Updating the sharing of information

Background Information
Currently I am creating a collection of web pages all linked with one
another via hyperlinks.  Looking at the information pages they look like web
pages except they are not because they are not designed to be connected to
the internet.   The whole purpose of the collection of interlinked web pages
is to present an collection informaton for all to access.

Question
What is the best method to update data from one page to another page.
For example  a user shuld be able to enter in text on a web pages (via
Publsiher)about an upcoming event and it should appear on another Publisher
based web page listing all forthcoming events,-  without editing in Publisher
2000 by updating the information manually an then reloading or republishing
the page.

I am looking at interlinking other programs such as Excel to update
information and ive used Paste Special, but this function requires me to
republish the web page in Publisher 2000 again, failing the objective of
enabling the web page to update another webpage infoamtion automatically.

I need expert advice on this matter.

Thank to all who take part to help answer this query.

Regards

Kits

You do realize Publisher is a layout program? You need a far powerful tool than
Publisher.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Kits" <Kits @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Background Information
> Currently I am creating a collection of web pages all linked with one
> another via hyperlinks.  Looking at the information pages they look like web
> pages except they are not because they are not designed to be connected to
> the internet.   The whole purpose of the collection of interlinked web pages
> is to present an collection informaton for all to access.
>
> Question
> What is the best method to update data from one page to another page.
> For example  a user shuld be able to enter in text on a web pages (via
> Publsiher)about an upcoming event and it should appear on another Publisher
> based web page listing all forthcoming events,-  without editing in Publisher
> 2000 by updating the information manually an then reloading or republishing
> the page.
>
> I am looking at interlinking other programs such as Excel to update
> information and ive used Paste Special, but this function requires me to
> republish the web page in Publisher 2000 again, failing the objective of
> enabling the web page to update another webpage infoamtion automatically.
>
> I need expert advice on this matter.
>
> Thank to all who take part to help answer this query.
>
> Regards
>
> Kits

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

Lost File Share
Before 15 January, I had 2 PC's set to share a calendar (via email). However, on 15 January, one of the PC's received the following message: "Oulook caused invalid page fault in module fldpub.dll at 015f:4c51a697". I went to the support page and printed the resolutions for that error. However, since then, the calendar does not share. How can I share (via email) again? Thanks, Best International Sales ...

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Serializer should not include namespace informations
Hello there, I have written a function serializing a certain object: public static XmlDocument Serialize(ServiceResponse response) { XmlSerializer responseSerializer = new XmlSerializer(response.GetType()); StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(); StringWriter writer = new StringWriter(sb); try { responseSerializer.Serialize(writer, response, null); } catch (Exception ex) { if (ex is InvalidOperationException) throw ex.InnerExcept...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...

Transfering information to the next free cell in a column
I'm trying to set up a worksheets to track the spending of two people by amount and category. Since it's the shared expenses of two people I'm trying to keep track of who each purchase was made by (so a person 1 total, person 2 total). QUESTION Is there a way for an expense that is in a certain category to be transfered to the next available cell in a column? BACKGROUND I set it up by making one sheet for input and one to display the information. The input having columns for person/category/amount and the display showing columns for categories and each person's total...

Sharing Outlook #5
Hi Everyone, I have been using outlook express for years. I don't know but I think Outlook is similar to Lotus Notes (which is what we use at work) in that it has scheduling features like pop up reminders etc...I would like to be able to view the same e-mail and calendar file from 2 computers in my house. I do have a home network setup using a Lynksys router and Microsoft Home Networking. I can view the shared documents folder for each computer from each computer. I have Windows XP Pro on both machines. Before I do a bunch of reading and setting up, I want to know if this is ...

Recorset not updateable in a crosstab query
I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there to many closing brackets. I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the result is the same. Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks very muc...