Trouble Printing To a Phaser 8550 in Pub 2007

Just upgraded from 2003 to 2007, and now I am unable to print both pages of a
publisher document. Page 1 prints fine. Page 2's title prints fine also. But
where there is an embedded excel spreadsheet now prints as a black box. I
have printed the document on another printer (inkjet) without a problem, so
this does appear to be specific to the Xerox Phaser 8550.

Please help.
0
SpikeDDS (1)

SpikeDDS wrote:
> Just upgraded from 2003 to 2007, and now I am unable to print both pages of a
> publisher document. Page 1 prints fine. Page 2's title prints fine also. But
> where there is an embedded excel spreadsheet now prints as a black box. I
> have printed the document on another printer (inkjet) without a problem, so
> this does appear to be specific to the Xerox Phaser 8550.

Have you tried updating your printer drivers for the Phaser to the
latest version?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Printing #8
Is there a way to print a register for a specified time period? Thanks, Len Urban In microsoft.public.money, Len Urban wrote: >Is there a way to print a register for a specified time period? > No, but you can accomplish most of that. You can customize a report to a date range and print that. You can File->Print to a "printer" that really produces a PDF file and print whichever pages you want from that. CutePDF and PDF995 are two that offer that capability free. Thanks, I'll try that. Len "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

2008 Excel Print Preview
I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is specific to my install or it is hidden In article <ee8d6ae.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, done@officeformac.com wrote: > I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is > specific to my install or it is hidden Neither. Since all actual print operations are done via the OS, the separate Print Preview function has been removed from XL08. You can generally use Print Layout view to get an good idea of what the printed page will look. Otherwise, choosing File/Print and clic...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

Print multiple notes per page without slide images
Using PowerPoint 2007, is there a way to print multiple notes per page without the slide image? I know I can go to View | Notes Page and manually delete all of the thumbnails, but that still leaves only one slide's notes per page. I'd rather something like this: Slide #1 My notes about this slide. Slide #2 My notes about this slide. Etc. This would save lots of paper, as I have about 100 slides. I could manually copy and paste the notes into Word (100 times), but then I'd have to maintain the notes in two places if I make changes. I see reference to a Send to ...

New word docs open randomly when I print or save existing doc

PO Printing Problem (sorting)
We recently upgraded to RMS 1.3 from 1.2. When printing a purchase order, I prefer to have the PO sorted by Order No. rather than lookup code (usually a worthless barcode). This makes it vastly easier for my distributors to input these. However, since the upgrade, when I hit print, RMS re-sorts the PO by lookup code. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Under General Options there's a "Don't Remember List Sorts" check box, but this doesn't effect the problem. Thanks! Gary Ray Black Diamond Games Concord, CA gray(at)blackdiamondgames. com This is a multi-part m...

How to see unapproved Tasks in Project Web Access 2007
I've see the 2003 instructions, but I'm not finding the 2007 answer so I'll ask .... I am an administrator in a Project Server 2007 environment. I have multiple approving managers world-wide. I'd like a way to see task updates, submitted by their team members, but are not yet approved. Is there a way in 2007? On Jan 22, 9:14=A0am, Randy Schmid <RandySch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've see the 2003 instructions, but I'm not finding the 2007 answer so I'= ll > ask .... > I am an administrator in a Project Server 2007 environ...

Money 2007 Online Update Payee incorrect
Help is needed. I have everything setup correctly to pull down the transactions from my bank, which works fine. The problem is how Money 2007 associates with the Payee. Please see the example: This is what I get for most of my Pay to: DEBIT CARD PURCHASE MERCHANT PUR, but in the Memo I get DEBIT CARD PURCHASE MERCHANT PURCHASE TERMINAL 55547516 PAPA JOHNS 718 NOTTINGHA MD. What I need is the "PAPA JOHNS" as the Pay to: If I continue with "DEBIT CARD PURCHASE MERCHANT PUR" I don't get the correct categories as I need because every transaction matched "...

Print reports
How can I set up a report to print 2 reports per page, i.e. report for first record is printed on the top half of the page, report for second record prints on the bottom half, third on top & forth on bottom, etc. The format for each report is the same. "Pastor Del" <PastorDel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How can I set up a report to print 2 reports per page, > i.e. report for first record is printed on the top half of > the page, report for second record prints on the bottom > half, third on top & forth on bottom, etc. The format ...

Printed product is not as in print preview.
I designed a 6x4 card using gthe photo tray and photo paper. When I use the print setup page I see the correct preview. But when I print or select print preview from the main tool bar I get 2 pages and my project split. I cannot see to force a wysiwyg type print. I assume you are using Publisher 2007. When you are finished creating your publication... File, Print, On this screen re-setup your publication and printer, there is a print preview on this screen, it should preview correctly and print correctly. Have you tried using one of the Avery US Letter templates? -- Mary Sauer MSFT M...

Printing a Report on a command button
Hello all, I am needing some help with a piece of code I have. The code prints a report on a printer that is not the default printer set on the PC. The issue I have is the database window is hidden and when they click the button to run this code is appears. How do I get it to not appear? Set Application.Printer = Application.Printers("DOWNSTAIRS BIZ HUB") DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "rptEntry", True DoCmd.PrintOut Set Application.Printer = Nothing Thanks in Advance, Aaron Try this: Set Application.Printer = Application.Printers(...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

Copy a 2007 Word table into Excel
What is the most efficient way of copying a 2007 Word Table into excel? Excel 2007 seems to handle this differently than it did before. -- Thanks for the help More detail would help. What's happening when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "tinks" <tinks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998D16BE-4E16-4B4E-B428-ACA930976BE8@microsoft.com... > What is the most efficient way of copying a 2007 Word Table into excel? > Excel 2007 seems to handle this d...

Printing a Year-End Report Again #2
I was closing the Receivables Management for the year and I accidentally closed the Receivables Year-End report without printing it. How could I open this report again? I would like to print and save this report but I am already done closing the year. I am using Dynamics version 7.0. ...

Importing 2003 pst into 2007
I backed up my previous outlook before doing a clean install of Vista & Office 2007 however Outlook will not import my file. Going to the online help mentions a backup utility however this will only work with XP or later but not 2007 Help (have too many saved e-mails with usernames & passwords) Stephen Wray In news:MImdnV7uS9DlHg3ZnZ2dnUVZ8qadnZ2d@bt.com, Stephen Wray <stephen_wray@hotmail.com> typed: > I backed up my previous outlook before doing a clean install of Vista > & Office 2007 however Outlook will not import my file. Going to the > online help ment...

SBS 2008, Exchange 2007
Hi All, I dont have massses amount of time to try and investigate this and already have spent time doing this. I will outline what I am trying to achieve. The server is SBS 2008. the client has one domain name: exampledomain1.co.uk and the second domain name: exampledomain2.co.uk The server was originally setup to receive for exampledomain1.co.uk. the client recently purchased exampledomain2.co.uk we had no prior knowledge this additonal domain was going to be purchased at time of SBS 2008 Install. They layout of what I would like to achieve: most users will have there ...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

How do I print 2 copies of a Publisher document on an A4 sheet
Can anyone help please? Using Publisher Xp forming part of Office Xp. Setup your printer for A4, in page layout select custom, landscape, type 14.8cm width, 20.997cm height. The dialogue should say "Prints two copies per sheet." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wombat" <Wombat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB398094-C64A-4642-AEED-E686513932D5@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help please? Using Publisher Xp forming part of Office Xp. ...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

Picture Manager Printing Problems
I recently upgrade my computer and am now running Win7 with Office 2007. Whenn I try to use picture manager to print pictures to my HP Deskjet 895cse, the pictures look washed out and there are white lines that run across the entire picture. When I print the same photo through other programs (including to an XPS file and then printing the XPS file), the picture prints correctly. Can someone tell me how to fix picture manager so that I can print directly from Picture Manager to my deskjet 895cse? Sorry, Picture Manager doesn't support printing. It hands printing off to ...

Microsoft Office 2007 update
My computer has been trying, and failing, to update Office 2007. I get error code 57A when installing KB936960 and KB932080 (I use Windows Vista). I am not a tech and the few references to this code I find on the net are useless. What should I do? Suggest you stop trying for a while. MS is working this error as many are starting to get it. Search Google for status updates, I'm sure it will be resolved in the near future. "Lisa" <lhawkins68@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1A788494-2765-4DAB-9C8E-702F7E116155@microsoft.com... > My computer has been trying,...

trouble
I have been using my MS Publisher 2000 for over 3 years. Just recently I attempted to access the Publisher program and got the following message: "This application must be installed to run. Please run setup fom the location where you originally installed the application." I have done everything I know to fix this including uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I don't understand what happened overnight nor do I understand the instruction "run from the location you originally installed the program". I can not access the numerous publicaions that I have cr...