Unexpected Problem

Just recently I have been having problems with Publisher.
I have been using Publisher to design a web page for a
class project, nothing fancy just a few images and
paragraphs.  Yesterday when I went to close the Publisher
program, a window appeared that said, Publisher has
experienced a problem and that It had to close.  All my
work was lost.  The next time this happened another window
appeared recommending to download the newest updates
available for Office XP.  I did update my system with
Office Service Pack S3, but Publisher is still
experiencing the same problem.

To make matters worse, today when I tried to copy some
information from the web to Word, I got the same box, but
this time it stated that Word had experienced a problem
and needed to be closed!

In both boxes it also states that an error report had been
compiled and wanted to send the information to Microsoft.

Can any one help me or have some insight as to what is
happing?

0
anonymous (74722)

PUB2002: Office Application Error Message in Publisher 2002 When You Open or Save a
Publisher File
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317070

Since the Word error is Web related, could be your cache is full, in IE, tools,
Internet Options, delete files.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"SGR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just recently I have been having problems with Publisher.
> I have been using Publisher to design a web page for a
> class project, nothing fancy just a few images and
> paragraphs.  Yesterday when I went to close the Publisher
> program, a window appeared that said, Publisher has
> experienced a problem and that It had to close.  All my
> work was lost.  The next time this happened another window
> appeared recommending to download the newest updates
> available for Office XP.  I did update my system with
> Office Service Pack S3, but Publisher is still
> experiencing the same problem.
>
> To make matters worse, today when I tried to copy some
> information from the web to Word, I got the same box, but
> this time it stated that Word had experienced a problem
> and needed to be closed!
>
> In both boxes it also states that an error report had been
> compiled and wanted to send the information to Microsoft.
>
> Can any one help me or have some insight as to what is
> happing?

0
laserdog (1122)

Problems selecting node
Hi, I have the following xml file which is part of a n-level tree: <TREENODES> <TreeNode Text="A1" NodeData="1" NavigateUrl="" ImageUrl=""> <TreeNode Text="A2" NodeData="12" NavigateUrl="" ImageUrl=""></TreeNode> <TreeNode Text="A3" NodeData="13" NavigateUrl="" ImageUrl=""></TreeNode> <TreeNode Text="A22" NodeData="14" NavigateUrl="" ImageUrl=""></TreeNode> ...

Time Table Problem
Hi, I'll try to give as much detail as I can on this problem in order to increase possible solution alternatives. In a excel workbook, I have 4 Lists on Sheets 1, 2, 3 and 4 column A:A respectively. The list on Sheet1 shows "names of teachers". The list on Sheet2 shows periods (10 periods for each 5 working day of the week) that can be used throughout the week e.g (Mon1, Mon2, Mon3,...., Mon10), (Tue1, Tue2, Tue3, ....,Tue10), .........., (Fri1, Fri2, Fri3, ...., Fri10) totalling to 50 periods. The list on Sheet3 shows the lesson names+classes to take it (in the format lesson...

ftp problems
I am trying to get the CFtpFileFind class to work. If I test against my company's ftp site, I can connect and navigate(via SetCurrentDirectoy) to the desired directory, but my call to FindFile(NULL) times out, always. To see what files were on there, I connected with an ftp client, and it worked fine. There is only a few files on there( < 10 ) so it isn't a timeout due to too many files. If I change it to connect to the microsoft ftp site(ftp.microsoft.com), I have no problems, FindFile succeeds and everything seems to work fine. Is there something that needs to be configure...

outlook 2k2 problem

Are unexpected connections unexpected?
I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well. But one thing: I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any active connections, and they are transient. But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it re-connects again! And a connection from 218 73 212 5 I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay. Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions? (david) It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing the connection or responding slowly or not at ...

synchroniastion problems
Can anyone help me?, I seem to be having synchronizing problems with outlook 2000, 90% of the time I connect to my Exchange 5.5 server remotely via a dial-up. when connecting I can send/receive ok although outlook always wants to retrieve all 342 items in my inbox, yet I have setup synchronize for every folder that in outlook that I modify on a regular bases. Now my understanding of synchronize is that if you contact to the sever and you have delete a document that is local to your p.c/laptop the exchange will see this change and remove the copy of the file on server when you synch...

Setup problem
I have installed the CRM app from the MSDN disks but cannot access it with any browser. I am admin on the server - Win 2003. Setup went perfectly. I tried the Deployment Manager and enter the license key from my MSDN subscription and it keeps telling me to enter a valid license key. I tried to add a user, pick the admin and it saysI don't have privileges I'm stuck and would appreciate some guidance. Regards, Paul Speranza Paul when you try to go into deployment manager are you logged on to the server as the same use you installed the software with. While Server 2003 is not sup...

unexpected conversion trouble

Problems with Office notifications
Hi, I'm using Office for Mac 2004 with Tiger 10.4.2 After installing SP2 I have a problem with the Office notifications. As usual they should start with startup. But now everytime I start up there's an error saying (I translate from German): "There was a problem in running office notifications. The application has to quit." I can select a "Restart Office Notifications" button, but the error message will reappear. I have checked the orginal location of the notifications application (Microsoft Office 2004-Office) and I noticed that there are two of them: both have 1.6...

Problem with MSCRMWorkflowService ERRO Code: 16649
Hi, I=B4m having a serious problem with the MSCRMWorkflowService Condition {25F79661-6989-DB11-9B99-0002557CCD69} failed in step {1BF79661-6989-DB11-9B99-0002557CCD69} of process instance {90F69661-6989-DB11-9B99-0002557CCD69}. Please view the paused rule in the Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Monitor for more information about the failure. It=B4s really strange, because the WorkFlow Monitor doesn=B4t show nothing in pause... and some workflows work well, but something are really strange in here!!! Any body can help me ?? I'm not sure exactly what to tell you but I just got done working on an...

Uploading problems
Hi all, I hope someone can help me with a few difficulties i'm having uploading my website. 1. When I upload, only the first page is uploading - so pages 2-7 don't appear 2. Images do not download with the webpages so when you type in the url, you simply see a blank space where a photo should be with a small icon at the top left courner which sometimes offers the option of 'show picture'. 3. The webpage is positioned to the left of the window when it appears and doesn't centre itself to the page so there is a huge chunk of white space to the right of the window. Can ...

defragmenting problems on exchange 2000
I recently created a second mailstore on a new raid 5 drive. Moved the user mailboxes into the new store. Exchange seems to be working fine, but I want to perform an offline defrag of the mail store. I dismounted the store and ran the eseutil.exe program. After about 1404 second, I get a message there is not enough disk space to performa the defragmentation and stops. The raid 5 is 27 Gbs. and the Store edb file is around 6.5 Gbs and the stm file is under 500 Mbs. More than enough space to perform the defrag. I tried rebooting the server and still run into the same problem. I thought t...

Problems printing booklet
I am trying to create an 8-page booklet (1/2 A4), but I can't get it to print correctly. All appears fine in the preview pane, but when I print the document out, the reverse side of each page is upside down. So the first sheet has page 8 on the left hand side and page 1 on the right. Page 2 is then upside down on the rear of page 8 and page 7 is upside down on the rear of page 1. I use a Canon iP6700D which supports duplex printing and have run the setup wizard in Publisher. In fact, I've run it several times as I thought I must have been doing it wrong! I'm quite certain t...

Money has encountered a problem
While starting Money it stopped and a dialog poped up saying "... Money has encountered a problem and needs to close ..." When I restart Money I get getting the same message. I have shut down the computer and it still pops up with the same error message. Inside the tech info for the error message is Code 0xc0000005. This has never happened before. I am running Money 2004 on Windows 2000. Please help. I'm gettingv the same error. With this in the report: AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 00018412 >-----Original Message----- &g...

Deadlock Problem
Dear All i m using SQL 2000 i have following table structure create table mytab (Fid varchar(16) Primary Key, Picture_1 image, Picture_2 image, Picture_3 image, Entry_time datetime) Data base is hosted on a server with 2 quad core processors and 8 gb Ram. more than 200 user insert data into the table through a front end application more than 30000 records enter daily in this table. data base is in Simple recovery mode. user experience deadlock during this operation. there is no data fragmentation in the table as it is removed daily. How can the performance be increase...

Logon problem
I have a Dell here with XP Pro SP3. It boots up and then logs itself off, leaving the login screen with the username. If you click on that, it boots briefly and then logs right back off. It does the same thing in Safe Mode, even using the Administrator account. A while back a windows update which I *believe* was supposed to be KB977165 was creating havoc with similar symptoms. So using an installation CD I went into the recovery console and uninstalled that update. However the problem remains. Anyone got any idea what might be doing this? Keep in mind I can't get into Windows...

problem with ActiveX controls
Hi, I got some problem using ActiveX contols. I have an MFC application which has around 10 dialogs. Each dialog has a lot of ActiveX controls. When i try to add another ActiveX control of existing type on one of the existing dialogs and when launch the application in (debug version), I have got an assertion like below. Debug assertion failed! file: occmgr.cpp line:420 while (((pDlgItem = ppOleDlgItems[iItem++]) == NULL) && (pDlgItem != (DLGITEMTEMPLATE*)(-1))) { if (hwAfter == HWND_TOP) hwAfter = GetWindow(hwParent, GW_CHILD); else hwAf...

Problem printing from word
Have created a word-doc with top margin 0,1 and left 0,2 cm. Bottom/right is 0. When i print from a ricoh-printer on my company i dont get all of the doc on the paper. Have tried one option "no edges" i think in printer settings and then i get all from top to left but to the right on the paper theres still a white area?! Some tips? I attach the document so you can see. http://web.comhem.se/~u31120071/test.doc I want to be able to see 123 up in the left and ..5678 down to right on paper after printing. Take any advices. Its ok to shrink the doc with 5-10% ...

Group by problem
i have the following table: Duguje Potrazuje Partner PartnerName Date ---------------------------------------------- 1 3 P Tisak 12.3.2006 5 2 P Croatia 25.6.2006 6 4 K HT 15.6.2007 8 3 K Tisak 11.11.2005 7 8 P Croatia 3.5.2007 7 5 K HT 11.3.2005 2 3 K HT 5.1.2005 the query is: SELECT partner, PartnerName, (SELECT SUM(Duguje) FROM arhivdugujepotrazuje WHERE datumdos <= '01-01-2007' an...

alt tags problem with publisher
Hello, I've created a newsletter to send out on email. All looking good, apart from when I send it out as a test via email to myself. The first line of text on the page appears as an alt tag / text hovering over the majority of the email, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. This is if I view the email in Office 2003 - If I view the email in Outlook Office 2007, the text doesn't appear. Bizzare. Is there a bug that anyone knows about this? Is there a global setting in publisher that would cause this to appear? Any help appreciated! Cheers, James ...

Problem opening text file...
Hello, i have a simple macro that pulling in a text file: Public Function Import_FND_GFM_BV(DataPathName, TemplateBook) Application.StatusBar = "Importing fnd_gfm-BV.tsv..." ChDir DataPathName 'Open BV.txt Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="fnd_gfm-BV.tsv" _ , Origin:=437, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:= _ xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, Semicolon:=False, _ Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo:=Array (Array(1, 1), _ Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1), Array(4, 1), Array(5, 1)...

Multiple Selecting Problem
Hi, I'm trying to select multiple accounts to send direct mail to...normally ctrl + click multiple accounts would do this. When I ctrl + click it opens a new browser window instead of selecting another account. This seems to only be problem on my computer. How do I fix this? Check your mouse settings to make sure you haven't changed the functions of the buttons on it -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan B" wrote: > Hi, > I'm trying to select multiple accounts to send direct mail to...normally > ctrl + click multiple accoun...

ALT problem
hi all, I have a grid control that may fill the selected cols with some math rule by the ALT + F5. The feature is ok in the VB test project but doesn't work in the VC propertysheet-like project. In VC project, ALT key is catched by the WM_SYSCOMMAND. Any tips will be appreciated. Alan This article might help you some. It talks about using accelerator keys in dialogs. Tom http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/pretransdialog01.asp "Alan Li" <activeperson@sina.com> wrote in message news:Ozu5pRLYDHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi all, > I have a grid control that ma...

Config CA problem?
Hi I installed 2 new exchange 2003 servers as part as my existing Exchange 5.5 organization. I installed an ADC from Exchange to AD too. So, when I move a user from a Exchange 5.5 server to a Windows 2003 server my Exchange 5.5 shown the user Home Server accordingly to the movement. My problem is when I move users between Exchange 2003 server......so my exchange 5.5 servers doesn't realize the change and they continue shown the old user Home Server. Any idea? Is there a problem with the Config CA agreement? Thanks a lot Isaac ibre34 wrote: > Hi > > I installed 2 new ex...

Set my language problems
I set my language to English(AU) (Publisher 2003), it keeps changing back to English (US). How do I get it to default to English (AU)? Alyssa Have you set XP to English (AU)? -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/user http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "Alyssa" <Alyssa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8FA9159-F573-47B1-92B0-7CF94E8D2E94@microsoft.com... >I set my language to English(AU) (Publisher 2003), it keeps changing back >to > English (US). How do I get it to default to English (AU)? ...