transfer publisher template to word

i have a made a  greeting card from a template  a friend has offered to print
them out but does not have publisher on his computer but has word on his
computer is there any way to change the format so he can open itv in word??

paul 1 wrote:
> i have a made a  greeting card from a template  a friend has offered to print
> them out but does not have publisher on his computer but has word on his
> computer is there any way to change the format so he can open itv in word??

You would have to copy/paste the template on your computer, by opening
the Publisher template, then opening Word, and copy from Publisher over
to Word, then save as a Word template. Be warned that there will be
formatting loss and this is NOT recommended. Best thing to do is have
them purchase Publisher or create the original template in Word.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
0
ic (207)
10/5/2004 1:50:02 PM
Or for the OP to print it out himself. I thought the days of not buying a
printer when you got a computer were long gone.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <ic@ntellu.com> wrote in message
> paul 1 wrote:
>> i have a made a  greeting card from a template  a friend has offered to
>> print them out but does not have publisher on his computer but has word
>> on his computer is there any way to change the format so he can open itv
>> in word??
>
> You would have to copy/paste the template on your computer, by opening the
> Publisher template, then opening Word, and copy from Publisher over to
> Word, then save as a Word template. Be warned that there will be
> formatting loss and this is NOT recommended. Best thing to do is have them
> purchase Publisher or create the original template in Word.
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/5/2004 5:47:52 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from paul
1 <paul 1@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> i have a made a  greeting card from a template  a friend has offered
> to print them out but does not have publisher on his computer but has
> word on his computer is there any way to change the format so he can
> open itv in word??

Not satisfactorily, but there IS a way that you can create a PDF file that
you can send him, which he will be able to open in Adobe Reader.

www.primopdf.com is a free application that does just this.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

Scroll wheel not working in Word 7
I have Word for Windows 95 version 7.0. I am using it on my current XP Home SP3 system, and it works fine, except that the mouse scroll wheel doesn't work in Word. It works fine in all other apps. It is a Labtec mouse. Device Manager says: PS/2 Compatible Mouse This device is working properly Driver Provider: Microsoft Driver Date: 01/07/2001 Driver Version: 5.1.2600.0 Tried installing "WizMouse" (www.antibody-software.com), which has an option to 'Enable mouse wheel for applications without mouse wheel support', but that doesn't cure the problem. Any ...

Publish Access Report to Sharepoint Document Library (probably .pd
I need to create a report in Access (2007), and then publish it (probably in ..pdf format) to a Sharepoint Document Library. Anybody face this one? The report is a standard Access report based on a standard query. Only thing it does wierd is get its filter parameter from a text box on a hidden form. Help! -- Jim ...

Help! I cannot publish my website to the Internet
I have an ftp site that we have used on a different computer. But now I am trying to update our website on a different computer using the same ftp location. I have received instructions that say how to publish, but when I try, it always says, "cannot connect to the ftp server named 209.238.210.252. I have tried everything but cannot get it to connect. PLEASE HELP! ...

about transfer order

Error when printing (only in Publisher)
We get this error when trying to print from Publisher 2002 (xp). " Before you can perform printer-related tasks such as page setup or printer a document, you need to install a printer. Do you wish to install a printer now? YES or NO." Now the problem is.. we have 6 printers installed. Word/Excel and all the other programs can see them just fine. Even if we click yes, and install another printer we still get the following error next.. "Publisher connat access your Printer's Software. Reinstall your printer drivers." I have tried that too.. Can Anyone help? Tha...

deleting phrases in Excel and/or Word
My question is for beginners but I am working with spreadsheets and documents which contains a lot of the same words I want to delete. Can anyone please tell me how I can do this? THANK YOU BEFOREHAND FOR YOUR HELP! Here's one quick play using SUBSTITUTE for progressive deletion .. Assume text data is running in A1 down Enter the exact words/phrases (case sensitive) you want deleted in say K1 down. Eg assuming you have 3 words to delete: in K1: the, in K2: Oops, in K3: milk Then place in B1: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,INDEX($K:$K,COLUMN(A1)),"")) Copy B1 across by 3* cols to ...

Transfering messages

Publisher freezes when Outlook Open
I recently purchased and installed Office 2007 Professional with Outlook Business Contact Manager and when I try to start Publisher with Outlook already open Publisher freezes. If Outlook is not open everything works just fine. Except when I try to email from Publisher it will freeze when Outlook tries to open and send the email. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The program stops responding when you try to open or to save a file in an Office 2002 program, in an Office 2003 program and in an Office 2007 program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313937/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ht...

HR Position Transfers

How can I change the shape of an image inserted into a publisher?
Do you want to do something other than change the height or width? If yes, you won't be able to in Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Rossman" <Rossman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F011697E-2A9A-4CA2-8964-B9D41BF48DDB@microsoft.com... > Thanks Don. Yeah, I was hoping to be able to bend an edge to add appeal to the image. Not possible huh? "Don Schmidt" wrote: > Do you want to do something other than change the height or width? If yes, > you won't be able to in Publisher. > > > -- > Don > Vancou...

Windows Easy Transfer

A Word Macro to VLookup a Range in Excel
Hi, With a combination of VLOOKUP and MATCH formulas in Excel I'm able to grab a cell's value from a multi-row, multi-column range. But I can do this only from within Excel. The formulas look like these: =IF($H$4="",0,VLOOKUP($H$4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF($I$4="","REG",$I$4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0)*IF($J$4="","1",$J$4)) and =IF(H4="",0,(VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH("REG",$A$1:$E$1,0),0)-VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF(I4="","REG",I4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0))*IF(J4="","1",J4...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

Simple Template excel for Books
I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks "=?Utf-8?B?c2FtLWM=?=" <samc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8084980B-1561-4FD2-8EDD-1ED87A945CA7@microsoft.com: > I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks > Have a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) ...

Automatically Update Date/Time in Template
I can insert a date/time in a new message if I am using Word as my editor, but then I cannot save it as a template (why you would want an auto-updating field in a message that cannot be stored as a template is another question). If I switch off Word as the editor so that I can save as a template, I cannot insert a date/time and have it auto-update. Is there a way out of this conundrum, or should I just chalk it up to another peculiarity of MS software? Thanks for any assistance. ...

Save Publisher as JPG, TIFF or GIFF!!!!!!
I have Publisher 2000... How do you save as JPG, TIFF or GIFF... I looked all over for this and I can't use the Pack and Go option... I even tried to open it with Adobe and of course you can't do that... This is stupid... Why does it have to be so hard? It should be simple... Nobody even uses Publisher in the real world if you try to send something to a commercial business... Everyone wants Adobe... All I want to do is send my fucking artwork in to make some CDs... How hard can that be? I've even run into problems taking artwork into Kinko's... You have to download their progra...

Can not create Custom Borders in Publisher
In microsoft publisher, when selecting the create custom border option, it keeps telling our user population that they can not open file. A power user has this option, but if you change the security rights on the publisher folders it totally destroys the files and nothing works and then you have to do a completel reinstall. Is there anyway to let users have the access to create custom borders without having to make them power users? djw6776 wrote: > In microsoft publisher, when selecting the create custom border > option, it keeps telling our user population that they can not ope...

index_files : Directory Publishing Problem
Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 times) This is getting annoying. How do I make publisher do it right? The other things is it puts all my files in www.a45.i8.com/index_files instead of using the root path of www.a45.i8.com. Please help this is getting bad! Adam6979 wrote: > Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the > index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 > times) This is getting annoying. Ho...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Office word previewer
When I open a file I can't get a preview of the file in the open window. The error message is "There is an error in the Microsoft office Word Previewer". I've downloaded the viewer for 2007 and the compatability download for 2003. I still cannot get the previewer to work? -- JP ...

Is there a way to lock the size of the text box in Publisher?

Slight apology to Mr. MS Publisher
A day or so ago, you answered my query about letter spacing. You said: If you are seeing the problem on your screen, it is your video driver. If you are seeing it in print, it is your printer driver. The correct answer, of course, is C; None of the above. You've harped on this before, and I plead guilty - I didn't give you all the information. Sorry, and mea culpa! The files look fin in hard copy and on the screen in Publisher. It's when the files are uploaded via FTP to a Web page and viewed thru a browser that the letters get all squished together - it's in the HTML scenar...

Insert Signature in Email Template
I have set up my signature to automatically be added to outgoing messages, replies, and forwards. However, when I use email templates (.oft), I open the template to create a new message but it doesn't add my signature. It did this in 2003, but I can't find where to set this in 2007. Any help is much appreciated! ...

Cannot Type Text Into Publisher
Hi there . . . hope someone can help me . . . I'm feeling rather aggravated with the following problem: I'm using Publisher 2000 (came w/ Office 2000 which came with our PC), we upgraded to XP Home last winter, and Tuesday night (8/26) we began to experience the following problem with Publisher: Whenever we try to type or paste any text (either in a new text box or into a previously saved Publisher document) we get an error that simply says "Publisher cannot complete the operation" with "OK" as the only option. We are not experiencing difficulty entering ...