transparencies are printing opaque instead of transparent

All shadows and pictures set on color transparent, transparent gradient, or a
certain percentage transparent, are printing opaque instead of transparent.
It shows up transparent on the file when I set it, but shows opaque in the
print preview mode, and then prints opaque as well.
0
Thinker (27)

characters not printing
When I print up a spreadsheet that has a lot of text in the cell, The end character of each line in a cell of text is clipped off. This even happens in cells with less than 80 chracters. Adventus wrote: > When I print up a spreadsheet that has a lot of text in the cell, The end > character of each line in a cell of text is clipped off. This even happens in > cells with less than 80 chracters. And your question is? ...

transparencies are printing opaque instead of transparent
All shadows and pictures set on color transparent, transparent gradient, or a certain percentage transparent, are printing opaque instead of transparent. It shows up transparent on the file when I set it, but shows opaque in the print preview mode, and then prints opaque as well. ...

drawing anywhere onscreen by using transparent window?
Hi, I am looking for an example of how to create a transparent window that I can position anywhere on the screen and draw to it using the GDI. So basically it would look like I am drawing on the screen over top of everything, but really I am just drawing to my transparent window. Anyone know how to do this and/or know where there is an example of how to do this? Thanks, gman you can make window with WS_POPUP style or use as a parent HWND_DESKTOP. Then override its OnEraseBkgnd and return TRUE - this should stop CWnd from filling background with white color. All drawing do in OnPai...

How to check Required Form Fields before Saving or Printing?
Hello, I know that required form fields issue have been considered many times, but I searched the Internet and I can't find the solution to my problem. I have few form fields in my documents. In each document there is a different number of form fields. All form fields in each documents are required. Employee needs to fill all fields and then save and/or print the document. What I need to do.. is to check before every Saving or Printing if all fields have been filled. If not, pop up a message with FieldName which is missed. How can I do this? I'll be very grat...

Printing from Publisher 2003 to an HP8550
Since installing Publisher 2003 I have been unable to print to my networked HP8550 color laserjet printer. The most common error is that the printer does not support that page size or that there is a document mismatch. I have not been able to locate a KB article or notes from HP to resolve this issue. Has anyone else experienced the problem or have a solution to the problem. My apologies if this has been answered before, but this is my first visit to this group. Regards, Tim Carroll A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Tim Carroll <carroll_td@...

Print Preview #8
Hi all, I am currently writing a program where I am just using userforms. I am going to have the application as hidden if you know what I mean. What I am asking is how to be able to use print preview. I have tried this but I cant seem to make it work. The trouble is it is stalling the program because it will not show the print preview over the top of the userform. How can I make this work. Here is the basic code I am using Sheets("PEGS").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview Will this work when the application is not visible? Thanks Greg Good morn...

Print to file: What format?
Hello, When a user checks the "Print to file" radio button in a print dialog, in what format will the file be and how can it be used? Thanks, John To quote an MSDN article: "The Print To File feature can come in handy if the printer on which you ultimately want to print your document isn't attached to your system. For example, you might be sending the final document to a service bureau to be printed on a high-resolution printer. When you use this feature, you can save the file in a special format that contains raw printer data specific to the selected printer. When you s...

Document failed to print...
I'm trying to print out some wedding invitations on card stock, I got one successful print, but the rest keep coming up with an error message reading "This document failed to print". I tried letting one of those through, and the document printed extremely dark. Any suggestions? Your printer driver is the culprit here. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for a newer driver. If one isn't available, uninstall and re-install your printer. It is advisable to completely remove your driver before installing/reinstalling. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web ...

Transparent bitmap in dialog box
Hi! I want to display a bitmap in a dialog box. I use the resource editor to specify the bitmap. How can I make the bitmap transparent? For example; all white areas should have the same color as the dialog window. Regards /Anders I remember seeing examples on how to do this but for the life of me I now cannot find them! Try looking at: www.codeproject.com www.codeguru.com Larry "Anders W�hlin" <anders.wahlin@erv.ericsson.se> wrote in message news:bi2div$25b$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se... > Hi! > > I want to display a bitmap in a dialog box. I use the resou...

Color not printing
Does anyone know why a report prints in color on one printer but not on another? Both are color printers and have a good supply of ink. I used conditional formatting to get certain lines to print out in red. Tia I expect the printer properties are set to print color as Grayscale. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "jim" wrote: > Does anyone know why a report prints in color on one printer but not on > another? Both are color printers and have a good supply of ink. I used > conditional formatting to get certain lines to print out in red. > T...

transparent object does not print out transparent
I have created a circle (with the circle tool) that has varient shading. It's orange in the center and fades out to transparent. I have a second object sitting behind my circle. While I am working on the document, the object appears as I have designed it, but whent I go to print, the object becomes solid and the transparent part becomes white, hiding the second object behind. Can anyone help me figure out how to print it out as a transparent object? Thanks! This is a known bug in Publisher 2002/2003 along with the rest of Office XP/Office 2003. Group the objects together, then ...

Image with transparent background
Is it possible to have an image on a button in MFC with a transparent background? How do I do this? Also, how are images stored in MFC applications? Are they compiled into the exe? What is the compression like? Maybe you could use this class: http://www.softechsoftware.it/cbuttonst.html Tom "Bart" <xyz@abc.com> wrote in message news:OIMef.18911$lJ.13991@newsfe5-win.ntli.net... > Is it possible to have an image on a button in MFC with a transparent > background? How do I do this? > > Also, how are images stored in MFC applications? Are they compiled into ...

Transparent CStatic on Dialog with image in background
Hi everyone! I'm developing a little program for windows mobile (think problem should be the same for Win32) in MFC and have problems displaying a dialog with an JPEG-image in the background and placing some transparent CStatic's above it. Here is what I dit: BOOL CMyDialog::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC * pDC) { BOOL bRet = CDialog::OnEraseBkgnd(pDC); // draw background image CComPtr<IImagingFactory>pFactory; HRESULT hr = pFactory.CoCreateInstance(CLSID_ImagingFactory); IImage* pImg; hr = pFactory->CreateImageFromFile(_T("\\myBackImage.jpg"), &pImg); RECT a; a.bott...

How to make opup Menu Transparent
Hi All, Can you please let me know how to make CMenu Object popup menu transparent I am able to make window transparent using ModifyStyleEx(WS_EX_TRANSPARENT,0) Thanks Anup I'm not sure the concept is directly supported. If it isn't, you will have to implement a menu-like popup window yourself. joe On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 05:25:55 -0700 (PDT), Matrixinline <anup.kataria@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Can you please let me know how to make CMenu Object popup menu >transparent > >I am able to make window transparent using >ModifyStyleEx(WS_EX_TRANSPARENT,0...

Printing on Plotter
How do you print on a plotter a large scale spreadsheet. I want to print a spreadsheet the size of a poster (4' by 5') so people can read it from afar. Select the plotter as the printer. The page size you desire must either be installed by the printer driver, or you must create it in Forms in Printer Server Properties in the operating system or the use of Custom sizes must be supported in the plotter driver. Excel Rookie from Seattle wrote: > How do you print on a plotter a large scale spreadsheet. I want to print a > spreadsheet the size of a poster (4' b...

LABEL PRINTING PROBLEM
Each time the print labels wizard completes the label 'print previews' and I have to select either the page properties or print properties so the labels view and print properly. I am not changing anything when I select either one of the properties but this corrects the view. Is there a fix for this error because this only affects page one of the print job because if I view any other page it views just fine. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I A...

problems with window.print() in CRM
Hello, We have a problem where the Window.print() command does not work from custom forms that are hosted from the isv.config file,After clicking the print button on the print dialog box, it displays the print icon on the internet explorer status bar, but does not send the output to the printer. Any ideas? ...

about transparent window
hello I use SetLayeredWindowAttributes API then the other control(Button or EditBox...) all transparent, but I want the control not transparent,Now,I use UpDateLayeredWindow API then I cannot see any control in my window but can respond message(click..),those all not I want.Please help me thank Show code. joe On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:40:00 -0800, zola <zola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hello > I use SetLayeredWindowAttributes API then the other control(Button or >EditBox...) all transparent, but I want the control not transparent,Now,I use > UpDateLa...

Need to Print Large Format w/out page breaks
Using Pub 2000 on WXP. Have 42" wide HP Designjet 5000. I can't set page size greater than 49" in length (height) without having it automatically tile it. I'm using roll feed, but it still tiles it. I get the full 42" width no problem. I even set up Custom Paper size to fit the publication. I tried ZoomSmart, no help. ANYTHING greater than 49" long gets tiled. Where does this number come from? Is there a maximum page size Publisher wants to deal with? I would think it'd be printer dependent. I've tried every setting and every paper size an...

gridlines not printing straight
I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2000, that at certain times the grid lines don't print straight on a certain printer. Do you know what would cause this? From what you say it has to be the printer. I would say to make sure you have the latest printer driver but I can't imagine any printer driver, that prints the lines, not printing them straight. HTH Otto "Gilly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034501c3dbab$074c5740$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2000, that at certain times > the grid lines don't print str...

Conditional format grey text prints black
I have conditional formatted cells to turn text grey, but when I print, the text is black. How do I change this? Joe Apologies in advance if I'm stating the obvious but have you checke your printer settings? Have you tried formatting some other text i grey (in Word for example) to see if that comes out black also? There's also an option in Page setup to print in Black and White tha could be the cause -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Everything looks right. I also conditional format the cell to grey as well, and it prints correctly. It is just the text I format ...

Transparent Image
Hi , I'm having bitmapinfoheader and bitmapbits. and i'm using setdibitstodevice function to copy all the data in to the dc. But i want to blt the tranparent bitmap there. can u help me plz Hi, There are numerous samples for this on codeguru or code project. For example http://www.thecodeproject.com/bitmap/cbitmask.asp Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please ...

Transparent color?
Using Visio 2000 and apparently can't do what I need. I need to overlay one color rectangle on another and set a transparency for the one on top where I can the one underneath. Can this be done with Visio 2003? Transparency was added in Visio 2003. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm "SkeeBee" <ntt@brz.com> wrote in message news:%239Gwg...

Printing to the edge of the page in Publisher
I recently bought a new printer HP Photosmart C6280 that HP promised would print to the edge of the page. I was working in a Publisher 2000 program and I got it to print borderless. Now I have another computer with Publisher 2003 installed and it will not print borderless. It leaves about 1/8 inch on 2 edges. I've read some other questions and comments regarding this problem and noted one other person had the same problem when switching from an older Publisher program to a newer one. Does anyone have any solutions? I can't do the bleed idea because the printer won't hold a l...

Printing to more than two printers
In RMS i have a choice of printing to two printers after a transaction but this is not enough since i have five distribution points and a printer at each location and i need to be able to print a receipt to any one of them at any given time fron one PC. At present i can only do this with 2 printers, can you tell me how i can incorporate the other 3 without adding another computer to the mix. That's a stumper... I can't even think of a way to do that through an add-in. Well, maybe you could have a utility that changes the name of your windows printer before RMS tries to prin...