" I can see the elements. 2)It's there a better way than the search when a contact have more than one email account? When I open the properties from the contact folder and open the Activity tabulator, I can only select folders from the same PST file. 3)When I try to insert a notice or another element with Insert->insert elements this element appears in the "Notice"...

Cannot see opened Excel file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't see an excel file that I've opened. Double clicking the file launches Excel but I can't see the document. I've tried opening through excel/file/open....etc it didn't work too. <br><br>Note that this problem is only for some files not all In article <59bb797e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, Nico1712@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I can't see an excel file that I've...

Upgrading the CPU?

Excel file opens with a blank screen
I have an excel file with a few worksheets. Sometimes (But this does not happen every time) after I run a macro that takes data from other files and puts it onto a worksheet in the current file, after I save and close the current file and then reopen the file, it comes up blank. I can still view my vb code, but I cannot see the actual spreadsheets unless I go to View-->Full screen and then reduce the view with the minimize icon on the little toolbar that pops up. What really makes this odd, is that a friend in another lab can run the macro and open the file at his place with no prob...

8.0 Upgrade

Unable to import files
I can no longer import any video files I've downloaded from the net. I get error message that contains long tech info line. Anyone else encounter this and how did you fix? Import the files into what? Do you mean you can't play the files in Media Center? Will they play in Media Player or some other app? If so, what version (XP, Vista, 7)? What kind of video files (mpeg, avi, mov, etc.) -- James Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida "SholyHit" <SholyHit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A53339E6-2E08-4AF6-9777-B7E6FD7921...

Outlook 2007 Error Messages
Hi, When I open my outlook I get the "messaging interface unknown error" message. I also cannot see my inbox, my calendar and my sent file and I cannot send emails. I can see my Personal files, deleted items and drafts. In my inbox I get a message that says "cannot display information. There is either a problem connecting to the servew or an error occured. Try starting Outlook again. When I click on my calendar I get a whole different message that says "cannot display folder. The file documents and settings/lblake/local settings/application data/mi...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

.gif file attachments
When I receive .gif attachments the only option I have is to save as a .bmp in My pictures. How do I change this? Clear your IE cache (tools, options, internet options, delete files) and see if that helps. Mickey wrote: > When I receive .gif attachments the only option I have is > to save as a .bmp in My pictures. How do I change this? Thank you for the response. I did this and it did not make a difference. I went into My Pictures, options, file associations and the .gif is associated with my Animation Shop but still it only gives me the option to save as .bmp. Does it mat...

Problems with EDB files
Had a server reboot and the edb file is currupted. I have tried all the usual stuff to repair but get odd messages, please see below Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Initiating FILE DUMP mode... Database: priv1.edb File Type: Database Format ulMagic: 0x89abcdef Engine ulMagic: 0x89abcdef Format ulVersion: 0x620,11 Engine ulVersion: 0x620,11 Created ulVersion: 0x620,9 DB Signature: Create time:06/28/2005 17:49:44 Rand:2744620 Computer: cbDbPage: 4096 dbtime: 2 (0x2) State: Clean Shutdown Log Required...

XP Upgrade

Emailing Publisher 2007 flyer
We are having difficulty maintaining formatting with a Publisher 2007 flyer when emailing. Both computers have Publisher 2007 but for some reason the information at the bottom of the page is running off the page when the attachment is opened by the email recipient. Any thoughts? Can you email it to me? It may have something to do with printer settings. Or even page setup. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Packett" <RCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Outlook 2007 #20
Whenever I start Outlook 2007, I get the following message box: "Identity Switch Cancelled The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close anyone dialog boxes in other applications before trying again. Does anyone know how to correct the problem and prevent the message from appearing? ...

would like to buy microsoft excel 2007 WORK BOOK
would like to buy microsoft excel 2007 WORK BOOK Check BestBuy or CompUSA or any other software distributor in your area. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "MABAR" wrote: > would like to buy microsoft excel 2007 WORK BOOK ...