tool for recover publisher file

i can't open a file made by publisher xp (.pub), i receive an error message
on opening it;
may anyone give me a suggestion or a good tool for recover it?
thanks

0
pa0l0 (2)

Could you just first tell us the error message Please...
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?

"paul" <pa0l0@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>i can't open a file made by publisher xp (.pub), i receive an error
>message
> on opening it;
> may anyone give me a suggestion or a good tool for recover it?
> thanks

0
Greentest1 (225)
1/18/2005 2:20:05 AM
"John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Could you just first tell us the error message Please...
> --

a generic error, can't open file, corrupt file! can i recover it? with which
tool?

thank you

0
pa0l0 (2)
1/18/2005 11:27:14 AM
Can you open it in safe mode?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> "John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Could you just first tell us the error message Please...
>> --
>
> a generic error, can't open file, corrupt file! can i recover it? with which
> tool?
>
> thank you

0
gsauer (5094)
1/18/2005 3:35:39 PM
What really is the actual error message?
If the file is corrupt the question may be .. Where is it stored?
If you are trying to open it from a floppy then you should NOT. You
should copy it to a local hard drive then let Pub try to open it.

And the answer to your question "Can I recover it?" is very likely. NO.
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?

"paul" <pa0l0@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "John G" <Greentest@ozemail.com.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Could you just first tell us the error message Please...
>> --
>
> a generic error, can't open file, corrupt file! can i recover it? with
> which
> tool?
>
> thank you

0
Greentest1 (225)

Mailbox Cleanup Tools
I would like you to try to find some tools that will allow me to apply per-mailbox and per-folder policies to our Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. For example, I'd like to be able to say: delete everything in everyone's deleted items folder older than 180 days. Also, delete everything in Joe Smith's inbox older than 90 days, but only delete things in Margre G's inbox older than 180 days. ...

Graphs in Other Files do not Update
Hi, I have a main file with graph (AP.xls) and several sub files with graphs that are linked to the main AP.xls file. The columns of the main file are in months and I often have to add new columns for a new month. I find that if I add new columns using copy => Insert copied cells (the column is inserted to the left of the column being copied), the graph within the AP.xls files is updated with the new column/month. HOWEVER, when i open the other sub files, they aren't updated. HOWEVER, if the sub files are opened together with the main AP.xls file, and I insert the new column, t...

csv file
How can I convert all the fields in CSV file to contain double quotation mark at each field? Thanks. Eric, You can use the Text Write Program at www.smokeylake.com. It has an option to put quote marks around all fields. Did you really shoot the sherriff? Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com " -00Eric Clapton" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:emBJfH13FHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How can I convert all the fields in CSV file to contain double quotation > mark at each field? Thanks. > ...

Regarding Reading XML Files in Visual C++6.0 using XMLDOMMethod.
Hi, While reading a 4.2 MB XML File in Visual C++ 6.0 using XMLDOM method, it is taking lot of time. But the same XML File when reading in Visual C# using Visual Studio 2005 is taking lesser time. How this Visual C++ 6.0 reading delay in XML can be avoided. ==========Suresh ...

Excel Files on the Web
Hi, I'm looking at setting up all our excel reporting on my company intranet. We have numerous excel based reports that we currently have on our server that we email out to users. However, we have a diverse user group who reside in many different locations. I'm just looking at any basic advice or software on how this can be achieved. Thanks. ...

Published with errors for one of two administrators
I am using 1.2 and having a problem with the deployment manager. I have two administrators, Adm1 and Adm2. Adm1 deployed CRM and installed the SQL server. We are using a copy of SBS 2003 that was upgraded from standard to premium. Adm2 has always been the domain admin, but was added to CRM after it was deployed. Both are Sales Pro licensed in CRM and have the System Administrator role. Problem: Adm1 and Adm2 can both customize the system, but only Adm1 can publish without errors. When Adm2 tries to publish, it publishes with errors, and has several loggings in event viewer, all ...

How to recover when Exchange 2000 install has been completely dele
1. Exchange install was located on a drive that were connected to a SAN. 2. SAN was removed and Exchange install has been removed. 3. No backup on Exchange install. Now we are left with just the stores. What can we do to restore Exchange without a backup and without the original install drive? Thanks in advance. As long as you have the stores and log files you can recover. Do an install of Exchange with the "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" and re-install Exchange. Once you do that you should be able to mount the old databases and re-connect the users to their mailboxes. "...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

Where is the .ost file ? Outlook 2003
I want to use the inbox repair tool. I did find the scanost and scanpst files in the "1033" folder on my HDD. I wanted to use the scanpst file to scan .ost as you can scan either file, but when I searched for the location --- ending in microsoft\outlook ---- there wa no .ost file. I also scanned my HDD for .ost could not find that extension. And I do run in cached mode. I did use the scanost, but also wanted to use the scanpst tool drill to the location of the .ost file, change the file extension and run. Thanks, Bob Did you check this directory? C:\Doc...

vanishing outlook folder and its files and emails
I had an Outlook 2002 folder with several files in it disappear. The folder, files and all the emails in the files vanished. When it happened, I believe I was clicking on the folder to collapse the files. I know I did not accidentally delete that folder and its files and emails because when deleting, one gets a message asking if you are sure you want to delete the folder and all its files. I did not get such a message, which would have notified me of an accidental delete. I checked all other folders, thinking I may have accidently moved the folder, but that wasn't the case e...

Intro Line when emailing publisher document
Hopefully I can make my question clear. I am wanting to take a pub doc. and send via email as part of the document, not as an attachment. I have no problem doing that. My question comes in when the email screen comes up. To, From, CC, or BCC. In the Pub 2002 version also listed is an Introduction Line where I am able to type text/paragraph that gets sent along with the email. My question is, my office mate for whatever reason has Publisher 2003. She does not have the Intro line included. How do we get the option to appear on her version. Hope my question is clear. -- Thank you...

File Size
I have a simple spreadsheet that started out 1.5 MB....then I started adding working sheets and VLOOKUP's.,....next thing I know it comes back saying 7 MB. I went back and copied, paste special, values of the results of the VLOOKUP, but still the file size did not go down. It should since I am virtually going back to the way it was in its 1.5 MB form. How can I reduce file size? Thanks for any advice...... Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Usually the cause of file bloat is that Excel thinks the file is bigger than it really is. Do this: You know the last...

Help
I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing my server. All I want to do is be able to find out how much storage is allocated for each user and how to change it. Why is that so goddam impossible? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:50:07 -0800, Old Fart <OldFart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on >the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing >my server. All I ...

cannot find copy design folder command under file menu #2
I want to Copy the design of a folder so that all the folders have same fields in same order such as priority,attachment from,subject etc On the outlook 2003 help menu it gives following steps to copy design of folder however my problem is that under folders on file menu I cannot see click Copy Folder Design. the command is "copy floder name is given & if I use this command whole folder is copied & not the design Help menu text is as follows "On the Go menu, click Folder List. In the Folder List, click the folder you want to copy. On the File menu, point to Folder, ...

Where are the tools?
I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration Tools. I all the CD's for Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and can't seem to find the admin tools on any CD. Can anyone point me to the right location? to install the ESM, you run setup from the CD, and select to install only the ESM... "JohnD" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B68254B5-73EB-40D2-AF2F-43A8ECACE72E@microsoft.com... > I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration > Tools. I all the CD's for Win...

Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher Yes. Ctrl+T. You cannot make the text partially transparent. The text box can only be semitransparent in Publisher 2002 or 2003, and this does not always print correctly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks Ed, I tried that & it not quite what Im after. In microsoft word you can make the fill of a text box semi transparent. This is good for instance if you hav...

There's no "read only" popup for files already open
I hope this is the correct place to post this message. Any help would be really appreciated. I have multiple .xls files shared on a Windows 2003 Server machine. The "this file is read only" popup doesn't appear when a user opens a file already open by another user. The user has no idea the file is already open until they try to save, and then it says "you can save this locally...." How can I make this functionality available? Thanks. -lp ...

How do I recover a prior version of a saved document?
I had two documents open and somehow, one document was saved to both file names. Now I have two documents with the same data and I am missing all the data from one of the documents. It's like I hit "file" "save as" and saved one document under another documents name. I did not do that but what has happened is the same result. I do not have either file backed up to disk. I only had them on the hard drive. I am using Office XP and my documents are in Excel. I would appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you. I doubt even file restore software or hi...

CreateFile and directories/files with spaces in them
Hello, CreateFile appears to have problems with some directory names and file names that have spaces in them. Is there a work around for this? Thanks, Pete What are you passing to CreateFile? AliR. "a6a21487" <no_mail@no_address.non> wrote in message news:WPw1f.9455$yS6.705@clgrps12... > Hello, > > CreateFile appears to have problems with some directory names > and file names that have spaces in them. Is there a work around > for this? > > Thanks, > > Pete > AliR wrote: > What are you passing to CreateFile? > > AliR. The CreatFi...

Recovered document
Version: 2008 Yesterday my computer was restarted and one of the word documents wasn't saved.i can not find that document now.In my Windows XP it would automatically pop up when i would open the Word program, but in Mac it doesn't.I've tried so far to look in File/open.../documents/microsoft user data/Office 2008 autorecovery, but no result....help me please If the document had never been saved there is nothing to be recovered. In order for the AutoRecover feature to kick in [Mac or PC] the file must have been saved at least once. Even then, the feature is not 100% reliabl...

Backing up Outlook files
How can Outlook folders and e-mails be backed up and retrieved in case of a need to restore or to move to a new PC (in the case of replacing an existing PC)? Thank you I find the simplest way is to locate my *.pst files in My Documents and then they get backed up with everything else on my normal backup routine (changes daily, global weekly). For a one time case, or if you don't want to schedule it, just make a copy of the outlook.pst, mailbox.pst, and archive.pst (and any other .pst you want to save) and put it on another PC or on the server or wherever you want to save it. Be caref...

Updated Calendar Tool (No Macros)
Hi Group, This yearly calendar tool allows users to choose years from 1900 to 2400. Pretty challenging task to do this using spreadsheet programming rather than macro programming. http://www.techronology.com/index.php?pageID=004002&prodID=tool001 Thanks, Alex ...

restore .ost file created in different exchange profile
Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from an .ost file created by a different user in a different domain name, please? OST files are linked to the mailbox/profile for which they were created. If you've got an orphaned one, you can't open it - you will need to google OST2PST (an old utility that may still be floating around) and try to run it against the file (make a backup copy first). Or see www.exchangerecovery.com - I know it works, but it's $$$. hughie wrote: > Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from > an .ost file created by a di...

Money 98 backup file
I no longer have my computer that had Money 98 on it. I saved my Money 98 backup file. My new computer does not have any version of money or quicken so I'm contemplating buying the new Money 2004. If I buy Money 2004, will I be able to EASILY restore my money 98 file into money 2004? Thank you Fred Theoretically, yes. A Money 98 backup file can be converted to the current version. I cannot, however, account for the media you've stored the file on. I would suggest downloading the trial version first from www.microsoft.com/money and see if it will convert. "Fred" <...

Administrative Tools
Windows XP SP3 machine. When logged in to a Windows Domain network with Power User privileges, all entries (shortcuts) in the Administrative Tools menu (Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools) do not work. Right clicking any entry and selecting Properties only shows General and Shortcut tabs. The Security tab is missing. The shortcut tab indicates the shortcut is invalid. When logged in as the local computer administrator, all Administrative Tools menu entries work properly. On other equally configured computers on the network and logged in as a network use...