two-sided printer setup wizard, Publisher

In 2007 version of Publisher--- I try and run the 2-sided printer setup
wizard using the bypass tray (called tray 1) on my printer (for heavy stock)
and it will not work.  Every time it still draws from tray 2, not tray 1.
Is there a way to overide this?  I have set the defaults in widows to pull
from tray 1 and also in Publisher right before running this wizard to no
avail.
0
bc84 (2)

Most duplex units will not work with card stock.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"bc84" <bc84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In 2007 version of Publisher--- I try and run the 2-sided printer setup
> wizard using the bypass tray (called tray 1) on my printer (for heavy stock)
> and it will not work.  Every time it still draws from tray 2, not tray 1.
> Is there a way to overide this?  I have set the defaults in widows to pull
> from tray 1 and also in Publisher right before running this wizard to no
> avail.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/8/2007 7:42:58 PM
bc84 wrote:
> In 2007 version of Publisher--- I try and run the 2-sided printer setup
> wizard using the bypass tray (called tray 1) on my printer (for heavy stock)
> and it will not work.  Every time it still draws from tray 2, not tray 1.
> Is there a way to overide this?  I have set the defaults in widows to pull
> from tray 1 and also in Publisher right before running this wizard to no
> avail.

Presumably not. It shouldn't be terribly hard to work out how to
manually duplex from Tray 1, though. Try one way: if it works, keep
doing it that way; if it doesn't, then work out from the way the print
came out (if both pages printed on the same size, it was the wrong side
up; if one was upside-down, it was oriented the wrong way) which way it
should go in the next time.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Most duplex units will not work with card stock.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "bc84" <bc84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In 2007 version of Publisher--- I try and run the 2-sided printer setup
> > wizard using the bypass tray (called tray 1) on my printer (for heavy stock)
> > and it will not work.  Every time it still draws from tray 2, not tray 1.
> > Is there a way to overide this?  I have set the defaults in widows to pull
> > from tray 1 and also in Publisher right before running this wizard to no
> > avail.

0
bc84 (2)

synchiing two computers?

Where do I find the Payment Request Wizard in Outlook?
I'm trying to set up a PayPal account and cannot find where the Payment Request Wizard is for Outlook or Outlook Express. Anyone know? ...

how do i password protect a microsoft publisher document
I want to password protect my resume I perpared in Microsoft Publisher. Are there any tool in publisher that would allow me to do this? I love Publisher however I would never recommend a resume in Publisher format. Most places will not be able to read it. I'm looking for a job now myself and I have yet to see an employee that says they will accept a .pub file. All I see are requests for .doc or .txt files. Anything else is useless to them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "fffinga" <fffinga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E22BE2D0-940...

Publisher 2003 Bug with aligning at angles?
I made a 3.75" diameter circle and then put more circles inside, each one 0.25" smaller in diameter all the way down to 1.25". Then I drew angle lines across the diameter of the largest circle, every 7.5 degrees, all around the circle. I made little rectangles 5mm X 2mm in size and placed them along the bottom half of the circle where each of the angle lines and the 3.5" circle intersect (Each of the small rectangles was also rotated to the same angle as the previously drawn lines that span the diameter of the circles). I then selected the rectangles on the bottom h...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Microsoft Publisher #5
How can I create a brochure from a blank document? The operative word here is "create." If you are going to create from a blank document, that is what you do. You use as many of the facilities of the program as you need to create your brochure. There are many options available when you choose New from the File drop down menu. In Publisher 2003, expand Publications for Print and choose brouchures. Select and modify the one that you like. Further help may come along when you provide the version that you are using. "bookwalk1" <bookwalk1@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Server side rules not working after SP2 update
I am running Exchange 2003 Ent SP2 on a Windows 2003 Ent server. Clients are all Outlook 2003 SP2 on XP Pro SP2 I have many rules created within several User accounts to move incoming email into public folders. This worked fine until I applied Exchange SP2. Now all these rules act as if they are client-side and require Outlook to remain open to function. When I create a new rule to move an incoming email into a public folder I do not get a pop-up stating this is a client-side rule. Rules moving email into other folders within a mailbox remain server-side. Only the rules moving ema...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

CRM sdk 1.2 published
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversion12sdk.asp John, Where can I download the dll? "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:eEINcxnzDHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversion12sdk.asp > > It should be on the 1.2 cd's "Lloyd Grose" <lloyd.grose@touchstone.co.uk> wrote in message news:OHo4iiwzDHA.2116@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > John, &g...

Excel Conditional sum wizard for Office XP?
Add in is listed with the program; however, I was unable to install it. I went to Microsoft Office and was unable to find it? Where can I get this add in? curt SUMIF.XLA is on the CD and should have been installed with "typical" install. If not available in Tools>Add-ins, perhaps the installation was a "custom" install and the original installer did not check the Conditional Sum Wizard. Do a file search for SUMIF.XLA Normal path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library If can't be found, go to Control Panel>Add/remove and click on MS Office ...

mail merge problem in publisher
I recently had to reload Office Small Business 2007 onto my computer and now my publisher document won't merge with my excel spreadsheet. When merging the spreadsheet with over 100 address I only get one page and one address. Previously I got one page for each address. I'm sure it's a setting but which one? Are you doing labels? Do you intend to have multiple names and addresses per page? Your problem isn't too clear. If you are doing labels or similar: After you input your fields go to File, Print Merge, be certain "Multiple pages per sheet" is selected. T...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Can internet side ISA to internal SSL web sever be proxied with Kerberos Protocol translation to exchange OWA on a different server?
In a Windows 2003 domain. With Exchage 2003 and ISA 2000. Is it possible to have internet web connection from ISA go to internal IIS web server that has SSL, then proxy that connection to internal Exchange Server OWA. In other words use the existing web server's certificate to force authentication for web client and set up a proxy for web access between web server and Exchange OWA which is located on a different box then the IIS web server. SSL credentials could be passed with Kerberos protocol translation to Exchange OWA This would be for a non-production, small test domain use...

Publisher #29
How/Where can I get Microsoft Publisher for my home PC. I have to create a bulletin for my church. I have Windows XP 2003. Thank you! Your favorite office supply store, Sams Club, online thru Microsoft, any number of places. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Reepy" <Reepy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:521147D7-FFE0-44A0-9913-2245B686F809@microsoft.com... > How/Where can I get Microsoft Publisher for my home PC. I have to create > a > bulletin for my church. I have Windows XP 2003. Thank you! --- Outgoing mail is certified V...

how do i set up readability statistics in publisher

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Desk top publishing
how do i set up a publisher print project to print as a book? Randy wrote: || how do i set up a publisher print project to print as a book? Go to File > Page Setup > Layout Tab > Publication type > Booklet -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Brian Thank you. i have tried that. it prints the info on a 8.5x11 page in landscape. it shinks the info to 1/2 its normal size. my pub 2000 had a print setting of book or booklet, that i don't see in 2003. now ...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

microsoft office\office11\1033\setup.chm
microsoft office\office11\1033\setup.chm CORRUPT FILE PLEASE SENT THE FILE If the file is corrupt, restore it from your Office CD. "SATHEESH" <SATHEESH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62135EE2-F9C3-4355-BC83-36EA22D5F44E@microsoft.com... > microsoft office\office11\1033\setup.chm CORRUPT FILE PLEASE SENT THE FILE I cant get pro11.msi how do i get it. I have tryed everything "SATHEESH" wrote: > microsoft office\office11\1033\setup.chm CORRUPT FILE PLEASE SENT THE FILE I dont have one do i need to go buy one for it to work "K. Orl...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....

Importing Clips from Publisher 98CD
I have publisher 98 installed on my computer and it won't find the 1000's of clip items on the CD that came with. A very limited number of pics is in my gallery. Is there some way to install these without having to individually categorize and identify each individual piece? Seems like my old computer had no problem with this. Insert your setup disk, run setup again, choose to run all from your computer. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Joy Kramer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Compare two lists of names
Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the other is first name last? try this formual: =RIGHT(TRIM(E2),LEN(E2)-FIND(" ",E2))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(TRIM(E2),FIND(" ",E2))) it will convert First name last name to last name, first name or Visa versa. then you can compare your lists. "ea" wrote: > Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the > other is first name last? ...