undelete-abld text boxes

Hi

I'm working on a 36 page document in Publisher 2003 and dragged a text box
from the document onto the canvas(? - the bit at the side ) so that I could
decide which page it should go into. When I've done this before the text box
has "appeared" at the side of all pages until it was finally given a home
when it has diappeared.

I now have one with a life of its own! I lodged it in a page - and in
desperation have deleted it form the document - but that hasn't made a
difference. Basically the box on the canvas has stayed and causes the
application to hang until it has produced 2 more copies of itself - the top
one of which is "active". I click delete object - which works - but then all
stops until it has re-created the textboxes.

I tried to move the "live" box on the canvas - which worked (i.e. it
responded to the mouse) but it stuck itself in the other places as well - so
I now have 5 undeletable text boxes on the canvas! I've done a screenshot
which may explain it better and uploaded here:
http://www.wellsprings.org.uk/prob_box.htm

The thing doesn't print but the issue is that it is just slowing things down
so much. Lots of white screen if I try to change pages - or try to do
anything to the box (only one of the 5 "ghosts"  ever responds - the top one
- see pic)  How do I zap them?! And if possible - how did I get them, so as
to avoid getting them in the future.

I've also tried a restart in case it was just "tired" but the problem
persisits.

Hope someone can help! The project is due in by Friday and I can't really
spend 5 minutes every time I make a change & try to save!

Many thanks in anticipation!
Kathryn

0
Kathryn (25)

Yuck. Email me the file and let me see what I can do. Send it to jl dot
paules at gmail dot com.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kathryn" <Kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm working on a 36 page document in Publisher 2003 and dragged a text box
> from the document onto the canvas(? - the bit at the side ) so that I
> could
> decide which page it should go into. When I've done this before the text
> box
> has "appeared" at the side of all pages until it was finally given a home
> when it has diappeared.
>
> I now have one with a life of its own! I lodged it in a page - and in
> desperation have deleted it form the document - but that hasn't made a
> difference. Basically the box on the canvas has stayed and causes the
> application to hang until it has produced 2 more copies of itself - the
> top
> one of which is "active". I click delete object - which works - but then
> all
> stops until it has re-created the textboxes.
>
> I tried to move the "live" box on the canvas - which worked (i.e. it
> responded to the mouse) but it stuck itself in the other places as well -
> so
> I now have 5 undeletable text boxes on the canvas! I've done a screenshot
> which may explain it better and uploaded here:
> http://www.wellsprings.org.uk/prob_box.htm
>
> The thing doesn't print but the issue is that it is just slowing things
> down
> so much. Lots of white screen if I try to change pages - or try to do
> anything to the box (only one of the 5 "ghosts"  ever responds - the top
> one
> - see pic)  How do I zap them?! And if possible - how did I get them, so
> as
> to avoid getting them in the future.
>
> I've also tried a restart in case it was just "tired" but the problem
> persisits.
>
> Hope someone can help! The project is due in by Friday and I can't really
> spend 5 minutes every time I make a change & try to save!
>
> Many thanks in anticipation!
> Kathryn

0
jl_amerson (3088)
12/16/2004 12:02:24 AM
It's 2.6 MB is that OK?

Much larger than it should be given the content - maybe significant! Will
wait to see if OK before I send.

But many thanks!

Kathryn

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Yuck. Email me the file and let me see what I can do. Send it to jl dot
> paules at gmail dot com.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Kathryn" <Kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm working on a 36 page document in Publisher 2003 and dragged a text box
> > from the document onto the canvas(? - the bit at the side ) so that I
> > could
> > decide which page it should go into. When I've done this before the text
> > box
> > has "appeared" at the side of all pages until it was finally given a home
> > when it has diappeared.
> >
> > I now have one with a life of its own! I lodged it in a page - and in
> > desperation have deleted it form the document - but that hasn't made a
> > difference. Basically the box on the canvas has stayed and causes the
> > application to hang until it has produced 2 more copies of itself - the
> > top
> > one of which is "active". I click delete object - which works - but then
> > all
> > stops until it has re-created the textboxes.
> >
> > I tried to move the "live" box on the canvas - which worked (i.e. it
> > responded to the mouse) but it stuck itself in the other places as well -
> > so
> > I now have 5 undeletable text boxes on the canvas! I've done a screenshot
> > which may explain it better and uploaded here:
> > http://www.wellsprings.org.uk/prob_box.htm
> >
> > The thing doesn't print but the issue is that it is just slowing things
> > down
> > so much. Lots of white screen if I try to change pages - or try to do
> > anything to the box (only one of the 5 "ghosts"  ever responds - the top
> > one
> > - see pic)  How do I zap them?! And if possible - how did I get them, so
> > as
> > to avoid getting them in the future.
> >
> > I've also tried a restart in case it was just "tired" but the problem
> > persisits.
> >
> > Hope someone can help! The project is due in by Friday and I can't really
> > spend 5 minutes every time I make a change & try to save!
> >
> > Many thanks in anticipation!
> > Kathryn

0
Kathryn (25)
12/16/2004 12:13:02 AM
Hi

I've extracted a page from the document and deleted all images & so on - and
stil have file of 1.36 MB - for 6 text boxes!

Shall I send?!

TIA

Kathryn

"Kathryn" wrote:

> It's 2.6 MB is that OK?
>
> Much larger than it should be given the content - maybe significant! Will
> wait to see if OK before I send.
>
> But many thanks!
>
> Kathryn
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
> > Yuck. Email me the file and let me see what I can do. Send it to jl dot
> > paules at gmail dot com.
> >
> > --
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >

> > "Kathryn" <Kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I'm working on a 36 page document in Publisher 2003 and dragged a text box
> > > from the document onto the canvas(? - the bit at the side ) so that I
> > > could
> > > decide which page it should go into. When I've done this before the text
> > > box
> > > has "appeared" at the side of all pages until it was finally given a home
> > > when it has diappeared.
> > >
> > > I now have one with a life of its own! I lodged it in a page - and in
> > > desperation have deleted it form the document - but that hasn't made a
> > > difference. Basically the box on the canvas has stayed and causes the
> > > application to hang until it has produced 2 more copies of itself - the
> > > top
> > > one of which is "active". I click delete object - which works - but then
> > > all
> > > stops until it has re-created the textboxes.
> > >
> > > I tried to move the "live" box on the canvas - which worked (i.e. it
> > > responded to the mouse) but it stuck itself in the other places as well -
> > > so
> > > I now have 5 undeletable text boxes on the canvas! I've done a screenshot
> > > which may explain it better and uploaded here:
> > > http://www.wellsprings.org.uk/prob_box.htm
> > >
> > > The thing doesn't print but the issue is that it is just slowing things
> > > down
> > > so much. Lots of white screen if I try to change pages - or try to do
> > > anything to the box (only one of the 5 "ghosts"  ever responds - the top
> > > one
> > > - see pic)  How do I zap them?! And if possible - how did I get them, so
> > > as
> > > to avoid getting them in the future.
> > >
> > > I've also tried a restart in case it was just "tired" but the problem
> > > persisits.
> > >
> > > Hope someone can help! The project is due in by Friday and I can't really
> > > spend 5 minutes every time I make a change & try to save!
> > >
> > > Many thanks in anticipation!
> > > Kathryn

0
Kathryn (25)
12/16/2004 12:35:02 AM
Any size is fine. Google mail lets me get larger attachments.

--

> Hi
>
> I've extracted a page from the document and deleted all images & so on -
> and
> stil have file of 1.36 MB - for 6 text boxes!
>
> Shall I send?!
>
> TIA
>
> Kathryn
>
> "Kathryn" wrote:
>
>> It's 2.6 MB is that OK?
>>
>> Much larger than it should be given the content - maybe significant! Will
>> wait to see if OK before I send.
>>
>> But many thanks!
>>
>> Kathryn
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>>
>> > Yuck. Email me the file and let me see what I can do. Send it to jl dot
>> > paules at gmail dot com.
>> >
>> > --
>> > JoAnn Paules
>> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> >

>> > "Kathryn" <Kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Undelete #2
I stupidly "permanently" deleted a whole folder in Outlook stuffed with emails. I am not on exchange - this is just my PC at home. Is there any way I can recover those files in Windows? ...

how do i get my text expander to work in ms word?
Running Windows 7. My text expander (shorthand) will not work in Word. Suggestions? Go to the Shorthand site and make sure you are running the correct version that is compatible with Windows 7. Cheryl On Mar 27, 5:46=A0pm, Denise <Den...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Running Windows 7. My text expander (shorthand) will not work in Word. > Suggestions? ...

OWA 2003, i can see only text
Hello IT Fans! I have a problem with Outlook Web Access! After authentication i can see only text. There is no GUI. Any Ideas about this problem... very strange! ciao david "Rosenberg David" <RosenbergDavid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82494CB9-35E7-4941-B717-FBEACEC402B8@microsoft.com... > Hello IT Fans! > > I have a problem with Outlook Web Access! > > After authentication i can see only text. There is no GUI. > > Any Ideas about this problem... very strange! > > ciao david From your description, it might be this: http://s...

e newsletter text gets messed up when sent out.
When created in publisher 2007 from a template the e newsletter looks great. When it goes out it appears to have all the formatting displayed along with the text. so every space in the document is indicated by an "A". I've tried different fonts and all display some formatting when I mail out using outlook express. Anyone have any ideas? I'm sure this is something simple that I am doing! Tools, Options, Web tab, E-Mail Options...Check, Send entire Publication as a JPEG image. A PDF is the best solution. Microsoft has a save as PDF add in here: https://www.microsof...

Export (transfer Text) to a text file.
I have a macro set up to transfer a table to a text file using a format spec. I have set up a table and a query to fill the table with the data that I want to export to a text file. All fields in the table are text fields. The data in one field came from a currency field from a table and was converted as follows: Insert into MyExportTable (chkamount) Select Format(nbrCheckAmount, "0.00") From MySourceTable When I export the table MyExportTable, the text field chkamount data gets truncated as if it were a real numeric field. For example 3.14 and 3.10 and 3.00 are stored l...

CRichEditCtrl text selection question
Hi, When I select text in my CRichEditView by mouse, more or less text than desired is selected. For example: <P><STRONG>Date 3</STRONG></P> I want to use mouse to select "<STRONG>Date 3</STRONG>". I can't do that in CRichEditView. I can either select "><STRONG>Date 3</STRONG><" or select "STRONG>Date 3</STRONG". Is there a way that will enable me to select exactly the text that I drag my mouse pointer over? Thank you a lot, Kelvin ...

how do I set up a command button that works with a combo box
how do I set up a command button that works with a combo box Hi works in what way? what are you trying to achive? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "liarspoker" <liarspoker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5399179-4085-43EE-A511-F68E8FFA4D8F@microsoft.com... > how do I set up a command button that works with a combo box ...

How do I get the Text to display in the tool bar buttons in Outloo
Hi there, I was wondering if any one could tell me how I can get the text to be displayed in the tool bar buttons in Outlook 2007. What I mean is so that rather then just displaying the little picture on the button it also has text telling you what the button does. Say I want to go to Outlook Today, then I see the tool bar button for Outlook today and I click on the little picture, but what I want is the text next to the little picture that also says Outlook Today, or, Send/Receive (for the Send/Receive Button) or New (for the New Email Button) e.c.t. Also can someone tell me how...

Eestore the In Box of Outlook e-mail page to the original formatti
I was experimenting with the "Views" settings of my In Box email page. Now I would like to restore everything back to the original settings. How can I do that? Select Customize Current View and select Reset Current View by right clicking on the From,Subject,Received line in Outlook -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Balticbeau" <Balticbeau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5E78A45-1188-48D7-98A2-BAC4B90EF5A5@microsoft.com... >I wa...

I get # symbols in my cell instead of text
I have large blocks of text in some of my cells and they show up as ########## instead of the text I put there. If I click on the cell I see my text above in the text edit box, but not on the spreadsheet. I believe there is a maximum number of characters in a cell before ### shows for everything. "Betsy" wrote: > I have large blocks of text in some of my cells and they show up as > ########## instead of the text I put there. If I click on the cell I see my > text above in the text edit box, but not on the spreadsheet. "Betsy" <Betsy@discussions.mic...

text color
Hi, my goal is to connect more than 3 strings together in a rectangular cell.Then be able to access any of these string and color them. Q1) can I concanetate the strings in one cell( as range) one on top of the other Q2)How can I color each them, if all I know is the range's name Thanks! Hi, I assume by string you mean text. You can concatenate using the CONCATENATE function or better yet the concatenation operator & =A1&A2&A3 However, since this is a formula you really can't format a piece of it. If on the other hand you don't need the formula you can convert t...

finding contrls text given dialog id and control id
Hi I want to find a control's text without creating the dialog. Is there any way ? thanks & regards ~ Rudresh "Rudresh" <Rudresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81B7D0F-3DAC-4E51-8039-038E45589672@microsoft.com... > Hi > I want to find a control's text without creating the dialog. > Is there any way ? The only way that springs to mind is to LoadResource the DLGTEMPLATE[EX], parse it and walk the subsequent DLGITEMTEMPLAT[EX] elements looking for an id match and then parse through it to find the title text if present. -- Jeff Partch [...

Fuzzy text gifs in Publisher 2003
My website uses buttons comprised solely of text created in Publisher 2003 operating under Windows XP. Upgraded recently to a new box with Windows 7 and also needed to add a button to my website. New button under Pub'03/Win7 uploads and displays "fuzzy" (not pixelated per se). www.cralle.com. Help, please. I can see no difference in your menu buttons on your website viewing the site with IE7 and FireFox and you did not specify which button was "fuzzy". However, I would suggest that if the .gif file is not acceptable that you use a .png file instead. ...

Arithmetic on text cells?
I created a column with text data. I explicitly set the cell format to Text. The values in these cells are "Month", "90 Days", and "Year". I entered "Month" in the first cell and copied it down 7-8 cells by dragging the corner. Great. All cells show "Month". Then I engter "90 Days" in the next cell down and copy that down another 7-8 cells. Surprise. Those cells show "91 Days", "92 Days", "93 Days", etc. Why is Excel doing arithmetic on text cells? Excel isn't doing text arithmetic....it's *hel...

How do I UNDELETE an attachment in Outlook 2003?
I have received a message with an attachment. In attempting to save the attachment by right-clicking on it I accidentally hit REMOVE instead of SAVE AS... It has vanished. Can I get it back? How? (and I'm not too happy about (a) the fact that SAVE and REMOVE are right next to each other, and (b) not being asked "Are you sure?" when I hit the wrong one by mistake!) I don't think it can be recovered but if you know the file name, do a search on your entire hard drive in the event the file was copied to a temporary directory during some event (opening, etc). Make sure yo...

Merging cells and text wrap
Hi, I've merged 2 cells and set 'wrap' text, but I also want the merged cells to adjust size automatically so I can see all the text. It does it OK when the cells are not merged, but not when they are. How can I do this? Taecan You have asked for code to deal with autofitting merged cells. I will first give you my standard rant on merged cells. Merged cells are the spawn of Satan! They cause more problems with Excel than any other feature I can think of. Copying, cutting, pasting, sorting, filtering are all affected by merged cells. Now the code<g> Jim Rech has writ...

Search on color of text
hello, I have a spreadsheet filled with about 200 line entries, I would like to create a report or another spreadsheet based on a search of color of text. I color code the text of a row, to a certain color and would like to pick those specific colors out of the sheet and copy them to a new sheet to analyze some data. thanks Excel cannot search on text or background color unless assisted by VBA coding. See Chip Pearson's site for methods. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Or Bob Phillips' site. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html Gord Dibben MS...

Can't paste text into a Merged Cell
I've just upgraded to Office 2003 and now I can't paste text selected from Word into a merged cell in Excel - is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Thanks Mark xl2002 works this way, too. (I don't recall the behavior of earlier versions.) Any chance you could just paste into the formula bar? (you might have to reapply the formatting you want, though.) Mark Durrenberger wrote: > > I've just upgraded to Office 2003 and now I can't paste text selected from > Word into a merged cell in Excel - is this normal or am I doing something > wrong? > Than...

Using a formula to wrap text
I am using Excel 2000 I have a worksheet which is in effect an index containing a reference number and an address. the addresses were typed in, one cell per address, using ALT+ENTER at the end of each line laying it out like an address label. The cells are formatted a wrapped text. I am now able to make use of a linked spreadsheet from an Access database maintained elsewhere and more importantly always up to date. However, each line of the address is in a different column, 6 in all, and also the managers name, which is a bonus. I can use CONCATENATE to bring all the columns into one ...

Drop down box to select a sheet in the workbook?
Say I have a workbook with 12 sheets, is it possible to create a dropdown box in sheet 1, or any other sheet, that would quickly allow me to select any of the 12 sheets? or, a drop down box that would pull the info from one of the sheets onto a main sheet. -- Plasma ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Plasma's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27404 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532365 From Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html Plasma wr...

Undelete a batch
Hi all, I accidentally deleted a batch. Is there a way to recover this batch then post the respective entries? Thanks, WPD If you have a backup. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WPD" wrote: > Hi all, > I accidentally deleted a batch. > Is there a way to recover this batch then post the respective entries? > > Thanks, > WPD ...

Sequentially Increment a Text Field Based on Select Criteria
I need to automatically assign a sequential number based on the last four positions of a text field on a form based on the maximum value of part of the field +1 and based on the matching the value of the same field to that of a record in another table. In Table Service-Contracts I have a text field titled ARL TRACKING NO. Sample values are as follows: ARL-2009-0001 ARL-2009-0002 ARL-2009-0003 ARL-2010-0001 ARL-2010-0002 ARL-2010-0003 ARL-2010-0004 In Table FISCAL-YEAR I have a field called FY and there is one record which equals “2009”. In the sample above, I expec...

How do I stop text from disappearing when I wrap text in Excel?
When I type in a cell then wrap text, my text no longer displays in the cell. I can see it in the formula bar and in print preview but not in the actual cell on the screen. My row and column height is completely adjusted. If I unwrap the text, I can see it in the cell. ...

Full-text indexing question
All, Hopefully this isn't a RIDICULOUSLY dumb or over-asked question, but in your opinion, how useful has full-text indexing been to you in terms of the the performance of your Exchange server? -Pair Depending on the amount of change, it can really put your Exchange server on its knees. Especially if you update the index every 15 minutes. I have used it on selected mailbox stores, but usually schedule it only to update once a day (after hours.) -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "TwistedPair" <twistedpair@mail.com> wrote in message news:...

Help
I've pasted tables from an old document into another document. The tables now have extra boxes around the text. It looks like a table in a table, but I can't get rid of the extra boxes. Does anyone have any ideas? Kare_M, what type of document have you pasted into? It is possible to do exactly what you think has happened in some applications: paste a table into a cell in another table. Most likely candidate would be pasting into a table in a Word document. "Kare_M" wrote: > I've pasted tables from an old document into another document. The tables > no...