Transparent text boxes

I have text boxes which have a fill color yet transparent center and then an
image behind the text box.  On the screen it shows up perfectly, yet when I
print it the image is blocked.  Any ideas?

Thank You
0
Postnet (1)

Publisher has issues with transparency. Create a rectangle the size of your text
box, apply your transparency, right-click, save as picture, select the .png
format, re-insert the saved image into your publication.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Sam@Postnet" <Sam@Postnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have text boxes which have a fill color yet transparent center and then an
> image behind the text box.  On the screen it shows up perfectly, yet when I
> print it the image is blocked.  Any ideas?
>
> Thank You

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Help needed
hi all, new to the forums as i need help! running excel 2000 under advanced server 2000 (intel p4 2ghz hp compa evo pc) and having a problem with the text import wizard ; trying to import a fixed column text report with three number column that include negative values in the format 320.06- problem is that they have to be imported as general type as there is n number option in the import wizard which then means that excel appear to treat the negative sign as text pushing the cell justification ove to the left and if i try to create a cell which displays the sum o these three negative values...

Font letter & numbers turning in to empty square boxes
Pub 2003 started to change numbers into empty square boxes. The problem is I have 16 pages and to create or carry over the info would take 2 days to fix. It appears it happens in the present file but the same info in a new pub file works. There are no viruses. XP OS 1 What causes this? 2 Can I import or copy the present file into a new pub2003 filw w/o bringing over the corruption? The troublesome font is Arial Narrow / Garamond but it works fine in all other programs. 3 Can I repair the present pub 2003 file? I have twiddled with this and I can't find anything on the web. It could be a ...

drawing anywhere onscreen by using transparent window?
Hi, I am looking for an example of how to create a transparent window that I can position anywhere on the screen and draw to it using the GDI. So basically it would look like I am drawing on the screen over top of everything, but really I am just drawing to my transparent window. Anyone know how to do this and/or know where there is an example of how to do this? Thanks, gman you can make window with WS_POPUP style or use as a parent HWND_DESKTOP. Then override its OnEraseBkgnd and return TRUE - this should stop CWnd from filling background with white color. All drawing do in OnPai...

Where are the round rotation handles at each corner of a text box?
In Visio 2003, I'm trying to rotate text so that it aligns PERFECTLY (EVENLY) along the slanting right side of a triangle. According to the manual I'm reading, after I choose the text block (rotating) tool, I'm supposed to see "green selection handles...along with ROUND ROTATION HANDLES AT EACH CORNER OF THE TEXT BOX FRAME." This works in Visio 2002...but in Visio 2003 I see ONLY the rotation handle on top of the text box frame, which (in the case of a triangle) only rotates the text box in 15 degree increments, so that I cannot align my text evenly along the slan...

How do I get text to write over pictures?
I would like to have text in a newsletter sit on top of a faint picture. 've tried to make picture more transparent by adjusting brightness and contrast. In order, I've sent pic backwards and bought text boxes forward. I've selected text wrapping on picture as through. It looks okay on screen but when I print or print preview, the picture sits at front and the text sits behind (or the picture disappears altogether). Would love to know how to create affect of words over a faint picture. Have you tried the *wash out*? It is on the picture toolbar, the icon that appears as a b...

Combo Box Inactive
After opening my Excel file a Combo Box that I created is inactive and won't respond to my mouse click. I can only get it to work by going to the forms menu, click to edit the combo box, and then exit form editing to make it work. How do I get it to work automatically? ...

Change from MS Outlook Rich Text to HTML
I use Outlook 98 and I want to change my message format to HTML so that I can have nice backgrounds etc on my mail. For some reason this facility doesn't seem to be available to me on the 'Mail Format' Tab. It is blacked out and I cannot change it from Rich Text to HTML. Is there anything I can do to sort this out? Could it be because I am on a network at work and they have disabled it? If so, how can I enable it? Cheers! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www...

How do you average text formulas??
I have this formula which calucates time differences =TEXT(F70-B70,"d:h:mm") format= 1:12:45 Everytime I use the "average(h7.h20)" the answer equals "#Div/0" I'm trying to average all these formulas, how do I average these cells that contain the =TEXT(F70-B70,"d:h:mm") format Hi! Why use the TEXT function? Why not just: =F70-B70 And custom format as d:h:mm. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have this formula which calucates time differences =TEXT (F70-B70,"d:h:mm") >format= 1:12:45 > >Everytime I use the "ave...

transparencies are printing opaque instead of transparent
All shadows and pictures set on color transparent, transparent gradient, or a certain percentage transparent, are printing opaque instead of transparent. It shows up transparent on the file when I set it, but shows opaque in the print preview mode, and then prints opaque as well. ...

Transparent bitmap in dialog box
Hi! I want to display a bitmap in a dialog box. I use the resource editor to specify the bitmap. How can I make the bitmap transparent? For example; all white areas should have the same color as the dialog window. Regards /Anders I remember seeing examples on how to do this but for the life of me I now cannot find them! Try looking at: www.codeproject.com www.codeguru.com Larry "Anders W�hlin" <anders.wahlin@erv.ericsson.se> wrote in message news:bi2div$25b$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se... > Hi! > > I want to display a bitmap in a dialog box. I use the resou...

In Box
Hi, The in box groups emails by date....can I have it simply list all email without any grouping or sorting? thank you Well, it has to be sorted in some fashion -- unless you want them to just be listed randomly which makes no sense. You can turn off grouping though. View | Arrange By...uncheck "Show in Groups." Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft Outlook FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/outlook.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replie...

How do you cancel a combo box update?
I want to put some code in the BeforeUpdate event of a combo box control on a form in Access 2000. In certain predefined conditions, this code should cancel the combo box change and ensure that the combo box remains at its previous setting. I had assumed that setting the Cancel property to True would do this but it doesn't seem to work. I feel sure that a very simple solution is staring me in the face but it's late at night and the brain is starting to shut down. Any ideas? David David Anderson wrote: >I want to put some code in the BeforeUpdate event of a combo box cont...

Using decimals in text?
Here's another question: Is it possible to change a line of text depending on the value contained in a cell? For example, if I have a decimal which is used as an exponent, can I concatenate that value with a units string? Example: value = 0.333, units = "kg" => "kg^0.333" (^ = font superscript) Now change the value to 0.396 and the units label should read "kg^0.396". use ="kg^"&A1 where A1 is the cell containing the decimal exponent. If you want to be able to change the units, use =B1&"^"&A1 where B1 is the cell containi...

Resizing File>Open box
Hi, This is a really trivial question but hopefully someone can help me. Many moons ago I maximised my File>Open window so I could see all the "detailed" information. Now I do not need this window so large, but I cannot find a way to restore it back to it's original size. The diagonal lines in the bottom right hand corner are nolonger there/visable and I have tried grabbing the screen in different areas as well without success. This problem is the same for File>Save or Save As -- Loose, fast and on the edge. Your description of your problem leaves a little to be de...

Is it possible to shade text within a text box?
I would like to be able to add shading to text within a text box. Is this possible? Thanks for your help. Format, font, select the shadow. The text is shadowed gray, that is the only way you can shadow text unless you use WordArt. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Hair Traders" <HairTraders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A452279C-1C69-4235-9520-54D9CB993ADF@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to add shading to ...

Cannot Export Color Text to PDF
Hi everyone, I'm working in a local chinese magazine company. We have a very serious problem that when we save the publisher file as a postscript (.ps) file and then use adobe distiller to convert it into a .pdf file, we lose all the colors that we had in the publisher file. This happens to both test and picture. If everyone knows what is going on, please reply. Thanks a lot! ^_^ Victor I think I can help you with this, I know a printer driver that converts to many raster, vector and document formats including PDF format, it's called LEADTOOLS ePrint driver and you can try the...

Text import drops commas and periods
I have noticed that excel 2000 and 2002 will occationally drop a comma from a comma delimited file, shifting that record to the left one column. I handled this in the past by quickly scanning an imported text file to make sure that each record is properly aligned. Not a problem with files of up to a few thousand records. Now, after recently upgrading I find that Excel 2002 is ocasionally dropping the decimal from the last column in a very few records on import. There is no way I can easily check for dropped decimals. Are these problems a known issue with Excel 2002? The dropping dec...

Converting text to Rich Text Format
If I start with a set of text strings where each text string is associated with a LOGFONT and COLORREF (for its foreground color), how do I convert this to Rich Text Format? You have to read about the Rich Text Format syntax. Or a simple way, format the text you want in WordPad and write it out, then look at what got written and replicate it. joe On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:30:32 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >If I start with a set of text strings where each text string is associated with >a LOGFONT and COLORREF (for its foreground color), ho...

Count for text
Hi, I believe this is very simple, but i fail to make it works. A 1. text 2. number 3. text 4. text 5. #N/A 6. etc... 50. I want to count all "text" for column A, please help. i use =COUNT(IF(ISTEXT(A1:A50);(A1:50) but result is 1 , not as i expected. Kind Regards, Try =SUMPRODUCT(--ISTEXT(A1:A10)) -- Jacob "Pran" wrote: > Hi, > > I believe this is very simple, but i fail to make it works. > A > 1. text > 2. number > 3. text > 4. text > 5. #N/A > 6. etc... > 50. > > I wan...

Can I save a re-useable template for Text Import Wizard?
I frequently have to import data from an accounts report txt file into Excel 2K, via the Text Import Wizard, fixed width mode. Is there any way to save the column width settings for future re-use? No. "Sinhavacin" wrote: > I frequently have to import data from an accounts report txt file into Excel > 2K, via the Text Import Wizard, fixed width mode. Is there any way to save > the column width settings for future re-use? How about this: If you're always importing files with the same layout, you could record a macro when you import one of these files. Start a n...

how do you change font size in message box
i would like to change the font size of a message box generated in an excel macro Look about half way down through this article. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html thanks for the speedy reply but thats a combo box am using msgbox to display results at the end of the macro run and wondered if i can increase the font size MsgBox ("Stats Updated" & Chr(13) & ordersok & Chr(13) & inhandok & Chr(13) & percompok) "DNA" wrote: > Look about half way down through this article. > > http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html > ...

transparent object does not print out transparent
I have created a circle (with the circle tool) that has varient shading. It's orange in the center and fades out to transparent. I have a second object sitting behind my circle. While I am working on the document, the object appears as I have designed it, but whent I go to print, the object becomes solid and the transparent part becomes white, hiding the second object behind. Can anyone help me figure out how to print it out as a transparent object? Thanks! This is a known bug in Publisher 2002/2003 along with the rest of Office XP/Office 2003. Group the objects together, then ...

Animated Text
I applied some text affects to text in my e-mail and when I apply it, the text blinks (for example) then when I send it to the recipient, it's not blinking when they receive it. Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks It depends on the recipient to support that type of animation. If they = can only receive plain text (as I have my Outlook set), your effects = will not display. Thankfully. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be...

How to enter text into toolbar
I would like to be able to enter a shothand note to the toolbar to identify the task and manpower required to complete. By doing thids I can easily see the manpower requirements of the individual trades. I'm not exactly sure what you mean, especially when you say "to easily see the manpower requirements of the individual trades". To enter notes about a task, double click on the task and see the tab "Notes". There you can enter notes. If you mean something else, can you please reframe the question? --rms www.rmschneider.com Manothouse ...

Text On Forms Becomes Blurry/Bold
Hi everyone, I have an interesting problem that I can't find a solution to. Once a form has focus for a few seconds, some of the text becomes blurry and slightly bold. There is no code on the form that would cause this to happen. I was wondering if anyone has seen a bug like this before. This only happens on some computers that use the database. I am using Office 2003. See these images: http://www.kslab.com/normal.jpg http://www.kslab.com/blurry.jpg Thanks in advance, Joshua Joshua Did you check at the Search sites? I've never heard of this happening before. Well, actua...