Tiling inPublisher

I have a document and when I try to print it the page setup is 'tiled' and it
prints on 4 different pages, how do I remove the tile page setup so that the
document just prints out on one sheet?

It is possible that you have created your document on a paper size that is
not supported by your printer.  Try changing your paper size to 8 1/2 by 11
and see if the print options are more to your liking.

"Courtney" <Courtney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a document and when I try to print it the page setup is 'tiled' and
>it
> prints on 4 different pages, how do I remove the tile page setup so that
> the
> document just prints out on one sheet?

0
BK

how to repeat print single tile of multiple tile poster?
in publisher one tile of multiple tile poster failed to print (ran out of ink). how do I print only the tile that missing? Other than complete (20 sheet) print run. There is no easy way of doing this. Take a look at print preview to determine what tile you need to print. Create rectangles around the areas you don't want to print, fill with white, no line. Keep checking print preview to be sure you are covering the correct tiles. You will end up printing 20 pages, but only one will use ink. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "billyb." <billyb.@discus...

Can I tile worksheets within a workbook, like one tiles workbooks.
It would often be very convenient to have two or more sheets from the same workbook displayed at the same time (tiled). One can do this with workbooks, but I cant seem to find a way to do it with worksheets within a workbook. Window>New window. Tile these and one set up with one sheet and one another. Two views of the same file. To close, close one window with the 'close' button, maximise the remaining one and save -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Tovarish_Dad" <Tovarish_Dad@discussions.mi...

tile window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) does anyone know how to tile microsoft word windows vertically on an osx The closest you will come is Word>Window>Arrange All. Then fiddle them manually. Otherwise, you need an AppleScript: http://www.macosxhints.com/comment.php?mode=view&cid=96187 Or a utility: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/windowtiles.html Cheers On 23/05/10 10:15 AM, in article 59bb8dd9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "aprilgsims@officeformac.com" <aprilgsims@officeformac.com> wrote: &...

How do I get a page reduced to print on one page instead of tiles #2
-- Julia ...

Tiling inPublisher
I have a document and when I try to print it the page setup is 'tiled' and it prints on 4 different pages, how do I remove the tile page setup so that the document just prints out on one sheet? It is possible that you have created your document on a paper size that is not supported by your printer. Try changing your paper size to 8 1/2 by 11 and see if the print options are more to your liking. "Courtney" <Courtney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF0281F6-C495-49FE-84C5-8F2C93445D02@microsoft.com... >I have a document and when I t...

Money 2006 still does not tile or cascade
Isn't this app made by the same company that sells Windows. Not all WinApps must use MDI. The last version of Money that used MDI was, IIRC, Mv3 prior to M95. Heck, even Word doesn't use MDI anymore. Too few people could understand it. "PAPutzback" <phillip_putzback@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:1128710346.616876.298560@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Isn't this app made by the same company that sells Windows. > MDI? "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:eh0J8%23$yFHA.2516@TK2MSF...

Hyperlinks Between Tile Windows
I have one workbook open with two sheets shown in tile windows (sheet 1 on the left and sheet 2 on the right). I have hyperlinks in sheet 1 that take me to specific locations on sheet 2, however when I press the hyperlink the window on the left (sheet one) changes to a view of sheet 2. (So at this point, I have two tile windows open looking at sheet 2). Are there any settings that I can change that will get the hyperlink work in the window that already has sheet 2 open? (I am using Excel 2003, and had it working earlier. However, I opened a file that I created at work with Excel 200...

Tile windows
Where can I get source code that can tile windows on the screen? I cannot use TileWindows API as the windows I need to tile are top level windows that belong to different processes. I would start by getting the system metrics of the screen (size) then just position the windows using SetWindowPos(). Tom "Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58BBDA9A-3659-43DD-B16A-E61529483B53@microsoft.com... > Where can I get source code that can tile windows on the screen? I cannot > use > TileWindows API as the windows I need to tile are top level w...

How do I control tile printing?
Being a former PageMaker user, I'm having trouble understanding Publisher. In Pagemaker, if I wanted to print a page sized graphic at 250%, I'd pull the zero point to four different places on the original graphic, print four different 8-1/2 x 11 pages and be done. I can't figure out how to adjust the tile starting points. When I print, it only prints one corner of the original. HELP. I miss my PageMaker. You are talking about a $700 (InDesign) product as compared to Publisher's $100 average price. Of course PageMaker will have more powerful tools. That said, what a...

Has anyone here developed a tile-based game with MFC?
I am developing a hexagonal tile based game. If anyone else has and is willing to give me some advice, please let me know. It will be very much appreciated. My biggest struggle is the View class and the converting of pixels to row and column coords and vice versa. Not sure what the question is here. If it is one of geometry, e.g., given an x,y coodinate pair from the mouse, given that you have drawn the hxagons, you know the coordinates you used. Therefore, it is simple geometry to determine if the mouse is within the area defined by the coordinates.My own inclination would be as a side-...

Tiling Problem
I have Office 2010 and have had the same problem in 2007, 2003 and XP. It has also been a problem with 3 different printers. I have a poster I print up on a regular basis and have a printer that prints edge to edge. I have printed with normal borders and edge to edge with the same problem. It skips printing the gaps between pages. There are missing sections and the pages do not match up properly, requiring manual filling in or smoothing of the gaps. An annoyance with black printing, but a problem with color. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks. Mike D. Look for a newer printer driver. -- ...

Window Tiling
I have only noticed this since Money 2007 SP1 and IE7. If the Money program window is open, and if I have some other program window open, and if I right click on the bottom bar and select Tile Windows, nothing happens. If Money is minimized, tiling is normal. If multiple windows are open, the non-Money windows seem to tile, but the Money window does not change, remaining in the foreground or background as it was before the tiling operation. Has anyone else noted this? --ron Ron: I regret that I don't have a solution, but I wanted you to know I am experiencing the exact tiling prob...

CListView + grouping + tiling = ????
does anyone have an example/sample of using grouping and tiling in a Clistvew ? I'm buggered if i can get it to work. TIA bg ...

Force windows to tile programatically
When a certain window is opened in my application I need to tile the new window along with the currently opened windows. I have a menu command to tile the windows so I tried to mimic it, by: CWnd *pMainFrame = AfxGetMainWnd(); pMainFrame->PostMessage(ID_WINDOW_TILE_VERT); nothing happens. Also I tried SendMessage. I've tried this in my frame and view, but no changes. Any help would be appreciated, jon "jon" <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message news:eEUbwVdJFHA.3528@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > When a certain window is opened in my application I need t...

Banner Tile Overlapping
How do I know how much Tile overlapping when printing a banner? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from hothaven3 <hothaven3@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > How do I know how much Tile overlapping when printing a banner? Check out Tile Printing Options in the Print dialog. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

tiled printing
I am working on a poster (11x17), and when I go to print, it shows the "print preview" in 4 panels of 8.5x11, rathern than 11x17. I have set the page size to 11x17, and selected that size paper...so I'm stumped. Do a page setup for 11 x 17. Create your publication. File, print, it is in this screen you need to setup. There is a print preview here. It will preview and print correctly from this screen. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

tiled worksheets
Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the tabs. All suggestions are appreciated. Hi rekoop Window >Arrange in the Menu Bar -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2205601c45d3c$e340eb40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am > contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the tabs. > > All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks Ron, but... Does this only arrange open workbooks?...

Tile windows
I seem to remember being able to tile or cascade several worksheets o the Excel window. I tried searching for it in Excel 2003 and Exce "help" said to right click in the taskbar. So, I right clicked on th taskbar and all I got was the Toolbar list. I got the same answe online. Does anybody know how to do this? Thank -- burnsbyrn ----------------------------------------------------------------------- burnsbyrne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2215 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39827 I'm g...

tiling dialogs(urgent)
hello, just like we can tile the MDI child windows in our application can we write code for tiling the dialog boxes opened in parent dialog boxes?I thought of deriving our child dialog class from CFrameWnd.But then we have to tile them on clicking a menu option which then has to written in OnInitDialog() of CDialogDlgi.e the parent class. please guide if i am proceeding in proper way? Pursue creating CFormViews inside of child windows instead. CFormView behaves very much like a dialog, except that it is designed to be the client-consuming child of a frame window, which can easi...

sizing and printing a tiled file
I want the printed file to fill up the tiled pages like they appear on the screen when the file is saved. In Publisher 2003 you could figure your printed file covered the pages like they appeared on screen and as shown on print preview. In 2007 I tried to fill a poster with a picture, but both the print preview and printed files leave a very large border aroung the picture. Adjusting the margin and overlap settings makes no difference. What can I do. Thanks. I've never created a poster in 2007, but now that I have I can see your problem. My suggestion would be to convert the publi...

MDI cascade and tile
Hi. I have an MDI application (3 templates: network, screens and automation) one of the document is an MDI itself, hence it has few views ... If I call the default MDICascade function, all my windows are cascade, whilst I want only the screen template's view to be cascaded. I need to override the function my self, but I dont want to call parent MDICascade, and I dont have the code it uses(the parent MDIFrameWnd). What can I do in order to cascade part of my views ? 10x, Janiv. Unfortrunately, you are left with doing your own geometry, as far as I know. joe On Thu, 20 May 2004 1...

Unwanted Tiled pages in Publisher 2007
Every document/flier I create in Publisher 2007 that is above 8.5” x 11” page size is being tiled and I want it to be just the single page in the size I have selected 11" x 17". I have just tried to follow instructions from a previous post "Choose File, print, re-set the page size to 11 x 17 on this screen" but I do not have the option of choosing 11x17 or "tabloid" as it's called in the Blank Page Sizes Window. Would someone please help me with this? I have used the "publish as PDF" add-on as suggested in a previous postings as well, in an a...

CListCtrl Tile View
I'm trying to use the CListCtrl's tile view option in MFC under XP, but the documentation for this is woefully inadequate. Can anyone point me to some sample code that shows how to use this? Specifically, I'd like to know the following: - What does the "cColumns" and "puColumns" fields in the LVITEM struct mean when applied to a tile view? Do they include the icon as a column? - The LVTILEVIEWINFO's dwMask field can contain LVTVIM_COLUMNS; does this mean that the cLines field is used? Does it refer to columns or lines of text? - How does one specify sep...

Publisher Printing/Tiles
How do I change my print options so that my document prints on one page? Right now, it is set up to print on 4 pages, and I want to change that. When I work in the program, my document looks like; it is when I got to print preview that I realize it is on 4 pages. Thanks for the help. What size is your stock and your document? Do a print setup first, File, print setup. If your publication is a custom size, setup your printer for that size stock. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Teacher_in_Training" <Teacher_in_Training@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Printing only shows tiles
How to I get from tiles back to a single page? How is your page setup? Have you setup your printer for the size publication you are trying to print? Are you certain you are selecting the correct orientation, landscape or portrait? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lar" <Lar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1D1248A-E714-4E4A-91F3-D1CDA38F3CCF@microsoft.com... > How to I get from tiles back to a single page? ...