trying to open old publisher files in Publisher 2003

I have old files from Windows version of publisher that I am grying to open
up in Publisher 2003 Windows XP

Anything below Publisher 95 will not open in 2003, all other versions will. Do
you have Norton?

How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Pat's problem" <Patsproblem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have old files from Windows version of publisher that I am grying to open
> up in Publisher 2003 Windows XP

0
mary-sauer (6480)

How to change default 'Files of Type' to open only .pub files
Is there a setting in the registry or elsewhere so that when I File-Open I only get .pub files & not have it default to Files of Type "All Publisher Files"? It takes a long time for it to find all the files with various extensions. PUB files are all I want. -- T.G. Lambini Create a folder in My Documents, name it Publisher or whatever, Open options in Publisher, general tab, click the publication line, click modify... browse to the folder where you want Publisher documents to go. Drag all your Publisher documents to this folder. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

Excel 2000/2003 conflict
Whenever I try to open excel files created using 2000, 2003 gives me errors on simple formulas. For example, a SUM formula is marked as an error and displays a wrong number, when I go up to the formula bar and hit enter without changing the conents it recalculates to the right answer. There is many more errors such as "inconsistent formula" or "lost visual basic project" which doesn't allow a 2000 file open without repair. Is there anything I can download to fix all of this together or will I have to fix them all by hand? Does this have to do anything with the differen...

saving pub file as .htm or .html
I just reformatted my hard drive and re-loaded Office 2003. Previously before uploading to my host server I saved my file as htm or html file--now there doesnt seem to be that option in the "save as type" file...am I missing something, do I need to install an update or an extra or did I reload the wrong version of Office/Publisher? (I thought I had 2003 previously) thanks in advance Select File, Save as a website. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "segsig" <segsig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32A9EBC2-2AE6-4529-9E21-83E71789C37E@m...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Calendar control in Word 2003
I'm making a form which uses the calendar control 11.0 in Word 2003. I've managed to do so using: www. fontstuff.com/word/wordtut03a.htm This works fine on my form. However, the form is to be used at work, on a network (some staff use Citrix, some use PC's). I had to install the calendar control on my PC as described in the link. Only when I am logged on is the calendar useable- I'm assuming other users may have to have it installed, but the trouble is that we are a small department withing a large sector, so, is there any way around this as I doubt my chances at getting the c...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

Can't move an email message that's already been moved: OL 2003
[Got no respone to my orginal post on this - am I the only that has this problem?] After I've read some mail in my Inbox, I'll move it to one of the personal folders I've set up. Being *extremely* fallible, I sometimes move it to the wrong folder. When I discover such an error, I'd like to move it from the incorrect location to the correct one. When I attempt the move, it whines that it cannot do the move because the item has already been moved or deleted. I *know* that - I just want to move it again! Why is Outlook treating me so shabbily, and what can I do to move stuf...

How do I... On opening file from hard disk, open a form
Hello, Microsoft Access 2003. I would like my Main Menu form to open when a user opens my database. So far I am in no way networked or web based, I'll probably get there but right now I have a file (Inventoryv4.mdb) that resides on the user's hard drive. when she opens this file, I would like my main menu form to open, instead of her having to go through the little task pane and dbl clk on frm_MAINMENU. How might one do this? ***Note: I need the task pane with all the tables queries, forms etc to still be there, just in the background, preferably minimized, and the main men...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking 2003
I just upgraded to Excel 2003 from 2000. The Template Wizard with Data Tracking is not included on the disk and I can find no where to download it. I have a major program that uses this function. I can download the 2002 version, which I was told would work, but I cannot load it into Excel. Does anyone where I can get this wizard or where the 2002 version goes when I click on the TMPLWZ.exe file ?????????? HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Very strange issue with Exchange 2003 sp1
Hello I recently got called to clietns site to fix some AD issues. To make a long story short, one of the DC in the domain had just been turned off, this DC had all 5 FSMO roles on it. There are 2 more DC in the domain, but the dont have any of the FSMO roles. This company alos runs exchaneg 2003 sp1. I was able to seize the roles to one of the live DC but for the life of me i cant understand how exchange 2003 was able to fucntion without being able to fidn a DC with the FSMO roles? The DC in question has been off line for over a year, but the client hasnt had any issue with Exhchange...

old files seen with new version?
I need to know if i have money 99 in french-canada, does my files will be recognised with a version more recent of money (french-Canada, like 2003 or 2004)? They should be but I'm very hesitant to give you answer as localized versions of Money **never** cross to other locales and I don't know much about Canadian vs. French Canadian versions. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1daf01c445bf$5c699570$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > I need to know if i have money 99 in french-canada, does > my files will be recognised with a version more recent of > money ...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

RE: updating Publisher
HI We recently upgraded our old faithfully computer, part of the upgrade includes Windows office XP (unfortunately the version we have has not got Publisher on it. Previously along the way I had updated to MS office Premium 2000-this has Publisher 2000 as part of the program. Hence I recently custom installed this after installing the XP (as a temporary measure) I am curently studying Publisher at School-they are using P 2002. I admit I am finding things a little different. I would like to ask if anyone knows whether Microsoft has updates available to download so that I can alig...

owa cant open ppt attachments

excel 2003(SP3)
Hello I have 2 workbooks opened, with a workbook_deactivate sub defined When I ask to close (red cross), the save window appears and i click to 'Yes to all', but the workbooks stay opened, and not saved! the problem is not on my code, because if i have a sub like that: Sub Workbook_deactivate() msgbox "hello" end sub the problem is still here. And if i remove completely this sub, it works fine(workbooks saved and closed! It can be tested very easily. Create 2 workbooks with the workbook_deactivate like here, then modify any data in sheets of the two workbooks, then clic...

Opening other peoples mailbox
I have exchange 2000 and exchange 2003. When I move a mailbox to exchange 2003, I no longer can open that particulare mailbox in outlook. I am an administrator in exchage, and in exchage 2000, I could add a persons mailbox to my folder list and view all of their folders. The error I get in outlook is "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook could not access the specified folder location." I also have noticed when I go into E-mail accounts in outlook 2003, on the Advanced Tab under "open these additional mailboxes", the mailboxes on Exchange 200...

Accessing pst file: administrator permission
I've been trying to access a pst file I saved to disk, but when I try to uncheck the 'Read only' box in file properties (which I presume is what's stopping me accessing the file), I keep getting the message: 'You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes'. Any ideas of how I do this? Thanks Apparently your Windows Vista/7 workstation doesn't see you logged on with local administrator rights and/or you don't have full access rights to the file in question. Are you logging on with local administrator rights? &qu...

Publisher 2002 on Win98
Dear all, Situation: Upgrade of Publisher to 2002 on Windows 98 (to take advantage of compression etc). Save Publisher files (doesn't matter what format) on another machine which uses Windows XP with Publisher 2002. Note: the two machines are different operating systems only. Open files on Windows 98 with Publisher 2002. It takes a little while and then crashes asking me if I want to restart. The safe mode option doesn't help. The details are quite long (and I cannot select them anyway). But The main error message displays: AppName: mspub.exe AppVer: 10.0.4128.0 ModName:mso.d...

OL2002 won't open when clicking on web links
I have WinXP home ed., Office XP small bus. ed., with outlook 2002. It was working fine but now when I click on a link on a web page I get a message saying "cannot open microsoft outlook. can't create item." I tried reinstalling officeXP and also went into file associations and made sure the URLmailto was associated with outlook. In IE 6.0 it does show outlook as being the default mail client. Email me if you can help! Thanks! ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

When Outlook 2003 Opens...Word Opens
Hi, Every time I open Outlook 2003 on my XP Pro machine it also opens Microsoft Word...and a tray icon says "outlook is synchronizing folders". How do I stop Word from launching? Thanks in advance, Paul Don't set Word as your e-mail editor in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Paul Reed" <prreed@jacksonreed.com> wrote in message news:ugty1In9EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

Exchange Server 2003 Front-End Back-End Deployment
Hi guys, I am in the process of plannig a new Exchange 2003 Server Rollout. This is a new organisation without anything in place currently. Thus far I have concluded I will need: 2 Windows Server 2003 Standard, ISA 2006 Servers in DMZ filtering POP3, IMAP and SMTP with Network Load Balancing for Fault Tollerance 2 Windows Server 2003 Standard, Exchange 2003 Standard Front - End Servers in LAN with Network Load Balancing for Fault Tollerance 2 Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Exchnage 2003 Enterprise Back - End Servers in LAN I am unsure how to deploy the back end servers for fault tollera...