Turning OFF Message Boxes

I am using Publisher [2007] for a project that involves pasting text
from other documents.  Sometimes [oddly enough, it doesn't happen every
time!] when I paste [right click, paste], a message box will popup which
states "The inserted text doesn't fit in this box.  Do you want to use
autoflow? To have Publisher automatically flow text throughout your
publication, ask for confirmation before it flows into existing boxes,
click Yes.  To connect boxes yourself, click No.  For information on
connecting boxes, press F1."

Each time this appears, I click NO.  I've checked everything I know of
including F1 to try and STOP these annoying popup messages from
appearing!  It's very tiring and cumbersome when I'm working on my
project to continually deal with these boxes all day.

Can someone tell me how to turn them OFF?????

--
Selahgal

You cannot turn this warning off. Create a text box first, if it is large
enough, you will not get the message. If you think there will be overflow,
create two boxes and link them in advance.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Selahgal" <Selahgal.17137b6@officefrustration.com> wrote in message

> I am using Publisher [2007] for a project that involves pasting text
> from other documents.  Sometimes [oddly enough, it doesn't happen every
> time!] when I paste [right click, paste], a message box will popup which
> states "The inserted text doesn't fit in this box.  Do you want to use
> autoflow? To have Publisher automatically flow text throughout your
> publication, ask for confirmation before it flows into existing boxes,
> click Yes.  To connect boxes yourself, click No.  For information on
> connecting boxes, press F1."
>
> Each time this appears, I click NO.  I've checked everything I know of
> including F1 to try and STOP these annoying popup messages from
> appearing!  It's very tiring and cumbersome when I'm working on my
> project to continually deal with these boxes all day.
>
> Can someone tell me how to turn them OFF?????
>

> --
> Selahgal

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/2/2007 8:52:09 PM
I am posting the text inside a large text box which is the size of the
entire page.  I am basically editing the text, cutting and pasting,
etc.  Is the message box appearing because my text box is too small?

Since I can't turn the message box OFF, is there a way other than what
you suggested, to AVOID making the message box appear?  What if I make
the text box as big as possible before pasting then return it to 'page'
size when I'm done?

Thanks for your help by the way.

--
Selahgal
Make sure your cursor is active in the text box, otherwise Publisher will create

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Selahgal" <Selahgal.17250f4@officefrustration.com> wrote in message

> I am posting the text inside a large text box which is the size of the
> entire page.  I am basically editing the text, cutting and pasting,
> etc.  Is the message box appearing because my text box is too small?
>
> Since I can't turn the message box OFF, is there a way other than what
> you suggested, to AVOID making the message box appear?  What if I make
> the text box as big as possible before pasting then return it to 'page'
> size when I'm done?
>
> Thanks for your help by the way.
>

> Mary Sauer;2458279 Wrote:
>> You cannot turn this warning off. Create a text box first, if it is
>> large
>> enough, you will not get the message. If you think there will be
>> overflow,
>> create two boxes and link them in advance.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Selahgal" Selahgal.17137b6@officefrustration.com wrote in message
>>
>> I am using Publisher [2007] for a project that involves pasting text
>> from other documents.  Sometimes [oddly enough, it doesn't happen
>> every
>> time!] when I paste [right click, paste], a message box will popup
>> which
>> states "The inserted text doesn't fit in this box.  Do you want to use
>> autoflow? To have Publisher automatically flow text throughout your
>> publication, ask for confirmation before it flows into existing boxes,
>> click Yes.  To connect boxes yourself, click No.  For information on
>> connecting boxes, press F1."
>>
>> Each time this appears, I click NO.  I've checked everything I know of
>> including F1 to try and STOP these annoying popup messages from
>> appearing!  It's very tiring and cumbersome when I'm working on my
>> project to continually deal with these boxes all day.
>>
>> Can someone tell me how to turn them OFF?????
>>

>> --
>> Selahgal -
>

> --
> Selahgal

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Can I send messages from access using outlook?
I thought it was possible to link the address book in Outlook to my Access data base. I'm unsure what to do. ...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

Email message NDR's
Since we have migrated to Exchange 2003 and removed our Exchange 5.5 server we have been getting NDR messages such as: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Again Sent: 4/9/2004 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: thinkfastest@earthlink.net on 4/9/2004 2:06 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <hera01.dewittstern.com #5.5.0 smtp;550- EarthLink does not recognize your computer (63.239.42.66) ...

Enumerating controls inside Dialog Box
I need to enumerate the controls inside the dialog box in ascending order. What are the steps required for that to accomplish? Some controls are placed inside the dialog box in runtime also. So is it possible to enumerate the controls in a fixed order? Any direct functionality available to do so? Thanks In Advance! >I need to enumerate the controls inside the dialog box in ascending order. >What are the steps required for that to accomplish? Some controls are placed >inside the dialog box in runtime also. So is it possible to enumerate the >controls in a fixed order? Any...

Sent messages in Outbox
When I send a message in Outlook 2000, a copy is sent to the Outbox folder rather than the Sent folder. The message indeed was transmitted, but the retained copy is stuck in the Outbox. The word "None" shows in the Sent column, supposedly because the message is not recognized as having been sent. In Tools|Options, "Save messages in Sent folder" is selected. Now I have scores of sent messages in the Outbox folder. I cannot move them to the Sent folder, though they can be moved to email folders of correspondents. They can be deleted. I have gone to Help|Detect and Repa...

open a message box if a query is null during an autoexec macro
Hope someone can help with this. I have a query that runs using an AutoExec macro when the database opens. What I want is for a message box to open instead of the query results window, telling me if the query produced any records. I can do this easily enough through a command button on a form, but cant figure out how to do it through an autoexec macro at startup. Any suggestions? You need to have your Autoexec macro run a VB function (macro action RunCode)that executes the query and captures the count of records retrieved. Dim strSQL as string Dim k as integer Dim rs a...

OWA new message and reply message issues
The message box in bothe the new message windows and the reply windows do not load. I beleive this is probly just a security issue with IE, but it seems to work on other pc's with the same preferences. Has anyone else seen this. It only happens on a few pc's. Thanks, Howard ...

Completely empty/blank messages stopping Outlook
We are running Exchange 2003, and clients are accessing via Outlook and POP3. Occasionally, completely empty messages (no sender, no message, no body) will appear in mailboxes, and Outlook will choke. We must then go into OWA, which clearly shows the message to be completely empty, and delete the message before Outlook can receive again. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a fix/work-around? The message Outlook produces at that point is as follows: ---------- Task '(email account name) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was...

My Message Icon Disappeared (.msg)
I have a couple of emails I've copied to the desktop. They had an envelope icon clearly identifying them as email messages. Now they're just plain white boxes, though their extension is still .msg, and they open fine. It's Outlook 2007 on Vista, and their properties don't have the option to Change Icon. I looked in the Registry under .msg, but I'm not sure what should be there. Any help on how to get the icon back? ...

Error message in CRM

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

message importance setting
How do I change the importance setting for one message only? It's very easy with express, but our office is no longer using it. So far, all I can find is how to change ALL of the messages to priority. Thanks, Karla When you're editing the message click the Red Exclamation point or Blue Down Arrow that's on the standard toolbar. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post que...

Outlook Express 6 will not open from desktop icon
When I click on the desktop icon for Microsoft Outlook Express 6, it will not open, and the Microsoft error box is displayed on the desktop, which reads "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe is not a valid win 32 application". I had begun to trim my files prior to the latest error message, as I was having some difficulty opening the Inbox periodically, probably due to low memory and/or disk space, as indicated on screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 & Internet Tools, but the situation remains unchanged. It would appear to ...

Send/Receive Progress dialog box appears
The Outlook Send/Receive Progress dialog box appears every time during a send/receive, even if you have selected the Don't show this dialog box during Send/Receive option. Any ideas, besides the answer from their knowledgebase? Thanks! ...

IE message: other content blocked
Hi, Sometimes I get a message from IE 8: "Pop-up is blocked. Also, to help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked other content from this site." Does anyone know how to find out what this "other content" is? Failing that, does anyone know, in general terms, what general type of "content" it might be? What sort of website behaviour would trigger the message? Thanks! Please stick with your original thread. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Matt wrote: > Hi, > > Sometimes I get a message from IE 8: > > &...

New Outlook Alert Message
This weekend I installed Office XP sp3 to all systems on our network. Two of the systems have developed a strange symptom. When starting to compose (and perhaps read) a new email, Outlook gives the following alert: A program is tryhing to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If I disable the option to use Microsoft Word as the email editor, the alert goes away. If I reenable it, the alert comes back. The problem is, this is happening on 2 or 3 systems out of 25 or so which are all setup the same way. It is obviously a new feature of one...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Warning message
Hello. I am trying to personalize my Outlook to avoid sending useless e-mails. For instance, since I have no knowledge of Visual Basic, I have found on the web the following script to avoid sending e-mails with no subject: Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim strSubject As String strSubject = Item.Subject If Len(strSubject) = 0 Then Prompt$ = "Subject not present, continue?" If MsgBox(Prompt$, vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbMsgBoxSetForeground, "Check for Subject") = vbNo Then Cancel = True End If End If End Sub It wo...

Deleting messages in Outlook XP
I've recently began using Office XP. When I try to delete messages a line shows through the message, but the message stayes in my Inbox. How can I delete such messages as done in the previous verson of Outlook? Sounds like you are using an IMAP account and this is what happens when you a delete a message, you need to use the Purge command from the Edit Menu to permanently delete the message and remove it from the store. "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E511D7F2-6C47-4610-A4DA-11EE65E77044@microsoft.com... > I've recently began usi...

Convert Activity
Hi, Does anybody know if it's possible to edit the dialog boxes that pop up when you convert an activity to a case or an opportunity? I would like to map across extra fields from the activity to the converted entity. Thanks Bob On Jan 16, 12:43=A0pm, Bob <rob.clo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Does anybody know if it's possible to edit the dialog boxes that pop > up when you convert an activity to a case or an opportunity? I would > like to map across extra fields from the activity to the converted > entity. > > Thanks > > Bob It's not possi...

Same message downloaded
I have setup my outlook 2003 to use POP3 server, when i connect i download all message and log off. when i connect again i get the same messages again. I do not have the check mark set to keep the meassage on the server. any ideas. Thak you ...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...