tools > options

In pub 2003 I go to tools > options and set file locations for publications
and for pictures.
Pub 2007 does not seem to work the sane way.
How can I tell pub where to look for files and where to save them?
--
SOB711
0

Weird ain't it?
I think they forgot to put it in.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"SOB711" <SOB711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In pub 2003 I go to tools > options and set file locations for
> publications
> and for pictures.
> Pub 2007 does not seem to work the sane way.
> How can I tell pub where to look for files and where to save them?
> --
> SOB711

0
webmaster911 (1600)
8/26/2008 9:17:16 PM
You can't... Create a folder in My Places (WindowXP) or Favorite Links(Vista),
it will be just one more click. This option was left out in Publisher 2007,
hopefully it will be returned in a future service pack.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"SOB711" <SOB711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In pub 2003 I go to tools > options and set file locations for publications
> and for pictures.
> Pub 2007 does not seem to work the sane way.
> How can I tell pub where to look for files and where to save them?
> --
> SOB711

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/26/2008 9:23:13 PM
Thanks for info. It was driving me crazy. Hope they put it back in future.
--
SOB711

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can't... Create a folder in My Places (WindowXP) or Favorite Links(Vista),
> it will be just one more click. This option was left out in Publisher 2007,
> hopefully it will be returned in a future service pack.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "SOB711" <SOB711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In pub 2003 I go to tools > options and set file locations for publications
> > and for pictures.
> > Pub 2007 does not seem to work the sane way.
> > How can I tell pub where to look for files and where to save them?
> > --
> > SOB711

0
SOB711 (23)

Mailbox Cleanup Tools
I would like you to try to find some tools that will allow me to apply per-mailbox and per-folder policies to our Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. For example, I'd like to be able to say: delete everything in everyone's deleted items folder older than 180 days. Also, delete everything in Joe Smith's inbox older than 90 days, but only delete things in Margre G's inbox older than 180 days. ...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

Where are the tools?
I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration Tools. I all the CD's for Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and can't seem to find the admin tools on any CD. Can anyone point me to the right location? to install the ESM, you run setup from the CD, and select to install only the ESM... "JohnD" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B68254B5-73EB-40D2-AF2F-43A8ECACE72E@microsoft.com... > I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration > Tools. I all the CD's for Win...

Help
I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing my server. All I want to do is be able to find out how much storage is allocated for each user and how to change it. Why is that so goddam impossible? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:50:07 -0800, Old Fart <OldFart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on >the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing >my server. All I ...

Updated Calendar Tool (No Macros)
Hi Group, This yearly calendar tool allows users to choose years from 1900 to 2400. Pretty challenging task to do this using spreadsheet programming rather than macro programming. http://www.techronology.com/index.php?pageID=004002&prodID=tool001 Thanks, Alex ...

Outlook 2000 Customize Option
Hi I have discovered a minor irritation with the Customize function on the Outlook Today page. The button to invoke the function will not work leaving me unable to change the way I wish to view the page. This is a home installation which has no customized unsupported updates applied. It is some months since I last needed to modify this view when it was working. In between time I have had occasion to reinstall the application and in all other respects it functions properly. After reinstallation my folder list and view remained the same as before. Has someone any advice as to how ...

Marker option for Excel XY charts
I find the choices of marker options for plotting XY-Scatter plots is quite limited to just 9 characters (like box, triangle, star, +, - etc.,). Is there a way to utilize Wingdings for more choices? If so, how to do it? I just learnt how to add 'clip arts' as a marker but I'm more interested in Wingdings characters that are plenty and a 'font' (not a clip art). Hi N.Kannan, Turn off the gridlines (View Gridlines) Type a character in a cell Format to Wingdings font Change the cell width to about the width of the one character Copy Paste as Picture (Home, Pa...

How do I get rid of the box showing 'fill down' options after I f.
How do I get rid of the box showing 'fill down' options after I fill down....and I mean permanently...so I never have to see it again? On the Tools menu, click Options. On the Edit tab, clear the Show Paste Options buttons check box to never again see the Show Paste Options button on the worksheet. (Unless you go back and check it again, of course!) "Lexcellulose" wrote: > How do I get rid of the box showing 'fill down' options after I fill > down....and I mean permanently...so I never have to see it again? Thank You BoniM...it worked!! "BoniM&...

Administrative Tools
Windows XP SP3 machine. When logged in to a Windows Domain network with Power User privileges, all entries (shortcuts) in the Administrative Tools menu (Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools) do not work. Right clicking any entry and selecting Properties only shows General and Shortcut tabs. The Security tab is missing. The shortcut tab indicates the shortcut is invalid. When logged in as the local computer administrator, all Administrative Tools menu entries work properly. On other equally configured computers on the network and logged in as a network use...

OWA and Change Password Option #2
I have 2 mailbox stores on the same server. All mailboxes/users on the default mailbox store are able to see the change password option via owa. Users/mailboxes that reside in the 2nd store (on the same exchange server) are unable to see the password change option. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance, Shane ...

How to Remove the E-mail Accounts Option from the Tools Menu in Outlook 2002
The following Knowledge base describe how to remove the account option from the tools men in OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 242165 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;242165 I would like to do the same thing but in outlook 2002. basicaly, I want to set up pop e-mail accounts on client machines and disable any configueration changes by the user. thanks Use Windows Policies or use a custom installation of Outlook and select what options are available to end-users. Or, simply prevent the users from adding an Internet Account by disabling that opti...

Share Workbook is grayed out in the Tools menu
Why is "Share Workbook" grayed out? What do I need to do differently to use that function? I'm using MS Office Pro 2003 Is that option always greyed out? Or is just greyed out for this workbook? Start a new workbook and test it out. If it's always greyed out, you can try resetting that toolbar: Tools|Customize|toolbars tab select worksheet menu bar click Reset Did that work? Alicia wrote: > > Why is "Share Workbook" grayed out? What do I need to do differently to use > that function? I'm using MS Office Pro 2003 -- Dave Peterson I was able...

tool bars
I do not have any tool bars in Outlook 2002. I cannot receive or send mail. Can some one help me on how to get the tool bars back. Thanks Locate outcmd.dat and rename it to .old -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "sharonann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41f901c47fd4$d4d723c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I do not have any tool bars in Outlook 2002. I cannot > receive or send mail. Can some one help ...

How do I use exchange tools to identify who is sending virus from network
What tool can we use to help identify who is sending out virus email through our exchange server? We thought we had all computers protected, but it seems somehow they got in. We are trying to determine where the virus are originating from and not having much luck. Does anyone have any ideas on what tools could help with this? Thanks, Paul Stephenson Paul Stephenson wrote: > What tool can we use to help identify who is sending out virus email > through our exchange server? > > We thought we had all computers protected, but it seems somehow they > got in. We are trying to d...

Send Option not available in some installations
I am sure there is a simple solution here but I am to blind to see it. In my installation of Microsoft Office Premium (Outlook), when I click New, I get the send template. I type in my email, etc and when I go to send, (Since I have multiple accounts), I click on the down arrow on the right side of the send button to select the account to send from, and away it goes. On some other installs in the office with multiple accounts, the send button does not have this feature. Any idea how to turn that on? Confused as hell, Lee ...

stress / performance testing tool for Dynamics GP 10
Is there any stress / performance testing tool available for Dynamics GP 10? ------=_NextPart_0001_16D3B820 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. GP development may have special tools for creating or posting heavy GP activity, however we in support do not have access to them. As far as performance testing/troubleshooting, tools that test network latency and SQL performance are what we sometimes use for troubleshooting performance issues. These include SQL Profiler (built in with SQL) to create SQL traces and ensure there is ...

tools
I had to send an e-mail with read receipt option but now I cant remove it. I click on it but it stays. What do I do to remove so every e-mail i send doesnt ask for one? -- cc "ccbaker" <ccbaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D139C4A3-B2DE-43D9-8E16-7D04AE8D597D@microsoft.com... >I had to send an e-mail with read receipt option but now I cant remove it. >I > click on it but it stays. What do I do to remove so every e-mail i send > doesnt ask for one? > -- > cc Tools>options>receipts. -- Regards Steve. ...

changing tool tip at runtime
Hello, Is it possible to change the text of a tool tip of a toolbar button at runtime? Thanks, Vaclav Yes you can. You can use CToolBar::SetButtonText to change the tooltip of the toolbar button. AliR. "Vaclav" <no@spam.please> wrote in message news:O5IyCGExFHA.3112@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to change the text of a tool tip of a toolbar button at > runtime? > > Thanks, > Vaclav > > > Never mind, I was wrong! I thought that would do the trick. I am looking for a solution. AliR. "AliR" <AliR@onlin...

Error message when trying to access Tools, Options
I recently installed Office 97 on my new computer with WindowsXP. Everything works ok except that when I try to get access to the "Tools, Options" item on the Excel menu, I get an error message that says "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I am able to get access to that same menu item in other Office modules (like Word and Outlook), but it does not work in Excel. Has anyone encountered this or a similar problem and do you know how to fix it? I have tried reinstalling the program, but nothing helps it so far. Hi, This is a known bu...

Excell 2007 tool bar
Cannot find the tools on Excel 2007, I know it is there but I cannot find it. Help please, Thanks. Hi Bob See http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Bob from down under" <bobnospam@justmail.biz> wrote in message news:e0vgVDV7IHA.4108@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Cannot find the tools on Excel 2007, I know it is there but I cannot find > it. Help please, Thanks. > Thank you Ron! "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:uNDxIOV7IHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... ...

Tool bar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I note the standard toolbar does not include icons for "copy', "paste" or "cut". Does anyone know if these are available? i know about the shortcut keys but prefer to have the icons as well. Certainly, Clive - View> Customize Toolbars & Menus... You can add/remove/rearrange just about anything you want to whatever you wish - although it's generally recommended that you create your own Custom Toolbars rather than modifying those that are built-in. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] ...

ActiveX Option Boxes
I have a worksheet where I want the users to be able to choose from several options. If they choose a certain option, I want to reveal a second set of option boxes. I put in the first set (call them A,B,C&D) and the second set (1,2&3). I grouped and named each set and then put in VBA code so that when D is changed, the visible value of the second group is the same as D. However, when the user goes to pick 1,2 or 3, Excel doesn't recognize that these are a separate set of options, so by picking 1 for example, option D then gets unclicked and 2 & 3 disappear. I know that on a...

Option Button in form controls
How do i have group the option buttons so i can have two seperate entities? You can either put them frames, or set the GroupName property. -- HTH Bob "Pnoahjones" <Pnoahjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB7A47F2-7D41-4275-8E5A-315EB5DC6C3C@microsoft.com... > How do i have group the option buttons so i can have two seperate > entities? Hi, By default when you put an option button on the sheet it belongs to the 'worksheet' group. Put a group box on the sheet and put options buttons in that and they will belong t...

Purchasing options
For several items in my inventory, I cannot setup purchasing options - specifically, the UOM. These items appear to be setup exactly like others that have the UOM setup correctly. I can (and have) selected the correct UOM schedule in the item setup, but when I go into the Purchasing options window, I cannot select a "Default Purchasing UOM" - there is nothing in the list to select. I have compared all settings with those inventory items that have no problems, but I cannot see any differences. Thanks A couple of things you may have alresdy looked at.... Is the base uom i...

Return the "name box" to the tool bar.
The "name box" disappeared from the tool bar. The name box is ususally on the left end of the format tool bar. It allows the user to view the underlining formulas etc. as opposed to the data or answer displayed in the cell. One way: Tools/Customize. In the Toolbars pane, select Formatting toolbar (e.g., "Formatting" highlighted, not just the checkbox checked). Click Reset. In article <8E82A125-6086-4686-8E53-9F96823C083E@microsoft.com>, ^mike^ <^mike^@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The "name box" disappeared from the tool bar. Th...