upgrade publisher

I have a similar question to Issac.  I want to upgrade my
Office 97 suite to the latest version, but Office XP does
not seem to contain Publisher (?), how can I get my
Publisher version, off of my Office 97 Pro Ed up to date?
I am getting Publisher files from newer eds that I cannot
open.

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from dfran <leslifamily@adelphia.net>...
> I have a similar question to Issac.  I want to upgrade my
> Office 97 suite to the latest version, but Office XP does
> not seem to contain Publisher (?), how can I get my
> Publisher version, off of my Office 97 Pro Ed up to date?
> I am getting Publisher files from newer eds that I cannot
> open.

Office 2003 is coming out in October, and Publisher has its position in the
suite reinstated there.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

send publisher flyer via outlook
I recently upgraded my Microsoft Outlook from 2003 to the 2007 edition. With my old version, I was able to create flyers in Publisher (2003) edition and send them out to my database with the flyer directly in the body of the email. The only option Publisher is giving me now is to send it as an attachment. Does anyone know a work around for this? I am able to do a 'select all' in Publisher and copy and paste it into my email body but it is a huge file (10mb). Thanks so much! The versions have to match...Outlook 2007 with Publisher 2007. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano M...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

home publishing file
i have a file that was produced with MS home publishing 2000 and need to get it into my Publisher 2002..... any ideas? thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from cali <cali@here.now>... > i have a file that was produced with > MS home publishing 2000 and need to get > it into my Publisher 2002..... You may have some limited success copying and pasting between the two applications, but apart from that there's not a lot you can do. You can export as a picture file from HP and import that into Publisher, but you will lose its editabi...

Publish Shared Calendar
Hey all... I would like to publish a shared calendar onto the internet (Personal calendar, that is shared.. Not a shared folder).. Although I could always change it over to a shared folder.. We are running Exchange 2003, but the website is hosted elsewhere... Ideally I'd like the calendar to be editable on the web.. Is that an option? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks David That is going to be hard. You might want to check http://www.cdolive.com or http://www.slipstick.com for some ideas on how to pull the data from your calendar and publish it on the Internet. O...

Upgrading the CPU?

Website won't publish
I have Publisher 2003 on my Vista and when I got to publish it just freezes and doesn't respond. ...

8.0 Upgrade

creating a yearbook using publisher
I've been trying to type a yearbook using publisher. But, having many problems with the titles changing from page to page. Can anyone help? Are you using a template? This is a new happening... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Neva" <Neva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC0377FC-4D03-4A41-B6D3-3420C592D9BD@microsoft.com... > I've been trying to type a yearbook using publisher. But, having many > problems with the titles changing from page to page. Can anyone help? Se...

Publisher is making me crazy!
I have been trying to create a flyer for a small business. Using the Wizard, I am having a problem with the text. I need 8 text boxes. The Wizard only allows me to use 5, and several of those are not the sizes I need. One is for a tag line, which I don't need, I need one that I can enlagre enough to put in a list. When I try that, the list starts at the bottom, and will not line up with the type on the other side of the page! I have been working on this flyer for 3 weeks, with NO luck. Why can't I add my own text boxes? And if I CAN add text boxes, please tell me how ...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Will Publisher 2002 work with Office 2003?
I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office 2003? Hi LaLana (LaLana@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software || for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office || 2003? Yes it will. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Better watch it Brian. the last t...

XP Upgrade

Emailing Publisher 2007 flyer
We are having difficulty maintaining formatting with a Publisher 2007 flyer when emailing. Both computers have Publisher 2007 but for some reason the information at the bottom of the page is running off the page when the attachment is opened by the email recipient. Any thoughts? Can you email it to me? It may have something to do with printer settings. Or even page setup. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Packett" <RCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

How do you get Publisher to print transparent areas correctly?
I have boxes with a gradient that goes from one color to transparent. When I print on my desktop printer, the transparent areas print as white. Is there any way around this problem? Thanks so much! Your printer prints white? "Dan Pongett" <Dan Pongett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0012ADFF-BF2C-4AFA-A568-64F9C505AD4B@microsoft.com... |I have boxes with a gradient that goes from one color to transparent. When I | print on my desktop printer, the transparent areas print as white. Is there | any way around this problem? | | Thanks so much! The pape...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

Domain Upgrade
We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc There should be none. Good luck! -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Glen" <Glen@live.com> wrote in message news:OHx5MsykKHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows > 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD doma...

Upgrade Error
I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the Reports Feature. When I select that feature, I get a page that tell sme that a Money upgrade is in progress and that I will be able to use the feature when that is complete. The problem is that the progress bar never moves and the update has never completed. I am not sure what is going on and I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Beal Boru <Beal Boru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the >Report...

**Reminder** Vote! Publisher MVPs Greeting Card Contest
Don't forget to vote in our contest! Last day to vote is 1/31/05 CDT http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=104 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Glad to see Marcia won. That is a beautiful card. Congratulations to her! -- Donna Aten, Coordinator Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter Website: www.LinusIdaho.org "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message news:%238ggetyBFHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl.....