Unwanted Tiled pages in Publisher 2007

Every document/flier I create in Publisher 2007 that is above 8.5” x 11” page 
size is being tiled and I want it to be just the single page in the size I 
have selected 11" x 17". I have just tried to follow instructions from a 
previous post "Choose File, print, re-set the page size to 11 x 17 on this 
screen" but I do not have the option of choosing 11x17 or "tabloid" as it's 
called in the Blank Page Sizes Window. Would someone please help me with 
this?  I have used the "publish as PDF" add-on as suggested in a previous 
postings as well, in an attempt to send a flier to a commercial printer to 
create full bleed fliers. Should this do the trick? Thanks very much!
0
Anitra (5)
10/28/2008 9:37:01 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 3 followers. Follow

6 Replies
616 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 23

Are you setting up your printer for 11 x 17 first? If your printer cannot print 
tabloid then all you will see is tiling. After you finish your creation, *save 
as* PDF, click the change button, advanced button, print options. It should 
already be set to ledger/tabloid, if not manually change.
-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Anitra" <Anitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4F43C06A-1BDD-446F-9F9A-BB6B06B5EE99@microsoft.com...
> Every document/flier I create in Publisher 2007 that is above 8.5" x 11" page
> size is being tiled and I want it to be just the single page in the size I
> have selected 11" x 17". I have just tried to follow instructions from a
> previous post "Choose File, print, re-set the page size to 11 x 17 on this
> screen" but I do not have the option of choosing 11x17 or "tabloid" as it's
> called in the Blank Page Sizes Window. Would someone please help me with
> this?  I have used the "publish as PDF" add-on as suggested in a previous
> postings as well, in an attempt to send a flier to a commercial printer to
> create full bleed fliers. Should this do the trick? Thanks very much! 


0
mary.sauer (2018)
10/28/2008 10:44:41 PM
Hi Mary, Thanks for trying to help! I'm actually not printing it myself (and 
I don't think my printer will print on 11" x 17") so I made no attempt to set 
up my own printer. I'm actually sending it to a commercial printer. So if I 
send them the PDF I've created should that suffice?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you setting up your printer for 11 x 17 first? If your printer cannot print 
> tabloid then all you will see is tiling. After you finish your creation, *save 
> as* PDF, click the change button, advanced button, print options. It should 
> already be set to ledger/tabloid, if not manually change.
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "Anitra" <Anitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4F43C06A-1BDD-446F-9F9A-BB6B06B5EE99@microsoft.com...
> > Every document/flier I create in Publisher 2007 that is above 8.5" x 11" page
> > size is being tiled and I want it to be just the single page in the size I
> > have selected 11" x 17". I have just tried to follow instructions from a
> > previous post "Choose File, print, re-set the page size to 11 x 17 on this
> > screen" but I do not have the option of choosing 11x17 or "tabloid" as it's
> > called in the Blank Page Sizes Window. Would someone please help me with
> > this?  I have used the "publish as PDF" add-on as suggested in a previous
> > postings as well, in an attempt to send a flier to a commercial printer to
> > create full bleed fliers. Should this do the trick? Thanks very much! 
> 
> 
> 
0
Anitra (5)
10/30/2008 2:40:30 PM
Hi Again, 

I did just follow your instructions and the setting was already set to 
ledger/tabloid. I saved that PDF as well.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you setting up your printer for 11 x 17 first? If your printer cannot print 
> tabloid then all you will see is tiling. After you finish your creation, *save 
> as* PDF, click the change button, advanced button, print options. It should 
> already be set to ledger/tabloid, if not manually change.
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "Anitra" <Anitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4F43C06A-1BDD-446F-9F9A-BB6B06B5EE99@microsoft.com...
> > Every document/flier I create in Publisher 2007 that is above 8.5" x 11" page
> > size is being tiled and I want it to be just the single page in the size I
> > have selected 11" x 17". I have just tried to follow instructions from a
> > previous post "Choose File, print, re-set the page size to 11 x 17 on this
> > screen" but I do not have the option of choosing 11x17 or "tabloid" as it's
> > called in the Blank Page Sizes Window. Would someone please help me with
> > this?  I have used the "publish as PDF" add-on as suggested in a previous
> > postings as well, in an attempt to send a flier to a commercial printer to
> > create full bleed fliers. Should this do the trick? Thanks very much! 
> 
> 
> 
0
Anitra (5)
10/30/2008 2:46:11 PM
Most, if not all commercial printers will accept a PDF.

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Anitra" <Anitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:9163D542-A44E-4E80-BA31-E1CB47458933@microsoft.com...
> Hi Again,
>
> I did just follow your instructions and the setting was already set to
> ledger/tabloid. I saved that PDF as well.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are you setting up your printer for 11 x 17 first? If your printer cannot 
>> print
>> tabloid then all you will see is tiling. After you finish your creation, 
>> *save
>> as* PDF, click the change button, advanced button, print options. It should
>> already be set to ledger/tabloid, if not manually change.
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Anitra" <Anitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:4F43C06A-1BDD-446F-9F9A-BB6B06B5EE99@microsoft.com...
>> > Every document/flier I create in Publisher 2007 that is above 8.5" x 11" 
>> > page
>> > size is being tiled and I want it to be just the single page in the size I
>> > have selected 11" x 17". I have just tried to follow instructions from a
>> > previous post "Choose File, print, re-set the page size to 11 x 17 on this
>> > screen" but I do not have the option of choosing 11x17 or "tabloid" as it's
>> > called in the Blank Page Sizes Window. Would someone please help me with
>> > this?  I have used the "publish as PDF" add-on as suggested in a previous
>> > postings as well, in an attempt to send a flier to a commercial printer to
>> > create full bleed fliers. Should this do the trick? Thanks very much!
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary.sauer (2018)
10/30/2008 4:23:55 PM
Thank you Mary!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Most, if not all commercial printers will accept a PDF.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "Anitra" <Anitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:9163D542-A44E-4E80-BA31-E1CB47458933@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Again,
> >
> > I did just follow your instructions and the setting was already set to
> > ledger/tabloid. I saved that PDF as well.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you setting up your printer for 11 x 17 first? If your printer cannot 
> >> print
> >> tabloid then all you will see is tiling. After you finish your creation, 
> >> *save
> >> as* PDF, click the change button, advanced button, print options. It should
> >> already be set to ledger/tabloid, if not manually change.
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Anitra" <Anitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:4F43C06A-1BDD-446F-9F9A-BB6B06B5EE99@microsoft.com...
> >> > Every document/flier I create in Publisher 2007 that is above 8.5" x 11" 
> >> > page
> >> > size is being tiled and I want it to be just the single page in the size I
> >> > have selected 11" x 17". I have just tried to follow instructions from a
> >> > previous post "Choose File, print, re-set the page size to 11 x 17 on this
> >> > screen" but I do not have the option of choosing 11x17 or "tabloid" as it's
> >> > called in the Blank Page Sizes Window. Would someone please help me with
> >> > this?  I have used the "publish as PDF" add-on as suggested in a previous
> >> > postings as well, in an attempt to send a flier to a commercial printer to
> >> > create full bleed fliers. Should this do the trick? Thanks very much!
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Anitra (5)
10/30/2008 9:58:01 PM
I hope I helped. Thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Anitra" <Anitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:750E5545-9586-49E6-9321-F52DE7CAB727@microsoft.com...
> Thank you Mary!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Most, if not all commercial printers will accept a PDF.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Anitra" <Anitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:9163D542-A44E-4E80-BA31-E1CB47458933@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Again,
>> >
>> > I did just follow your instructions and the setting was already set to
>> > ledger/tabloid. I saved that PDF as well.
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Are you setting up your printer for 11 x 17 first? If your printer cannot
>> >> print
>> >> tabloid then all you will see is tiling. After you finish your creation,
>> >> *save
>> >> as* PDF, click the change button, advanced button, print options. It 
>> >> should
>> >> already be set to ledger/tabloid, if not manually change.
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mary Sauer
>> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >>
>> >> "Anitra" <Anitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:4F43C06A-1BDD-446F-9F9A-BB6B06B5EE99@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Every document/flier I create in Publisher 2007 that is above 8.5" x 11"
>> >> > page
>> >> > size is being tiled and I want it to be just the single page in the size 
>> >> > I
>> >> > have selected 11" x 17". I have just tried to follow instructions from a
>> >> > previous post "Choose File, print, re-set the page size to 11 x 17 on 
>> >> > this
>> >> > screen" but I do not have the option of choosing 11x17 or "tabloid" as 
>> >> > it's
>> >> > called in the Blank Page Sizes Window. Would someone please help me with
>> >> > this?  I have used the "publish as PDF" add-on as suggested in a 
>> >> > previous
>> >> > postings as well, in an attempt to send a flier to a commercial printer 
>> >> > to
>> >> > create full bleed fliers. Should this do the trick? Thanks very much!
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary.sauer (2018)
10/30/2008 10:18:12 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Publisher Template page??? help
Okay I'm working in Publisher 2003 with a document that somebody else created. Whenever I go to "Insert page... " (by right clicking on the pages tabs at the bottom) and everytime I do I get a "Newsletter Pages" window asking me what kind of Page I want to insert. I have the options of selecting story, order form calender, etc and each option comes up with a different layout for the page. I can tell they are custom because each page has information specific to this company. My question is how to I modify (edit) these pages? They seem to be templates but only fo...

Outlook 2007 doesn't go back to online mode
When I'm disconnected from the network, Outlook switches to Disconnected. When I restart it, it starts in offline mode, which is OK. However, when the network connection is back again, Outlook stays in Offline mode. Doing a manual Send & Receive retrieves messages, but it then go back to offline mode, and doesn't retrieve messages automatically. Is there a way to tell Outlook 2007 to go back online? I cannot find a "Work offline" menu item in the file menu. Thanks, Splintor ...

Page limit #2
Is there a limit on the amount of pages in a publisher document? I need to produce a book but will be between 100 - 200 pages. You should be fine but I would strongly suggest you check to make sure your printer can accept Publisher files before starting a project that large. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:yknTk.70365$QF4.8177@newsfe13.ams2... > Is there a limit on the amount of pages in a publisher document? > I need to produce a ...

Office 2007-keys in Vista Home Premium register.
Hi I'm using VISTA Home Premium and Office 2007 and I do not know in which forum my question belongs. I had an HD-crash and restored the disk from my backup. Some hours later i could go back to work but when I opend Word and later Excel 2007 I discoverd that the "Open recent document"-list under the "Office-button" was empty. When I checked the option under "Word settings/advanced/ show/ Number of recently opened documents" the number is 0 (zero) and the whole row is grayed out. There is an information saying "The Administrator has temporar...

03 -> 07 migration EAP unwanted results: unwanted email address for all users
I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the non-defualt policies are defined by dept One of the policies appears to have added an unwabted address to default users, this dispite checking (previewing) the filter befire applying How can I remove the unwanted address from the group of users who should only be getting the default polcy? F Hello Frank, > I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration > > I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the > non-defualt policies a...

mail merge from access to publisher
does anyone know how to keep a field that has been mail merged from an access database as currency, as currency. at the moment, i'm getting results such as 1.2235. these aren't being stored in access like this, so why is publisher picking them up like this? Actually, the raw data IS being stored in Access (Excel, too) like that. Access applies filters (like currency, and decimal rounding, etc) when displaying the data. It does not actually modify the stored data. Unfortunately, publisher imports the raw data without the ability to use similar filters. This is especially frustrati...

Re: unwanted pictures
64, not 54 Anyway, never be concerned with it. It's normal. "Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in message news:efZ2Kq0iKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > 64, not 54 > > Anyway, never be concerned with it. It's normal. Are you correcting your IQ? You believe your IQ is 64 and not 54? ...

Outlook 2007 Synchronization error
Just upgraded Outlook from 2003 to 2007. Synchronization error occuring. I deleted the OST and allowed Outlook to recreate it, but that's a the extent of it. The error appears every few minutes: 10:14:10 Synchronizer Version 12.0.6211 10:14:10 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Smith, Michael'' 10:14:10 Synchronizing Hierarchy 10:14:11 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Inbox' 10:14:11 Downloading from server 'EMAILSERVER.COMPANY.COM' 10:14:11 Error synchronizing folder 10:14:11 [80040119-501-80040119-560] 10:14:11 The client operation failed. 10:14:11 Mi...

pictures will not show up on web page
using publisher 2007 trail edition, pictures show up when i preview the web > page in publisher but when i publish to the web I just get a a square box with > a little red x in the corner, could it be because it's the trail edition? > every thing else looks fine even the pictures written with code show up, > website is www.members.cox.net/wopen, Thanks > -- -- Carl Bailes When you Publish to the Web, Publisher produces an index.htm file and an index_files folder containing any other pages and all your supporting graphics. It appears that you didn't upload the i...

Stripping out unwanted date in cell
Hello, I am trying to import a Global address list, but my problem is I need just the smtp address in the cell so i want to strip out all the other junk, here is a couple of examples of what the field could appear like. I need to strip out everything accept for the SMTP:someaddress@someplace.someextension. It could be any extension and it is not always a percent at the beginning or end. SMTP:bubba.cairn@bla.ca%MS:UOF9/UNIVERSITY/bcairn%X400:c=US;a=;p=Uof9;o=Univ ersity?Hall;s=Cairn;g=bubba;%CCMAIL:Cairn, bubba at University_Hall CCMAIL:ssdsexam at STUDENT-SERV%MS:UOF9/STUDENTSER/SSDSEXAM%SMTP...

unwanted pictures
Every day in my "recently changed" file under "DOCUMENTS" I receive hundreds of unwanted pictures.It seems as if they are snapshots from a tv news show. Help Jade -- jadelo22 probably cached images from webpages you visited, or HTML email you opened, or webpages you stored locally but opened several times. Don't be concerned with it, it's stored for faster access in case you open same webpage again and system detect's page hasn't changes since last visit. But with huge RAM memories & fast Internet these days, its usefulness is ...

Insert page in Link Sequence
I am using Publisher 2000 on a Windows 2000 machine. I have a document that is linked all throughout it. My problem is that I'd like to add a page in the middle of the document and have the linking remain (with the new page linked as well). There does not seem to be any easy way to get this done... or is there Cheers! Pall what type of 'links' are these? We are talking here about a paper publication - we are yes? -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Text Field link... where the overflow of one text field automatically goes i...

Saving Web Page Issue
When saving a web page, IE 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3 (and also Firefox 3.6) will create a "_files" directory and store the images, css and js files in that directory. However, -- more often than not -- the htm or html source code is NOT modified to reflect the "_files" directory. It appears to maintain the original directory on the server for images, css, and js files. Questions: 1) Is this a function of IE (and/or firefox)? 2) If so can it be corrected and how? 3) If not why, can you please provide an explanation as to why the link in the html source ...

Can somebody help me to uninstall Publisher 2007 trial?
Everytime i try to uninstall it it says 'Setup could not find any available products to install. please contact your system administrator.' This also happens with 'Microsoft Home and Student trial 2007' Any suggestions? Thank you How to manually uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98ADA333-7B20-41E2-A481-929A0C...

saving files as PDF with Publisher
Hello, When you save a Publisher file as a PDF, can you make it very-high resolution? I see options for high-quality printing and commercial printing, but it doesn't say the dpi specs. I know that PDF's are often made to lower the file size for web viewing and e-mailing. But I want a giant PDF that is super high resolution. 1200dpi, nothing compressed. Just wondering if I can get a super-sharp printing file out of the Publisher PDF authoring, or if I will have to get the Adobe version or another company's version to get a really crisp file. Of course you can assuming that y...

Outlook 2007 + iPhone + iTunes = bad data file?
Hello, I'm running Vista 64-bit, Outlook 2007, and have an iPhone 3G. Outlook worked perfectly until my first sync with the iPhone (via iTunes 7.7). Ever since then I get the following error message ... "A data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress." I've since tried disabling the iTunes add-in in Outlook (no success). Uninstalling iTunes altogether (no success). And running scanpst.exe on my .pst file (no success). Any tips on how I should move forward to re...

New page set to wrong percentage size
Hi, I usually view my pages at 100%. I wanted to show a separate, additional window at 75% which worked fine. However, every time I open a new window, it resorts to 75%. Is there a way to set the default back to 100% for new windows? Many thanks, Dave On 15 Nov, 07:30, Dave <enquir...@photographybyward.co.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > I usually view my pages at 100%. I wanted to show a separate, > additional window at 75% which worked fine. However, every time I open > a new window, it resorts to 75%. Is there a way to set the default > back to 100% for new win...

Emailing a publisher file
I have attempted to email a file as a page, and not as a download (saved it as a web page etc.) so that clients will open the email and the publisher page will come up. Tried every way that I know how with no luck. Need advise! Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from M. Bowie <Nucentury1@aol.com> > I have attempted to email a file as a page, and not as a > download (saved it as a web page etc.) so that clients > will open the email and the publisher page will come up. > Tried every way that I know how with no luck. What versio...

how to have Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 on the same post
Hello how to have Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 on the same job. I know it is normally impossible, but there is not a trick happens? sorry for my bad english -- Ji�L / Jean-Louis GOUBERT La FAQ Outlook est l� : http://faq.outlook.fr/ It is impossible; there are not tricks to make it work. Most of us that need both use a virtual machine for the less used version - the others dual boot or use two computers. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subsc...

Page numbering in footer (Page # of #)
I have a monthly productivity report that I print for a list of staff members and the report content is fine. However, some employees have multiple pages and I have to indicate page numberings at the footer (i.e., Page 1 of 7, etc...). The problem is that Access will indicate the total number of pages for all employees, so instead of John Doe's report showing 'Page 1 of 7' it shows 'Page 1 of 357'. Does anyone know a way so to have this report display the 'Page 1 of 7' format? Thanks in advance! On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:12:01 -0800, EA wrote: > I have a ...

Stylus problems with PowerPoint 2007
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 on my Gateway (sigh) tablet PC running Windows XP Tablet. When I try to write with the stylus on the Power Point slides (full screen mode), quite often there are stray horizontal ink lines. The stray markings render the writing almost illegible. I never had ink problems with PowerPoint 2003 and there are no problems when I use Windows Journal. It only happens with PowerPoint 2007. ...

Retrieving consecutive pages in web query What's wrong here?
Hello How come I keep always getting the same 100 items instead of the next 100? I wrote this code , of which I do not understand every line but something similar worked in other queries. Could you help? I'd be very gratefull. Herman Sub Macro5() Dim i As Integer For i = 0 To 3 With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "URL;http://www.iec-iab.be/nl/diensten/zoeken/Pages/ Zoeken.aspx?all=true&page=i+1&count=100&ext=on&intern=on" _ , Destination:=Range("$A$1").Offset(i * 103, 0)) .Name = "Zoeken.aspx...

Continuing Page Numbers with Section Breaks
I'm having a bit of a problem with Word 97, in particular page numbering. I have a document which someone else has setup and I have been working on, and it has several different sections, which means the page numbering facility is not working as it should. There are a few landscape sections which I believe is responsible for the problem, however I can't seem to find any way around getting continuing page numbering. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Just a small note, while I may be reasonably computer literate I am not a big fan of Word, so I m...

Forwarding mail from Outlook 2007 to AOL/Gmail when Outlook is clo
I have Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 (Beta). I have the same issue with both. When I have Outlook open, mail forwarding works great. When Outlook is closed, my mail does not get forwarded to any outside email account. I have checked and re-checked my settings. What am I missing? Outlook wont do anything if its closed "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01183B4F-69B5-4A92-9614-1E3AF7FBA518@microsoft.com... >I have Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 (Beta). I have the same issue with > both. When I have Outlook open, mail forwardin...

How to display page tabs vertically?
How do I set tab pages be displayed vertically (left side). By default, they are set on top, I need them on the left side. Please assist. Thank you for any tip/help provided. Adnan -- Please post all your inquiries on this community so we can all benefit - Thank you! "Adnan" <te_adnani@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:B06E82F0-ED1C-4E9A-B65C-FB6D7C48248C@microsoft.com... > How do I set tab pages be displayed vertically (left side). By default, > they > are set on top, I need them on the left side. Please assist. > > Thank you for any tip/he...