thick stock legal sized paper printing... How?

I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper...
could anyone please advise how to do so?
0
Myiatrou (2)

Do you want legal as the default? What version Publisher? 2007 is a little
trickier.
Are you setting up your printer to legal first and then the page setup?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Myiatrou" <Myiatrou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper...
> could anyone please advise how to do so?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/9/2007 4:34:16 PM
In the page setup (properties) I click on thick stock and the paper size goes
back to 8x11 (standard).  I go back and forth and if I click on legal size,
it goes back to normal paper (not thick stock)

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you want legal as the default? What version Publisher? 2007 is a little
> trickier.
> Are you setting up your printer to legal first and then the page setup?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Myiatrou" <Myiatrou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper...
> > could anyone please advise how to do so?

0
Myiatrou (2)
6/9/2007 11:19:00 PM
Try setting your printer up for this publication in the control panel. Just be
sure to set it back to letter when you are finished.

Have you looked on the manufacturer's web site for an updated driver? What model
printer do you have?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> In the page setup (properties) I click on thick stock and the paper size goes
> back to 8x11 (standard).  I go back and forth and if I click on legal size,
> it goes back to normal paper (not thick stock)
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do you want legal as the default? What version Publisher? 2007 is a little
>> trickier.
>> Are you setting up your printer to legal first and then the page setup?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Myiatrou" <Myiatrou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper...
>> > could anyone please advise how to do so?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Portfolio Manager stock chart
Hi, Since a few days, I can't get a stock chart when I click its icon in Portfolio Manager. Does anyone know why? Thanks, ...

ON 07: Huge File Size
I have a section in ON 07 with about 7 pages. Most have very little on them. There are 2 or 3 screen clips and several items that were pasted. When I check Windows Explorer it shows the section is 52MB (MEGA, not kilo)! This seemed impossible to me, so I saved it as a pdf file. As a pdf file, it is 804KB (KILO)! This seems like the right size. I have WinXP (sp3)-- if it matters. What is happening here? David What size are the pasted files? And how large (would you estimate) the screen clippings are? -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://...

One part of my border won't print
I am trying to print some invitations and the right side of my border will not print. It is on my print preview screen, but will not print. It is the same distance from the edge of the page as the other three borders. I have even tried just moving it WAY to far inside, and it still won't print. I have tried everything with no success. Please someone help. Is it the entire right side or just a portion? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Rob Drummond" <RobDrummond@discussions.microsoft.c...

Am I being thick?
I'm neither an expertin C++ nor MFC programming, but the following lines of code seems straight foward, but returns with an error 2100: illegal indirection. // create new CReference object CReference *p_reference = (CReference*) new CReference; // copy from addreference that belongs to a dialog *p_reference = (CReference)adddia.addreference; // sets internal integer value of p_reference., but causes a compilation error *p_reference->m_iID = 1; If it makes a different, p_reference is later inserted into a COBArray I actually managed to get round it doing adddia.addreferen...

Money 2004 Stock price updates
When asking Money 2004 to update stock prices, it says it is updating and the date of last update is correct but the stock prices never change. We have internet connection through our cable provider. When I look at the connection screen it says there is not a dial-up connection but the default shows as our old dial up group. However, the default is a gray shade so I am not sure it is active. How do I check this and/or what do I do? Thanks so much. I am having a problem with Money 2004's portfolio update, too. I just installed it and entered portfolio data yesterday. I fou...

how to copy old price data onto new stock list if match exists?
I have an old price list which i want to use to populate the new price list. The new stock list has some items the same - some are missing, some new items are added. How can i copy the price field for the items on the old stock list that match the new list? I cant figure out where to look on help. The lists are in excel. Julian, Use VLOOKUP() to find a the old price for those items that previously exisited. Assume: Old price list has Part # in ColA, Price in ColE Sort old price list by Part # Assume: New price list has Part # in ColA, Price in ColG In new price list G2 enter =...

record merger (cash and stock)
How would I record a merger where the concideration is going to be about an 80/20 stock/cash transaction? The cash piece is fairly easy in that it is a sell and will be subject to capital gains tax. The stock conversion however is not, so the cost basis of this stock is still going to be what it was for the aquired company. In microsoft.public.money, JR wrote: >How would I record a merger where the concideration is going to be about an >80/20 stock/cash transaction? The cash piece is fairly easy in that it is a >sell and will be subject to capital gains tax. The stock c...

Receipt Paper Cut for Credit Card
My printer is set to automatically cut the receipt after it prints. This works great, except we are always manually tearing the receipt when a credit card is used, because RMS just generates 1 long receipt. We are using a Windows print driver. Any suggestions on how to get RMS to print credit card receipts as 2 files so the printer will automatically cut it? Thanks/Eric Eric, What model and brand of receipt printer? For a Star Micronics printer, go into the printer properties, I think its the advanced tab, set the cut action to Partial Cut/Partial Cut. Don't sell any others, Star...

how do I view how a stock has performed between dates?
The "performance view" is great, but how do I get something that shows the appreciation and income between 2 dates? The only choice is the "as of" date. Thanks I assume you are in Portfolio Manager. If you go into reports and chose any performance report, it allows you to enter whatever date range you choose. "Tim Zych" wrote: > The "performance view" is great, but how do I get something that shows the > appreciation and income between 2 dates? The only choice is the "as of" > date. > > Thanks > > > Thanks. ...

Printing Issues
I have a spreadsheet and have setup and checked all of the print areas for each tab within it. I host a link to the spreadsheet from an intranet site and have noticed that when the link is opened the spreadsheet opens in a browser window. When you then try to print any of the pages from the spreadsheet all of the print properties have been removed as I pressume that it prints from the browser settings and not the settings that have been created within Excel. Has anyone got any ideas to keep the print properties of the spreadsheet. Kind regards Johnny It sure looks like opening exc...

multiple charts similar size?
Hi, I have created several charts in excel, however, how can I adjust the size such that all the charts have exactly the sime size? I can do it by hand, but then you still see differences. Is there an easy trick for this? Thanks. Raoul Hi, If it is the chart objects that you want sizing then you can use the Select Arrow from the drawing toolbar to select all the charts and then via the Format Object dialog set the size. If it's plotarea size then vba code is the only way to get the sizes the same. Cheers Andy raoulreulen@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have created seve...

Are there any downloads for a A P A term paper format
Are there any downloads for a A P A format for term papers on line or a website On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:46:00 -0800, Startinglate <Startinglate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are there any downloads for a A P A format for term papers on line or a website Well, the "forms" in this newsgroup's name refer to programmable data entry screens in Microsoft Access databases. I don't think you'll find what you want here. Try finding the APA's website if they have one (I have no idea what APA means). John W. Vinson [MVP] "Startinglate"...

Font Size - Screen OK
I am using Windows 2000 with XP Home SP2 and HP Laserjet 1012. I also use a 20" Dell LCD and the most comfortable Outlook setting for screen fonts is 12 point Verdana. Trouble is my emails also print at 12 point which is a little too large. 10 point would be better for printing. So, how do I decouple screen font size from print font size? I have looked at all sorts of setting but can't figure how to do this one. Just tried a little experiment. I printed the same message in Outlook and Outlook Express. The Outlook Express print looked "normal" at about 10 poi...

Thickness of error bars
I want to combine a histogram with an xy graph, but the onl possibilities are either to combine a bar-graph with a line graph or t combine an xy-graph with y-error bars. Neither is very good for my purpose, but the latter is the least bad and I try to improve by chosing the thickest possible line for th error bar. I wonder if it were possible to make those errorbars eve broader - perhaps as broad as a histogram bar? NS -- ns ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2650 View thi...

Excel97
Please help, A client of mine is having issues with Excel 97. User one creates a workbook, and manually enters header information (Date as text), and saves the document to the server. User two opens the workbook, but when printing, or print previewing, does not get the manually updated header info. Instead, she gets a previous version of the header info, and the drop down list shows the info that should be there. Any help on resolution would be appreciated. KB and all other resources have been exhausted. I am at my wits end. Thanks, David ...

Printing multiple worksheets on one page #2
I have four worksheets that I'd like to print as a one-fold landscape booklet. This means I need to print two worksheets on one side of a page, but I can't figure out a way to do this within Excel (PC v2002, btw). Is this possible, preferably without VB? Excel will not do this on its own. You would have to copy/paste, unto one sheet, what you want printed on one landscape page, then print it. Of course, VBA can be used to do the copying/pasting and printing. HTH Otto "Ben :Dillon" <Ben :Dillon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9576E8CF-DA24-46...

Border Thickness
With 2003, how can I reduce the point size of cell borders? In a form I created, the bottom border is the underline for the cell, and it is too thick in comparison with the underline function. I don't think you can. The only things I can suggest are to change the border to a dotted line or to change the colour of it to perhaps a pale grey. In either case, the border is less obvious. -- Ian -- "mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:OZBcF9iGHHA.3468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > With 2003, how can I reduce the point size of cell borders? In a form I &...

printing page through XSLT doc

Outlook 2000 & Printing Pictures
I have Outlook 2000 and XP Home and when I try to print an email, it doesn't print the pictures. I have Internet Exploer SP2, and XP SP2. I checked and windows can't find any additional updates to install on my computer. How do I get pictures to print ? Thanks, Pete Are you able to print pictures from internet explorer without any problems "Peter" <petercritic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1145303760.169816.97000@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I have Outlook 2000 and XP Home and when I try to print an email, it > doesn't print the pictures. I have ...

What's the file size limit for importing excel sheet data into CRM ?
Dear All, I have a client who wants to import huge amounts of data into the CRM database. I would like to know the file size limit for Excel sheets for importing data. 1. Total size of import ( if any ) 2. Limit of file size every time a file is imported . -- Thanks and Regards Mohit Jairath 91 - 9818375383 " Hard work conquers all " Dont know if there is a hard limit however I have imported 25000 records or a 25000 line csv file with no issues ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "shareaburger" <mohit...

Size of mail to download
Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system. I want to tell Outlook to not download mail from the server if it is over a certain size. How do I do that? I've looked at rules and can't figure it out. Thanks! -- ------------------------------------------ Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com Jeff Needle <jeff.needle@cwnet.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system. I want to tell Outlook to not > download mail from the server if it is over a certain size. How do I > do that? I've looked at rules and can't figure it out. Outlook has no rules that ...

SQL Server Express db size
I have a small business client that is running SBS 2003. One app they are running on the server is MS BCM, Business Contact Manager. It uses SQL SE for its database. The server has started registering errors 1827 and 1105 from source MSSQL$MSSMLBIZ indicating the db has reached its licensed limit of 4GB. Can anyone provide some help in how to correct this situation? Disk space does not seem to be the issue since there are 327GB free. JL You have 2 alternatives: 1) Free up space inside the database so that you are not using more than 4GB 2) Upgrade to a retail ver...

Some stocks do not update.
Hi, I have Microsoft Money Plus Premimu Version 17.0.125.1415 It has been registered and the license expires on 11/3/2009. Most of my stocks in the portfolio update automatically, but there are a handful that do not. The accounts are opened (have not been closed) and do have stocks available. This is a partial list of symbols that do not get updated: VWIGX NAESX DODGX Is there a patch I need to update or can anyone think of a reason why it is not updating? Thanks beforehand, -- Gustavo www.gustavogarcia.net In microsoft.public.money, Gustavo wrote: > >I have Microsoft Mon...

Improve "Find" command: Let user specify color/thickness/blinking.
This is an improvement suggestion to Microsoft: To make it easier for a user to visually locate the next cell found by the "Find" command, please allow the user to modify the color, thickness, or blinking characteristics of the found cell's border. Currently, in Excel 2003, the found cell is indicated by a border that, although white and broad, is too difficult to immediatly sight, most of the time. Another problem is that the found cell is frequently hidden under the "Find" dialog box. Please improve the "Find" command by automatically moving the ...

Entourage 2001 hangs when try to print
I'm running Entourage 2001 9.0.2 (4011) on Mac OS 9.2.2 on a PowerComputing clone that has a G4 processor. When I try to print certain received messages, the computer hangs before the Print dialog box shows, and I have to reboot. Thanks for any help, Ken Hi It sounds like those certain messages might be putting the memory requirement for Entourage over the setting that it has allotted in Finder. Try raising the preferred setting in FInder using GetInfo. Add at least 10 meg (10000) and see if that cures the ill. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup with...