Transparent rectangle?

Publisher 2003 sp3

I'm pretty new to this program.  I copy-pasted a table from Word into
a new Full Page.  Within the table, I want to add text borders to
certain text and color them red.  (The text borders did not carry over
from Word.)  So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whole
table somehow.  And within the object's properties dialog,
Transparency is grayed out.  If I send the rectangle to the back, the
table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
can't select it.  If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes through
the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects.  This is a
hassle.

I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
there.  Is there anything I can do with the rectangle?  Thanks.
0
ress6oy8 (10)

I use Publisher 2000 so this may be different with your version.

Select the rectangle, press Cntrl T and the rectangle will become
transparent.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"wal" <ress6oy8@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Publisher 2003 sp3
>
> I'm pretty new to this program.  I copy-pasted a table from Word into
> a new Full Page.  Within the table, I want to add text borders to
> certain text and color them red.  (The text borders did not carry over
> from Word.)  So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whole
> table somehow.  And within the object's properties dialog,
> Transparency is grayed out.  If I send the rectangle to the back, the
> table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
> can't select it.  If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes through
> the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects.  This is a
> hassle.
>
> I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
> there.  Is there anything I can do with the rectangle?  Thanks.

0
Engineer5094 (821)
10/4/2011 4:06:50 PM
Seems to work.  Thanks.

On Oct 4, 12:06=A0pm, "Don Schmidt" <Don Engin...@PNB.Retired_1987>
wrote:
> I use Publisher 2000 so this may be different with your version.
>
> Select the rectangle, press Cntrl T and the rectangle will become
> transparent.
>
> --
> Don - Publisher 2000=AE
> Vancouver, USA
>
> "wal" <ress6...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > Publisher 2003 sp3
>
> > I'm pretty new to this program. =A0I copy-pasted a table from Word into
> > a new Full Page. =A0Within the table, I want to add text borders to
> > certain text and color them red. =A0(The text borders did not carry ove=
> > from Word.) =A0So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whol=
> > table somehow. =A0And within the object's properties dialog,
> > Transparency is grayed out. =A0If I send the rectangle to the back, the
> > table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
> > can't select it. =A0If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes throug=
> > the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects. =A0This is a
> > hassle.
>
> > I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
> > there. =A0Is there anything I can do with the rectangle? =A0Thanks.- Hi=
de quoted text -

ress6oy8 (10)
10/5/2011 1:48:52 AM
You're welcome.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"wal" <ress6oy8@verizon.net> wrote in message
Seems to work.  Thanks.

On Oct 4, 12:06 pm, "Don Schmidt" <Don Engin...@PNB.Retired_1987>
wrote:
> I use Publisher 2000 so this may be different with your version.
>
> Select the rectangle, press Cntrl T and the rectangle will become
> transparent.
>
> --
> Don - Publisher 2000�
> Vancouver, USA
>
> "wal" <ress6...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > Publisher 2003 sp3
>
> > I'm pretty new to this program. I copy-pasted a table from Word into
> > a new Full Page. Within the table, I want to add text borders to
> > certain text and color them red. (The text borders did not carry over
> > from Word.) So I tried using a rectangle, but that obscures the whole
> > table somehow. And within the object's properties dialog,
> > Transparency is grayed out. If I send the rectangle to the back, the
> > table reappears and the rectangle's outline is still visible, but you
> > can't select it. If you tab to try to select it, the tab goes through
> > the table cells; it doesn't cycle among the objects. This is a
> > hassle.
>
> > I guess I'll create a rectangle using four straight lines and go from
> > there. Is there anything I can do with the rectangle? Thanks.- Hide
> > quoted text -

Engineer5094 (821)

drawing anywhere onscreen by using transparent window?
Hi, I am looking for an example of how to create a transparent window that I can position anywhere on the screen and draw to it using the GDI. So basically it would look like I am drawing on the screen over top of everything, but really I am just drawing to my transparent window. Anyone know how to do this and/or know where there is an example of how to do this? Thanks, gman you can make window with WS_POPUP style or use as a parent HWND_DESKTOP. Then override its OnEraseBkgnd and return TRUE - this should stop CWnd from filling background with white color. All drawing do in OnPai...

Transparent bitmap in dialog box
Hi! I want to display a bitmap in a dialog box. I use the resource editor to specify the bitmap. How can I make the bitmap transparent? For example; all white areas should have the same color as the dialog window. Regards /Anders I remember seeing examples on how to do this but for the life of me I now cannot find them! Try looking at: www.codeproject.com www.codeguru.com Larry "Anders W�hlin" <anders.wahlin@erv.ericsson.se> wrote in message news:bi2div$25b$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se... > Hi! > > I want to display a bitmap in a dialog box. I use the resou...

transparencies are printing opaque instead of transparent
All shadows and pictures set on color transparent, transparent gradient, or a certain percentage transparent, are printing opaque instead of transparent. It shows up transparent on the file when I set it, but shows opaque in the print preview mode, and then prints opaque as well. ...

Transparent CStatic on Dialog with image in background
Hi everyone! I'm developing a little program for windows mobile (think problem should be the same for Win32) in MFC and have problems displaying a dialog with an JPEG-image in the background and placing some transparent CStatic's above it. Here is what I dit: BOOL CMyDialog::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC * pDC) { BOOL bRet = CDialog::OnEraseBkgnd(pDC); // draw background image CComPtr<IImagingFactory>pFactory; HRESULT hr = pFactory.CoCreateInstance(CLSID_ImagingFactory); IImage* pImg; hr = pFactory->CreateImageFromFile(_T("\\myBackImage.jpg"), &pImg); RECT a; a.bott...

How to make opup Menu Transparent
Hi All, Can you please let me know how to make CMenu Object popup menu transparent I am able to make window transparent using ModifyStyleEx(WS_EX_TRANSPARENT,0) Thanks Anup I'm not sure the concept is directly supported. If it isn't, you will have to implement a menu-like popup window yourself. joe On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 05:25:55 -0700 (PDT), Matrixinline <anup.kataria@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Can you please let me know how to make CMenu Object popup menu >transparent > >I am able to make window transparent using >ModifyStyleEx(WS_EX_TRANSPARENT,0...

Image with transparent background
Is it possible to have an image on a button in MFC with a transparent background? How do I do this? Also, how are images stored in MFC applications? Are they compiled into the exe? What is the compression like? Maybe you could use this class: http://www.softechsoftware.it/cbuttonst.html Tom "Bart" <xyz@abc.com> wrote in message news:OIMef.18911$lJ.13991@newsfe5-win.ntli.net... > Is it possible to have an image on a button in MFC with a transparent > background? How do I do this? > > Also, how are images stored in MFC applications? Are they compiled into ...

transparent object does not print out transparent
I have created a circle (with the circle tool) that has varient shading. It's orange in the center and fades out to transparent. I have a second object sitting behind my circle. While I am working on the document, the object appears as I have designed it, but whent I go to print, the object becomes solid and the transparent part becomes white, hiding the second object behind. Can anyone help me figure out how to print it out as a transparent object? Thanks! This is a known bug in Publisher 2002/2003 along with the rest of Office XP/Office 2003. Group the objects together, then ...

about transparent window
hello I use SetLayeredWindowAttributes API then the other control(Button or EditBox...) all transparent, but I want the control not transparent,Now,I use UpDateLayeredWindow API then I cannot see any control in my window but can respond message(click..),those all not I want.Please help me thank Show code. joe On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:40:00 -0800, zola <zola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hello > I use SetLayeredWindowAttributes API then the other control(Button or >EditBox...) all transparent, but I want the control not transparent,Now,I use > UpDateLa...

3M SandBlaster 423-120 Flexible Sanding Pad, 3.7 x 9.25-Inch, 120-Grit, Rectangle, 2-Sheet
Price:$7.30 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B000GLHW3Q Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000GLHW3Q Sandblaster, 2 Pack, 120G 3.7" x 9" Large Flexible Abrasives Detailed Sandpaper, Lasts 10 Times Longer Than Normal Sandpaper, Extreme Durability, Ultimate Comfort, Sandpaper Can Also Be Used On Detailed Flexible Abrasives Tool True Value #630-485. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 3M SandBlaster 423-180 Flexible Sanding Pad, 3.7 x 9.25-Inch, 180-Grit, Rectangle, 2-Sheet:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000GLE1OO 3M SandBlaster 413-220 Flexib...

Transparent Image
Hi , I'm having bitmapinfoheader and bitmapbits. and i'm using setdibitstodevice function to copy all the data in to the dc. But i want to blt the tranparent bitmap there. can u help me plz Hi, There are numerous samples for this on codeguru or code project. For example http://www.thecodeproject.com/bitmap/cbitmask.asp Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please ...

different rotation center for a rectangle
I want to rotate a rectangle based on a rotation center different from to center given by default by visio. Is it possible? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan Select the rectangle, you will see a rotation control handle, move the mouse on it, the rotation center appears, select it and move it. You can also display the size and position window and modify the center axis of the selected shape in selecting the one you want in the combo box. "Khoshravan" <khoshravan@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 63FE47D9-AA67-4F51-8262-83179...

Transparent color?
Using Visio 2000 and apparently can't do what I need. I need to overlay one color rectangle on another and set a transparency for the one on top where I can the one underneath. Can this be done with Visio 2003? Transparency was added in Visio 2003. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm "SkeeBee" <ntt@brz.com> wrote in message news:%239Gwg...

transparent
I have a combo box that I have set the back style properties to be transparent so that if I dont click on the combo box the cells underneath should show through but they don't as the combo box shows as white and not tgransparent. Any clues please? Thanks I find that when I first place a combo box on a worksheet and change its BackStyle to transparent it does become transparent. But after selecting an item in the combo box it forgets it is transparent. This code, placed in the sheet's module (right-click the worksheet tab and pick View Code), seems to help it remember, at lea...

Transparent bitmap in FlexGrid cell?
I have a bitmap in the resource (IDB_PICTURE). I need to display it on a FlexGrid's cell with transparent background. Could someone show me how? This is the only function available to put a picture on a cell CFlexGrid::putref_CellPicture(LPDISPATCH) Thank you. ...

Transparencies
Hi All, would it be possible to make the background of a scanned image transparent for a publication? Thanks and regards GB What version Publisher? There is a transparency tool on the picture toolbar, select your image, select the tool and click on the background of the picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "admin" <admin@compulogics.com.au> wrote in message news:eehGmB8SFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > would it be possible to make the background of a scanned image trans...

Transparent Check/Radio box on a XP Themed application
Hi, I have an MFC application which use the XP theme. I created a class for drawing Check/Radio boxes tranparently (to avoid the gray rectangle of those buttons): HBRUSH CUiButton::CtlColor(CDC* pDC, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = NULL; pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT); // return hollow brush to preserve parent background color hbr = (HBRUSH)::GetStockObject(HOLLOW_BRUSH); return hbr; } This looks fine in a Non-Themed application (The rectangle of the Check/Radio controls, recieves the color of its parent). But on a Themed application I get a black rectangle. Can someon...

transparency
When I import a picture into a document and print this, pcture resolution is ok. When I change the transparency color (from white to transparent) the picture will be printed in a low resolution format. Orignal format is in tiff (also tried gif) Any idea's ? I'm using pub2002 How do you know it's printing in Low Resolution? If it's just because the edges of things look jagged, it's because you need to take care of the transparency in a different way. Normally if you have somethign that looks like it has a white background and then some writing (or something else) in ...

Is it possible to print transparent fills when using
When I create a fill while using a gradient shading color, then select for it to be transparent, it will show it as transparent on the screen, but will not print (nor print preview) the color as being transparent. Is there something I can do so it will print transparent? Thanks! Els513 <Els513@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When I create a fill while using a gradient shading color, then > select for it to be transparent, it will show it as transparent on > the screen, but will not print (nor print preview) the color as being > transparen...

set background color to transparent
i am using vba to perform conditional formatting. i am having trouble setting the background color to transparent. any help would be appreciated. thks transparent is not a color. What are you trying to accomplish? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "k2sarah" wrote: > i am using vba to perform conditional formatting. i am having trouble setting > the background color to transparent. any help would be appreciated. > thks my conditional formatting logic is done in vba by setting rgb properties. this is a simplified version --if x=2 then color blue --if x=1 color red ...

Transparency
Hi, I am building an ActiveX control, which I would like NOT to be windowless (e.g. the common dialog control in Visual Basic being an example of one that is windowless, I don't want one like this), i.e. I want it to draw and have size, etc. but be largely transparent. I can sort of mimic transparency by using TranslateColor(AmbientBackColor()) but this doesn't take into account the fact that the developer using it might want to have, say, static text behind my control. So what I want to do which I would appreciate any help anybody can possibly give me, is *ideally* to create ...

Further to transparency
Further to my previous post on Transparency, is it possible for an ActiveX control to get the DC of its container, so it can just draw to that? "Ben Taylor" <ben_taylor_g1@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:0ae401c3505b$01c43df0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Further to my previous post on Transparency, is it > possible for an ActiveX control to get the DC of its > container, so it can just draw to that? Make the control windowless. The container would then ask it to draw itself via IViewObject::Draw passing the container's HDC. -- With best wishes, Igor Tandetnik...

Transparent ListView
Hi, I would like to have a transparent listview. Do you know how can i do it ? i don't want to ste a background image to my ListView. I really want to make transparent all its cells (except text). tia for information or source code. maileen Just have a look at these controls to see whether they satisfy your requirements http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/hmxcontrols.asp "Maileen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OVEU#cX9DHA.1356@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to have a transparent listview. Do you know how can i do it ? > >...

How do I keep a transparent wordart transparent thruout printing.
I am working in Publisher and have a wordart that I have made transparent. However, when I print it, it prints in full color although it shows transparent on the screen. I have Canon printers. By default, WordArt's background is transparent. Is it the wording that is printing full color? Are you filling the WordArt with *No Fill?* -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Curly" <Curly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E40FC541-679F-4483-8BD7-2854E56195BC@microsoft.com... >I am working in Publisher and have a wordart that I have made tra...

I can not set transparency into chart
I am using Ms Excel 2003. I cant set the trasparency between two overlapping areas into a chart. The slidebar is disabled into the formatting dialog of the chart Hi, Transparency is not supported in xl charts on a pc. I think the Mac guys have it better. There is a work around for column charts, unfortunately it doesn't work for area charts. http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy Stefano wrote: > I am using Ms Excel 2003. I cant set the trasparency between two overlapping > areas > into a chart. The slidebar is disabled into the formatting dialog o...

No transparency?
Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 on XP, I wish to "lock" details on Page 2 (" Installed" page after page ONE) I use Ctrl M to take me to page TWO I add the details (rectangles with frame) then revert to page one, (Ctrl M) BUT I cannot see the details on Page TWO showing through. I've tried fiddling with Ctrl T, but...zilch. Can you help please? John John <non_such@blueTONyonder.cNEo.uk> was very recently heard to utter: > Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 on XP, I wish to "lock" details > on Page 2 (" Installed" page after page ONE) >...