There is any way to post here without being insulted every time?

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discus
people.�

0
anonymous (74717)

Vanilla,

You can take the good with the bad or simply put posters in a kill file
where you will not see their messages. What I have found is that nearly
100 percent of people who respond really are nice people who are willing
to do all they can to help, but sometimes forget that when answering. I
don't know why and cannot do anything about it, but I still come here
for advice and knowledge.

Mike

Vanilla wrote:
> “Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss
> people.”

0
wordwiz (948)
5/8/2004 11:12:29 PM
Vanilla wrote:
> “Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small
> minds discuss people.”

Yes there is - read those links I gave you and follow the advice contained
therein. Otherwise you will continue to be "insulted" as you put it.

It's in your own hands.

0
cerridwen (233)
5/9/2004 12:33:39 AM
Hi Vanilla (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small
|| minds discuss people."

Vanilla, have you received an answer about your folded card question? I
wasn't sure if this has been addressed with you yet.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
5/9/2004 12:54:51 AM
Vanilla,

I have always found helpful replies to my questions here, along with
thank the first group and ignore the second; responding to them only
encourages them to continue in the same vein.

Sibyl

On Sat, 8 May 2004 15:56:02 -0700, "=?Utf-8?B?VmFuaWxsYQ==?="

>“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss
>people.”

0
notsib (6)
5/9/2004 2:24:33 AM
Vanilla,
As Mike said....
Just discern the good from the bad (in your opinion) then learn from the rest.
This group is very lively and well organized per issue posted.
I learn much from the differences in opinion.......
0
caschatte (53)
5/9/2004 5:46:03 AM
Hi Mike
Thanks for the encouriging words.

Vanilla
“From one small seed of kindness … friendship grows.”
0
anonymous (74717)
5/9/2004 12:31:03 PM
Hi Brian Thanks for Asking
"Vanilla, have you received an answer about your folded card question? I
wasn't sure if this has been addressed with you yet.

I've got lots of useful replies and I learned a lot from them.  I posted twice: "Sorry but I have a question again" & "It is a mystery to me..."
I posted twice (if you wonder why?) because I was not sure that I worded in the way that people could get the picture about what is my problem, I tried to clarify it.  (as English is my second language).

However, I still do not know how to repeat the first page in a folded card option (without copying them) the way that in my printing it will be nicely arranged on all the four pages.  The funny thing is that when I had no intention doing it, accidentally I was able to do it.  However, I do not remember how

Vanill
“From one small seed of kindness … friendship grows.”

0
anonymous (74717)
5/9/2004 1:11:04 PM
Hi Sibyl
You wrote
"I have always found helpful replies to my questions here, along wit
thank the first group and ignore the second; responding to them onl
encourages them to continue in the same vein.

I could not resist so far answering those insulting messages, as I thought—foolishly--I have to explain that I meant no harm.
However, you are right I could see now that my replies just feeding the frenzy.

Vanill
“From one small seed of kindness … friendship grows.�

0
anonymous (74717)

anonymous (74717)
5/9/2004 1:41:03 PM
Hi Mar

Not exactly.  However, they were very useful links and l learned a lot again

Thank
Vanill
“From one small seed of kindness … friendship grows.”
0
anonymous (74717)
5/9/2004 1:46:02 PM
Hi Chris

I am keep sending foolish (misaddressed and empty pages) replies to you sorry about that.

All I wanted to say is: Thanks for your encouriging words.

Vanill
“From one small seed of kindness … friendship grows.�

0
anonymous (74717)
5/9/2004 1:51:02 PM
Vanilla you are the sickest witch (with a 'b') ever to grace this place -
EVER.
You are a disgusting foul mouthed cockroach that lives in a low life trailer
park.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)
5/9/2004 8:46:14 PM
���MS�Publisher��� wrote:
> Vanilla you are the sickest witch (with a 'b') ever to grace this place -
> EVER.
> You are a disgusting foul mouthed cockroach that lives in a low life trailer
> park.

Cool!

and this info helps with our usage of Publisher....  how?

Control-T is helpful, makes things transparent

:))

Steve in NC

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
5/10/2004 3:12:03 AM
David ...

You forgot to take your meds again!

Please correct that situation, and post back with a retraction of your very unprofessional
conduct.

0
rsdwla (11)

2nd Posting
Haven't had an answer to this one, so I'll try again, I really need some pointers: I've got a query that I'm not sure how to develop. My tables: Quotes - QuoteNo, RaisedBy, Customer QuoteItems - RecordID, QuoteNo, PartNo, Lifecycle, Value There's a one-to-many relationship between Quotes and QuoteItems, i.e. one quote can have many items. I need to run a query to show a list of quotes with totals from the QuoteItems table i.e. QuoteNo, RaisedBy, Customer, List of PartNos, List of Lifecycles, TotalValue I haven't got a clue how to start this, I know it needs to b...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Open Hyperlink without Confirmation Message?
Excel 2003 insists on opening a "Microsoft Office" message box whenever a hyperlink that opens an external file (.mpg in this case) is clicked: "Opening xxxx.... some files can contain blah blah blah. Would you like to open this file?" Does anyone know how to get a worksheet's hyperlinks to open with a single click and skip this *annoying* (but oh so safe) message? Changing security levels under Macro settings does not do the trick. xl2003??? If yes, then Jim Rech posted this: http://google.co.uk/groups?threadm=ea%23IfqLoDHA.3700%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Curtis Phi...

Email addresses without user accounts
We have both 2003 & 2007 Exchange in our domain, we are part way through a transition to 2007. Is there a method to list all of the email addresses within the domain that do not have a user account associated with them, for example mail enabled public folders or distribution groups ? Run this command from Exchange Management Shell, it will spit out a list of DL's and smtp address associated with them. [PS] C:\>get-distributiongroup | fl name, emailaddresses > c:\addresses.tx As for Public Folders, you might try Get-publicfolderstatistics but not sure thi...

Inserting Date/Time of Last Update
Is there a way to insert a date and time in a cell(s) that will only be updated if there is a change to the worksheet. I'm looking to have the date/time of the last update so that it is easy to tell how current the worksheet is. Thanks -- Lionel B. Dyck <>< AIM ID: lbdyck Yahoo IM: lbdyck Homepage http://www.lbdsoftware.com/ Blog: http://randommgmt.blogspot.com/ Lionel You could put some code in a worksheet_Change() event like so (uses A1) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Range("A1").Value = Now() End Sub To implement right click the sheet t...

A way to create sub-categories?

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

customer on hold should get warning on recurring batch posting
If a customer is put on hold after a transaction for it is saved in a recurring batch, the system will still let the user post the batch without any warning. Please include the GP functionality to get a message prompt or warning that the user is posting a batch that includes transaction(s) for batch recurring. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Voiding posted shipment receipts
We are not using Great Plains to track our inventory, but we are importing POs and shipment receipts data into Great Plains v9.0 for accounting purposes. We just had an instance where duplicate receipts were imported and posted before they were caught. I've checked in many places, but can't find information on how to deal with a posted shipment receipt. Would it just be considered a return? Any advice is greatly appreciated! daw ...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

File takes long time to open
I have an excel file (about 8MB) and it takes a long time to open and close (even without saving). I know that it has a lot of sheets, macros and formulae but here is the funny thing. The predecessor to this file (the new file is an offshoot of this one) is much larger in size (13MB) and includes more formulae and sheet and it opens and closes much faster than the smaller file. What exactly determines how long a file takes? How can I make this new file (8MB) open and close much faster, especially when I am not even saving it? Thanks, Jay It could be to do with how many Add Ins you h...

time delay info message
Hi, I am not very experienced in MFC stuff.. so pls..bear. I want to have a infomessage to be displayed to the user with a time delay. I know messagebox call but that box needs uer interaction for it to disappear. I want to have a message displayed and then make it disappear after a specified time delay. Regards You could do this with a non-modal dialog and have it pop up based on a WM_TIMER then destroy it based on another timer that gets set when it pops up. You can put whatever you want in the dialog. Tom "Vishuonline" <Vishuonline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Change the Intercompany posting message
The posting message that pops up when posting an intercompany transaction in payables reads the following - At least one distribution amount for a company does not match the corresponding company. Do you want to continue?" This message is just an alert message since there are distribution amounts for another company. Click on OK and you should be able to continue saving the intercompany transaction. This should be changed as it makes people think there are errors ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the mos...

How To Repeat the First Two Rows On Every Page
Hi there, I'd like to be able to have the first two rows at the top of my page repeat as the first two rows at the top of every page of a long document. I can't quite figure out how to do this. It would kind of be like a heading at the top of each page -- but I don't want to use the header and footer feature. Can folks tell me how to set this up? Thanks very much. Jason File > Page Setup > Sheet > Rows to repeat at top -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with ...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

Date every tuesday
Dear Friends, I need to write the date of every Tuesday next to the member name for the whole year 2007 and 2008. Example Name July 8, 2008 July 15, 2008 July 22, 2008 July 29, 2008 Mr. A Mr. B Mr. C Mr. D Mr. E Can we write any formula for this. Friend in need. Mat If you put a Tuesday date in B1, for example, you can put this in C1: =3DB1+7 and copy this across to give you successive Tuesdays. Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 7, 2:30=A0pm, Mat <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Dear Friends, > > I need to write the date of every Tuesday n...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

How to keep leading zero without changing field to text field?
I've already tried to customize the number 0#### - the leading zero remains in Excel but as soon as I save this file and try to use it as a merge document with word the leading zero is gone again. I then have to go back and make this a text in order for the zero to remain when merging with word. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx -- tj "Deni" wrote: > I've already tried to customize the number 0#### - the leading zero remains > in Excel but as soon as I save this file and try to use it as a merge > document with word the lea...

How to add up separate periods of time in Excel
Greetings. I am a NYC criminal attorney who uses Excel for a lot of my case-management. I've recently found that formula that allows you to calculate the time between two dates ("=YEAR(I45)-YEAR(R45)- IF(OR(MONTH(I45)<MONTH(R45),AND(MONTH(I45)=MONTH(R45), DAY(I45)<DAY(R45))),1,0)&" years, "&MONTH(I45)- MONTH(R45)+IF(AND(MONTH(I45)<=MONTH(R45),DAY(I45)<DAY(R45)), 11,IF(AND(MONTH(I45)<MONTH(R45),DAY(I45)>=DAY(R45)), 12,IF(AND(MONTH(I45)>MONTH(R45),DAY(I45)<DAY(R45)),-1)))&" months, "&I45-DATE(YEAR(I45),MONTH(I45)-IF(DAY(I45)...

Time to text conversion
I have Mac's version of Office (Office 2004), but it shouldn't matter.. The problem: I have a column in a table containing times (for some events). Data found in the cells looks like this: 1) "20:00 2) "20:00/22:00" (starting/ending time) Excel has automatically formated type 1 cells as "time", and type 2 cells as "text". I need all the cells to be formatted as "text". How? If i change the formatting of a cell, it displays something like "0.833333" (20.00 divided by 24). The only solution I came out with is copying the whole co...

Is there a way
G'Day, Is there a way to turn off NDR's in Ex5.5 SP4 on an NT server running SP6a ? Also, can the ability for the server to receive TELNET connections be turned off? My server isn't an open relay, but, I know it's being used to SPAM using DNR's and I can see TELNET connections in the log files.... Thank You, Admin_In_Syd i know that u can turn off the ndrs to be sent from exchange at the standard poliy setting, thats how i configured it at exchange 2000 .... there must be also a setting at exch 5.5, actually i dont remeber it .... "Steve@Home" <sprob@...