tutorial for MS Publisher 2003.

I am new to MS Publisher 2003.  Is there a tutorial for this program?  I
really need to read it in order to get started using MS Publisher 2003.
0
alpoppe (1)

There are a few tutorials available on the Microsoft site. Plus there is
always the Help file.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"alpoppe" <alpoppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to MS Publisher 2003.  Is there a tutorial for this program?  I
> really need to read it in order to get started using MS Publisher 2003.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/21/2005 1:23:37 AM
Here's a decent technique for getting familiar with the program. Pick out a
wizard that's similar to something you want to create with Publisher, such
as a newsletter. Do a minor change to the file and then save it under a file
name of your choosing. Now start playing around with the file. Add text,
move elements, just keep coming up with new things to try. With one of the
elements selected, start clicking on the different options to see what
happens. You might make a mess, but who cares since it's all part of
learning. Do this a few times and you'll be surprised how fast you become
proficient at using Publisher. I'm not a fan of wizards, but as a learning
tool they are great for beginners. Once you've got a few basics down, start
creating some things from scratch. You might want to print out a sample
newsletter from a wizard. Then start with a blank document and try to
duplicate what you just printed. Always remember there are quite a few
helpful people (for the most part) who are here on the newsgroup to help you
along the way.

Ron

"alpoppe" <alpoppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to MS Publisher 2003.  Is there a tutorial for this program?  I
> really need to read it in order to get started using MS Publisher 2003.

0
Ron
5/21/2005 3:46:17 AM
That's kind of what I do. I open a new file and start playing. I like the
fact that a lot of Microsoft programs have similar commands.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ron Cohen" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
> Here's a decent technique for getting familiar with the program. Pick out
> a wizard that's similar to something you want to create with Publisher,
> such as a newsletter. Do a minor change to the file and then save it under
> a file name of your choosing. Now start playing around with the file. Add
> text, move elements, just keep coming up with new things to try. With one
> of the elements selected, start clicking on the different options to see
> what happens. You might make a mess, but who cares since it's all part of
> learning. Do this a few times and you'll be surprised how fast you become
> proficient at using Publisher. I'm not a fan of wizards, but as a learning
> tool they are great for beginners. Once you've got a few basics down,
> start creating some things from scratch. You might want to print out a
> sample newsletter from a wizard. Then start with a blank document and try
> to duplicate what you just printed. Always remember there are quite a few
> helpful people (for the most part) who are here on the newsgroup to help
> you along the way.
>
> Ron
>
> "alpoppe" <alpoppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am new to MS Publisher 2003.  Is there a tutorial for this program?  I
>> really need to read it in order to get started using MS Publisher 2003.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/21/2005 4:02:48 AM
Training courses
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061832741033.aspx
Assistance
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH790018091033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"alpoppe" <alpoppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to MS Publisher 2003.  Is there a tutorial for this program?  I
> really need to read it in order to get started using MS Publisher 2003.

0
gsauer (5094)
5/21/2005 8:42:35 AM
Thanks for the gppd information!
"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That's kind of what I do. I open a new file and start playing. I like the
> fact that a lot of Microsoft programs have similar commands.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Ron Cohen" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
>> Here's a decent technique for getting familiar with the program. Pick out
>> a wizard that's similar to something you want to create with Publisher,
>> such as a newsletter. Do a minor change to the file and then save it
>> under a file name of your choosing. Now start playing around with the
>> file. Add text, move elements, just keep coming up with new things to
>> try. With one of the elements selected, start clicking on the different
>> options to see what happens. You might make a mess, but who cares since
>> it's all part of learning. Do this a few times and you'll be surprised
>> how fast you become proficient at using Publisher. I'm not a fan of
>> wizards, but as a learning tool they are great for beginners. Once you've
>> got a few basics down, start creating some things from scratch. You might
>> want to print out a sample newsletter from a wizard. Then start with a
>> blank document and try to duplicate what you just printed. Always
>> remember there are quite a few helpful people (for the most part) who are
>> here on the newsgroup to help you along the way.
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> "alpoppe" <alpoppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I am new to MS Publisher 2003.  Is there a tutorial for this program?  I
>>> really need to read it in order to get started using MS Publisher 2003.

0
alan7147 (17)

How to create a similar resume in MS Excel ???
Hello All, I came across this interesting resume which has been prepared as a graph and charts sheet / dashboard. Although some may question its relevance / consistency in color usage / display of information , it is doing what it means to do... It captures attention and would surely give the candidate a boost. http://theportfolio.ofmichaelanderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/resume-infographic.jpg I was wondering how this can be created using MS Excel... can someone help me on this ??? Regards, Anand Kumar On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:13:21 -0700 (PDT), anandydr <anandydr@gmail.com> w...

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

Exchange 2003 Tracking Center
Im running Exchange 2003 and when I search for emails with the message tracking center they pull up but the subject line is left blank on all searches done. Do I have something miss configured that is causing the subject lines to be left blank? Thanks blusporttrac you have to enable "subject logging and display"...I do not believe it is enable by default... <blusporttrac@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1117119115.669602.209960@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Im running Exchange 2003 and when I search for emails with the > message tracking center they pull up...

Outlook 2003 Wont Remember Password
Hello All, Since upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003, Outlook now does not remember our POP server passwords for any user on our Terminal Server network. We download mail from a Linux POP server for company email, but Outlook will always pause at the download screen and ask for the password, no matter whether we click the 'save this password in your password list' option box or not. Can anyone assist? Thanks, Devan ...

Corrupt Access 2003 File
I was working on this file earlier today, I even just opened it and it was fine and all of a sudden there is a write delay to the save the file, I closed it and I try opening it again and it is corrupted. I don't get it. The message I am getting is below. What does that mean. I just finished making a lost of update to the file. The last time I backed it up was Tuesday, and I have done a lot of work to it between then and now. I don't have the time to go back and redo all that work again. Any help will be appreciated. "Microsoft Office Access has detected corruption in this ...

Adding old clipart from previous Publishers to Publisher 2003
Hi I installed a new Publisher - 2003 - on my computer. I had kept all my old disks from Office 2000 with all the old clipart. However, the new Publisher doesn't seem to have as nice a clipart gallery as my old version had, and I had wanted to add all my clips to the newer version. Is this possible in a way that Publisher will *automatically* setup all the old clips so that I can easily search for the exact picture I am looking for, instead of having to go through each clip manually by the very boring names such as clip1, clip2, clip3 etc. (or however the clipart is installed)? I want...

Outlook 2003 won't let me delete msg in Outbox
I have an email in my outbox that has a 6 MB attachment. Well, for whatever reason, Outlook was having issues sending the email, so after several hours, I decided to delete it. Pressing the delete button does nothing, no error. Trying to permenantly delete it (shift delete) and it gives me the error message "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." It's a bizarre error. I'm only using Outlook as a pop3 email reader. There's no exchange on the backend. This is with Windows XP Professional. Any help woul...

Connect to Exchange 2003 from a different domain
Hi!! Sorry, I don't speak english well :-) This is my network: domain 1: NT and XP Clients using Outlook domain 2: Exchange 2003 Each client use LMHOST to view Exchange server. I can connect with it and the first time I use Outlook I need to write: username, password and domain. I write the username,... from Exchange domain and Outlook works fine. So, from time to time, Outlook opens a new window to write this parameters. It's a nightmare!!! I haven't a trust relationship from domain 1 to domain 2, and I haven't configured mailboxes, it use default parameters. I tried to...

Mailboxes in Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server
I have implemented a policy to limit the mailbox size to 30000 K and implemented a 21 day Age Limit. However, 21 days has passed and the 30000 K limit has passed on more than 50% of our mailboxes. How can we enforce this policy to work properly and clean out the mailboxes to bring this down to 30 K. The policy I have created is running and reporting is enabled.It is configured for report only, but I would like this to change to "Move to deleted items folder". However, since nothing seems to happen as of yet...I am hesitant to make the change until I can see a change and tha...

Outlook 2003 #5
I just got Outlook 2003 in the mail yesterday. Is there anyone out their who has the latest version of Outlook yet? DaveS wrote: > I just got Outlook 2003 in the mail yesterday. Is there > anyone out their who has the latest version of Outlook > yet? Why do you ask, Dave? Is there something wrong? If so, please let us know the problem...maybe we can help you -- Donald L McDaniel Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed ============================================================= ...

PST not created in Outlook 2003 after importprf
Hi all, I would like to create a Exchange Server Outlook profile with a Unicode or ANSI PST file. When I launch outlook 2003 with the -importprf option, the creation of the profile work fine (exchange server settings) but none PST is add (if the file exist) or create and add (if the file not exist). When I try my outlook.prf file with the -importprf option on an outlook 2007, all work fine, in the same environment (domain, policy settings, etc...) I use the Outlook ADM file to force the cached offline mode as default. I try to use the settings "Exchange Unicode Mode - Ignore Arc...

Outlook 2003 Storing Sent Items with IMAP
Hi, I've recently started using Outlook 2003, (upgrading from Outllook Express). I have several IMAP accounts and with Outllook Express whenever I sent an email from one account, it automatically stored it in the IMAP folder Sent Items of the account I sent it from. How can you do this in Outllook 2003?? It seems to store everything in Sent Items which means I can't read the mail I've sent from other locations. Regards. "Dougie Mac" <dougiemac> wrote: >Hi, > >I've recently started using Outlook 2003, (upgrading from Outllook Express). >...

Querying MS Access from C# on stored file paths
Hi folks, I'm storing some particulars about file usage in my MS Access database, incl. the full paths of those files. I tried to query the database in my C# code. My idea was to retrieve from the database by means of SQL when a file was used the last time, but I only know the directory it is in, so in my code I tried to construct a WHERE clause as follows: String whereClause = "WHERE Filename LIKE '" + dirpath + "*'"; Of course I'm working on Windows and I don't want to think of portability now. Obviously, the variable dirpath contains double...

Publisher 2007 #31
If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round pictures, they just sit on top! What am I doing Wrong? In Publisher 2000 it would be, Click on the text box; select Format, check "Wrap text around objects" Option. OK -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "richwoo" <richwoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F176A1BE-6E72-48FB-98F9-573C15E677CC@microsoft.com... > If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round > pictures, they just sit on top! > What am I doing Wrong? > ...

integration with Outlook 2003: slower on XP than W2K? after upgrade?
Hi, I have a VB.NET (2.0) application that integrates with Outlook 2003. I have windows XP SP2. The users had Windows 2000, and Office 2000. They upgraded (!) to Office 2003. But: - an action that takes 0,5 seconds on my pc, takes them 4-5 seconds - an action that takes 2,5 seconds on my pc, takes them 8-9 seconds So for a test we completely desinstalled Office 2003, and did a full re-install of 2003 on a system. Performance increased with +- 30%: times are now 2,5 seconds and 6 seconds. But still much more than my 0,5 and 2,5.... What's the reason of this performance-problem? The ...

the system cannot find the file specified outlook 2003 #2
Attachments show up in emails, but when you try to open them, the messages comes up "the system cannot find the file specified", but other recipiants on same email can open theirs. ...

A line showes up in print that is not on the screen in publisher.
I can't find it to remove it on screen, seems like a text box line. How do I deleate it? What version Publisher are you using? The line could be behind something else on your page. You could be experiencing printer driver problems. Look into an upgraded driver. Select all on your page, do you see the line segment? If you cannot see the line to delete it, open another instance of Publisher and copy/paste each of your objects into the new publication. Some corruption may be going on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micros...

How to display animated GIF easily .. any system/ms contorl for this
Was wondering if there is a way to display an animated GIF easily .. maybe a variation / extension of the animation control ? -- All the best Thanks for the exponential performance info. "Doug Harrison [MVP]" <dsh@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<c1ibo01rf22ds149ukckbqhqb9bt3jsheq@4ax.com>... > It seems more likely you corrupted the heap somewhere. Show the call stack > and the code surrounding the crash site. Also give the exact exception type. > Also give compiler version and service pack. I take it you do have C++ > exceptions enabled for your ...

Outlook 2003 Can't Open Item MS OFFICE FAILED
Yikes, I'm having a real problem. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Home Edition Office 2003 with Service Pack 2 (only have Outlook and Word installed) Toshiba Notebook M15-S405 Satellite Pro 1.4 ghz with 512 mgs ram I woke up one morning and saw that I had a stop error window open on my computer explaining that Windows had encountered some kind of driver error and that windows had to restart. Windows offered that I review my system for serious errors. That is a very sad thing to wake up to. So I ran a chkdsk and defragged and a virus check. No problems there. I checked my ...

Change in paste behaviout between Publisher 2000 and 2002-
I also have the same problem. I use publisher to print ID cards and every day paste about 100 images from a graphics program into the same sized text box in Publisher. With all versions of Publisher up to and including 2000 the pasted image would resize itself to the text frame. This being what I need. With Publisher 2002 onwards the pasted image pastes itself into a new frame on top of the existing image and much larger. I then have to delete the existing image and resize the new image, which takes much much longer than using Publisher 2000. If Microsoft provided an option somewhere to cho...

Help
I am trying to configure Outlook 2003 for multiple email accounts. I have so far set up 4 different profiles to go with the 4 different accounts that I would like to check with outlook. On startup of Outlook 2003 I have an option of which account to check and once I select the account, it opens right up and everything is working fine except that I would now like to use a password log on so that each ac count can have some privacy. 2 are mine and I have one for my wife. I would like it to request a password before it opens her account etc. any assistance would be greatly appreciat...

OL 2003 will not send some messages (replies-to)
hi, I'm running OL 2003 SP2 on a laptop running XP. I'll reply to someone and hit the send button, but the message will appear in the outbox, highlighted, not italicized, and simply won't send. Occasionally this would happen with my old machine running W2k and and older version of OL, but I could reopen the message within the outbox and hit the send button, and the message would then appear italicized and ready to send. When I reopen the message in OL 2003 in the outbox, the send button does not appear. Some messages send fine. I think, not sure, that the problem is wi...

trouble opening office 2003 excel files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having difficulty opening Excel files that were created in the 2003 version withthe 2008 version. The files were originally created on a windows XP machine, then imported into a Mac using Office 2003 under system 10.4. The files are rather large, approximately 60 columns by 10,000 rows. I haad no difficulty in working with the files between the Windows and Mac systems. I recently got a new MacBook Pro with an Intel processor and installed Office 2008. When I try to read these large Excel files on my new lap...

Excel 2003 / Send To / Mail Recipient / body text is removed
When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email as an Attachment. If they type any text into the body of the email it is replaced with <<...>> How can I change this ? If you don't get a good reply here, you may want to post in one of the .Outlook newsgroups. jmaynard2 wrote: > > When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail > Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email > as an Attachment. > > If they typ...

SMTP on MS EXCHANGE 2000 Server
I have an exchange server set up in our environment but the clients have been set up as pop clients and not as exchange clients. I wont go into the details as to why we have gone for that. The question is that when a client sets its pop server as "abc.mail.com" it receives mails so thats fine but when it writes "abc.mail.com" in SMTP it doesnt send and gives an error as NO TRANSPORT SERVER AVAILABLE. At the moment the clients are using the ISP's SMTP. SMTP connector has been created on mail server and if a client is setup as an EXCHANGE client then there are no issues,...