Turning an image the other way in Publisher 2010 ?

There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue.
I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for
example - any help ?
0
plk.philk (2)

"Phil" <plk.philk@gmail.com> wrote in message
> There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue.
> I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for
> example - any help ?

With the resize handles showing press and hold the shift key while grabbing
one corner resize handle handle with the mouse cursor.  Move the mouse,
right or left to flip it to the right or left.  If you don't hold the shift
key you may resize it but holding the shift key keeps it the original size.

Let us know if this helps.

0
none6506 (74)
11/3/2010 9:18:25 PM
The rotate tool is on the Picture tools (Arrange) tab right of the Align. It is
an icon.

Mary
"LVTravel"  wrote in message news:iasjiu$bdm$1@news.eternal-september.org...

"Phil" <plk.philk@gmail.com> wrote in message
> There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue.
> I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for example -
> any help ?

With the resize handles showing press and hold the shift key while grabbing
one corner resize handle handle with the mouse cursor.  Move the mouse,
right or left to flip it to the right or left.  If you don't hold the shift
key you may resize it but holding the shift key keeps it the original size.

Let us know if this helps.

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

opening image files
I have recently uninstalled Photoshop CS3 and installed CS4. Previously when I double clicked on an image file it opened in CS3. When I do it now it does not open in CS4 stating that it is not a valid windows 32 application. Jpg and Jpeg files are associated with CS4 in the Windows Explorer file option menu. I can drag files to the photoshop desktop shortcut and they open. There is no also difficulty opening these files once Photoshop CS4 is open. Why can I not double click to open them? Martin Waddell wrote: > I have recently uninstalled Photoshop CS3 and installed ...

Visual Studio 2010
Hi all, I have a table in the source view of an aspx. When i save the aspx, visual studio immediately marks it all as changed and has removed all occurances of colspan from my td tags. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers -- D I have the exact same problem - why does this happen and how can you turn it off? "dp@nowhere.com" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table in the source view of an aspx. When i save the aspx, > visual studio immediately marks it all as changed and has removed all > occurances of colspan from my td tags. Anyone got any ideas? >...

Publisher #66
I am trying to build a website in Publisher 2003. I wnat to require people to register at the website when they want to access some of the information. How do I add the form and the link? -- Socksman Look to your web host for how to create password protected directories or folders. The process varies, but is usually described in the support section or the FAQs. Then upload the content that you want password protected to those subfolders. To create a registration form see: Publisher web publication forms 101: http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And if yo...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Two server updates won't install
The following updates fail every time I attempt to install them. KB967723 - security update for windows server 2008 x64 KB972455 - Windows server update services 3.0 sp2 for x64-based systems Is there a way of removing them from the updates list to stop the prompts to install them (the windows update balloon)?? BadBoy House wrote: > The following updates fail every time I attempt to install them. > > KB967723 - security update for windows server 2008 x64 > KB972455 - Windows server update services 3.0 sp2 for x64-based > systems > > > Is there a w...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

import text in publisher
I am trying to import a Word 2000 table into Publisher 98 file using paste link so that the file is updatable. I get the message: an error occurred while attempting to import text. Putlisher is unable to successfully import the text. Can anyone help? Instead of importing the text, have you tried doing a copy and paste? (I don't have Pub 98 otherwise I'd try it myself before suggesting this.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "blantyreson" <blantyreson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69F04988-EA82-4863-B6D7-D1B94B0FA326@microsoft.com...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

Replace image
I seem to be suffering real problems here - sorry to post so often. I need to produce a template with image placeholders on some pages. I had no problem in Publisher 2000 or in 2003 but a client is using 2002 which appears to work differently. I do not appear to be able to create a BLANK image placeholder using 2002. In an attempt to work around I created an image of the requisite size (529 x 358 pixels )and put that in position. My hope was that I could then use the REPLACE image option (right click on image) but I find that the new image (which is the same size in pixels) appears on the page...

Any way to see members of a public list using OWA, plus other snags?
Hello, We're using OWA 2003 as a short-term stop-gap solution for a few hundred users until we get the Outlook client rolled out. It's working fairly well but there are a few snags... - Anyone know if it's possible for an OWA user to see the members of a public distribution list? - Less seriously, is there a control-sequence to insert tabs into a message? Tried all the obvious ones! - IE doesn't allow users open even TXT files without saving them first, as if they were Level 2 attachments. How do we stop that behaviour? - Is the date format which the users can select in OW...

How do I rearrange pages in Publishing Layout?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to rearrange my pages in a 12 page newsletter and I can't for the life of me figure out how to move them around so they are in a different order. Anyone? Let me answer this "generally" so you understand the concept: Unlike Page Layout programs, Word is a word-processor. That means there is no concept of "pages" stored in the document file. Word "invents" pages when it displays or prints the document. So the generic answer to your question is "move the con...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

create school address book in publisher using mail merge
Want to create address book for school using mail merge (names/addresses in excel). How do I get more than one address on a page? So far, have only been able to get one name/address per page. Want 10 or more per page. Have you tried actually printing your list or just did you just look at the Print Preview? There's a quirk in Publisher that PP shows all of a single name but prints all of the entries. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "JaneZ" <JaneZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49E20A0D-9148-4F0B-BFB7-4CC0DDB3C7F2@microsoft.com... ...

Sending a captured .dib file to an image box without storing it
I want to use a command button, say "cmdDisplayImage" to display/ transfer a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control to an image or OLE box on the same form such as "PhotoPreview" (not sure which one is possible/best...perhaps someone can help me...I'm new at this.) I really don't want to "save" it first. Then, I want another command button such as "cmdSaveImage" to save the file to a folder (such as \\Server\Database\Images when the user clicks another command button when they have the image they want in the "PhotoPreview" box. R...

Project Pro 2010 with Project Server 2007
I recently upgraded to Project Pro 2010. However, the Project Server is running 2007. I can open local project files fine, but when I try to open a project on the server I receive this error. "No permissions to read Project Server Enterprise Global file". Is Project Pro 2010 compatible with Project Server 2007? If so, how do I resolve this error? Thanks. -- Rick AFAIK Project Pro 2010 is not compatible with Project Server 2007. On the other hand, Project Pro 2007 is compatible with Project Server 2010 running in Backwards Compatibility Mode (BCM). - A...

Publisher 2003 doc saved as html, how do I force new window to ope
I have a 6 page web site. I want to force one or more pages to open in a new window when their hypertext link is clicked. I know this is easily done using FrontPage but I don't have FrontPage. Is there a method to do same by editing the HTML generated by Publisher? Check out the FAQs at http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 DavidF "jgreek @ library" <jgreek @ library@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBDA02C2-7328-4FEA-8C79-4C867EAB9624@microsoft.com... > I have a 6 page web site. I want to force one or more pages to open in a new >...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

Publisher identification
I am having trouble installing office (or anything else) in Windows 7. when I downloaded the file, windows does nto recogize the publisher and therefore, will not allow the install wizard to run successfully. Any ideas? I assume I have to change something in the Windows security setting but what and how? thanks Dan Download means? from some internet site or some cd? Are you logged on to win7 with a limited user account? Your question should be posed to a win7 group; http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/threads "Dan" <Dan@discussions....

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

Capturing a screen image
I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and labs where my students use Excel XP. I would like to be able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't work any more. How can I print the entire screen image in my document? Thanks, Evelyn Depending on what you want, hit printscreen button or the printscreen button in combination with Ctrl or Shift. then go to your application, such as word or excel and do edit => Paste. This should give a bitmap picture of the part of the screen you captured. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Evelyn <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote i...

8 page newsletter in publisher
I can't use page content option to layout inserted pages in my 8-page newsletter. What can I do to make other pages layout like pages 1 or 2? What version Publisher are you using? When you use the Insert menu to add pages do you get a pre-defined layout option? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Belinda" <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6ABFCC2-65BD-4377-86B7-BE4202E66BDD@microsoft.com... >I can't use page content option to layout inserted pages in my 8-page > ...