tiled printing

I am working on a poster (11x17), and when I go to print, it shows the "print
preview" in 4 panels of 8.5x11, rathern than 11x17.  I have set the page size
to 11x17, and selected that size paper...so I'm stumped.

0
Lisa1 (290)

Do a page setup for 11 x 17.

Create your publication.

File, print, it is in this screen you need to setup. There is a print preview
here. It will preview and print correctly from this screen.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on a poster (11x17), and when I go to print, it shows the "print
> preview" in 4 panels of 8.5x11, rathern than 11x17.  I have set the page size
> to 11x17, and selected that size paper...so I'm stumped.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/18/2008 6:54:07 PM
When I choose "file, print" this screen also shows it as "tiled" in the
preview box.  I tried starting over - I still get the same thing.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do a page setup for 11 x 17.
>
> Create your publication.
>
> File, print, it is in this screen you need to setup. There is a print preview
> here. It will preview and print correctly from this screen.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am working on a poster (11x17), and when I go to print, it shows the "print
> > preview" in 4 panels of 8.5x11, rathern than 11x17.  I have set the page size
> > to 11x17, and selected that size paper...so I'm stumped.

0
Lisa1 (290)
1/18/2008 9:38:00 PM
Did you re-setup your printer for tabloid (11 x 17)? You should have the option
of one sheet in the print dialogue.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> When I choose "file, print" this screen also shows it as "tiled" in the
> preview box.  I tried starting over - I still get the same thing.
> Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do a page setup for 11 x 17.
>>
>> Create your publication.
>>
>> File, print, it is in this screen you need to setup. There is a print preview
>> here. It will preview and print correctly from this screen.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am working on a poster (11x17), and when I go to print, it shows the
>> >"print
>> > preview" in 4 panels of 8.5x11, rathern than 11x17.  I have set the page
>> > size
>> > to 11x17, and selected that size paper...so I'm stumped.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

I design my drawing check print preview when i print it is only i.
I create a drawing in visio print review shows full page when i print it only prints the center of the drawing ...

how do I print portrait on the front and landscape on the back
I am trying to print a word document on both sides with portrait on the front and landscape on the back. Three comments here: 1. I don't think this is a Word issue but printer. 2. Does the printer do duplex (double-sided) printing? Check the printer manual for instruction on how to set up the printer to do this, or how to do it manually. 3. Are you saying that the landscape page is not printing in landscape but cut off along the right side of the page? Check the printer driver settings for something along the lines of 'autorotate'. Check your printer manual or conta...

Excel Printing #9
I have an Excel worksheet I want to print continuously on a banner sheet. It is larger than legal size and I can't get this to print without a page break. ...

Cell-setting not to print
How do I set a cell to be able to see it, and change it, but for it not to print when I print the work sheet? You could hide the row/column. Or format the cell with a custom format of ";;;" (don't use the quotes) Or give it the same font color as the fill color. Then change it back when you're done printing. And as a macro: How about giving your range a range name ("hideme"???) then in the workbook_beforeprint event, you can format the range as ;;;. This hides the contents. Then print, then change it back to whatever it was. I chose "general" fo...

how to repeat print single tile of multiple tile poster?
in publisher one tile of multiple tile poster failed to print (ran out of ink). how do I print only the tile that missing? Other than complete (20 sheet) print run. There is no easy way of doing this. Take a look at print preview to determine what tile you need to print. Create rectangles around the areas you don't want to print, fill with white, no line. Keep checking print preview to be sure you are covering the correct tiles. You will end up printing 20 pages, but only one will use ink. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "billyb." <billyb.@discus...

emails do not print correctly
I have never had trouble printing emails before, but for some reason they have started printing halfway down the page. I can't find any option that would affect this, and it seems to relate only to Outlook as my Word documents print out as they should. As far as I know, nothing has changed since I last printed from Outlook. Any suggestions? It's irritating and wasteful to have a one-page email print across two pages! Many thanks. (apologies if this appears twice, I had trouble posting the first time) ...

Can I tile worksheets within a workbook, like one tiles workbooks.
It would often be very convenient to have two or more sheets from the same workbook displayed at the same time (tiled). One can do this with workbooks, but I cant seem to find a way to do it with worksheets within a workbook. Window>New window. Tile these and one set up with one sheet and one another. Two views of the same file. To close, close one window with the 'close' button, maximise the remaining one and save -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Tovarish_Dad" <Tovarish_Dad@discussions.mi...

Printed Quote
Curious is anyone has any samples of a printed quote using SRS? What other options for printed quotes are there? Hi, Our Advanced quote and order processing module allows you to quickly and easily create and print quotes in Microsoft CRM. Regards, David Smooha 516 609-5010 http://www.dynamicscrmaddons.com/AdvancedQuotes.asp "dmn8" wrote: > Curious is anyone has any samples of a printed quote using SRS? > > What other options for printed quotes are there? ...

Save data before printing
Hello all, An acquiantence is programming in Excel 2003 and has a sheet where theuser enters receipt data. When he is done, he clicks a boton to copythe data from the sheet to another in tabular form withinthe same workbook. What he needs to do is to implement a lock so that the user can't print out the receipt until after he has clicked the boton. His button click event code is the following: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Copy data to BD2 sheet Sheets("BD2").Unprotect With Sheets("BD2").Range("A1000&qu...

AxWebBrowser printing
How to print with AxWebBrowser but not with ExecWB ?? Regards, Mystique why you can not use ExecWB? You can also queryinterface for IOleCommandTarget and call IOleCommandTarget::Exec. ExecWB basically does the same. "Mystique" <misic@softhome.net> д���ʼ� news:OI$Pfo9BGHA.3876@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How to print with AxWebBrowser but not with ExecWB ?? > > Regards, > Mystique > > ...

Printing a single envelop
When I used Outlook and Word 2000 I am pretty sure I could print an envelop from within Outlook. I then upgraded to Outlook 2003 but did not upgrade Word and lost that capability. I now hove Office Pro 2007 and cannot find the way to print an envelop from the contact page in Outlook. Is it there somewhere? Did I imagine the capability in the 2000 s/w. (Maybe it was Act!.) Thanks it was never a direct feature of outlook. The most you could do was new letter to contact which was removed from outlook 2007 - that allowed you to create an envelope. create an address card view that ...

Not Printing Totals on Invoices
Invoices only print "[total]" for total at bottom, even though real numbers show up on the screen. E-mail help from Microsoft has proven useless--they have suggested using a different template, printing landscape instead of portrait, exporting/importing, repairing the file, etc., though none of those things has helped. Until now I was using IE 6.0.29x, but after reading things on this board, I upgraded to 7--still no change. Just bought the software recently, made no changes to it and have used it only lightly. Ideas??? ...

Printing on Brother MFC 210C out of Publisher 2000 (2002)
I just aquired a Brother multi printer MFC 210C. When printing from Publisher 2000 as well as XP, any quality settings are being totally ignored - Fine, Normal, Fast Normal, Fast. Everything gets printed at the same quality setting; looks to me like Normal? Publisher is the only one with the problem, all other apps are doing fine. I have contacted Brother, but they say it's Microsofts problem. But it looks like, it's mine. Thanks dirke Publisher has no printer issues. Brother is definitely pulling your leg. If you can set the quality in any other Office program then you can to do...

Macro to print to non-default printer
OK, this has me completely stymied. I have made macros to send print jobs to different printers around the office - my default printer, a large printer for massive jobs, and another printer for medium sized jobs. Two of them work, one I can't get to work and it's driving me crazy. I'm on Word 2007. I created all three the same way - record macro, then just went through the steps of clicking on the Office button, selecting print, manually selecting the printer I want, hit print, end recording. They work fine. The third gives me "printer error" every tim...

"print labels from outlook"
How do I print labels from outlook contacts. I am trying to use a catagoory called "holidays" as a filter and therefore print some address to avery labels There are countless Help Files and online sites to help you with this. They are version specific. We don't know your version. Do some searching on your own. Start here: http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm -- Russ Valentine "Zamocks" <Zamocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA0CFBCB-0E47-4DFF-96B6-A7BB5D756D76@microsoft.com... > How do I print labels from outloo...

Print Customer Statement (or similar report) w/o closing billing c #2
Print Customer Statement (or similar report) w/o closing billing cycle Is there a way to print a customer statement or similar report before closing billing cycle? None of the reports available would show/print a statement. Anyideas or suggestions? Thanks In Manager go to journal menu and choose Close Billing cycle. On the screen that pops up select Reprint Customer Statement in the Option box at the top. This will allow you to print a statement by date range without closing the cycle. It will warn you that you are closing the cycle but it really isn't when you just reprint so you c...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

tile window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) does anyone know how to tile microsoft word windows vertically on an osx The closest you will come is Word>Window>Arrange All. Then fiddle them manually. Otherwise, you need an AppleScript: http://www.macosxhints.com/comment.php?mode=view&cid=96187 Or a utility: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/windowtiles.html Cheers On 23/05/10 10:15 AM, in article 59bb8dd9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "aprilgsims@officeformac.com" <aprilgsims@officeformac.com> wrote: &...

how do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt for customer.
We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations. How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the customer signature? I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related to it. We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately. I don't see any options related to turning it off. SO Manager Database/Registers/Receipt Formats Open the Receipt Format Click "Properties" for the "Sales" template There's an attribute called "Show C.C. Signature" - set that to false....

Printing...
I have created a SDI MFC project that draws a text report to the client window. When I try to print the text report output to my printer, the printed text is very very small. How can I enlarge the text when I want to print it to a printer? Thanks, RAB_Missouri RAB_Missouri, I'll save you the "Johan Rosengren monthly 23 Mb long post on differences in resolution between printer and screen" :-))), and just briefly recommend you to either get the resolution of the output display (be it screen or printer) and scale the output yourself, or - if you only draw text - use CreatePoint...

With printer that has both side printing ability, how do I get a.
I am using a printer that can print front and back sides. How should I set up 2 xcell docuents to be side 1 and side 2 on the same sheet of paper. ...

printing 2 charts on single page

print labels
Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? Thanks, Andre Not really, use mailmerge with Word http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Andre" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:OWveirddGHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? > > Thanks, Andre > I have my names in Excel going across fname lname street etc. I then open Word and use mail wizard and follow it and give the excel file as its source Works great ...

Print Excel Comment in the same sheet
Dear All, I have a 5 paged Excel file and on 2nd page I have a comment which I want to be printed on the bottom of 2nd page. But when I set the page properties as "print at the end of sheet", the comment is printed on a seperate sheet... Is there anything to solve this issue Regards/Fuad ...

Printing bullets
I am trying to print labels using publisher and it will not print the bullets in my label. It prints everything else but not the bullets. Can anyone help me fix this? You should state the version of Publisher and Windows you are using. Maybe try a different font? Just to see if it's font related. Or, could be a printer driver problem. See if there is an update on your printer driver or try another printer. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in the Americas! "Jenn" <jlinares@honeybakedeast.com> wrote in message ...