Two-Column problem

Using Arrange, Layout Guides, I set up Publisher 2002 with two columns per
page and with two master pages with mirrored guides.

For the first 11 pages, text flowed as expected. That is, each new pair of
pages had two textboxes per page.

But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two
columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, not two.

How do I force Publisher to give me two textboxes per page, as it did for
the first 11 pages?

(I might be missing something obvious. I haven't used Publisher in several
years.)

Thanks.

Charley

0
kyd (24)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Charley Kyd <kyd@incsight.com>...
> But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two
> columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page,
> not two.

Can't you create your text boxes yourself?  Or change the text box that
appears to a two-column one?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
9/23/2003 7:01:01 AM
> Can't you create your text boxes yourself?  Or change the text box that
> appears to a two-column one?

I **can** do so. But is this necessary? That is, if I've set up the pages as
two columns do I really need to manually position the text boxes? By
manually fiddling with the text boxes on each page I'll probably ensure that
the text boxes on the last page are different than those on the first
page--slightly different sizes, slightly different positions, etc.

Charley

0
kyd (24)
9/23/2003 4:56:12 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Charley Kyd <kyd@incsight.com>...
> I **can** do so. But is this necessary?
Not if you use a multi-column text box

> That is, if I've set up the
> pages as two columns do I really need to manually position the text
> boxes? By manually fiddling with the text boxes on each page I'll
> probably ensure that the text boxes on the last page are different
> than those on the first page--slightly different sizes, slightly
> different positions, etc.
Not if you use the Snap To feature (explore the options uner Arrange > Snap)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)

Stacked Column Graph
I have data that counts in two separrate ways. How can I put two stacked columns next to each other on the same graph (X is in days, Y1 is # of incidents, Y2 is currently an average of days used for a line above the stacks). Hi Tim, Have a look at the resources referred to by Jon. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Tim wrote: > I have data that counts in two separrate ways. How can I put two stacked > columns next to each other on the same graph (X is in days, Y1 is # of > incidents, Y2 is currently an average of days used for a line a...

Can I convert columns to rows?
I need to convert address information, which is on word and listed vertically, to an excel spreadsheet, and have the information list out horizontally. Is this possible to do? I am familiar with the basics of each program, but using "range,formula,value" options in excel confuses me. Here's an example: (My data in word) Mel's Tire Store, Inc. 300 Culbertson Avenue Worland, WY 82401 (307) 347-3601 Need to copy and paste so data spreads horizontally in Excel, under these colum headings: "Business Name" "Address" "City&qu...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

Problem Working with Named Ranges
Hi, On one worksheet in my workbook, I have an outline with expandable and collapsable rows (using the group function). In another worksheet, I have different buttons which runs different macros that will link me to the sections of the outline that I want expanded (while the rest remains collapsed). I was able to get a macro to work using absolute values for a cell position, but I have been unsuccesful trying to work with name ranges. This is a problem, as I frequently add new rows to the outline so I'm constantly having to update the macro. Can someone help me put relative v...

data sort is not including all columns in sort
I have a list with name, company, address, city.....etc. When I click on data sort (i do check the box to include column headings) and do a sort by say address, it will sometimes exclude a column such as name from the sort. It does not always do this. Is this a glitch? Do I need to highlight the entire list before I sort? Also, sometimes if I just use the Ascending or Descending icon rather that going to data, sort it will only sort that column and not the rest of the data with it. Those are the reasons that I don't trust excel to guess at the range I want sorted. I'll...

Redeption - Outlook 2003
Hi, I am able to get the contactItem detils (FullName, CompanyName, HomeTelephoneNumber, etc.,) using Outlook object model. Because of the security patch problem, I thought of using Redemption. In the Redemption SafeContactItem object contain fields like, Email1AddressType, Email1DisplayName, Email1EntryID, etc. BUT, I am not able to get the outlook contactItem fields (FullName, CompanyName, HomeTelephoneNumber, etc.,). I am using Outlook 2003. Programming language is Visual Basic 6.0. I am using Redeption version 3.4. My code sample (using outlook object model): ======================...

VB.net select column and format
Hi, I am using VB.net 2005 with Excel 2003. I need to select a single column and apply formating to it. Can someone please explain how to do this? Thanks, What sort of formatting do you mean? The basic code would be something like Dim RangeToFormat As Excel.Range Dim WS As Excel.Worksheet RangeToFormat = DirectCast( _ XLApp.Workbooks("Book1.xls"). _ Worksheets.Item("Sheet1"), Excel.Worksheet). _ Range("A1").EntireColumn WS = RangeToFormat.Worksheet RangeToFormat = _ XLApp.Intersect(WS.UsedRange, RangeToFormat) RangeToForma...

problem with cache
hi asp.net 3.5 I added this markup to default.aspx: <%@ OutputCache Duration="3600" VaryByParam="none" %> Then when I try to login and click the submit button nothing happens. I'm not logged in. Now when I click on the other pages on the site (e.g navigate to other pages than default.aspx), on those pages I'm logged in. Going back to default.aspx and I'm loggout... Think this has something to do with pages was cached for an hour and asp.net is just showing the cached version. I hope there are some parameters or somehting I need to sp...

how to protect appointed rows or columns to use the mouse and keyboard
hzh, You could include some text in your post. Maybe then we could figure out what you mean by "appointed"?? "To use the mouse and keyboard" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Maybe you're a new poster??? If so, take a look here before reposting: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm Most anything that could be asked in the newsgroups has already been answered. Take a look here and you may just find what you're looking for (whatever that is)?? http://tinyurl.com/29pby John "hzh" <hzh62@163.com> wrote in message news:7A2382EE-00E6-4679...

Problem with Excel 2003 and 2007 on same computer
I've always used the Office 2003 programs. But recently I decided to switch Outlook to the 2007 version. In the process. Office 2007 also installed the 2007 versions of Excel, Word, etc. So now I have both Excel 2003, and Excel 2007 on my Windows 7 home premium computer. I don=92t care at all for the ribbon and other features of Excel 2007. But occasionally, and seemingly randomly, my opening an old Excel file brings up 2007 Excel I know there=92s a setting to create an association between .XLS, .XLT etc.. and a particular program, in this case Excel 2003. But in Windows 7, what woul...

CRM Install problem
The first install disk asked for another disk "Service Pack 3" to be installed so it could get some files. What SP3 disk it is looking for? I am rying to add CRM onto a machine with Small Business Server 2000. u must sql server service pack 3 install Thanks, I'll do that. >-----Original Message----- >u must sql server service pack 3 install > > >. > ...

Dialog based problem in vc6
Hi, I am writing an mfc project in vs6 and I have a problem! When I add radio button to my dialog based application and run the application and press that button my application hang, even when I try to run it in the test mode inside visual studio and press that radio button it stack the all environment why?? It append only if I add a radio button for a regular button its all ok! I install sp-6 but it didn't solve the problem. Thanks "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eq14GyguEHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am writing an mfc project in ...

Column Sum in Footer
Hi, I have created a Tabular report that lists names and weights for different people. I want to create a stand-alone field in the page footer that will display the SUM of all the weights on the report. Can somebody please help me? (I'm using Access 2000 btw) I have tried creating a text box with the Control Source property set as "=Sum(weight)". However, this just produces an error. Thanks in advance. Julie Smith wrote: >Hi, >I have created a Tabular report that lists names and weights for different >people. I want to create a stand-alone field in the page f...

Message Rule Problem
I set two message rules, the first one for messages containing [IncrediJoy], and the other for messages containing [Blank-Tags-ONLY] for the messages to go into specific folders. For some reason, when I get more of the messages with [IncrediJoy] or [Blank-Tags-ONLY], they won't go to their assigned folder, how can I correct this problem? -- Matthew Surber matthew_surber@earthlink.net Have A Great Day! -- All Outgoing mail scanned by McAfee ...

How to group similar column titles together????
I have an excel spreadsheet with 6 column titles as follows: 1st column title = ob1 2nd column title = ob2 3rd column title = ab1 4th column title = ob3 5th column title = ab2 6th column title = ob4 I have about 200 lines of information on each column. I want to run a macro / function on this spreadsheet and my spreadsheet should regroup similar titles together as follows: 1st column title = ob1 2nd column title = ob2 3rd column title = ob3 4th column title = ob4 <blank column> 5th column title = ab1 6th column title = ab2 Can someone think of any way to do this? (A macro ...

Problem when adding existing items to an existing Matrix
When I try to add an existing item to an existing matrix, the item is copied into the list but without subdescription 1 , 2 and 3. These fields are greyed out so I cannot edit them once added. Once the item is added it shows with blank entries in RMS. I have checked that there is no security set for these fields so why cannot not change these fields? What version of RMS? Just about every hotfix for RMS 2.0 has had fixes for Matrix items. On Aug 15, 9:03=A0am, Ge...@rtl-world.com <Ge...@rtl- world.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to add an existing item to an ...

opening file problem please help
When I click on an Excel file in Windows Explorer, I get the following error message. "a document with the name "filename".xls is already open. You can not open two documents with the same name at the same time". (Clicking ok closes the message and the file opens.) This happens on every Excel file in Explorer. There are no other files open on my p.c. at all. If I open Excel first and open the file I want by clicking the File menu and selecting Open, the file will open with no error message. Other than that the programme works perfectly I'm using Excel 97 and Windo...

Outlook 2007 Problems 12-18-09
I downloaded Office 2010 beta, and everything was fine. I elected to keep my Office 2007 programs with no problems, except Outlook 2007. first of all, Outlook 2010 took too long to convert my Outlook 2007 mailbox, so I got out of that. since only one can be read, I elected to go back to Outlook 2007, since I was familar with it. first of all, when I log on Outlook 2007, it gave me a note saying that Outlook 2007 is trying to read Outlook 2010's file. OK, I am not computer geek, but I thought it was OK to read send new email, and reply to email. I was wrong again. I...

install excel 2002 on two computers
can i install the above on 2 computers. I tried and it tells you to register it or it will self destruct after so many uses. I have already registered it on 1 computer. lew boone LEWISBOONE@ peoplepc.com Lew I believe you mean "activate" rather than "register". Read the EULA. One computer. One installation. Two computers. Buy a second copy of Office. Gord Dibben XL2002 On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:38:48 -0800, "lew boone" <LEWISBOONE@peoplepc.com> wrote: >can i install the above on 2 computers. I tried and it >tells you to register it or it wi...

Macro problem
Hi, I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf scores. The spreadsheet uses a macro for copying the scores to a database sheet and to a statistics sheet. When running this macro the process fails on the statistics sheet. It involves copying 2 matrices from the scorecard sheet to the statistics sheet. If I uninstall the security updates for Excel 2007 in Windows 7 the spreadsheet works like a charm. I usually just removes all excel updates and unchecks updates for excel in Windows Update. However, now I have this update, that keeps installing itself after a reboot (KB982308). I ...

Reports Columns Help/Field Name Help
Hello, I wrote in previous to get information on makin a 3 column report w/out Fieldnames repeating. The code worked and it is listed below: If Me.Left < (2 * 1440) Then Me![FirstNameLabel].Visible = True Me![LastNameLabel].Visible = True Me![TitleLabel].Visible = True Me![FirstName].Visible = False Me![LastName].Visible = False Me![Title].Visible = False Me.NextRecord = False Else Me![FirstNameLabel].Visible = False Me![LastNameLabel].Visible = False Me![TitleLabel].Visible = False Me![FirstName].Visible = True Me![LastName].Visible = True Me![Title]...

Up date links problem
I'm trying to use a 'sumif' function with links in it as follows: =SUMIF('C:\BRS\Lend\WP\CMT\Project\Time\2003\[2003.09.30.xls]costings'!$D$9:$D$208,T(E11),'C:\BRS\Lend\WP\CMT\Project\Time\2003\[2003.09.30.xls]costings'!$G$9:$G$208) This brings the correct values through fine when the sub sheet is open, but if you try and open the sheet with this function in, it returns #value if the sub sheet is not open. Hope someone can help as this is driving me flam'n crazy. Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.Exc...

Combine two different chart styles on one chart
I would like to combine a stacked bar chart with a normal bar chart on one chart. For example, I have the following data: Domestic sales $1,000 International sales $2,000 Intercompany sales $3,000 On one chart, all next to each other I want: 1. each of these data as a normal bar chart (3 bars in total) 2. all three combined on a stacked (multi-color) bar Any ideas on how to do this? Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance -- FXS Try one of the tutorials listed on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

columns should be lettered???
I seem to have a problem with my worksheets and as an inexperienced excel user I am confused. I am pretty sure that the columns should be lettered and the rows should be numbered. Both columns and rows are numbered on my work sheets. No letters on the columns. How can this be???? D "Tools->Options->General" Uncheck the "R1C1 Reference Style" box. -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7e5201c3f1e2$2a10e8c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Problem with KB during CRM 4 install
I'm trying to install offline CRM 4 client on an XP client. I can only get so far with the install. It asks to install Visual C++, which I do. It then says that I need to install KB928365, but when I try to install it doesn't complete. I then try the install again, and the exact same thing. It says I need to install C++, which I do, but then the KB issue occurs, but the same thing. Anyone run into this? Thanks Mike ...