Transparncy/ featheringing/ blending of picture edges

Could anyone advise how I can make the edges of inserted photos, using
Publisher 2003, transparent/ or blend into background
Hlp would be appreciated as I could do this when using Picture It
Robrt

Robert Schulte wrote:
> Could anyone advise how I can make the edges of inserted photos, using
> Publisher 2003, transparent/ or blend into background
> Hlp would be appreciated as I could do this when using Picture It
> Robrt
Picture It! was image editing software...Publisher is not.

If you no longer have Picture It!...you could download the
60 day trial version of Digital Image 2006 (the successor
to Picture It!)...and use it.

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
   or...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7C3B3DED-A15F-48C5-B724-7796FE8C151E&displaylang=en
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
download the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie1 (130)

pictures of
picture pictures of 'pictures of peace signs' (http://www.pictures-of-pink-2011.info) picture picture of -- raismisuaween ...

Windows XP, shrink pictures, no option box
Running Windows XP, Outlook Express default mail. I no longer have the option box "send pictures via e.mail" which would allow me to shrink pictures before emailing. Have been using it for 3 years but it just disappeared. THANKS. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006D_01CB01AA.7F8E4750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Wanda, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup...

Water mark / Wash out pictures
I'm using Outlook 2002, and I can't remember how I turned one of my photos into a watermarked background to use as stationery. I'm able to Format Background and Select Picture, but then the picture is inserted multiple times instead of one, and I can't find the tools to wash out the picture. I've printed out the HELP on this, and it says that there's an option to "click Printed Watermark" but this is greyed out and not presenting itself as an option. I know I've created watermarks before, and I know it can be done through one of my Microsoft pr...

Possible to ALPHA-BLEND window FRAME?
Is it possible to only alpha-blend portions of a window? for example, just the frame? Normally with SetLayeredWindowAttributes() the whole window has a constant alpha value, not very useful. UpdateLayeredWindow() supports per pixel alpha-blending, but that function too is not very useful for top level windows with child controls, as you would need to re-direct all the painting to an offscreen DC which is not very practical since you would have to re-write large portions of code and for some controls, I dont have the code obviously, so its not even possible. WindowsBlinds seems to be ab...

no pictures in body of email
I am using XP pro and Outlook 2003. I am unable to receive attachments that open in the body of the email. Is there a setting that will allow me to do so? I should also add that I am only referring to .jpeg and .gif files. "Bruce & Marg" <bridger61@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:ekF1JLlaGHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... I am using XP pro and Outlook 2003. I am unable to receive attachments that open in the body of the email. Is there a setting that will allow me to do so? Bruce & Marg <bridger61@sympatico.ca> wrote: > I am using XP pro and...

Microsoft Publlisher 2002 was loaded on my computer. It comes with 2 other disks - Publisher Deluxe Media Content and Microsoft Office XP Media Content. Whenever I need something, like a clip-art, I have to keep putting in the CD and taking it out. Is there some way I can just download these two disks into my computer to avoid this nusance? Whoever you are that answers - GOD BLESS YOU!! Insert the Media Disk, in my computer, right-click the CD icon, explore, double-click the setup. Or start, run, browse to setup. Or insert the Publisher disk and choose run all from my computer. -- ...

enlarge a picture
I have an a4 size picture of a dog. What i am wanting to do is enlarge that picture as i want to put it up the back of my classroomn for the new year. I somehow want to get the picture and put it on a number of a4 pieces of paper. Then print them out and join it up like a big jigsaw puzzle. It needs to be bigger than A3. With the file open and dog pix is showing, in Pub 2000 you would go to File, Page setup and change the page size to the size poster you want. Then looking at the pix, drag the picture corner out to the new size; same with opposite pix corner. Save and print. -- Do...

Transparncy/ featheringing/ blending of picture edges
Could anyone advise how I can make the edges of inserted photos, using Publisher 2003, transparent/ or blend into background Hlp would be appreciated as I could do this when using Picture It Robrt Robert Schulte wrote: > Could anyone advise how I can make the edges of inserted photos, using > Publisher 2003, transparent/ or blend into background > Hlp would be appreciated as I could do this when using Picture It > Robrt ========================================== Picture It! was image editing software...Publisher is not. If you no longer have Picture It!...you could download the...

No "Download Pictures" option in context menu
Hi, I am sending a newsletter to subscribers and the header graphic is causing some trouble for clients with Outlook. Outlook is, of course, blocking the image and the warning message appears with the option to download the images. Clicking it works just fine, downloading and displaying the images. What is strangely absent is the same option on the placeholder context menu. The only options are "Copy" and the various hyperlink options, but no option to view images. Although this seems like a simple issue with an easy work-around, I'm afraid it's causing quite a bit...

Ghost picture frames
I occasionally loose track of superfluous empty picture frames and they end up hidden behind something more opaque. Is there some straight forward way of hunting down these "ghosts" ? -- Maggie Hi Maggie (pagebooks@cinci.rr.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I occasionally loose track of superfluous empty picture frames and || they end up hidden behind something more opaque. Is there some || straight forward way of hunting down these "ghosts" ? You could try running the Design Checker. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publish...

create email newsletter with pictures and hyperlinks using publis
I want to create an email newsletter in publisher that will contain pictures and hyperlinks. Basically, I can do this right in my yahoo email but I can't get the fancy formats like those in publisher. What type of file should I save it as and then how do link it to the email. I've tried doing this several ways including saving it as a webpage or jpg file, publishing the page, and then copying it to the email text --- but that didn't work. What am I doing wrong here? "John Downing" <JohnDowning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49470DF6-A4...

email with picture in body
Hello Community, when i send email with pictures in body to a queue in crm, there is only shown a red X as a placeholder for the picture. thomas On Jun 7, 3:19 pm, "Mark Spoonman" <spoonmancomp...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello Community, > > when i send email with pictures in body to a queue in crm, there is only > shown a red X as a placeholder for the picture. > > thomas Look here for some help with this common question: http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com/2005/03/end-user-how-to-creating-html-email.html Brian Begley CPA MCSE http://mscrmspot.blogspot.com Cho...

How do I blend a picture?
I would like to wash out a photo but it is still square. How can I blend a photo in to the back round of a document? Use a photo editing program. "Stevei G." <Stevei G.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A169395D-9B7D-4C80-BE6E-7FE096B3CA24@microsoft.com... >I would like to wash out a photo but it is still square. How can I blend a > photo in to > the back round of a document? Draw a circle, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your picture, use the wash out tool, no line. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer...

Pictures in report
I want to create a report which has pictures along with text for the individuals in the data base. I have the picture paths in the data base. Dow do I create a report so that the pictures themselves will be included? On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:47:34 GMT, news2@rgcle.com wrote: > I want to create a report which has pictures along with text for the > individuals in the data base. I have the picture paths in the data base. > > Dow do I create a report so that the pictures themselves will be included? Add an Image control to the report. After you add the control delete the control&#...

Combine 2 Series into a Blend
Hi, I have what seems like a trivial problem that is giving me countless difficulties. Here is my situation: I have 2 sets of XY data which each have different X values. I would like to create a 3rd set of data that is a combination of the 2 sets of data. These could be represented as X1Y1, X2Y2, & X3Y3. To explain better, the first two sets of data, when plotted, look like your typical bell curves. The 3rd curve that I'm trying to produce should be a blend that I can assign a weight to (i.e. 40% of the 1st set, and 60% of the 2nd set). I'm assuming additive properties betw...

How can I select/delete multiple pictures
I just discovered some of my spreadsheets have hundreds of pictures in them. Most are just a pixel at a cell intersection. I figured out where they originated and will prevent more from showing up, but I am stuck with around 400 pictures in this spreadsheet. How can I select all pictures and delete? I do not have any pictures that should be in this sheet. I have trouble even seeing these things, let alone selecting and deleting several hundred of them one at a time. Thanks in advance. Jim T Can you remove all the pictures? If yes... Open the workbook select that worksheet hit alt...

digital pictures editing
how do I change a digital picture size from 640x420 to 300x300 pixels In a Photo editing application. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "oko" <oko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C9C1AEE-3730-430B-BDFB-F90250C1F54A@microsoft.com... > how do I change a digital picture size from 640x420 to 300x300 pixels oko wrote: > how do I change a digital picture size from 640x420 to > 300x300 pixels =================================== Try using the freeware IrfanView. First, you will have t...

How do I get a washed out picture showing behind the text
I am using publisher 2003 and I am trying to design a calendar. I would like a washed out picture showing under the calender template, can anyone help? Go to the Master page, Ctrl+m, insert your picture, select color on the toolbar (looks like a bar chart), select wash out. If you are using a calendar wizard you will have to give your text boxes no fill. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MaryB" <MaryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1864E3B8-985E-44B6-823C-F98A45F54A6D@microsoft.co...

BLENDING COLORS IN PUBLISHER
I don't know if this is possible. I have several clip art pieces I have imported into publisher. I have been able to make one of them my background. And I have several of the same image lined up to create a panorama. But I want to be able to blend colors from one area to another. I have done something like this in photoshop where you can select a color and apply it in the adjacent area. How can I do this in publisher. If I can't in publisher, can I use another program to do that? If you have Photoshop, I would suggest doing all of your editing in that program and then ...

GIF Motion Pictures
I just upgraded from Vista and Windows Mail to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. In Windows Mail I was able to insert a gif picture with motion into the body of my E-Mail. I can't seem to do that in Windows Live Mail for some reason. They come in but don't move. When I receive one from someone else, they move. It must be in my settings (I do have Rich HMTL selected). HELP! My wife has a large collection of gif files and is mad that I upgraded. Once sent, the animation works. Send a test message to yourself. The message in the Inbox and Sent Sent Items will be animate...

Autocaption for pictures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have been using Word since 1993 and a Mac since mid-June. The only Mac problems I have had have been with Word 2008. I use a lot of pictures in my documents and I had autocaption set up for "MS Word Picture" in Word 2003. Word 2008 does not seem to offer autocaption for pictures - it has it for everything else, though. It seems that I have to manually insert a caption for each picture. Most of my documents consist purely of screen captures with captions - hundreds of them. Help!!! Thanks for reading this f...

How do you set up backround with multiple pictures?
Thx everyone for any idea!!! I need to set up backround with multiple pictures because I have an application that requires to fill in 20 screens. I had a good ideea to make print screens as long as I go along the applications steps and set up the Excel Workbook' backround (Format/Sheet/Backround works only for 1 picture and is repeting infinelty) with this print screens and I can type the desired values on top of the pictures simulating that I m using the original application (just to keep a good track of work). After I finalize this filling step I have a VBA procedure tha...

text and pictures dissappear after click
This doesn't happen in all the slides. I've checked the transitions and animations, the master slide and individual slide, and I can't see any difference or subtlety between the non-functioning slides and others that are working. And no slides are hidden. On about half the slides in my presentation, the slide blanks out (showing only the background) after I click for the last item, either a bullet point or image, when in Slide Show view. It will not rewind to view the slide as a whole, either, instead skipping back a couple of slides. The only way I can display the wh...

2D Graphs Blending together
When ever i make pie graphs in excel 07 the graphs come out correct, but when i change styles, some of the slice override the others. The main style i change it to is style 47(black background 3D Look). i have tried remaking the graphs and it still happens. Also i have tried to select the individual slices to check and make sure their colors match the legend which they do. Any Ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Also i can use the regular pie charts just fine but need the extra flair for presentation. ...

Missing Picture
Using Pub 2003 Twice in the last month, on 2 separate pub files, which had multiple pics, one pic (with thin black border) has disappeared when re-opening the document. In both cases, the pic seems to be replaced with a bordered rectangle. Graphics Manager does not list the missing pic. Hope some one can help with this. Gary Slide the acceleration down on your video adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. It this solves your issue, visit the web site of your adapter and look around for an upgraded video driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http:/...